#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Biden reminds me of GW in that after his term we were ready to get a President like Obama that sounded professional.  Even mentioning his kitchen fire when hundreds have died is a good example.  It is a gaffe and doesn't disqualify someone to be president, but it doesn't give me a lot of confidence that this is the guy really running the show.  

Just a statement.  Trump is an outlier President in my lifetime and not someone to compare future President's against.  
    I agree.  It's time for Joe to retire.  He's had a great career.  I'd like Shapiro, Whitmer or Newsome to be the next. 

I think Vivek is a fraud.
    Agree but not sure those 3 could beat orange man at this point.
    I think either of those three would smoke Trump at this point.  Putting someone up that isn't an aging boomer is worth 2-4% of Independents right off the bat.  Plus the MI and PA governors are popular in their state, locking in key electoral votes.  
    Biden isn’t even young enough to be a Boomer. That’s how old our options are right now

I don't understand why being 80 in of itself is automatically considered a liability.  Many people at that age do great things.  Some examples:

Buddy Guy, blues guitarist.  Buddy finished up his farewell tour this year at age 87 and still wowed crowds with his playing.

Wendell Berry, author, environmental activist, cultural critic.  Two years ago a friend of Mr. Berry's and highly regarded bookstore owner Ken Sanders told me, "Wendell Berry is one of if not the greatest living and working American author," and I agreed with him.  At that time, Mr. Berry was 87 years old (89 today and still writing.)

Sir Anthony Hopkins, actor, age 85.  Hopkins is still working and still highly regarded for his roles in recent years.

Ray Lux, now deceased, former moderator of the general assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA), and former Presbyterian Deacon.  In his early 90s, my father still served as a deacon for his church as was well respected for his contributions. 

Sure, not all elderly people are sharp as a tack, put I believe it's a mistake (and in some cases insulting) to automatically assume anyone over 80 years old is incompetent.
    I don't think he is incompetent but watching him walk these days...he has the look of pretty much being out of it.  can't imagine how he will look in 4 years.  I get he has to be the choice over orange man every day of the week and twice on Sunday but still...
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,687
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Biden reminds me of GW in that after his term we were ready to get a President like Obama that sounded professional.  Even mentioning his kitchen fire when hundreds have died is a good example.  It is a gaffe and doesn't disqualify someone to be president, but it doesn't give me a lot of confidence that this is the guy really running the show.  

Just a statement.  Trump is an outlier President in my lifetime and not someone to compare future President's against.  
    I agree.  It's time for Joe to retire.  He's had a great career.  I'd like Shapiro, Whitmer or Newsome to be the next. 

I think either of those three would smoke Trump at this point.  Putting someone up that isn't an aging boomer is worth 2-4% of Independents right off the bat.  Plus the MI and PA governors are popular in their state, locking in key electoral votes.  
    Biden isn’t even young enough to be a Boomer. That’s how old our options are right now

I don't understand why being 80 in of itself is automatically considered a liability.  Many people at that age do great things.  Some examples:

Buddy Guy, blues guitarist.  Buddy finished up his farewell tour this year at age 87 and still wowed crowds with his playing.

Wendell Berry, author, environmental activist, cultural critic.  Two years ago a friend of Mr. Berry's and highly regarded bookstore owner Ken Sanders told me, "Wendell Berry is one of if not the greatest living and working American author," and I agreed with him.  At that time, Mr. Berry was 87 years old (89 today and still writing.)

Sir Anthony Hopkins, actor, age 85.  Hopkins is still working and still highly regarded for his roles in recent years.

Ray Lux, now deceased, former moderator of the general assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA), and former Presbyterian Deacon.  In his early 90s, my father still served as a deacon for his church as was well respected for his contributions. 

Sure, not all elderly people are sharp as a tack, put I believe it's a mistake (and in some cases insulting) to automatically assume anyone over 80 years old is incompetent.
    I don't think he is incompetent but watching him walk these days...he has the look of pretty much being out of it.  can't imagine how he will look in 4 years.  I get he has to be the choice over orange man every day of the week and twice on Sunday but still...

