Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    brianlux said:
    Unless one is a fan of Trump, I don't understand the Biden bashing one bit.  He was the only chance among Dems running to get Trump out of the White House.  The choice was an elderly man with a speech impediment but who is also a relatively decent man with a fair amount of elder wisdom, or a deranged narcissistic misogynist who is only interested in things that are self-serving.  How the hell can anyone bash Biden when that was the choice.  Jesus H, really?
    just because trump is that bad doesn't mean that anyone else is above criticism. I just don't get the "dementia" or "losing his cognitive abilities" thing, cause when I see the guy speak, aside from some occasional flubs that I personally attribute to his stutter, the guys knows his shit. 
    Brian can correct me if I am wrong, but I would think he is referring to the deplorable attacks he gets regularly. The "Fuck Joe Biden" stuff all the time and just the amount of vitriol these people have towards the man. No issue with anyone being against his policies and those who are frustrated with one thing or the other but a lot of these magamoos are seething with anger and shit. That is not normal behavior towards a seemingly run of the mill politician like Joe Biden. And a lot of it has to do with any number of crazy conspiracy theories they've bought into. 
    fair enough. I took it as any criticism. But he did say "bash", so I see your point. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,364
    ^
    Exactly.

There is a guy in my town, here, who has a huge Christmas light display on his roof that says "FJB!" It's on a pretty busy street so tons of people see it ever night. It's deplorable. I saw a guy at my local driving range the other day, always considered him a nice older fellow who I'd exchange pleasantries with, wearing a "Let's Go Brandon" shirt. I don't care if they are being coy with their language--it means "Fuck Joe Biden" and it's offensive. And it's not normal behavior towards, again, a pretty run of the mill politician who's been around forever and has generally been sort of well liked like Joe Biden. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    tbergs said:
    Our wacky neighbor down the road recently put up another Biden flag. These are the 2 he's flying.

What kind of jerkoff hangs flags with the F word.  Don't people complain?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,797
    brianlux said:
    Unless one is a fan of Trump, I don't understand the Biden bashing one bit.  He was the only chance among Dems running to get Trump out of the White House.  The choice was an elderly man with a speech impediment but who is also a relatively decent man with a fair amount of elder wisdom, or a deranged narcissistic misogynist who is only interested in things that are self-serving.  How the hell can anyone bash Biden when that was the choice.  Jesus H, really?
    just because trump is that bad doesn't mean that anyone else is above criticism. I just don't get the "dementia" or "losing his cognitive abilities" thing, cause when I see the guy speak, aside from some occasional flubs that I personally attribute to his stutter, the guys knows his shit. 
    Brian can correct me if I am wrong, but I would think he is referring to the deplorable attacks he gets regularly. The "Fuck Joe Biden" stuff all the time and just the amount of vitriol these people have towards the man. No issue with anyone being against his policies and those who are frustrated with one thing or the other but a lot of these magamoos are seething with anger and shit. That is not normal behavior towards a seemingly run of the mill politician like Joe Biden. And a lot of it has to do with any number of crazy conspiracy theories they've bought into. 

Yes, Juggler, that is it mainly.  But even here, some of the comments that at least imply he is too old or not clear headed leave me a bit baffled.  I guess I assume too much about how more informed and sensible those of us on these forums are (at least in general).

The thing is,  at Biden's his age (or even mine) people are not as quick in their thinking.  That's just the way it is.  But I don't see that as a problem when considering the experience and knowledge Biden as accumulated.  And he is smart enough to have put together a good group of people around him and, as I have often stated, big decisions that affect us all should be made by committee anyway, not solely  by one individual. 

And I'm not against criticizing some of Biden's policies.  I think he should be much stronger on environment, for example.  But compared to Trump, if Trump had won?  No brainer! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    Our wacky neighbor down the road recently put up another Biden flag. These are the 2 he's flying.

What kind of people?  Jerk offs, as you said!
    I just found out that a neighbor family (not too close, thank goodness) with whom we have been somewhat friendly as the who lives there is one of our bankers, are Trump fans.  They seem like nice people but they put up a big Trump sign on their garden shed.  I was shocked.  Man, what a disappointment that is!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:

I just found out that a neighbor family (not too close, thank goodness) with whom we have been somewhat friendly as the who lives there is one of our bankers, are Trump fans.  They seem like nice people but they put up a big Trump sign on their garden shed.  I was shocked.  Man, what a disappointment that is!
    just so odd to me, as a canadian, to see any flags or merchandise or bumper stickers for or against any politician. even if it was FOR biden or trudeau...I find that...strange behaviour. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2022
    It's a cult. Imagined being so devoted to a fucking politician that you'd fly a flag with his name on it or wear shirts and hats with his name.

I get bumper stickers and yard signs (respectful ones) during the election but the stuff more and more of us are seeing these days is just bonkers to me.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    yard signs at election time are normal. I've even allowed that on my lawn once or twice. But the second the election is over? TOSS. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    yard signs at election time are normal. I've even allowed that on my lawn once or twice. But the second the election is over? TOSS. 
    Me too.  Time to move on with your life. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    It's a cult. Imagined being so devoted to a fucking politician that you'd fly a flag with his name on it or wear shirts and hats with his name.
    I completely agree. Pearl Jam’s “Ridin’ with Biden” t-shirts fit the bill as well. 

