Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,031
    edited July 2023
    You supported his: 

energy policy: which was to bring back the unfettered overuse of fossil fuels. 

Foreign policy: banning travel from certsin countries his supporters were afraid of (racists) and removing the he US from all global entities that mist view as benefitting the globe but conservatives view as some globalist cabal

deregulation policies that potentially allowed businesses and industries to run amok and destroy the middle class and the environment. 

That, my friend, makes you right wing. 

And correct me if I’m wrong: are you not anti- choice? 

That, is the quad-fecta of right wing-anism. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited July 2023
    You supported his: 

Foreign policy: banning travel from certsin countries his supporters were afraid of (racists) and removing the he US from all global entities that mist view as benefitting the globe but conservatives view as some globalist cabal

deregulation policies that potentially allowed businesses and industries to run amok and destroy the middle class and the environment. 

But that is just wrong.
    How do you heat your home up there, I live in Wisconsin and I'm sure your winters are worse than ours.  How do you get around?  How do you think goods get produced and transported to where you can go and buy them?  What do you think the glass on your phone is made of?   Where do you think plastics thst have many uses that we all benefit from every day.  I drive a semi truck 550 miles/day hauling raw materials to where beer bottles are made 26 tons at a time.   This is one plant, they take 12 loads of sand/day, 6 loads of soda ash from Wyoming/ day, 4 loads of lime, and 1 load of slag from Gary Indiana  365 days/year.  Do you like beer?  There is a ton of work that allows you to drink ot out of an aluminum can or a glass bottle. So from the glass plant, they get hauled to the breweries, can you imagine all the ingredients That's hauled to the brewery to make the beer, and then distributed finished product around the country & the world. That's just one commodity.   How do you expect everything else to get done without reliable energy?  When the hurricanes tore up South Florida, last year did they send down a bunch of electric vehicles to clean it up? Or wind turbines, or solar panels?  Just be realistic.  Unless you want us all to go back to hunting and gathering? Dont travel anywhere to see your favorite bands.
    Those fires from up there covered the Midwest & down to the Carolinas,  and much of the east coast for weeks with heavy smoke.  They canceled a lot of events.   We didn't see the sun for a few weeks and it wasn't cloud cover.  Some of that smoke went across the pond to Western europe.  It's not right wing its reality. Mother Nature is a bigger than all of us.  But we still need to eat and live and function. 
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,931
    RYME said:
    You supported his: 

But that is just wrong.
    Please point us to what you think is right, as it relates to border policy, deregulation, foreign and energy policies? I mean, you have a forum so pray do tell what you liked about POOTWH’s policies as they relate to those 4 areas of governance. Or should I say a choice between eating dog shit, which you can vomit up, or removing an arm at the elbow but not grow back?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    RYME said:
    You supported his: 

But that is just wrong.
    Please point us to what you think is right, as it relates to border policy, deregulation, foreign and energy policies? I mean, you have a forum so pray do tell what you liked about POOTWH’s policies as they relate to those 4 areas of governance. Or should I say a choice between eating dog shit, which you can vomit up, or removing an arm at the elbow but not grow back?
    It's funny you're definitions of right/ or left wing, with no middle, no cenrer right or center left.  Its eithe all or nothing i guess I don't see it that way.
    It's also funny how this went from the President Joe Biden thread to Ryme thread, 🤣
    Eat dog shit or chop off arm, that was the choice in 2016. 'nough said.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,283
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    You supported his: 

But that is just wrong.
    It's funny you're definitions of right/ or left wing, with no middle, no cenrer right or center left.  Its eithe all or nothing i guess I don't see it that way.
    It's also funny how this went from the President Joe Biden thread to Ryme thread, 🤣

2020?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    For the record, Hillary was absolutely correct with the Basket of Deplorables quote. We see countless examples of it every single day 7 years later.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,418
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    And if you believe this, you just might be in a cult:

