Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,031
    you left out the Admin's side:

Administration lawyers said the government left it up to social media companies to decide what constituted misinformation and how to combat it. In one brief, they likened the lawsuit to an attempt to put a legal gag order on the federal government and “suppress the speech of federal government officials under the guise of protecting the speech rights of others.”

“Plaintiffs’ proposed injunction would significantly hinder the Federal Government’s ability to combat foreign malign influence campaigns, prosecute crimes, protect the national security, and provide accurate information to the public on matters of grave public concern such as health care and election integrity,” the administration says in a May 3 court filing.

I think "dystopian" and "Orwellian" are so far overused nowadays they have lost all meaning. It's just more fear mongering. 

Trump tried to get Disney to censor a late night comedian's jokes. I don't recall you ever mentioning how disturbing that was. 

I know you jump all over people who mention Trump in this thread. But it is relevant, in that I didn't see you complain about the far worse things Trump did over 4 years that you are now accusing Biden of doing. Consistency matters.  

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

Administration lawyers said the government left it up to social media companies to decide what constituted misinformation and how to combat it. In one brief, they likened the lawsuit to an attempt to put a legal gag order on the federal government and “suppress the speech of federal government officials under the guise of protecting the speech rights of others.”

“Plaintiffs’ proposed injunction would significantly hinder the Federal Government’s ability to combat foreign malign influence campaigns, prosecute crimes, protect the national security, and provide accurate information to the public on matters of grave public concern such as health care and election integrity,” the administration says in a May 3 court filing.

I think "dystopian" and "Orwellian" are so far overused nowadays they have lost all meaning. It's just more fear mongering. 

Trump tried to get Disney to censor a late night comedian's jokes. I don't recall you ever mentioning how disturbing that was. 

I know you jump all over people who mention Trump in this thread. But it is relevant, in that I didn't see you complain about the far worse things Trump did over 4 years that you are now accusing Biden of doing. Consistency matters.  

We are in the present, not the past. Did a judge rule against Trump for trying to get Disney to censor a late night comedian's jokes? That's what I thought....  That's why I'm bringing up Biden because this is happening right now. Do two wrongs make a right? Should we allow Biden to do this since Trump did something? 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,768
    JB16057 said:

We are in the present, not the past. Did a judge rule against Trump for trying to get Disney to censor a late night comedian's jokes? That's what I thought....  That's why I'm bringing up Biden because this is happening right now. Do two wrongs make a right? Should we allow Biden to do this since Trump did something? 
    It's an injunction.  It's not over.  

Either way, I support the government's position on this one, namely making requests of social media companies (not mandating).  There should be some guidelines, but to flat out prohibit, as this activist judge as done with his injunction, is a violation of the separation of powers.  Congress did not provide such a constraint in the Patriot Act nor did the Executive Branch do so in its powers.  So the Judicial Branch, in this case, is exceeding its authority.  

You don't think this injunction violates Article I?
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited July 2023
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    Not a lot of rhyme or reason in here this weekend...

Gotta laugh though. Their guy is literally facing years in federal prison, yet they're mad upset over weird conspiracy theories yet again. 
    It's how they keep their delusions afloat.  In a word: denial.

Gotta laugh though. Their guy is literally facing years in federal prison, yet they're mad upset over weird conspiracy theories yet again. 
    Or that the unemployment rate, jobs report, decline in inflation, increase in wages, increase in manufacturing jobs, a major bridge on 95 around Philly being replaced in 2 weeks, Ukraine holding its own and strengthened US international alliances is “shit” and all they have to throw out there as an insult is BLM. But yea, Hunter’s laptop and cocaine.
    Or that all these positives you mentioned are somehow a delayed reaction to all the wonderful and wide actions 45 supposedly set into motion. 
    But wait, strike that, don't I don't want to give anyone ideas that might further support their delusions.

