#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    LOL

Umm...you know you posted this on the same day McCarthy was ousted as speaker?

Irony is lost on maga.
    www.myspace.com
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    mace1229 said:
    being the dumbest person doesn't mean you're the worst person.
    You're right, we can have different opinions. Truly pulling that by accident would be dumber than anything MTG said in my opinion. She's still a worse person though. No one has debated that.

I don't understand why his party is pretending to believe his story. Calling him out for his selflessness would be a better look I think. Or maybe they're hoping everyone buys that story? It looks like some here weren't aware of the actual door and all the signage. I was curious, googled "congressman fire alarm" and tons of pictures and stories popped up. No way I was believing it was an accident after that. 

You are right, pulling the fire alarm is dumb and there is no defense for it. It’s good to acknowledge MTG is worse, but the comparison is stark. Pulling the alarm is an isolated action by a single member in congress, and not representative of what the democrats as a group are trying to accomplish on behalf of their constituents . 

What MTG does is use violent imagery and words to propagate hate against democrats in DC and amongst the population , which is on an entirely different level. On this forum and elsewhere, people tend to think of MTG as a goofball, but the hate she generates in the shadow of trump is dangerous to us all.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    edited October 2023
    LOL

As long as we are ageist-ing, might as well address the elephant in the room,  

Deleted ;)

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    LOL

You are so talented you must be commended it must take time to get this done? Do you work or work out of your moms basement? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    Wow, dissing a respected and groundbreaking deceased woman. That's classy.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    that nickname came from our good friend Bill Maher. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• LOL

seriously. what is funny about this?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Not a fan of his and never have been. He's just an asshole, even if he is sometimes correct on his assessments. 
  • tbergs said:
    Not a fan of his and never have been. He's just an asshole, even if he is sometimes correct on his assessments. 
    he has gone further and further to the right the last few years. i find him unwatchable now.

he should cry about his issues getting solar panels just a little bit more. that was insufferable.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LMFAO!

Build that wall!!!

Trump right again. 
    LMFAO!

Build that wall!!!

Trump right again. 
    Hahahahahaha!!!! :rofl: 
  • LOL

Like everything.  Lighten up Francis 
  • LOL

implying biden will die while in office is not funny.

you all maybe shouldn't put that out into the universe, because then you will end up with president harris.

LOL

you all maybe shouldn't put that out into the universe, because then you will end up with president harris.
    Right, who they hate, but I also think they believe Trump could beat her because they know he can't beat Biden.
  • tbergs said:
    LOL

Right, who they hate, but I also think they believe Trump could beat her because they know he can't beat Biden.
    trump cannot beat anybody unless they suppress the vote.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    mickeyrat said:
    So adults who agreed to take out a loan, went to the school of their choice, are getting free money now?
    What about families that went without so their kids wouldn't be in debt?
    What about those who chose a school for financials reasons to save money?
    What about those who joined the military to cover the cost?
    What about those who picked a different route so they wouldn't be in debt?
    When do they get their free money?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    So adults who agreed to take out a loan, went to the school of their choice, are getting free money now?
    The government takes care of stupid all the time. Do you stand outside bankruptcy courts and chastise everyone going in and out?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    When society moves forward, it's always the older generation complaining and asking, what about me, even though they were once the group who also benefitted from some change the previous generation didn't have. They always conveniently forgot about their special privileges. Move on. I didn't get paternity leave, but now the state allows men paid leave for 6 weeks. Sucks I didn't get that benefit, but I'm glad it's been changed for future parents. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    When society moves forward, it's always the older generation complaining and asking, what about me, even though they were once the group who also benefitted from some change the previous generation didn't have. They always conveniently forgot about their special privileges. Move on. I didn't get paternity leave, but now the state allows men paid leave for 6 weeks. Sucks I didn't get that benefit, but I'm glad it's been changed for future parents. 
    While I don't necessarily agree with the student loan forgiveness program, I definitely agree with this mentality.

Just because prior generations didn't get something that would have benefited them, doesn't mean subsequent generations shouldn't either. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    While I don't necessarily agree with the student loan forgiveness program, I definitely agree with this mentality.

Just because prior generations didn't get something that would have benefited them, doesn't mean subsequent generations shouldn't either. 
    Agreed.  I'm generally against the plan but not because it's not fair to older people.  That's a stupid reason. 

For me,  I see this as wealth transfer to a younger person who has maximum earning power in our economy.  I think that's anti-progressive in nature. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    I'm for it...the government paid billions to people (like me....I got $50K) for covid relief. Getting that debt off their backs is good for the economy. They will spend that money rather than pay some fucked up loan that they made a bad decision on.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I have said this exact same thing to so many people aged 45 and up it's staggering. it blows my mind that people don't see how much better they had it than the previous generation. I will NEVER complain about progress, even if I don't personally benefit from it. 

www.headstonesband.com

• LETH GO BARNDEN!!!!!!!!!!

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    edited October 2023
    I'm for it...the government paid billions to people (like me....I got $50K) for covid relief. Getting that debt off their backs is good for the economy. They will spend that money rather than pay some fucked up loan that they made a bad decision on.
    The main issue I have is the income minimum.  If you make less than 125k, you're eligible.  This would include someone who graduated this past May.  So who in the world is making 125k their first year out of school?  Almost no one at the undergraduate level. 
    LMFAO!

Build that wall!!!

Trump right again. 
    "I'm a racist!!!". 

you're seriously delusional if you think Trump has been right about anything except that he'd like to date his own daughter. 

www.headstonesband.com

tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I don't see it as moving forward. It was a decision they made. If I paid too much for a car and decide now the payments are tough, should I get bailed out? I see no difference.
    You can make a choice about where to go, going to Jr college first, living at home, etc. College really doesn't have to be expensive. If you chose to make it expense, that's fine. But it was still a decision you made to take out loans so you can have that dorm experience in a 4 year college.
    Others can get the same degree by going to a 2 year college first, not living in a dorm, and spending a small fraction. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    cry harder
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    cry harder
    Sharing my opinion on why I don't like it is crying now?