#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    JB16057 said:
    I'm assuming one of our maga friends will come here and try to tell us Joe fell asleep at a ceremony in Maui and forcefully demand we denounce it or else we are all pieces of shit. Story is spreading in the right wing echsphere. Truth is, the guy nodded his head for a few seconds.

https://www.mediaite.com/biden/did-joe-biden-fall-asleep-during-maui-wild-fire-memorial-service-take-the-latest-political-rorschach-test/
    "The story is spreading in the right wing echosphere"

I haven't heard of this so it must be a right wing echosphere that only gets mentioned on a Pearl Jam forum.

I did see that when Joe went to speak in Maui, that he said he could relate to the fire because he knows what it's like to lose a home due to fire which is another total bullshit lie. 

"I don't want to compare difficulties, but we have a little sense, Jill and I, what it's like to lose a home." - Joe "Lyin" Biden

That's how out of touch Joe is. He believes that a small kitchen fire is similar to the most deadly US fire in the last 100 years. Of course he's going to nod off because he's old. I don't even care to look into that.

It is pretty pathetic that Joe doesn't get called out when he straight up lies trying to compare what he's gone through to something that is much bigger than his stupid little kitchen fire. 

You linked to a story on this fraudulent "news" site in another thread earlier today. The disingenuousness just oozes out of every one of your posts
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/22/nolte-watch-did-joe-biden-doze-off-during-maui-victim-ceremony/

www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Fuck Joe Biden! 

Joe Biden is a piece of shit and so are the people that voted for him.

so that includes these 138 poll participants board members then?  not so sure that complies with posting guidelines. I feel personally attacked.

How many times have Trump voters been called evil on this message board? How many times have all Republicans been called derogatory names?

Please explain the difference and leave your political bias out of the explanation. If I can't blanket call a group of people names, why can others? None of you call it out when it happens against Republicans but when I say something about people that voted for Biden, everyone is up in arms. 

This post is for everyone to answer, not just mickeyrat. 
    I’m not up in arms. There’s a difference between the two sides that you seem to fail to recognize. One side seems to hate anything woke, or not white, Christian nationalist (great people on both sides) and the other side has a very strong dislike of the haters. One side seems totally ok with an attempted overthrow of a national election. The other side believes that everyone’s vote should count and that more people should vote by more methods. One side wants to be about personal grievances and differences while the other side wants the debate to be about policy proposals and a true accounting of our history and the many contributors to it.

Which side are you on? I think I know but I do believe you stated that you’ll vote for POOTWH again which gives me a clue.
    "One side seems to hate anything not white?"

That's bullshit. There's no point in trying to have a reasonable conversation if you are going to throw out bullshit remarks like that one. 
    You’re right that’s bull crap, y’all hate Jews, and Muslims, and women, and gays, trans,……oh the list goes on and on…doesn’t it? 
    None of this is true. 
    then why is your party the party that is constantly passing laws that deliberately harm those marginalized people?

is it because you all hate them, or because you all are thugs that want to punish the marginalized?
    Linda said that I hate all of those people by saying "y'all". I didn't pass any laws. 

But you voted for the people that did pass those laws didn't you? Do I understand you to mean that you have no responsibility in what they do in your name, having put some of those people in office
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    JB16057 said:
    I'm assuming one of our maga friends will come here and try to tell us Joe fell asleep at a ceremony in Maui and forcefully demand we denounce it or else we are all pieces of shit. Story is spreading in the right wing echsphere. Truth is, the guy nodded his head for a few seconds.

https://www.mediaite.com/biden/did-joe-biden-fall-asleep-during-maui-wild-fire-memorial-service-take-the-latest-political-rorschach-test/

I haven't heard of this so it must be a right wing echosphere that only gets mentioned on a Pearl Jam forum.

I did see that when Joe went to speak in Maui, that he said he could relate to the fire because he knows what it's like to lose a home due to fire which is another total bullshit lie. 

"I don't want to compare difficulties, but we have a little sense, Jill and I, what it's like to lose a home." - Joe "Lyin" Biden

That's how out of touch Joe is. He believes that a small kitchen fire is similar to the most deadly US fire in the last 100 years. Of course he's going to nod off because he's old. I don't even care to look into that.