Seriously red state dudes, how do you not embrace the good, positive attributes happening recently in this country.  Get on board- you will be happier and healthier!  Throw your hatred down, throw your anger down!

just think how much faster some of this post covid recovery would have gone had republicans spent their effort getting on board and doing what is best for the country rather than trying to undermine the progress at every turn.
    You mean do the jab & do what we are supposed to do because our masters tell us to?
    Wow, PJ & fans used to be so against corporate greed, and fatcats feeding off the the masses for personal wealth.  Remember Riot Act era?  Green Disease, and before that Not For You?
    Check out Nancy  Palosi's trading history,  and her net worth, when she gained most of her fortune & the time period, through insider trading. And many more in the uniparty ballooned wealths from
    Pfizer corporation, Maderna, Johnson and Johnson & so on.  It's just amazing how 20 years ago pj and most of the fan base were against such a thing, and now are totally cool with it. Oh well.
    i've been a healthcare provider for 20+ years before i went into industry just before covid. i believe in science. i took the jab because i believe in science and it was the right thing to do for humanity. there is literally nothing you can say to me that will change my mind on vaccines, so save yourself the time.

it has nothing to do with pearl jam or corporate masters. i am not a selfish prick, so i took the jab to not spread anything i may catch to people who are more vulnerable to the virus than myself. i will not be reading any reply you type to me on this matter.

but go ahead, shine the very powerful light and drink the bleach and take the horse dewormer. your body, your choice, right? best of luck.
    You just assume everything about people you don't know at alI, I took the Maderna as soon as it was available to me, April & May 2021, way before they started pushing really hard and threatening livelihoods for everyone to get it.  I'm not a fan of Trump, I thought that project Warpspeed Was reckless. Most vaccines take at least a decade or more to approve.  Trump cut all the red tape and lengthy trials, made sure the drug companies couldn't get sued if they didn't work, or cause vaccine injuries. These took nine months to approve. There's this assumption here that anyone who has an alternating opinion is a right wing extremist.  I'm not right wing i'm not left wing. My wife's been a nurse at a nursing home for 20 years, she had to take the jab to keep her job.  Wore excessive PPE for almost 2 years. Drink bleach and take horse pills 💊 come on.
    And Halifax2TheMax I commend you for your diligence and steadfastness to just keep slamming anyone who doesn't walk lock and step with your positions.   "Enjoy your cult"  man you categorize everyone in little boxes with no wiggle room. 
    Mabey we do agree on some things? but we'll never find out, because it's so much fun to toss people into the wood chipper.  Gobye!!  Enjoy the cult.
    Cool with sex predators?  Wtf?  How do you have conversations with anyone.   But I think it's awesome, you are relentless and I admire your dedication and ability to just keep up the verbal fighting & horse collar tackles and make sure to throw down!!
    So tell us, who’s your “master?” And it’s true, I don’t have the patience, nor respect for racists, misogynists, sexists and folks who are in a cult wishing and hoping for a white nationalist to make ‘Murica great again or make ‘Murica like Glo Rida(credit to mickeyrat). Throw in their denial of science and blind trust to religion, despite the seemingly high percentage of child sexual abusers they tend to ignore, and if even if we have something in common, I’m not interested. Try arguing with reason rather than conspiracy theories. But if you’re still up for those other things, never mind.
    Wow, one of these days you're going to jump out of my phone and start beating me over the head with a meat tenderizer.  Not my master, the want to be masters in the government & media who want to control every aspect of your life, from what to eat and when and how to mow your lawn, and what to put in your system.  All your labels are baseless. 
    If we had something in common,  your not interested.  That hurts my feelings. When you toss words like hatred around, I don't recall being rude to you.  And you don't know what you're talking about. 
    Throw your hatred down man!

https://youtu.be/Hfn15K7nnRg

Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

If consistency matters, why aren't any of you bringing this news story forward? Why does consistency only matter for you but not for me?
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

If consistency matters, why aren't any of you bringing this news story forward? Why does consistency only matter for you but not for me?
    I criticize democrats where warranted. As do most others here. I criticize actions, not political parties. if Biden acted like trump, you bet we'd be calling it out. the reality is, it's not even CLOSE. Is that a great bar to judge? Not really, cuz Trump was so fucking awful, anyone looks good next to him. So I try to look through an objective lens. I don't always pass, as I am human. But I try.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,283
    edited July 2023
    JB16057 said:

ahem. biden executive branch thread. july 5. last post there.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    https://www.axios.com/2023/07/10/biden-temper-us-president

Old yeller: Biden's private fury

Photo illustration of an angry-looking President Biden wearing sunglasses reflecting flames

Photo illustration: Sarah Grillo/Axios. Photo: Leon Neal/Getty Images

In public, President Biden likes to whisper to make a point. In private, he's prone to yelling.