Yes it is awsome that the democrat mafia gangster crime family & co. live and work at the White House!!  That's fantastic!!  Iove it. 
    I was being facetious to the other dude who said it was awesome that they found coke in the White House. , wake up Halifax!!  You obviously have no sense of humor at all and no compas!!
    No sense of humour, you say? My compass is just fine. You may want to check yours. And sure you were, sure.
    So you chose the arm chopped off at the elbow. 
    Fair enough.   I respect you're decision.
    Yes, some of us knew what an incompetent boob POS POOTWH was and is. We’re lucky we survived those four years.
    Wel,  I'm listening to The Why Store right now,  bet you've never heard of them.  They're an Indi band from Indiana, Check'hem out!! It's all good,  🍻  good evening. 
    No i did not vote for Trump in 2020.  Was disgusted and sat it out. Y'all think I'm right wing.
    Your damn wrong about me.  I supported 3 things that Trump did and that's where it ended. 
    Y'all think I'm racist?
    My best friend where I work,  is black, his name is Willie,  and he knows I'd jump in front of a train for him if need be.  And my wife is from Lithuania. 
    I never heard those words About homophobe and xenophobia and the rest before Hillary's Basket of deplorable's rant that actually cost her the election after months of election analysis.
    I don't live like that and never will so bleep off you judgementaliats who think they know people through disjointed computer conversations. 
    But he also bragged about groping women without their consent! That was the line I refused to cross to vote for him plus he denigrated Hispanics with his remarks about Mexican immigrants! Being a husband a father and uncle to women I’d never ever vote for a human like that! I too chose chopping my arm off and would do it again.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,439
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Yes it is awsome that the democrat mafia gangster crime family & co. live and work at the White House!!  That's fantastic!!  Iove it. 
    I was being facetious to the other dude who said it was awesome that they found coke in the White House. , wake up Halifax!!  You obviously have no sense of humor at all and no compas!!
    No sense of humour, you say? My compass is just fine. You may want to check yours. And sure you were, sure.
    Yes, some of us knew what an incompetent boob POS POOTWH was and is. We’re lucky we survived those four years.
    Wel,  I'm listening to The Why Store right now,  bet you've never heard of them.  They're an Indi band from Indiana, Check'hem out!! It's all good,  🍻  good evening. 
    No i did not vote for Trump in 2020.  Was disgusted and sat it out. Y'all think I'm right wing.
    Your damn wrong about me.  I supported 3 things that Trump did and that's where it ended. 
    Y'all think I'm racist?
    My best friend where I work,  is black, his name is Willie,  and he knows I'd jump in front of a train for him if need be.  And my wife is from Lithuania. 
    I never heard those words About homophobe and xenophobia and the rest before Hillary's Basket of deplorable's rant that actually cost her the election after months of election analysis.
    I don't live like that and never will so bleep off you judgementaliats who think they know people through disjointed computer conversations. 
    “Y'all think I'm racist?
    My best friend where I work,  is black, his name is Willie”

only deplorable racists say shit like this. one black friend doesn’t mean a person isn’t racist. 
    Ever notice the black proud boys?  Does your “black friend” from work know that’s how you announce your friendship/loyalty to him.  Ask him how he feels about that.  Not voting is racist.  If you’re not against it then you’re for it.  Doing nothing is just that, nothing!  And trumps wife is also from another country but that means absolutely nothing to prevent his immigration rants/prejudice/hatred/false accusations and “failed” wall.  

Non racists just have friends, no need for the color explanation.  Racists just don’t get it.  

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    You supported his: 

But that is just wrong.

2020?
    I can't describe the 2020 choice we had, but this guy can describe it really well. 
    https://youtu.be/xRboRqrSYIY
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,627
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Y'all think I'm racist?
    He campaigned on building a wall along our southern border and banning Muslims. 
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Y'all think I'm racist?
    dude, I seriously doubt you are racist, but just an FYI, "I have a black friend" is the stereotypical response of a person who is. I'd caution against using that as your "I can't be racist" defense. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    edited July 2023
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Y'all think I'm racist?
    dude, I seriously doubt you are racist, but just an FYI, "I have a black friend" is the stereotypical response of a person who is. I'd caution against using that as your "I can't be racist" defense. 
    Reminds me of the racist joke that I used to hear all the time growing up in Darke County, OH.

"I don't have anything against black people, I think everyone should have one"

And I'm not saying that Ryme is racist. That comment just reminded me of the "joke"
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,768
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Y'all think I'm racist?
    Reminds me of the racist joke that I used to hear all the time growing up in Darke County, OH.

"I don't have anything against black people, I think everyone should have one"

And I'm not saying that Ryme is racist. That comment just reminded me of the "joke"
    Reminded me of Stephen Colbert and his black friend. 

• Options
    RYME said:
    mickeyrat said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    You supported his: 

But that is just wrong.

2020?
    I can't describe the 2020 choice we had, but this guy can describe it really well. 
    https://youtu.be/xRboRqrSYIY

you voted for one candidate or you didnt vote. I didnt ask you to describe the choice. who did you choose. period. who.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Y'all think I'm racist?
    I have many friends that are of color, local and abroad, ok,  I just highlighted one of them, because of all those isms, phobias, & generalizations that are tossed around that I have nothing to do with. 
    Im not savy enough to know the Stereotypical phrases, I guess, and if I didn't know that,  I guess it doesn't mean anything.  I have not read the handbook on this.
    And to answer the other guy about Trump, build a wall & banning Muslims,,
    There is no such thing as a political candidate that I agree with 100% of the time on everything.  How can anyone agree 100% on everything?  I try to go
    60% - 40% on the issues,  but it's difficult to even do that.  Mabey there is 4 this I like about a guy and dislike the rest.
    I don't know. 