It is pretty pathetic that Joe doesn't get called out when he straight up lies trying to compare what he's gone through to something that is much bigger than his stupid little kitchen fire. 

You linked to a story on this fraudulent "news" site in another thread earlier today. The disingenuousness just oozes out of every one of your posts
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/22/nolte-watch-did-joe-biden-doze-off-during-maui-victim-ceremony/

And here is a drunk judge going off about it on Fox News' top rated show

www.myspace.com
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    JB16057 said:

And here is a drunk judge going off about it on Fox News' top rated show

It sounds like she has had so much plastic surgery that it has affected her mouth's ability to make words...Totally the very sane type of person one should get their political opinions from.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    If you vote for Trumpolinni you stand with him! And by association you are a deplorable that’s how I see it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    If you vote for Trumpolinni you stand with him! And by association you are a deplorable that’s how I see it! 
    The Buddhists will tell you that if you support evil in any way shape or form, including voting, or posting on a liberal rock band's fan forum, you are evil as well.
  • If you vote for Trumpolinni you stand with him! And by association you are a deplorable that’s how I see it! 
    The Buddhists will tell you that if you support evil in any way shape or form, including voting, or posting on a liberal rock band's fan forum, you are evil as well.
    the buddhists were not the ones that called us rotten brains? i thought it was them that coined that term. 
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Biden reminds me of GW in that after his term we were ready to get a President like Obama that sounded professional.  Even mentioning his kitchen fire when hundreds have died is a good example.  It is a gaffe and doesn't disqualify someone to be president, but it doesn't give me a lot of confidence that this is the guy really running the show.  

Just a statement.  Trump is an outlier President in my lifetime and not someone to compare future President's against.  
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,076
    Biden reminds me of GW in that after his term we were ready to get a President like Obama that sounded professional.  Even mentioning his kitchen fire when hundreds have died is a good example.  It is a gaffe and doesn't disqualify someone to be president, but it doesn't give me a lot of confidence that this is the guy really running the show.  

Just a statement.  Trump is an outlier President in my lifetime and not someone to compare future President's against.  
    I would tend to agree if trump was out of the picture, but he's currently the front runner for the GOP in '24. 

What are your plans if it comes down to him & Biden next year? 
    edited August 2023

I would tend to agree if trump was out of the picture, but he's currently the front runner for the GOP in '24. 

I'd vote for Biden as Trump is a criminal and the other Republicans are in Crazy Town.  I won't like it because I think the far left is off the rails too.   My vote has never mattered though so I don't really have to put much thought into it.  

I wrote in Kasich in 2016 as couldn't make myself vote for Hillary or Trump.  2020 I voted for Biden (I'm 95% certain I voted).     This election is scary because likely we could have Kamala have to take over as President for Biden and she is not ready for primetime either.   
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404

I agree.  It's time for Joe to retire.  He's had a great career.  I'd like Shapiro, Whitmer or Newsome to be the next. 

I think Vivek is a fraud.

I'd vote for Biden as Trump is a criminal and the other Republicans are in Crazy Town.  I won't like it because I think the far left is off the rails too.   My vote has never mattered though so I don't really have to put much thought into it.  
    I don't love BIden, and wish we had younger and better options.& I agree, the guy's embarrassing at times but yeah... if we end up with the same options we had in 2020, it's a no brainer. 

I will point out that Biden's not on the far left though... & while we're at it, t's also fair to say the far left doesn't have nearly as much influence over the democratic party as the far right does the republicans right now. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    mrussel1 said:

I agree.  It's time for Joe to retire.  He's had a great career.  I'd like Shapiro, Whitmer or Newsome to be the next. 

Agree but not sure those 3 could beat orange man at this point.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,687

I don't love BIden, and wish we had younger and better options.& I agree, the guy's embarrassing at times but yeah... if we end up with the same options we had in 2020, it's a no brainer. 