• Behind closed doors, Biden has such a quick-trigger temper that some aides try to avoid meeting alone with him. Some take a colleague, almost as a shield against a solo blast.
    • The president's admonitions include: "God dammit, how the f**k don't you know this?!," "Don't f**king bullsh*t me!" and "Get the f**k out of here!" — according to current and former Biden aides who have witnessed and been on the receiving end of such outbursts.

Why it matters: The private eruptions paint a more complicated picture of Biden as a manager and president than his carefully cultivated image as a kindly uncle who loves Aviator sunglasses and ice cream.

• Some Biden aides think the president would be better off occasionally displaying his temper in public as a way to assuage voter concerns that the 80-year-old president is disengaged and too old for the office.

Zoom in: Senior and lower-level aides alike can be in Biden's line of fire. "No one is safe," said one administration official.

• Biden aides still talk about how angry he got at Jeff Zients, then the administration's "COVID czar," in late 2021 when there was a shortage of testing kits as the Omicron variant spread. (The rage was temporary. Zients is now Biden's chief of staff.)
    • A spokesperson for Zients told Axios: "I'm not going to speak to what internal convos may or may not have happened between Jeff and the president."
    • The White House declined to comment.

"There's no question that the Biden temper is for real. It may not be as volcanic as Bill Clinton’s, but it's definitely there," said Chris Whipple, author of "The Fight of His Life: Inside Joe Biden’s White House."

• Whipple's book quotes former White House press secretary Jen Psaki as saying: "I said to [Biden] multiple times, 'I'll know we have a really good, trusting relationship when you yell at me the first time.'"
    • Whipple notes: "Psaki wouldn't have to wait long."

Zoom out: Biden's temper comes in the form of angry interrogations rather than erratic tantrums.

• He'll grill aides on topics until it's clear they don’t know the answer to a question — a routine that some see as meticulous and others call "stump the chump" or "stump the dummy."
    • Being yelled at by the president has become an internal initiation ceremony in this White House, aides say — if Biden doesn't yell at you, it could be a sign he doesn't respect you.

Ted Kaufman, Biden's longtime chief of staff when the future president represented Delaware in the Senate, told Axios that Biden's process is policy-driven, and has made him a strong executive.

• "If there is something that's not in the brief, he's going to find it," he said. "It's not to embarrass people, it's because he wants to get to the right decision. Most people who have worked for him like the fact that he challenges them and gets them to a better decision."

Some Biden aides argue that the president's rages reflect his high expectations for his staff.

• "Speaking Biden" is a particular skill, they said. It can take years to learn to navigate his moodiness, and anticipate what information he's going to ask for in a briefing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    • Some Biden aides think the president would be better off occasionally displaying his temper in public as a way to assuage voter concerns that the 80-year-old president is disengaged and too old for the office.
    doubtful it would assuage anything. they'd just turn it into "angry old dementia joe, screaming at the clouds"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,261
    doubtful it would assuage anything. they'd just turn it into "angry old dementia joe, screaming at the clouds"
    biden is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. those that hate him always will, and those of us that think he is alright will never think he is the greatest.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,931
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:

Or that the unemployment rate, jobs report, decline in inflation, increase in wages, increase in manufacturing jobs, a major bridge on 95 around Philly being replaced in 2 weeks, Ukraine holding its own and strengthened US international alliances is “shit” and all they have to throw out there as an insult is BLM. But yea, Hunter’s laptop and cocaine.
    Or that all these positives you mentioned are somehow a delayed reaction to all the wonderful and wide actions 45 supposedly set into motion. 
    But wait, strike that, don't I don't want to give anyone ideas that might further support their delusions.

