Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,878
    oh jeez guys. I know what he’s saying is true. Just commenting on the choice of adjectives. Full stop. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    And I don’t believe I read one “big,” “beautiful,” “ever known,” or “greatest of all time,” in his announcement and answers to follow up questions. Nor any made up word salad answers that have no relation to the questions asked or POTUS calling a reporter nasty or fake news. Imagine that?
    nor did he regale everyone with tales of how he won the electoral college like nobody has ever seen.
    So you're saying he sounded "Presidential?!?!?" My goodness. What a concept!
    No, Biden reads presidential but if you listen to him talk he sounds more retirement home 
    I think he just sounds like an intelligent man that has battled speech disability his entire life. 
    Then you’ve bought in to the story. 

Cause it’s far more than that.  

Better than the last guy but not good
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,994
    And I don’t believe I read one “big,” “beautiful,” “ever known,” or “greatest of all time,” in his announcement and answers to follow up questions. Nor any made up word salad answers that have no relation to the questions asked or POTUS calling a reporter nasty or fake news. Imagine that?
    nor did he regale everyone with tales of how he won the electoral college like nobody has ever seen.
    No, Biden reads presidential but if you listen to him talk he sounds more retirement home 
    I think he just sounds like an intelligent man that has battled speech disability his entire life. 

lol...yeah cuz you know all the details
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    edited March 2022

Speech impediment or not, Biden isn’t going to win any awards for his eloquence. He’s also not a dick, which is great. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,969
    benjs said:

Speech impediment or not, Biden isn’t going to win any awards for his eloquence. He’s also not a dick, which is great. 

closer to the common man than fuckstick , thats for sure.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Yes I have ears.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,564

Yes I have ears.
    Well this is news to me!
  • Options

have I? Or have you? Cause I see the guy occasionally losing his way, but speaking about very specific globally relevant topics and knowing very deeply what he's talking about. that's not dementia (to me). 

having a stutter isn't about just stammering. it can lead to a loss of concentration, forgetting what you were last speaking about, minor confusion, etc. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,039

have I? Or have you? Cause I see the guy occasionally losing his way, but speaking about very specific globally relevant topics and knowing very deeply what he's talking about. that's not dementia (to me). 

having a stutter isn't about just stammering. it can lead to a loss of concentration, forgetting what you were last speaking about, minor confusion, etc. 
    I’ve never heard that, and I’ve stuttered my whole life.
    My dad thought he could cure me by making me practice talking. So in the 3rd grade he would have me recite my times tables to practice talking. Within just a couple weeks my teacher would send me next door to the 4th class for math lessons…but I still stuttered.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831
    I have a friend from college who has a stutter. In terms of cognition, it's nothing. At least that's what I think...he's a really smart guy.

And I do think that's part of what's going on with Biden. But he's not as sharp as he used to be, which makes sense given his age. But is he the ideal person to hold that job? I don't think so. He's only there because the Dems did not have a deep bench and he's connected to Obama while still not coming across as a hard-core liberal.

The Dems really need to get a couple people into the national fold. Obama is the last person to really ascend and he did that 15 years ago.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I’ve never heard that, and I’ve stuttered my whole life.
    My dad thought he could cure me by making me practice talking. So in the 3rd grade he would have me recite my times tables to practice talking. Within just a couple weeks my teacher would send me next door to the 4th class for math lessons…but I still stuttered.
    well those with a stutter would obviously know more than I would, but I did some reading after the right just wouldn't stop marching on with these "demented joe" bullshit and that's what I read. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2022
    https://nieman.harvard.edu/articles/biden-stutter/

On the MSNBC politics talk show “Morning Joe,” panelists used video of Biden squeezing his eyes during a debate, while seeming to forget his train of thought during an answer. None of them seemed to know that that kind of facial tic is common to stutterers who have to, in a split second, decide to struggle through a speech block or quickly substitute words or phrases on the fly. It can look like a moment of forgetfulness—or cognitive decline when it leads to a nonsensical-sounding sentence.

What to the untrained eye looks like evidence of cognitive decline might not be.
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2022
    https://nieman.harvard.edu/articles/biden-stutter/

On the MSNBC politics talk show “Morning Joe,” panelists used video of Biden squeezing his eyes during a debate, while seeming to forget his train of thought during an answer. None of them seemed to know that that kind of facial tic is common to stutterers who have to, in a split second, decide to struggle through a speech block or quickly substitute words or phrases on the fly. It can look like a moment of forgetfulness—or cognitive decline when it leads to a nonsensical-sounding sentence.

What to the untrained eye looks like evidence of cognitive decline might not be.
    That actually makes a lot more sense. That’s a coping mechanism I use. I hide my stuffer very well, I’ve had it as long as I can remember. I can predict words that will make me stutter (they aren’t always the same words) and try and change mid-sentence. If I can’t then I usually resort to pretending to forget the word and let the other person fill in the blank.
    I think a lot is still unknown about stuttering. And almost next to nothing in the 80s. I remember the mom of my good friend asked in an annoyed tone “why do you talk like that?” My dad thought he could cure me with practice. People all the time would just say things like “how could you forget your name?” If that’s what I stuttered on. So the deception of forgetfulness is there, but it’s not real in my experience.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    on a personal note, I'm not stuttering, but I'm beginning to understand speech impediments on a very small level....been having some TMJ issues lately. I notice my jaw moves strangely when forming certain words....it's causing me to slur a bit....not bad enough for anyone else to notice, my wife says she doesn't, but it's still bothersome and even at this level I'm becoming self conscious, so I can only imagine what it's like for people with less mild conditions. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on a personal note, I'm not stuttering, but I'm beginning to understand speech impediments on a very small level....been having some TMJ issues lately. I notice my jaw moves strangely when forming certain words....it's causing me to slur a bit....not bad enough for anyone else to notice, my wife says she doesn't, but it's still bothersome and even at this level I'm becoming self conscious, so I can only imagine what it's like for people with less mild conditions. 
    I worked with a stutterer about 25 years ago. He was a few years younger than me at the time and I always admired how he dealt with it.