Yeah, the problem is, Dems did not come up with a better alternative in 2020 and the Reps even worse (then and now), and the incumbent almost always runs for a second term.  I think Biden will do OK and thankfully he a decent team and good advisors. 
    I agree that this country needs to start grooming some good younger leaders.  We need that badly!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

How is age not a factor for most people? Not saying the elderly can’t do anything or are useless. But he’ll be 86 I think by the end of his second term. 
    Being president is demanding. Your body becomes more fragile with age. A slip and fall can put you in the hospital for months at that age.
    Buddy Guy has a rough week and he can retire tomorrow and never work again. Biden has a rough day and tomorrow still may be his most demanding day in his life. Buddy slips and falls at a show and some people get half a concert. Biden slips and falls and 325 million people can end up with a new president. Not saying it invalidates him, but how is that not something to consider?
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

How is age not a factor for most people? Not saying the elderly can’t do anything or are useless. But he’ll be 86 I think by the end of his second term. 
    Being president is demanding. Your body becomes more fragile with age. A slip and fall can put you in the hospital for months at that age.
    Buddy Guy has a rough week and he can retire tomorrow and never work again. Biden has a rough day and tomorrow still may be his most demanding day in his life. Buddy slips and falls at a show and some people get half a concert. Biden slips and falls and 325 million people can end up with a new president. Not saying it invalidates him, but how is that not something to consider?

I agree that it's a factor.  But the bigger factors are that Dems have not groomed a candidate beside Biden capable of being elected and Reps have only managed to offer up Trump and some other wackadoos to run for office, so there's your choice.  I'm choosing Biden and hoping for better choices next time.
    Yes, the job is demanding, but the president has aids, and I think he will do OK until some younger AND qualified candidates are groomed.  Like I said, that has not happened in this country.  And of course it takes more than physical strength the be a good leader.  It also takes experience and gained wisdom.  At least Biden has that going for him. 
    Welcome to the demise of the American Empire.

I'm also going to throw out yet again my most unpopular notion that countries (including ours) place too much emphasis and power on a single individual, be it president, prime minister, dictator, etc.  I've never been comfortable with so many huge decisions placed in the hands of a single person.  But, of course, that will never change
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree that it's a factor.  But the bigger factors are that Dems have not groomed a candidate beside Biden capable of being elected and Reps have only managed to offer up Trump and some other wackadoos to run for office, so there's your choice.  I'm choosing Biden and hoping for better choices next time.
    Yes, the job is demanding, but the president has aids, and I think he will do OK until some younger AND qualified candidates are groomed.  Like I said, that has not happened in this country.  And of course it takes more than physical strength the be a good leader.  It also takes experience and gained wisdom.  At least Biden has that going for him. 

I'm also going to throw out yet again my most unpopular notion that countries (including ours) place too much emphasis and power on a single individual, be it president, prime minister, dictator, etc.  I've never been comfortable with so many huge decisions placed in the hands of a single person.  But, of course, that will never change
    What's wrong with your governor?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    he is surrounded by good people , diligent at their jobs. He appears to be a good delegator. He has the skill and experience. Verbal flubs and minor missteps(relatively speaking) arent enough for me to suggest someone else.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Well, I think he would make a decent president but is he electable in a country so conservative as to have once elected Trump?  I don't know, but my concern is that he would be perceived as far to liberal.  He is obviously very electable in California, but on the national scene, I am concerned that his nomination would be handing the Republicans another seat in the White House and look what they have to offer so far! Ouch!
    Another consideration (in my mind anyway) is environment.  I think there is a link between over-population and environment and the governor and his wife have four children and as far as I know the couple produced all four and none are adopted.  I don't find that to be setting a good example.  Don't get me wrong- I'm sure they are all fine people and I wish them all a long and happy life- but if they want a family that large, why not adopt? 