• Options
    option 1,  voted for fuckstick
    option 2, voted for biden
    option 3, didnt vote.

which is it.

• Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Y'all think I'm racist?
    I have many friends that are of color, local and abroad, ok,  I just highlighted one of them, because of all those isms, phobias, & generalizations that are tossed around that I have nothing to do with. 
    Im not savy enough to know the Stereotypical phrases, I guess, and if I didn't know that,  I guess it doesn't mean anything.  I have not read the handbook on this.
    There is no such thing as a political candidate that I agree with 100% of the time on everything.  How can anyone agree 100% on everything?  I try to go
    60% - 40% on the issues,  but it's difficult to even do that.  Mabey there is 4 this I like about a guy and dislike the rest.
    I don't know. 

there's no "handbook", it's just really well known. But hey, I didn't know blackface was a thing until trudeau got caught doing it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    What I don't get is not the voting for him in '16. It's the being (rightfully) disgusted with him enough to sit out 2020....yet voicing absolutely no concern what so ever for anything he's being credibly accused of since. And, instead, coming on here and bitching and complaining about cocaine being found in the White House. That doesn't compute. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Y'all think I'm racist?
    I don't know. 

If you didn't realize that the wall and Muslim ban were rooted in xenophobia, then you should probably talk more with all your friends of color, local and abroad. 
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Y'all think I'm racist?
    I don't know. 

If you didn't realize that the wall and Muslim ban were rooted in xenophobia, then you should probably talk more with all your friends of color, local and abroad. 
    Not even George Bush suggested such a thing in the aftermath of 9/11. And 15+ years later, Trump is pushing that. 
  • Options
    What I don't get is not the voting for him in '16. It's the being (rightfully) disgusted with him enough to sit out 2020....yet voicing absolutely no concern what so ever for anything he's being credibly accused of since. And, instead, coming on here and bitching and complaining about cocaine being found in the White House. That doesn't compute. 
    Well this used to be the Joe Biden thread.
    Trump has been out for 3+ years.  I don't know who brought up Trump in this conversation?
    I wish Trump would go away.   I don't think there is any way he could win again.  That's good right?  He will probably win in the primaries because there are a lot of fools among us, and get his clock cleaned again in the general.  The left wants him to get the nomination because he is clearly the easiest to beat.
    What don't you get?  I held my nose in 16, and by 2020, couldn't stand either one of them.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    RYME said:
    Trump has been out for 3+ years.  I don't know who brought up Trump in this conversation?
    I wish Trump would go away.   I don't think there is any way he could win again.  That's good right?  He will probably win in the primaries because there are a lot of fools among us, and get his clock cleaned again in the general.  The left wants him to get the nomination because he is clearly the easiest to beat.
    What don't you get?  I held my nose in 16, and by 2020, couldn't stand either one of them.
    Trump's the frontrunner by a country mile in the current GOP primary. He will be Biden's opponent next year man. Why do you guys act like he doesn't matter anymore? lol

No matter which thread we're in, you've never expressed outrage over this guy who stole top secret government documents and refused to return them after being issued a subpoena...in addition to attempting to prevent the Biden administration from gaining power after they won the election. He represents the end to democracy as we know it yet you're here going on and on about minor Biden conspiracies. That's what I don't get. It's not the typical hold your nose and vote for the lesser of two evil thing. We are waaaay past that. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,911
    Let's give RYME some credit here.  Maybe some don't agree with his take on things, but at least he makes an attempt to state what they are and his reasons for his beliefs.  This is far more credible that the hit and run bullshit posts we so often get from some of our other right to hard right leaning posters.  Please don't make this a "hate RYME" thread.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Let's give RYME some credit here.  Maybe some don't agree with his take on things, but at least he makes an attempt to state what they are and his reasons for his beliefs.  This is far more credible that the hit and run bullshit posts we so often get from some of our other right to hard right leaning posters.  Please don't make this a "hate RYME" thread.
    I agree. He seems like a good guy and I hope my post doesn't come across in the way you describe. I'm just trying to understand some of the logic because it's a little confusing to me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,911
    brianlux said:
    I agree. He seems like a good guy and I hope my post doesn't come across in the way you describe. I'm just trying to understand some of the logic because it's a little confusing to me. 