Seriously red state dudes, how do you not embrace the good, positive attributes happening recently in this country.  Get on board- you will be happier and healthier!  Throw your hatred down, throw your anger down!

just think how much faster some of this post covid recovery would have gone had republicans spent their effort getting on board and doing what is best for the country rather than trying to undermine the progress at every turn.
    You mean do the jab & do what we are supposed to do because our masters tell us to?
    Wow, PJ & fans used to be so against corporate greed, and fatcats feeding off the the masses for personal wealth.  Remember Riot Act era?  Green Disease, and before that Not For You?
    Check out Nancy  Palosi's trading history,  and her net worth, when she gained most of her fortune & the time period, through insider trading. And many more in the uniparty ballooned wealths from
    Pfizer corporation, Maderna, Johnson and Johnson & so on.  It's just amazing how 20 years ago pj and most of the fan base were against such a thing, and now are totally cool with it. Oh well.
    i've been a healthcare provider for 20+ years before i went into industry just before covid. i believe in science. i took the jab because i believe in science and it was the right thing to do for humanity. there is literally nothing you can say to me that will change my mind on vaccines, so save yourself the time.

it has nothing to do with pearl jam or corporate masters. i am not a selfish prick, so i took the jab to not spread anything i may catch to people who are more vulnerable to the virus than myself. i will not be reading any reply you type to me on this matter.

but go ahead, shine the very powerful light and drink the bleach and take the horse dewormer. your body, your choice, right? best of luck.
    You just assume everything about people you don't know at alI, I took the Maderna as soon as it was available to me, April & May 2021, way before they started pushing really hard and threatening livelihoods for everyone to get it.  I'm not a fan of Trump, I thought that project Warpspeed Was reckless. Most vaccines take at least a decade or more to approve.  Trump cut all the red tape and lengthy trials, made sure the drug companies couldn't get sued if they didn't work, or cause vaccine injuries. These took nine months to approve. There's this assumption here that anyone who has an alternating opinion is a right wing extremist.  I'm not right wing i'm not left wing. My wife's been a nurse at a nursing home for 20 years, she had to take the jab to keep her job.  Wore excessive PPE for almost 2 years. Drink bleach and take horse pills 💊 come on.
    And Halifax2TheMax I commend you for your diligence and steadfastness to just keep slamming anyone who doesn't walk lock and step with your positions.   "Enjoy your cult"  man you categorize everyone in little boxes with no wiggle room. 
    Mabey we do agree on some things? but we'll never find out, because it's so much fun to toss people into the wood chipper.  Gobye!!  Enjoy the cult.
    Cool with sex predators?  Wtf?  How do you have conversations with anyone.   But I think it's awesome, you are relentless and I admire your dedication and ability to just keep up the verbal fighting & horse collar tackles and make sure to throw down!!
    So tell us, who’s your “master?” And it’s true, I don’t have the patience, nor respect for racists, misogynists, sexists and folks who are in a cult wishing and hoping for a white nationalist to make ‘Murica great again or make ‘Murica like Glo Rida(credit to mickeyrat). Throw in their denial of science and blind trust to religion, despite the seemingly high percentage of child sexual abusers they tend to ignore, and if even if we have something in common, I’m not interested. Try arguing with reason rather than conspiracy theories. But if you’re still up for those other things, never mind.
    Wow, one of these days you're going to jump out of my phone and start beating me over the head with a meat tenderizer.  Not my master, the want to be masters in the government & media who want to control every aspect of your life, from what to eat and when and how to mow your lawn, and what to put in your system.  All your labels are baseless. 
    If we had something in common,  your not interested.  That hurts my feelings. When you toss words like hatred around, I don't recall being rude to you.  And you don't know what you're talking about. 