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Well, I think he would make a decent president but is he electable in a country so conservative as to have once elected Trump?  I don't know, but my concern is that he would be perceived as far to liberal.  He is obviously very electable in California, but on the national scene, I am concerned that his nomination would be handing the Republicans another seat in the White House and look what they have to offer so far! Ouch!
    Another consideration (in my mind anyway) is environment.  I think there is a link between over-population and environment and the governor and his wife have four children and as far as I know the couple produced all four and none are adopted.  I don't find that to be setting a good example.  Don't get me wrong- I'm sure they are all fine people and I wish them all a long and happy life- but if they want a family that large, why not adopt? 
    I can't say whether he's too liberal or not.  I suppose that's for the voters to decide.  But I think he's a talented politician.  The way he dismantled Sean Hannity was very impressive, on Sean's own turf no less.  So I guess I'm disagreeing with your premise that the D's don't have a bench; they do.  They also have Whitmer, Shapiro and in a few more years, the very interesting MD governor Wes Moore.  He's black, went to Hopkins, was a Captain in the 182nd Airborne, and young (44).  He looks the part.  Watch out for this guy. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Not sure this presidential daily schedule from 2019 validates the bold, and this is likely a busy day,

edited August 2023
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Not sure this presidential daily schedule from 2019 validates the bold, and this is likely a busy day,

The demanding schedules are the ones that aren’t planned.
    being woken up in the middle of the night to watch a secret mission unfold or to be told of a terrorist attack and make split seconds decisions wouldn’t be on your daily schedule. 
    I would imagine the travel schedule of making a 12 hour flight to make an international meeting that’s equally to 3 AM DC time has got to be exhausting. Took me a week to get over the keg lag when I flew to Europe.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

being woken up in the middle of the night to watch a secret mission unfold or to be told of a terrorist attack and make split seconds decisions wouldn’t be on your daily schedule. 
    I would imagine the travel schedule of making a 12 hour flight to make an international meeting that’s equally to 3 AM DC time has got to be exhausting. Took me a week to get over the keg lag when I flew to Europe.

he doesnt fly coach.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

he doesnt fly coach.....
    never said he did.
    But he doesn’t teleport either.
    Its still going to take 10+ hours to travel halfway around the world with a cruising speed of 600 mph.
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

I can't say whether he's too liberal or not.  I suppose that's for the voters to decide.  But I think he's a talented politician.  The way he dismantled Sean Hannity was very impressive, on Sean's own turf no less.  So I guess I'm disagreeing with your premise that the D's don't have a bench; they do.  They also have Whitmer, Shapiro and in a few more years, the very interesting MD governor Wes Moore.  He's black, went to Hopkins, was a Captain in the 182nd Airborne, and young (44).  He looks the part.  Watch out for this guy. 

I don't know about Moore and not much about Whitmer.  Will check them out, thanks.

mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

he doesnt fly coach.....
    never said he did.
    Its still going to take 10+ hours to travel halfway around the world with a cruising speed of 600 mph.

yeah. its not like theres s bedroom on AF1.

mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Very valid point, but our choice is between someone who calls Putin a genius and Biden.

it’s very common for us to call Biden too old, but let’s consider your point and the biggest threat to Europe since WWII. Ukraines ability to hold its own is 100% due to Biden. 

If trump won in 2020, it’s likely Kiev would have fallen by now and we’d be wondering if NATO would still be a thing as Putin sizes up the balkans and we’d be required to put boots on the euro ground as trump withdraws the USA from NATO and we’re left considering europes future.

that this is not even discussed while almost everyone obsesses about Bidens birth certificate is alarming…about us.

and it’s not just that, Biden was able to pass several key domestic bills that none of his predecessors, including the svelte Obama were unable to do…memory chip manufacturing, infrastructure, gun safety and climate. Four huge bills that no one thought possible four years ago.
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

he doesnt fly coach.....
    never said he did.