The weirdest Trump one I’ve seen was a large Trump laminate on someone’s passenger side window that made it look like Trump was riding shotgun. Like you said, even if you like him, how can you be THAT devoted?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    Yet I’m still seeing Trump/Pence 2020 signs. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,189
    i'll bet biden feels owned by those flags. 

nice try, sport.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

nice try, sport.
    How about the fucking boat parades? These people are crazy. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,022

nice try, sport.
    How about the fucking boat parades? These people are crazy. 
    I live on a lake and those fucking idiots had a boat parade in 2020.  It was a fucked up mess though...too many boats too close together 

Unbelievable how seemingly intelligent people join in that shit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,172

To a fairly large segment of the population, he is a cult hero. To this day. Embed our minds in their culture. When we get home from work and reconnect with family and friends maybe we talk about the current PJ tour or favorite sports teams. These folks talk about trump first and foremost, fourteen months after his term ends. If somehow he wins in two years, it will be disgusting and it will be brutal.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:

just so odd to me, as a canadian, to see any flags or merchandise or bumper stickers for or against any politician. even if it was FOR biden or trudeau...I find that...strange behaviour. 

George Carlin nailed he when he called it being "symbol minded people".

• Options

To a fairly large segment of the population, he is a cult hero. To this day. Embed our minds in their culture. When we get home from work and reconnect with family and friends maybe we talk about the current PJ tour or favorite sports teams. These folks talk about trump first and foremost, fourteen months after his term ends. If somehow he wins in two years, it will be disgusting and it will be brutal.

Another four years of Trump? Dreadful beyond imagining!

• Options

I suppose it's always been kind of a "look at those weird neighbours over the fence" type of dynamic being canadian and watching the American "dream". the celebrity worship, the political obsession. Sure, we have some element of that here, but man, it has NEVER been to that level. 

the freedumb convoy changed that a bit. we got a small taste of what it's like to live among idiots. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    The flags are new, and I don’t like the obscene ones (or any of them really). But I’ve seen outdated political bumper stickers for 20 years.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    The flags are new, and I don’t like the obscene ones (or any of them really). But I’ve seen outdated political bumper stickers for 20 years.
    Yeah those are tough to remove. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Yeah those are tough to remove. lol

No problem, just look for more places to put the new ones, :lol:        
    Do Bumper Stickers Damage Cars Ask The Sticker Experts At Websticker

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,549
    They are still all over the place where I am. I entertained the idea of making stickers that said LOST in big red letters to put on the signs that are still out there. However the mental make up and stability of the people who still have them displayed has kept me from doing it. I really don't want to get shot at. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,172

I suppose it's always been kind of a "look at those weird neighbours over the fence" type of dynamic being canadian and watching the American "dream". the celebrity worship, the political obsession. Sure, we have some element of that here, but man, it has NEVER been to that level. 

the freedumb convoy changed that a bit. we got a small taste of what it's like to live among idiots. 

Its so bad, its difficult to get into words on a forum post.

Imagine living in a slightly left lean district in a state that only votes for dems for President and senate and you get stuck in traffic,  a trump parade when there are no elections coming up. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    They are still all over the place where I am. I entertained the idea of making stickers that said LOST in big red letters to put on the signs that are still out there. However the mental make up and stability of the people who still have them displayed has kept me from doing it. I really don't want to get shot at. 
    And depending on where you live, they would have every right to "stand their ground."

Yeah, I'm worried more about state-mandated violence than the fascists knuckleheads who are just following the letter of the law.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,549
    dankind said:
    And depending on where you live, they would have every right to "stand their ground."

Yeah, I'm worried more about state-mandated violence than the fascists knuckleheads who are just following the letter of the law.
    Illinois, there is no stand your ground laws here, we have "castle" laws. And they are for people to defend themselves against violent attack, not a sticker mocking their political choices.    
  • Options
    dankind said:

Illinois, there is no stand your ground laws here, we have "castle" laws. And they are for people to defend themselves against violent attack, not a sticker mocking their political choices.    
    They find a way to make a case against The Sticker Bandit
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,717
    edited April 2022
    Let’s go demented BRANDON! And fuck immigration too.

The national unemployment rate fell to a pandemic low of 3.6 percent in March, as employers added 431,000 jobs, further bolstering the most rapid labor market rebound on record.

Average hourly wages for private-sector workers, meanwhile, rose by 13 cents to $31.73 in March, the Labor Department said Friday.

The fastest economic recovery in decades has pushed many measures of employment strength into uncharted territory: Job creation and new openings are at near-record levels, while the jobless rate is approaching historic lows. But some worry that the labor market may be too tight, with businesses across the economy reporting labor shortages, as job openings continue to far outnumber available workers.

Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,027
    Let’s go demented BRANDON! And fuck immigration too.

The national unemployment rate fell to a pandemic low of 3.6 percent in March, as employers added 431,000 jobs, further bolstering the most rapid labor market rebound on record.

Average hourly wages for private-sector workers, meanwhile, rose by 13 cents to $31.73 in March, the Labor Department said Friday.

The fastest economic recovery in decades has pushed many measures of employment strength into uncharted territory: Job creation and new openings are at near-record levels, while the jobless rate is approaching historic lows. But some worry that the labor market may be too tight, with businesses across the economy reporting labor shortages, as job openings continue to far outnumber The national unemployment rate fell to a pandemic low of 3.6 percent in March, as employers added 431,000 jobs, further bolstering the most rapid labor market rebound on record.

The fastest economic recovery in decades has pushed many measures of employment strength into uncharted territory: Job creation and new openings are at near-record levels, while the jobless rate is approaching historic lows. But some worry that the labor market may be too tight, with businesses across the economy reporting labor shortages, as job openings continue to far outnumber available workers.

double pasted......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JOBS
    JOBS
    JOBS

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,717
    Let’s go BRANDON! But you hear about this on Faux given their funny last names.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/01/politics/safi-rauf-taliban-captivity/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©