#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    At least he doesn't pull fire alarms trying to open doors.
    if he pulled a fire alarm to delay the vote, then censure him. i don't gaf about him. stop trying to point fingers at me.

at least he did not live tweet nancy pelosi's location on 1/6.

see, i can do it too.

your party won't even say santos did anything wrong, so save the holier than thou attitude, thanks.

happened in the Cannon office building. as far as I know, no votes take place there.
    Maybe. But he’s either the new dumbest member of Congress, taking the crown from MTG, or he pulled on purpose.
    No one, especially someone who used to work in a school, thinks pulling a big red handle marked “fire” is going to do anything but set off a fire alarm.
    So he’s either dumber than anyone I met, or he did it on purpose.

I never said he tried to evacuate the capitol. 
    I watched the video last night and told my wife I bet he really did want to open the doors, but no way he didn't know that was a fire alarm. The doors were clearly marked emergency exit only, had huge red signs that said alarm would sound, etc. He was probably just in a rush to get somewhere, didn't want to backtrack to whatever exit was closest, and decided to pull the alarm thinking it would unlock the emergency exit doors.
    And I still stand behind my other statement. There is 0% chance he pulled that without knowing it was a fire alarm.

If you believe he sees this:

And is asked what does this mean:
    a) pull this in the case of an emergency and will sound alarm
    or
    b) pull this to open the nearest automatic door

And think he picks option b, then how do you not agree he is the dumbest person in congress?

No way he pulled that and didn't know what he was doing.
    how do you, personally, know that that is what the alarm that he pulled looks like? have you seen photos of the alarm in question? i have not.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    edited October 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    if he pulled a fire alarm to delay the vote, then censure him. i don't gaf about him. stop trying to point fingers at me.

see, i can do it too.

your party won't even say santos did anything wrong, so save the holier than thou attitude, thanks.

happened in the Cannon office building. as far as I know, no votes take place there.
    Maybe. But he’s either the new dumbest member of Congress, taking the crown from MTG, or he pulled on purpose.
    No one, especially someone who used to work in a school, thinks pulling a big red handle marked “fire” is going to do anything but set off a fire alarm.

I watched the video last night and told my wife I bet he really did want to open the doors, but no way he didn't know that was a fire alarm. The doors were clearly marked emergency exit only, had huge red signs that said alarm would sound, etc. He was probably just in a rush to get somewhere, didn't want to backtrack to whatever exit was closest, and decided to pull the alarm thinking it would unlock the emergency exit doors.
    And I still stand behind my other statement. There is 0% chance he pulled that without knowing it was a fire alarm.

or

And think he picks option b, then how do you not agree he is the dumbest person in congress?

how do you, personally, know that that is what the alarm that he pulled looks like? have you seen photos of the alarm in question? i have not.
     This I believe is the actual door and signage. I mean, come on. You see the sign, you read the door, then pull the fire alarm? And claim it was an accident? To me, looks like he just wanted the alarm to sound so he could unlock the doors.
    After seeing this, how can anyone pretend it was an accident?

When I saw this is what I realized he knew exactly what he was doing. He just wanted to leave, thought pulling the alarm would unlock the doors. I didn't buy into the canceling the vote theory, but even Helen Keller could see that's an emergency exit and a fire alarm. He just didn't care.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

see, i can do it too.

or

This I believe is the actual door and signage. I mean, come on. You see the sign, you read the door, then pull the fire alarm? And claim it was an accident? To me, looks like he just wanted the alarm to sound so he could unlock the doors.

When I saw this is what I realized he knew exactly what he was doing. He just wanted to leave, thought pulling the alarm would unlock the doors. I didn't buy into the canceling the vote theory, but even Helen Keller could see that's an emergency exit and a fire alarm. He just didn't care.
    yeah agreed. most people would have found a different exit.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077
    I agree, it was pretty f'ing dumb to pull the alarm & call it an accident. 

I still don't think it's as dumb as suggesting that global warming is good for humanity though. 

Any guesses on who made that claim? 

I still don't think it's as dumb as suggesting that global warming is good for humanity though. 

Let me clarify.
    What he did doesn't make him the dumbest in congress. Clearly a dumb thing to do, I don't understand why democrats are sticking up for him. Call him out, let him be fined or whatever consequences there are, instead of pretending it was an accident.