And other people don’t sleep while they travel?
    I don’t know you seem to bent on denying that travel is exhausting. Getting in a plane at noon, flying for 12 hours and it’s still noon when you land, then you’re expected to be on their schedule and meet with work diplomats has got to be tiring for someone my age.  It’s going to be worse when you’re in your 80s. Why even try to deny that long travel is tiring?  Kind of stupid to be arguing that.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

he doesnt fly coach.....
    never said he did.

I don’t know you seem to bent on denying that travel is exhausting. Getting in a plane at noon, flying for 12 hours and it’s still noon when you land, then you’re expected to be on their schedule and meet with work diplomats has got to be tiring for someone my age.  It’s going to be worse when you’re in your 80s. Why even try to deny that long travel is tiring?  Kind of stupid to be arguing that.
    Having a private bedroom with a full bed is definitely a different experience than flying economy.  Most people simply can't get good sleep sitting straight up in cramped seats.  Give me a bed and a ten hour flight and I would sure as hell be ready to face the day at full strength. Especially with a private chef to make my meals and any comfort I could want.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

he doesnt fly coach.....
    never said he did.

Cmon with the names. Mick’s point is reasonable. POTUS has endless comforts when traveling the rest of us don’t and that’s significant. POTUS also has the ability to make significant changes to his schedule if needed that we normals usually can not. We are stuck with two older candidates because our election process is flawed, and the constitution makes it almost impossible to change our primary election process. If anything, frustrated Americans should be angry with the constitution, but our sometimes blind culture does not allow for that.

I’ll agree that it stinks we are left with two candidates both around the same old age, but to me biden has proven well beyond doubt he has been the most capable president, probably since Reagan. The four laws he signed that I mentioned earlier have been tried by other presidents and failed at for decades, his work in helping the Ukrainians, no one thought that was remotely possible before Russia invaded. If trump wins, Russia becomes more powerful and becomes a bigger threat to Europe and 46% of Americans seem to be more interested in Bidens birth certificate. 

And biden fixed the supply chain issues in less than a year that the gop president did ZERO to try to fix in 2020. But the red states can’t be bothered with fact, and trump to this day sits at 46% head to head w Biden ffs.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

he doesnt fly coach.....
    never said he did.

Cmon with the names. Mick’s point is reasonable. POTUS has endless comforts when traveling the rest of us don’t and that’s significant. POTUS also has the ability to make significant changes to his schedule if needed that we normals usually can not. We are stuck with two older candidates because our election process is flawed, and the constitution makes it almost impossible to change our primary election process. If anything, frustrated Americans should be angry with the constitution, but our sometimes blind culture does not allow for that.

I’ll agree that it stinks we are left with two candidates both around the same old age, but to me biden has proven well beyond doubt he has been the most capable president, probably since Reagan. The four laws he signed that I mentioned earlier have been tried by other presidents and failed at for decades, his work in helping the Ukrainians, no one thought that was remotely possible before Russia invaded. If trump wins, Russia becomes more powerful and becomes a bigger threat to Europe and 46% of Americans seem to be more interested in Bidens birth certificate. 

And biden fixed the supply chain issues in less than a year that the gop president did ZERO to try to fix in 2020. But the red states can’t be bothered with fact, and trump to this day sits at 46% head to head w Biden ffs.
    What is this about Biden's birth certificate?  Are you referring to the Obama birth cert controversy or have things got more looney?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

he doesnt fly coach.....
    never said he did.

I'm always glad to hear someone say positive things about the accomplishments Biden has made while in office.  Thank you!  Biden may not be the perfect president, but like you say, he's the best we've had in some time.  I don't understand why more people aren't aware of and grateful for that.  Most of us are way better off than we would have been under 45 or most if not all of the other less qualified choices.  So thank you for reminding us of this!

edited August 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

he doesnt fly coach.....
    never said he did.

