Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,536
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    jdasilvaf said:
    I am glad/relieved Trump is no longer at the helm of a nuclear power. Unfortunately, I think Biden's timid/moderate style of politics is just going to disappoint (much like Obama did) and we will get another Trump term or from a way more intelligent/evil right wing populist if not in 2024, definitely in 2028. 

As for the "Dems were burning down our cities in 2020" narrative... it is patently false. Those of us who actually live in these cities can attest that. No city was burnt down, and protests were overwhelmingly peaceful and non-violent. The only ones who believe otherwise watch and listen to way too much scaremongering right wing media.
    It is claimed that there was between $1-$2 billion worth of damage in these riots(most expensive riots in history). Did Fox new make that up?

I'd love for any of the folks making that disingenuous argument to show me pictures of the looters/rioters sportin' their Biden gear! Spoiler alert, they cannot produce such photos. 

You cannot address Hillary's actual quote, can you?
    I am talking about your quote and the narrative that this message board pushes pull of hatred.
    So you agree she was right I guess. lol
    If you want to clump in 50% of a group of people without facts, that is bigotry, is it not?
    What percentage would be acceptable to you? 
    The only number acceptable to me is a number given with facts.

See, you've boxed yourself into a corner and cannot figure a way out. It's tough defending deplorable behavior, isn't it?

Go ahead, say "bigot" again. lol 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Just no sense of decorum or respect for the office of the Presidency.
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    TFG didn't and still doesn't 
    Their supporters certainly don't 
    They're trash 
    Some might say, “Deplorables.”
    Once again, Hillary was absolutely correct about that. 
    This is pure bigotry.
    Nah. It's entirely accurate. 
    Bigotry: obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

How is bigotry OK?
    It is 2022. You really want to regurgitate and relitigate why she accurately described those people as deplorable 6 years ago...while many of them are awaiting trial for what they did on 1/6? You for real?
    How is bigotry OK? It goes hand in hand with racism.

Bigotry, Racism, Hatred.....

So wait, you're telling me that "many" of the 74 millions are on trial? Are you for real? A very tiny minority is more like it.

Remember when all of the Dems were burning down our cities in 2020?

Both sides have extreme morons but that does not justify bigotry.

What are you even talking about there?  In 2016, Hillary said 

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.” She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

So what are you arguing?  Is it that the 50% number is too high?  I'm not sure it is, but I won't fight on that hill.  If you're saying that it's bigotry to insult people who are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, well then you are correct.  It's bigotry.  It's also bigotry to despise Nazis.  So what?  
    You are comparing nazis with people that voted for Trump.

Can you say that there are any "good" people that identify as nazis?

Can you say that there are any "good" people that voted for Trump?

1. I don't know any Nazis, but I hate them.  Way to miss the point.

2. As Hillary even said, Trump's supporters "feel the gov't has them down".  There are also Trump supporters who vote solely on taxes, solely on abortion, and are less focused on who the actual president is.  I don't see them as 'deplorable'.  

But if disliking the group of people who are racist, sexist, homophobic makes me a bigot (by definition, it does), then I declare my bigotry towards those people, without shame.  Just like I do against neo-Nazis, Paleo-Nazis, Proud Boys, Three Percenters, etc. 
    There are plenty of people on this message board that say that all Trump voters are deplorable which is bigotry. I give you credit for not being one of them.
    Lol...plenty of people that you can't identify.  I don't know of any and I've been here a long time.

tRump voters are definitely made up of distinct groups
    1. The deplorables...people that were fired up due to tRump's anti-immigrant, anti-affirmative action stance.
    2. Ignorant blue collar workers: Fed up with the gov't or not they vote against their own self interests. Slugs for salt. They have been convinced that calling themselves GOP makes them richer and smarter.
    3. Diehard GOP....they will vote GOP no matter who is running
    So every Trump voters falls into those 3 categories, eh? If your answer is yes, you are a bigot.

Well....it's kind of hard to say that you support tRump without being in one of those categories
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.
    Bigotry: obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

How is bigotry OK?
    It is 2022. You really want to regurgitate and relitigate why she accurately described those people as deplorable 6 years ago...while many of them are awaiting trial for what they did on 1/6? You for real?

So wait, you're telling me that "many" of the 74 millions are on trial? Are you for real? A very tiny minority is more like it.