What would be the dumbest thing in congress is if you actually did pull that by accident. If you walk by the signs, see the signs on the door, see a red handle labeled "fire" and somehow think it's all an elaborate setup to open an automatic door. That would be the dumbest thing anyone in congress has done. Which, by the way, is what he wants you to believe. He doesn't want to admit it was a lack of judgment and pulled it hoping to unlock the doors, he wants you to believe despite all the signage, he had no idea it was a fire alarm and it was the button to open the doors. That's pretty dumb. And yes, dumber than MTG if you actually believe it.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

see, i can do it too.

or

emergency exits will open one way. from. in to out.  a locked emergency exit negates the emergency nature , no?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited October 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

see, i can do it too.

or

emergency exits will open one way. from. in to out.  a locked emergency exit negates the emergency nature , no?
    That is why there is a way to unlock it from the inside. Push on the handle for 3 seconds, an alarm will sound and doors will unlock in 30 seconds.
    Maybe he didn't want to wait the 30 seconds? I don't know. But how anyone can pretend he pulled the alarm by accident is beyond me. It was clearly an intentional thing. We can debate the reason behind it, but it was definitely not an accident. Unless you really think he is that dumb.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355

Why do people always do this?

Seems like we are talking about the idiot or pompous ass (depending on which is true) that set off an alarm "accidently" when it was extremely clear what was going to happen and it was no accident.

I'd really like to know if he is a moron....had a momentary brain fart...or he just thinks so highly of himself that if he wants to use a door he should get to regardless of it's true purpose.
    hippiemom = goodness
    mace1229 said:

Let me clarify.
    What he did doesn't make him the dumbest in congress. Clearly a dumb thing to do, I don't understand why democrats are sticking up for him. Call him out, let him be fined or whatever consequences there are, instead of pretending it was an accident.

What would be the dumbest thing in congress is if you actually did pull that by accident. If you walk by the signs, see the signs on the door, see a red handle labeled "fire" and somehow think it's all an elaborate setup to open an automatic door. That would be the dumbest thing anyone in congress has done. Which, by the way, is what he wants you to believe. He doesn't want to admit it was a lack of judgment and pulled it hoping to unlock the doors, he wants you to believe despite all the signage, he had no idea it was a fire alarm and it was the button to open the doors. That's pretty dumb. And yes, dumber than MTG if you actually believe it.
    You're entitled to your opinion. 

I'm going to go ahead and maintain mine, that as dumb as this fire alarm stunt was, and the excuse that followed, it still isn't nearly as dumb as suggesting CA wildfires were started by lasers from space, funded by Jews.  

Why do people always do this?

Seems like we are talking about the idiot or pompous ass (depending on which is true) that set off an alarm "accidently" when it was extremely clear what was going to happen and it was no accident.

I'd really like to know if he is a moron....had a momentary brain fart...or he just thinks so highly of himself that if he wants to use a door he should get to regardless of it's true purpose.
    I agree, this fire alarm stunt was dumb, as was the excuse that followed, but let's not act like he's the worse than the worst person in Congress because of it. 
    edited October 2023
    being the dumbest person doesn't mean you're the worst person.
    You're right, we can have different opinions. Truly pulling that by accident would be dumber than anything MTG said in my opinion. She's still a worse person though. No one has debated that.

I don't understand why his party is pretending to believe his story. Calling him out for his selflessness would be a better look I think. Or maybe they're hoping everyone buys that story? It looks like some here weren't aware of the actual door and all the signage. I was curious, googled "congressman fire alarm" and tons of pictures and stories popped up. No way I was believing it was an accident after that. 
    mace1229 said:
    being the dumbest person doesn't mean you're the worst person.
    You're right, we can have different opinions. Truly pulling that by accident would be dumber than anything MTG said in my opinion. She's still a worse person though. No one has debated that.

I don't understand why his party is pretending to believe his story. Calling him out for his selflessness would be a better look I think. Or maybe they're hoping everyone buys that story? It looks like some here weren't aware of the actual door and all the signage. I was curious, googled "congressman fire alarm" and tons of pictures and stories popped up. No way I was believing it was an accident after that. 
    I'm with you... I don't understand why people are pretending to believe his story... just like I don't understand why people insist on trying to normalize MTG. 
  • Wow, the biggest outrage on Capitol Hill appears to be a dem pulling a fire alarm and lying about it? Not the Kevie drama? Not the POOTWH trials, plural? And certainly not the crisis on the border? And with George Santaria still in office, to boot? Wow, wish folks would spend this amount of time conducting their own research on the issues that matter. I guess this issue really matters. Can’t have dumb dems in office, I suppose?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    Wow, the biggest outrage on Capitol Hill appears to be a dem pulling a fire alarm and lying about it? Not the Kevie drama? Not the POOTWH trials, plural? And certainly not the crisis on the border? And with George Santaria still in office, to boot? Wow, wish folks would spend this amount of time conducting their own research on the issues that matter. I guess this issue really matters. Can’t have dumb dems in office, I suppose?
    Fax News strikes again. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

No one here seems outraged. It's a funny story. Lying about is funny. People seemed to buy into the lie and defend him which was interesting to me.
    There's a whole thread dedicated to trump and the border, no need to discuss it here. The fire alarm isn't worthy of its own thread and it was brought up. 
    What research? It took about 1 minute of google search to realize his version had to be made up.
    I don't want dumb dems or repubs in office. I'd prefer smart people on either side.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    mace1229 said:

Let me clarify.