I wasn’t calling him stupid. Just a stupid thing to argue about. I can’t go to sleep at noon in my own bed and wake up at midnight and expect to be on a completely different schedule. How would being on an airplane change that?  Travel and going through multiple time zones is tiring, no matter how nice the plane. I’ve never heard anyone say traveling multiple time zones and changing  your sleep schedule isn’t tiring until today.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    edited August 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

he doesnt fly coach.....
    never said he did.

I wasn’t calling him stupid. Just a stupid thing to argue about. I can’t go to sleep at noon in my own bed and wake up at midnight and expect to be on a completely different schedule. How would being on an airplane change that?  Travel and going through multiple time zones is tiring, no matter how nice the plane. I’ve never heard anyone say traveling multiple time zones and changing  your sleep schedule isn’t tiring until today.

POTUS travels in complete luxury. Every need is cared for. Every bag is lifted for him. Every meal is brought to him. Every button on his phone is pushed for him. His clothes are brought to him. If he were to get too tired, he snaps his fingers and a team is rescheduling his meetings and phone calls.

Trump took at least five hours a day as “executive time” meaning he could be in bed in his pajamas, and he get twelve million more votes than any other republican in history. No one cared in 2020 who voted for him.

again, I wish our constitutional primary process was different, but we are stuck with it, so we have little ability to get more choice and the name candidates are most likely always the nominees. But just looking at Bidens record, the effort in Ukraine which was thought completely impossible before the invasion, and those four pieces of landmark legislation, Bidens track record is outstanding, and he is getting short changed from the media and even many liberal moderates 

edit, ironically as I get older, I’m  finding I need less sleep, although many of us oldies look tired during the day. Also, his life is probably more like working from home than at an office or construction site, which to me is a world of difference. My life changed 100% when we started WFH during the pandemic. That’s probably an easy environment to create for the potus, home comforts are wherever he needs them.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,396
    mickeyrat said:
    Deathsantis seems very sad at being upstaged.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:
    Deathsantis seems very sad at being upstaged.

old picture but the result is the same...

mickeyrat said:

Question, if DeSantis were to dare and crack a smile, would his face break and fall apart?

gift article...

Biden fights back against GOP onslaught on education — cautiously
    By Toluse Olorunnipa and Laura Meckler
    September 03, 2023 at 6:00 ET
    As students settle into classrooms and the Republican presidential campaign kicks into high gear, President Biden has begun pushing back on hot-button issues related to education — but in an often-indirect way while trying to stay focused on issues his campaign believes matter more to voters.
    Biden regularly denounces Republican efforts to remove or restrict certain books in schools, but he has opted against fully engaging in the culture wars being waged by many Republicans. Instead, Biden and his administration are emphasizing areas they see as more resonant: increasing school funding, combating pandemic-era learning loss and addressing students’ mental health.
    Republicans, for their part, are zeroing in on issues such as transgender athletes in schools and how Black history is taught. As Labor Day marks the unofficial start of both the campaign and the school year, the emerging split screen underscores the vastly different approaches the two parties are taking to education politics.
    “Republican culture wars have really moved education onto the national agenda,” said Democratic pollster Celinda Lake. “One of the strongest strategies for responding to the divisiveness on these culture war wedge issues is to actually talk about an investment in our schools.”
    The president’s calibrated approach was on display last Monday, the first day of school in D.C.
    Biden visited Washington’s Eliot-Hine Middle School to mark the occasion, but he did not address book restrictions or the rights of transgender students, instead offering a traditional back-to-school message. The school, one of several Biden administration officials have visited in recent days, was selected in part because it broke with national trends last year when its students scored higher on a standardized test than they had before the pandemic.

continues.....

• mickeyrat said:
    seriously though. how are the democrats no messaging this correctly? the prevailing narrative is the economy is in the shitter. 

the democrats could lose because they absolutely cannot message. when you have several "news networks" pushing a false narrative, after some time it sinks in and becomes fact come election time.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."