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.” She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

So what are you arguing?  Is it that the 50% number is too high?  I'm not sure it is, but I won't fight on that hill.  If you're saying that it's bigotry to insult people who are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, well then you are correct.  It's bigotry.  It's also bigotry to despise Nazis.  So what?  

2. As Hillary even said, Trump's supporters "feel the gov't has them down".  There are also Trump supporters who vote solely on taxes, solely on abortion, and are less focused on who the actual president is.  I don't see them as 'deplorable'.  

But if disliking the group of people who are racist, sexist, homophobic makes me a bigot (by definition, it does), then I declare my bigotry towards those people, without shame.  Just like I do against neo-Nazis, Paleo-Nazis, Proud Boys, Three Percenters, etc. 
    There are plenty of people on this message board that say that all Trump voters are deplorable which is bigotry. I give you credit for not being one of them.
    Lol...plenty of people that you can't identify.  I don't know of any and I've been here a long time.

1. The deplorables...people that were fired up due to tRump's anti-immigrant, anti-affirmative action stance.
    2. Ignorant blue collar workers: Fed up with the gov't or not they vote against their own self interests. Slugs for salt. They have been convinced that calling themselves GOP makes them richer and smarter.
    So every Trump voters falls into those 3 categories, eh? If your answer is yes, you are a bigot.

What percentage of Trump's base would you be comfortable with labeling as deplorable? 0? 

Totally do not expect a real answer, but figured I'd try one more time. 

Patience is a virtue.....

Here was my reply again, "The only number acceptable to me is a number given with facts."

See, you've boxed yourself into a corner and cannot figure a way out. It's tough defending deplorable behavior, isn't it?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

What percentage of Trump's base would you be comfortable with labeling as deplorable? 0? 

Here was my reply again, "The only number acceptable to me is a number given with facts."

So even if we said 10, you'd challenge that until you had the names and the personal manifestos or statements of those individuals.  Hopefully you know better. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

So even if we said 10, you'd challenge that until you had the names and the personal manifestos or statements of those individuals.  Hopefully you know better. 
    It's what's called a disingenuous argument    tm
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,598
    edited March 2022
    If being against racism makes me a bigot then yes I'm a bigot.
    If being against homophobia makes me a bigot then yes I'm a bigot
    If being against xenophobia makes me a bigot then yes I'm a bigot
    If being against misogynism makes me a bigot then yes I'm a bigot
    If being against liars makes me a bigot then yes I'm a bigot
    If being aagainst anti-semitism makes me a bigot then yes I'm a bigot
    If being against orange skinned people who want to be dictators makes me a bigot then yes I'm a bigot
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

Slugs for salt. 

Perfect. 

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    If being against orange skinned people who want to be dictators makes me a bigot then yes I'm a bigot
    Do you think all Trump voters are deplorable? That's what we are talking about here!

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,848
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

We'll put together a poll average. Whatever percentage of R's believe the election was stolen, well, that's your number.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,155
    #slugsforsalt. that's fucking genius. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

74 million people voted to keep him in office. 74 MILLION. after the 4 years of the "let's give him a chance" went by, and they thought it was a good idea to give him another 4 year chance, after bungling a pandemic, being an utter and total embarrassment on the world stage, cozying up to autocrats, yadda yadda yadda. 

I also agree not every one of them is deplorable. that's just plain silly to say. But what they are, is so entrenched in their politics that they were willing to swallow their disgust for the man only because he had an R beside his name. I'd say that's a much bigger problem. 
    74M tacitly approved of tfg's  overt racism & misogyny. 
    correct. because they are so entrenched in their politics they'd vote for anyone with an R. that's US (and soon, Canadian) politics now. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

74 million people voted to keep him in office. 74 MILLION. after the 4 years of the "let's give him a chance" went by, and they thought it was a good idea to give him another 4 year chance, after bungling a pandemic, being an utter and total embarrassment on the world stage, cozying up to autocrats, yadda yadda yadda. 

I also agree not every one of them is deplorable. that's just plain silly to say. But what they are, is so entrenched in their politics that they were willing to swallow their disgust for the man only because he had an R beside his name. I'd say that's a much bigger problem. 
    correct. because they are so entrenched in their politics they'd vote for anyone with an R. that's US (and soon, Canadian) politics now. 
    Joe Biden has a decades-long habit of making overtly racist remarks, taking discriminatory positions and cavorting with known racists.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

In 2010, he warmly eulogized Sen. Robert Byrd, a former Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan, saying he was “one of my mentors” and that “the Senate is a lesser place for his going.”