I will point out that Biden's not on the far left though... & while we're at it, t's also fair to say the far left doesn't have nearly as much influence over the democratic party as the far right does the republicans right now. 
    For sure.  Saying Biden is far left is like saying I'm a better guitar player than Mike McCready.  Trust me, it ain't so.  :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think either of those three would smoke Trump at this point.  Putting someone up that isn't an aging boomer is worth 2-4% of Independents right off the bat.  Plus the MI and PA governors are popular in their state, locking in key electoral votes.  
    edited August 2023
    brianlux said:

For sure.  Saying Biden is far left is like saying I'm a better guitar player than Mike McCready.  Trust me, it ain't so.  :lol:

Nobody can be better at your style of guitar.  I play too, and I'm sure in some of the billions of alternate universes our playing is preferred over Mike's.  

Agree that Biden hasn't been too aggressive with the far left policies.  Although, there have been a few things like student debt relief that don't seem right.  I would feel much better if the predatory lenders and predatory universities took that hit versus taxpayers.   Endowments too.  
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think either of those three would smoke Trump at this point.  Putting someone up that isn't an aging boomer is worth 2-4% of Independents right off the bat.  Plus the MI and PA governors are popular in their state, locking in key electoral votes.  
    Shapiro is sky rocketing towards the White House. I think he needs more than 7 months in as governor though. '28 is his time...hopefully there's another section of 95 that needs fixing towards the end of his term!
    www.myspace.com

Agree that Biden hasn't been too aggressive with the far left policies.  Although, there have been a few things like student debt relief that don't seem right.  I would feel much better if the predatory lenders and predatory universities took that hit versus taxpayers.   Endowments too.  
    The student loan thing is one policy that came to mind when I was typing that response... I agree with you there, and with your points about the lenders and universities. 
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Two questions- do you think Shapiro is ready and what do you think will happen if a Jew is in the Whitehouse?   
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Shapiro is sky rocketing towards the White House. I think he needs more than 7 months in as governor though. '28 is his time...hopefully there's another section of 95 that needs fixing towards the end of his term!
    So what do you think will happen if Shapiro ever wins the Whitehouse
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Judging by nothing other than first 7 months of governing my state, I think he'll do pretty well. He is definitely interesting in working across the aisle. I think his approval rating is around 60%, which is pretty crazy for 2023.
    www.myspace.com
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think our space laser technology will be next level. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    I just can’t believe in a country of approx 325 million people, our two choices could again be Biden and Trump.  There s got to be better candidates on each side.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,396
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just can’t believe in a country of approx 325 million people, our two choices could again be Biden and Trump.  There s got to be better candidates on each side.  
    There are but who in their right mind wants to be stripped naked, have everything you’ve ever said or written, picture, dirt, transaction, relationship, business dealings,etc. combed over and exposed, and then lied about AND deal with the conspiracies and AI generated BS that you’ll have to endure, not to mention the vast sums of money raised, $1B+, to be viable. 

Politics has always been unseemly but POOTWH and his cult have taken it to a whole other level. The money, thanks Citizens United, and slander under the guise of “free speech” is disgusting.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited August 2023
    brianlux said:

Nobody can be better at your style of guitar.  I play too, and I'm sure in some of the billions of alternate universes our playing is preferred over Mike's.  

Excellent point and no argument there!
    So in that case, let me try a better analogy:
    Saying Biden is far left is like saying I am 6' 2'' and 240 lbs.  Trust me, it ain't so.  :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    edited August 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Biden isn’t even young enough to be a Boomer. That’s how old our options are right now
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:

Biden isn’t even young enough to be a Boomer. That’s how old our options are right now

I don't understand why being 80 in of itself is automatically considered a liability.  Many people at that age do great things.  Some examples:

Buddy Guy, blues guitarist.  Buddy finished up his farewell tour this year at age 87 and still wowed crowds with his playing.

Wendell Berry, author, environmental activist, cultural critic.  Two years ago a friend of Mr. Berry's and highly regarded bookstore owner Ken Sanders told me, "Wendell Berry is one of if not the greatest living and working American author," and I agreed with him.  At that time, Mr. Berry was 87 years old (89 today and still writing.)

Sir Anthony Hopkins, actor, age 85.  Hopkins is still working and still highly regarded for his roles in recent years.

Ray Lux, now deceased, former moderator of the general assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA), and former Presbyterian Deacon.  In his early 90s, my father still served as a deacon for his church as was well respected for his contributions. 

Sure, not all elderly people are sharp as a tack, put I believe it's a mistake (and in some cases insulting) to automatically assume anyone over 80 years old is incompetent.