You used the word “master” in your first paragraph, talk about labels. Please highlight the word “hate” that you alleged I used or expressed. I’m sure your feelings are shattered. Just another attempt by your “masters” to control you. I don’t believe I was rude to you but I believe that I do know most of what I post. Please, digress.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:

You used the word “master” in your first paragraph, talk about labels. Please highlight the word “hate” that you alleged I used or expressed. I’m sure your feelings are shattered. Just another attempt by your “masters” to control you. I don’t believe I was rude to you but I believe that I do know most of what I post. Please, digress.
    Suggesting that I am all of this, when you don't know me at all, is very hateful, and extremely rude, and arrogant.
    "And it’s true, I don’t have the patience, nor respect for racists, misogynists, sexists and folks who are in a cult wishing and hoping for a white nationalist to make ‘Murica great again or make ‘Murica like Glo Rida(credit to mickeyrat). Throw in their denial of science and blind trust to religion, despite the seemingly high percentage of child sexual abusers they tend to ignore,"  

"and if even if we have something in common, I’m not interested"  Why?  
     I subscribe to none of what you mentioned above, I have no patience for that shit either.  So the irony is we do agree on some things.  And there's other areas we agree on too, but you don't give a damn.  It's more fun for you to dismiss and tell me to jump in the lake.  I just don't get it.  I don't like Republicans or Democrats.  I voted for Ralph Nader back then, I didn't like Bush or Al Gore, or Bush vs John Kerry.  But you don't care about that.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:

Suggesting that I am all of this, when you don't know me at all, is very hateful, and extremely rude, and arrogant.
    "And it’s true, I don’t have the patience, nor respect for racists, misogynists, sexists and folks who are in a cult wishing and hoping for a white nationalist to make ‘Murica great again or make ‘Murica like Glo Rida(credit to mickeyrat). Throw in their denial of science and blind trust to religion, despite the seemingly high percentage of child sexual abusers they tend to ignore,"  

"and if even if we have something in common, I’m not interested"  Why?   I subscribe to none of what you mentioned above, I have no patience for that shit either.  So the irony is we do agree on some things.  And there's other areas we agree on too, but you don't give a damn.  It's more fun for you to dismiss and tell me to jump in the lake.  I just don't get it.  I don't like Republicans or Democrats.  I voted for Ralph Nader back then, I didn't like Bush or Al Gore, or Bush vs John Kerry.  But you don't care about that.
    You voted and enthusiastically supported Trump, though, right Ryme?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:

You lost me at, “our masters.”
    This is what precipitated the screed, you lost me at, “our masters.”

Why did you take my subsequent posts so personally? Is it because I said I hated you, I didn’t, or because you believe some of those things that I expressed a lack of tolerance for and am not not interested in knowing?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:

"and if even if we have something in common, I’m not interested"  Why?   I subscribe to none of what you mentioned above, I have no patience for that shit either.  So the irony is we do agree on some things.  And there's other areas we agree on too, but you don't give a damn.  It's more fun for you to dismiss and tell me to jump in the lake.  I just don't get it.  I don't like Republicans or Democrats.  I voted for Ralph Nader back then, I didn't like Bush or Al Gore, or Bush vs John Kerry.  But you don't care about that.
    Yes I did but NOT enthustically, I had to hold my nose. 
    Couldn't stand Hillary. 
    I don't like Trump's personality. 
    I did like his energy policies, forign policies,  and deregulation so businesses could function.  Other than that, I'm not a fan!!  That's why it's so unfair to judge people based on these posts.( No way to get the whole picture of someone.  Im not an idiot. 
    Was not a fan of his lousy constant tweets and inflammatory statements.   He stepped on his you know what ever day.  He must have eaten a lot of baked beans every day. Because he sure stunk it up a lot.
    I never liked the way he talked or walks.
    I wish he wouldn't be running this time.  You should be happy that he is leading in all the Republican primary polls, because he will probably get the nod in the republican primary and will almost certainly lose in the general. That's how he got it last time, crowded primary field where you only need 25% to win and advance. Right now he has 30% diehards that are gonna bleep it up because I don't think he can win no matter who the dema put up.  I don't vote 3rd party or green party anymore,  because I learned back in the Ralph Nader years,  it's never going to happen and ushered Bush in both times.

Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,439
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I love when you do this.  You are the epitome of walk softly and carry a big stick.  
    This actually did nothing and completely ignored the whole conversation my spamming something pointless.

I’m just saying the news story with Trump posting Obamas address doesn’t add up to me.

All the headlines want to imply Trump posted the address to condone violence against them. But reading the actual story it doesn’t seem like he even posted the correct address, and gives no indication what the motive actually was. Could have asking how he affords such a big house and non violent at all. But so many just see the headline and are more than happy to jump to the conclusion that Trump was  people over to attack Obama.

A good response would be to show me the actually post that I said I couple find. That would prove me wrong if I am, not spamming useless headlines. But since he can’t, makes me believe I’m right even more.

correct address or not, he made the attempt. the dude arrested reposted that "truth" then attempted action.

THAT is the fucking point. the assertion it dont add up means exactly SHIT in the real world.

but troll on.
    Hey mace he’s correct.  That was the point of the posts.  I don’t think any of us really give a shit or doubt what trump did or didn’t do….it was about saying the whole thing didn’t happen.  Maybe you missed something idk just saying 
  • Options
    And if you believe this, you just might be in a cult:

Yes it is awsome that the democrat mafia gangster crime family & co. live and work at the White House!!  That's fantastic!!  Iove it. 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:

Couldn't stand Hillary. 
    I did like his energy policies, forign policies,  and deregulation so businesses could function.  Other than that, I'm not a fan!!  That's why it's so unfair to judge people based on these posts.( No way to get the whole picture of someone.  Im not an idiot. 
    Was not a fan of his lousy constant tweets and inflammatory statements.   He stepped on his you know what ever day.  He must have eaten a lot of baked beans every day. Because he sure stunk it up a lot.
    I wish he wouldn't be running this time.  You should be happy that he is leading in all the Republican primary polls, because he will probably get the nod in the republican primary and will almost certainly lose in the general. That's how he got it last time, crowded primary field where you only need 25% to win and advance. Right now he has 30% diehards that are gonna bleep it up because I don't think he can win no matter who the dema put up.  I don't vote 3rd party or green party anymore,  because I learned back in the Ralph Nader years,  it's never going to happen and ushered Bush in both times.

I think you're a good guy Ryme but I'm pretty sure we had some pretty rigorous debates about him over the years where you defended Trump vociferously, no? But, regardless, it sounds like you know the kind of man that he is. Now you see he has been indicted twice with likely a third and fourth coming down the pike. It just seems a tad disingenuous to me to spend your time here on blabbering on about Biden conspiracy theories when you have actual solid proof that Trump stole top secret government documents (please ask yourself why). There's solid proof that he broke campaign finance laws. He attempted to subvert the will of the American people. There's so many reasons that man should not be allowed to sniff the White House again. I think your energy would be better spent towards railing against that as opposed to what's been bantered about the last few days in here. If he somehow gets elected again, it very likely means the end of democracy as we know it.....to me, literally nothing else comes close to mattering until we extinguish that fire. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:

Couldn't stand Hillary. 

I think the real question is will you vote for trump again?  
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Yes it is awsome that the democrat mafia gangster crime family & co. live and work at the White House!!  That's fantastic!!  Iove it. 
    I was being facetious to the other dude who said it was awesome that they found coke in the White House. , wake up Halifax!!  You obviously have no sense of humor at all and no compas!!
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:

Couldn't stand Hillary. 