In 2007, he referred to Barack Obama as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.”

In 2006, he said, “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

Way back in 1977, he said that forced busing to desegregate schools would cause his children to “grow up in a racial jungle.”

• Options
    edited March 2022
    ^
    The disingenuousness is strong with this one.  

Hey look! A google search found 4 questionable racist things Joe Biden said in the last 45 years. You can find 4 things per day on Donald Trump in the same timeframe. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,598
    JB16057 said:
    Do you think all Trump voters are deplorable? That's what we are talking about here!

Yes I do

The Buddhists teach that support of evil in any way shape or form, which includes voting, makes one evil as well.
    Such that any support of racism, a racist, or racist policies including voting makes one a racist as well.
    And so and so on.

You can throw whatever arguments you want at me. I know that in the long run I have made the right choice.
  • Options
    ^

Hey look! A google search found 4 questionable racist things Joe Biden said in the last 45 years. You can find 4 things per day on Donald Trump in the same timeframe. 

A racist is still a racist.....
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    ^

By that logic then, Donald Trump must really, really, really be racist then. AMIRITE!?!?!?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

In 2010, he warmly eulogized Sen. Robert Byrd, a former Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan, saying he was “one of my mentors” and that “the Senate is a lesser place for his going.”

In 2007, he referred to Barack Obama as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.”

In 2006, he said, “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

Way back in 1977, he said that forced busing to desegregate schools would cause his children to “grow up in a racial jungle.”

Do you really want to have this discussion?  Are you fully prepared and understand these topics where you want to go toe to toe on them, starting with busing and moving onto the Robert Byrd and his repentance?  Do you understand the history of busing and desegregation?  Because it seems to me that you're just clipping shit out that you probably never studied.  
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    ^

By that logic then, Donald Trump must really, really, really be racist then. AMIRITE!?!?!?
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

Lol....... I can identify them.

JB16057 said:

Yes I do

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

Do you really want to have this discussion?  Are you fully prepared and understand these topics where you want to go toe to toe on them, starting with busing and moving onto the Robert Byrd and his repentance?  Do you understand the history of busing and desegregation?  Because it seems to me that you're just clipping shit out that you probably never studied.  
    Yes. Let's dig into this. "You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."

Please tell me how this is not a racist remark......

• Options
    edited March 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

Do you know something about Obama that I am unaware of? "In 2007, he referred to Barack Obama as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.”"
  • Options
    We had a discussion recently about how there used to be Republicans here who could argue their points and have rational, yet very heated, discussions.

Now? It's just this same disingenuous bullshit all the time. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

Maybe you should have this conversation with Kamala.... Remember when she called Biden out for racism..... and then went on a late night talk show and just laughed it off? "It was a debate...... hahahaha..."

• Options
    We had a discussion recently about how there used to be Republicans here who could argue their points and have rational, yet very heated, discussions.

You want to talk about a rational discussion?
    You're the one personally attacking me! Kat already had to edit one of your posts today because you can't keep from name calling.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

Maybe you should have this conversation with Kamala.... Remember when she called Biden out for racism..... and then went on a late night talk show and just laughed it off? "It was a debate...... hahahaha..."

are you seriously arguing the merits of voting for trump over biden because of....racism? 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

are you seriously arguing the merits of voting for trump over biden because of....racism? 
    I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. You'll call our Trump for his racism but you won't do the same for Biden.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

You want to talk about a rational discussion?
    You're the one personally attacking me! Kat already had to edit one of your posts today because you can't keep from name calling.

Seriously? What did I say that upset you so much? Honestly don't know what you're talking about. If you are so upset about something, I'm sorry but wish you'd DM instead of running to a moderator. 

Let's get back on track. What do you take issue with regarding Hillary's actual quote here? Seriously? And do you think any portion of Trump's base exhibits this behavior? If so, what percentage of them do, generally speaking. Curious to your response, if you'd like to have a reasonable conversation:

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. You'll call our Trump for his racism but you won't do the same for Biden.
    Trump exhibits racist behavior on a daily basis. Your own google research found less than five instances on Biden going back to the Ford administration. See the difference?
    chinese-happy.jpg