I don't know that dems are standing up for him other than saying he didn't intend to delay a vote because it was in a completely separate building.

Definitely a stupid thing to do.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Well I'm glad it only took 49 posts to get this straight.  The House can now function properly. 
  • Well, one side has a shit ton more stupid/dumb, and of more consequence, than the other, led by Exhibit A:

“The rarely used Executive Law that the N.Y.A.G. is proceeding under is VERY UNFAIR, and being used against me for that reason. NY Executive Law 63 (12) does not require a victim, traditional elements of fraud are eliminated (the only such law!), the law allows a politically elected partisan prosecutor to convince a politically elected judge, who may be friends, to destroy even a Political Opponent,” Trump posted on Truth Social.

Trump posted, “This law may not be Constitutional and is not FAIR, and that is why terrible A.G. James chose it to use against me!!!” 

Trump called James a “Monster” and a “Trump Deranged Lunatic.” He called the New York attorney general “Letitia ‘Peekaboo’ James.” 

“Now that it has been agreed in Court that Mar-a-Lago is WORTH 50 to 100 times the Value the Racist & Incompetent Attorney General of New York State, Letitia “Peekaboo” James, ascribed to it (18 Million Dollars), & likewise other assets that were valued crazily low by this “Monster” that has allowed Violent Crime in New York to reach EPIDEMIC levels, and dangerous illegal migrants to roam free all over our State, we hope the Judge will TERMINATE his first ruling of fraud in that he was given false and ridiculous information by the Trump Deranged Lunatic, A.G. James,” Trump posted

Trump posted, “In actuality, I am WORTH FAR MORE than the numbers put down on the Financial Statements, not less. In addition, there is a far reaching and professionally drawn Disclaimer Clause boldly stated on the FIRST PAGE OF THE DOCUMENT. This entire case should be thrown out and dismissed. The A.G. should be reprimanded and sanctioned for bringing this case with its FAKE LOW VALUES, in order to make me look bad. Election Interference!”

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©

Is what Bowman did or said any dumber, less believable, or more problematic than the GOP threatening to shut the government down because they want more accountability for Ukraine spending? 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    it's not a contest. both can be dumb and called out according to their relative dumbness. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• There’s dumb and then there’s MAGA DUMB. At this point, not even dumb is the same.

Brilliantati©
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    it's not a contest. both can be dumb and called out according to their relative dumbness. 
    Not in America Hugh...We can only measure against Trump and the worst members of congress, anything under that threshold is A OK
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    There’s dumb and then there’s MAGA DUMB. At this point, not even dumb is the same.
    Pulling a fire alarm to open a door is MAGA dumb 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • There’s dumb and then there’s MAGA DUMB. At this point, not even dumb is the same.
    Pulling a fire alarm to open a door is MAGA dumb 
    Your definition of MAGA DUMB and my definition are completely different.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Yes the dumb ass pulled the fire alarm he should be charged and pay what ever fines are due! And then move on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    This was an incredibly stupid move by Bowman and he should be prosecuted accordingly. Would this be worthy of censure? I’m sure I don’t know. Is it worthy of expulsion from office… with some of the other characters running around in congress, I would say no, but I guess there’s a sliding scale of acceptable behavior… idk, I don’t understand the rules anymore. (If I ever did at all)

How it relates to MTG in any way shape or form is also beyond me… idk, it wasn’t me that brought her up in relation to Bowman. While we’re here though, I will say that I find the way some people talk about her very, very odd to say the least. 
    Yes the dumb ass pulled the fire alarm he should be charged and pay what ever fines are due! And then move on
    He’s partly at fault for the story lingering and those who defend him. His response to people accusing him of doing it on purpose was to call the GOP Nazis. And then other democrats, like AOC, stick up for him and say it was an accident too. That helps keep the story going.
    Dont call people a Nazi for calling you out and don’t have your party back up a total BS story and this does out quicker.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    I was worried that this was no longer a topic that needed to be explored.  Thankfully there's a little blood left in it. 
    mrussel1 said:
    I was worried that this was no longer a topic that needed to be explored.  Thankfully there's a little blood left in it. 
    I thought you've been here before? We beat things to death....and then give it 1 more round.