No worries, bud, I didn't mean to direct my comment at you or anyone in particular. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    RYME said:
    Trump's the frontrunner by a country mile in the current GOP primary. He will be Biden's opponent next year man. Why do you guys act like he doesn't matter anymore? lol

No matter which thread we're in, you've never expressed outrage over this guy who stole top secret government documents and refused to return them after being issued a subpoena...in addition to attempting to prevent the Biden administration from gaining power after they won the election. He represents the end to democracy as we know it yet you're here going on and on about minor Biden conspiracies. That's what I don't get. It's not the typical hold your nose and vote for the lesser of two evil thing. We are waaaay past that. 
    I was kicked out of this forum probably a year and a half ago because someone was calling me a Confederate.   That pissed me off a lot, so didn't hesitate to call that person a _______.   And was kicked out. So how could I have commented on all Trump's crap here?  I'm not gonna go back and back and back now.
    I didn't support Trump in 2020, therefore I'm not responsible for his crap! (He was given a lot of bad advice though from several of his top advisors on what could and should be done, pertaining to his handling of Jan 6th & trying to overturn the election)  That doesn't excuse his actions. Repeat that does not excuse his demanding Mike Pence send it back to the states in question.   He was told that if enough senators from the swing states in question would refuse to conferm the vote from the states in question because of irregularitie clames, that  the vote would go back to the individual state houses and there state assemblies would hash it out.  There was a word for this that escapes me.  When they were going through this, that's when all the chaos at the capital started happening. They adjourned for a few hours. Came back and finished it.
    I did vote in 2020 in local & state races, school board, & whatever referendums were on it, but I left the presidential vote blank. 
    I don't like Biden either,  and since this is the Joe Biden thread,  and the coke was the topic of the week last week,  I made some comments,  but I didn't go "on & on & on" but so,  If someone in the Biden Whitehouse likes to do the wake & bake thing, it's fair game.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

I was kicked out of this forum probably a year and a half ago because someone was calling me a Confederate.   That pissed me off a lot, so didn't hesitate to call that person a _______.   And was kicked out. So how could I have commented on all Trump's crap here?  I'm not gonna go back and back and back now.
    I didn't support Trump in 2020, therefore I'm not responsible for his crap! (He was given a lot of bad advice though from several of his top advisors on what could and should be done, pertaining to his handling of Jan 6th & trying to overturn the election)  That doesn't excuse his actions. Repeat that does not excuse his demanding Mike Pence send it back to the states in question.   He was told that if enough senators from the swing states in question would refuse to conferm the vote from the states in question because of irregularitie clames, that  the vote would go back to the individual state houses and there state assemblies would hash it out.  There was a word for this that escapes me.  When they were going through this, that's when all the chaos at the capital started happening. They adjourned for a few hours. Came back and finished it.
    I did vote in 2020 in local & state races, school board, & whatever referendums were on it, but I left the presidential vote blank. 
    I don't like Biden either,  and since this is the Joe Biden thread,  and the coke was the topic of the week last week,  I made some comments,  but I didn't go "on & on & on" but so,  If someone in the Biden Whitehouse likes to do the wake & bake thing, it's fair game.
    the part I bolded is total bullcrap.  There is nothing in the Constitution that allows for that.  He was fed those lies because he wants to ingest those lies and he doesn't care what's true or not, so long as it helps him or his family.  We know that he was told by multiple quality attorneys (like Pat Cipollone, the actual WH counsel) that there was ZERO path for that once the elections were certified by the states.  He listened to the charlatans, not the professionals.  There's no excuse for it. 
  • Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

the part I bolded is total bullcrap.  There is nothing in the Constitution that allows for that.  He was fed those lies because he wants to ingest those lies and he doesn't care what's true or not, so long as it helps him or his family.  We know that he was told by multiple quality attorneys (like Pat Cipollone, the actual WH counsel) that there was ZERO path for that once the elections were certified by the states.  He listened to the charlatans, not the professionals.  There's no excuse for it. 
    I know that. But he was told he could do this and it could happen by 2 of his top advisers And strategists.  So in the run up to Jan 6th, Trump thought that that was a possibility and could haopen, And ihe was banking on it.
     Pretty stupid, Because there was no way that was ever gonna happen, but he thought it could.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

I give you credit for being honest and straightforward. I'm not trying to pile on here... 

I have to refute the above  boldface section though: 
    Trump was also given a lot of good advice in the wake of the 2020 election which he chose to ignore. He knew exactly what he was doing when he tried to subvert the results of the 2020 election.  

Did you know him & Steve Bannon had a 'Stop the Steal' movement planned for November of 2016 before he unexpectedly won? Let that sink in... they expected to lose in 2016, and planned in advance to claim voter fraud. When he eventually lost in 2020, they went w/ the 2016 plan: "Stop the steal". 

You're giving him too much credit, the man literally tried to overrule the constitution and for the first time in our nation's history, prevented a peaceful transfer of power. 

I say this as respectfully as possible: wake up.