NO!!  I WON'T 
    ALRIGHT.
    IN 2016 WE HAD THE CHOICE BETWEEN HILLARY  AND TRUMP.
    AND I SAW IT THIS WAY.
    You're in a room, There were two sets of stairs, one going up to door number one, the second going up to door number two.
    Behind door #1 one was someone standing in there who is going to chop your dominant arm off at the elbow,  that was Hillary's door #1
    Behind door 2
    A person had a big plate piled high with dog shit that you'd have to eat all of, that was Trump's door #2.
    I chose eating the dog shit over chopping the arm off okay?  You can barf up the dog shit and live another day, but you can't grow back your arm.
    That is how I felt at the time.  I supported Trump's energy policy, foreign policy, and Deregulatory policies and that is where the buck stopped!  Other than that I didn't like him. 
    Lefties need to develop a sense of humor!!
    With a Can a beer, or a glass of bourbon in my hand, I manage. 🙃
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:

I was being facetious to the other dude who said it was awesome that they found coke in the White House. , wake up Halifax!!  You obviously have no sense of humor at all and no compas!!
    No sense of humour, you say? My compass is just fine. You may want to check yours. And sure you were, sure.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:

Couldn't stand Hillary. 

NO!!  I WON'T 
    ALRIGHT.
    AND I SAW IT THIS WAY.
    You're in a room, There were two sets of stairs, one going up to door number one, the second going up to door number two.
    Behind door #1 one was someone standing in there who is going to chop your dominant arm off at the elbow,  that was Hillary's door #1
    Behind door 2
    A person had a big plate piled high with dog shit that you'd have to eat all of, that was Trump's door #2.
    I chose eating the dog shit over chopping the arm off okay?  You can barf up the dog shit and live another day, but you can't grow back your arm.
    That is how I felt at the time.  I supported Trump's energy policy, foreign policy, and Deregulatory policies and that is where the buck stopped!  Other than that I didn't like him. 
    No need to shout.  I almost voted for trump because Hillary is weak.  Then trump opened his mouth and that was enough for me.  Weak or not, as a woman I was not voting for trump.  What kind of woman/women votes(d) for trump?  Maybe women who really want to be men?  

I have a sense of humor but it usually doesn’t include discussions/jokes about eating dog shit.  I would rather wear a prosthetic.  
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • Options
    RYME said:

No sense of humour, you say? My compass is just fine. You may want to check yours. And sure you were, sure.
    So you chose the arm chopped off at the elbow. 
    Fair enough.   I respect you're decision.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,283
    now begs the question, did you stay the course in 2020?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:

Couldn't stand Hillary. 

NO!!  I WON'T 
    ALRIGHT.
    AND I SAW IT THIS WAY.
    Behind door 2
    No need to shout.  I almost voted for trump because Hillary is weak.  Then trump opened his mouth and that was enough for me.  Weak or not, as a woman I was not voting for trump.  What kind of woman/women votes(d) for trump?  Maybe women who really want to be men?  

I have a sense of humor but it usually doesn’t include discussions/jokes about eating dog shit.  I would rather wear a prosthetic.  
    You chose wisely. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Insert whatever metaphor you want. Making fun of your self is fun and very liberating. 
     I make fun of myself all the time. You should do the same. 
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Yes, some of us knew what an incompetent boob POS POOTWH was and is. We’re lucky we survived those four years.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I don’t necessarily judge anyone for voting Trump in 16 (even though I had to take a sick day Nov 9/16 I was so disgusted). I understand the “give him a shot” mentality, even knowing what a horrendous human he is. Not many believed he’d be as awful as he was. 

I judge, with prejudice, those that voted for him in 20. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited July 2023
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Yes, some of us knew what an incompetent boob POS POOTWH was and is. We’re lucky we survived those four years.
    Wel,  I'm listening to The Why Store right now,  bet you've never heard of them.  They're an Indi band from Indiana, Check'hem out!! It's all good,  🍻  good evening. 
    No i did not vote for Trump in 2020.  Was disgusted and sat it out. Y'all think I'm right wing.
    Your damn wrong about me.  I supported 3 things that Trump did and that's where it ended. 
    Y'all think I'm racist?
    My best friend where I work,  is black, his name is Willie,  and he knows I'd jump in front of a train for him if need be.  And my wife is from Lithuania. 
    I never heard those words About homophobe and xenophobia and the rest before Hillary's Basket of deplorable's rant that actually cost her the election after months of election analysis.
    I don't live like that and never will so bleep off you judgementaliats who think they know people through disjointed computer conversations. 
    Post edited by RYME on