I'm self conscious as hell and just can't imagine having an affliction like that. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    he's probably still a few years younger than you. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Still cracks me up every time I think about this. I learned to hide it better as I got older. In middle school, not as much. I’d get teased a lot, but really only 1 kid did it on a regular basis. This kid Rob would always make fun of me and whenever he saw me would say “Hi, my name is M-m-m-ma-ma-ma-Mason.”
    The funny part is he has turrets, so of all the people to make fun of me on a regular basis was ironic it was him. So I’d respond by twitching my whole body and say “Hi, I’m Rob.” He’d get so mad and his friends would always say how mean I was for doing that, he can’t help it. I guess the irony was lost in them..
    But he did this like every day.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Still cracks me up every time I think about this. I learned to hide it better as I got older. In middle school, not as much. I’d get teased a lot, but really only 1 kid did it on a regular basis. This kid Rob would always make fun of me and whenever he saw me would say “Hi, my name is M-m-m-ma-ma-ma-Mason.”
    The funny part is he has turrets, so of all the people to make fun of me on a regular basis was ironic it was him. So I’d respond by twitching my whole body and say “Hi, I’m Rob.” He’d get so mad and his friends would always say how mean I was for doing that, he can’t help it. I guess the irony was lost in them..
    shoulda will smithed that mofo
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    shoulda will smithed that mofo
    Nah. His friends would have beat me up. My friends would have watched.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,691
    edited March 2022
    Thanks Brandon! Thanks for producing so many quitters! I hate quitters! MAGA can’t MAGA with so many quitters!

Americans continued to switch jobs at near-record rates in February, with 4.4 million workers leaving their positions in a historically tight labor market.

Employers hired 6.7 million people in February, while reporting 11.3 million job openings, according to a report released Tuesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

“We continue to have an unusual amount of churn in the job market,” said Erica Groshen, an economist at Cornell University and former head of the Bureau of Labor Statistics. “We were all just holding our breaths during the worst parts of the pandemic, but now that’s changing.”

The latest report builds on months of economic momentum, with U.S. employers adding a record 7 million jobs over the past year. The economy creating 678,000 positions in February alone, sending the unemployment rate to a pandemic low of 3.8 percent, Labor Department data show.

That strong reading — which added to the Federal Reserve’s resolve to begin hiking interest rates this month — has also given new leverage to workers as they look for more favorable working conditions and higher pay.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/03/29/job-quits-february-openings-jolts/

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

I never mentioned dementia.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited March 2022

tell me then, exactly what you mean by your "retirement home" comment, and your other countless comments about his cognition. 

and how semantics makes one lick of difference to the point you keep trying to make. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Exactly. The dementia shit is ridiculous. He's an old man and he talks like an old man.

• Options

Please explain "Cause it's far more than that"

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    “I said with all due respect” 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,782
    Unless one is a fan of Trump, I don't understand the Biden bashing one bit.  He was the only chance among Dems running to get Trump out of the White House.  The choice was an elderly man with a speech impediment but who is also a relatively decent man with a fair amount of elder wisdom, or a deranged narcissistic misogynist who is only interested in things that are self-serving.  How the hell can anyone bash Biden when that was the choice.  Jesus H, really?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Unless one is a fan of Trump, I don't understand the Biden bashing one bit.  He was the only chance among Dems running to get Trump out of the White House.  The choice was an elderly man with a speech impediment but who is also a relatively decent man with a fair amount of elder wisdom, or a deranged narcissistic misogynist who is only interested in things that are self-serving.  How the hell can anyone bash Biden when that was the choice.  Jesus H, really?
    exactly....

• Options
    brianlux said:
    just because trump is that bad doesn't mean that anyone else is above criticism. I just don't get the "dementia" or "losing his cognitive abilities" thing, cause when I see the guy speak, aside from some occasional flubs that I personally attribute to his stutter, the guys knows his shit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,352
    edited March 2022
    brianlux said:
    just because trump is that bad doesn't mean that anyone else is above criticism. I just don't get the "dementia" or "losing his cognitive abilities" thing, cause when I see the guy speak, aside from some occasional flubs that I personally attribute to his stutter, the guys knows his shit. 
    Brian can correct me if I am wrong, but I would think he is referring to the deplorable attacks he gets regularly. The "Fuck Joe Biden" stuff all the time and just the amount of vitriol these people have towards the man. No issue with anyone being against his policies and those who are frustrated with one thing or the other but a lot of these magamoos are seething with anger and shit. That is not normal behavior towards a seemingly run of the mill politician like Joe Biden. And a lot of it has to do with any number of crazy conspiracy theories they've bought into. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,273
    Our wacky neighbor down the road recently put up another Biden flag. These are the 2 he's flying.

It's a hopeless situation...