#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,155
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Just no sense of decorum or respect for the office of the Presidency.
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    TFG didn't and still doesn't 
    Their supporters certainly don't 
    They're trash 
    Some might say, “Deplorables.”
    Once again, Hillary was absolutely correct about that. 
    This is pure bigotry.
    Nah. It's entirely accurate. 
    Bigotry: obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

How is bigotry OK?
    It is 2022. You really want to regurgitate and relitigate why she accurately described those people as deplorable 6 years ago...while many of them are awaiting trial for what they did on 1/6? You for real?
    How is bigotry OK? It goes hand in hand with racism.

Bigotry, Racism, Hatred.....

So wait, you're telling me that "many" of the 74 millions are on trial? Are you for real? A very tiny minority is more like it.

Remember when all of the Dems were burning down our cities in 2020?

Both sides have extreme morons but that does not justify bigotry.

74 million people voted to keep him in office. 74 MILLION. after the 4 years of the "let's give him a chance" went by, and they thought it was a good idea to give him another 4 year chance, after bungling a pandemic, being an utter and total embarrassment on the world stage, cozying up to autocrats, yadda yadda yadda. 

I also agree not every one of them is deplorable. that's just plain silly to say. But what they are, is so entrenched in their politics that they were willing to swallow their disgust for the man only because he had an R beside his name. I'd say that's a much bigger problem. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,011
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.
    Bigotry: obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

How is bigotry OK?
    Key operative word, “unreasonable.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?
    It is 2022. You really want to regurgitate and relitigate why she accurately described those people as deplorable 6 years ago...while many of them are awaiting trial for what they did on 1/6? You for real?

So wait, you're telling me that "many" of the 74 millions are on trial? Are you for real? A very tiny minority is more like it.

What are you even talking about there?  In 2016, Hillary said 

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.” She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

So what are you arguing?  Is it that the 50% number is too high?  I'm not sure it is, but I won't fight on that hill.  If you're saying that it's bigotry to insult people who are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, well then you are correct.  It's bigotry.  It's also bigotry to despise Nazis.  So what?  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,536
    edited March 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.” She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

So what are you arguing?  Is it that the 50% number is too high?  I'm not sure it is, but I won't fight on that hill.  If you're saying that it's bigotry to insult people who are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, well then you are correct.  It's bigotry.  It's also bigotry to despise Nazis.  So what?  
    Thing is, I thought 50% was too high back then. It was more of about 30% of his base. But now? Yeah, I am sorry to say it could definitely be that high. And those two buffoons last night absolutely fit the bill. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

74 million people voted to keep him in office. 74 MILLION. after the 4 years of the "let's give him a chance" went by, and they thought it was a good idea to give him another 4 year chance, after bungling a pandemic, being an utter and total embarrassment on the world stage, cozying up to autocrats, yadda yadda yadda. 

I also agree not every one of them is deplorable. that's just plain silly to say. But what they are, is so entrenched in their politics that they were willing to swallow their disgust for the man only because he had an R beside his name. I'd say that's a much bigger problem. 
    How many people do you think would've chosen Biden as their number 1 choice for President? They didn't get that chance. If they wanted to vote Democrat, they had to choose Biden and they did. Why do you think his polling numbers are so horrible? The people that voted for him aren't happy with him, obviously. 

I wouldn't choose Trump as my first pick but I had no choice. If I wanted to vote Republican, this is the only choice I was given.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

You are comparing nazis with people that voted for Trump.

Can you say that there are any "good" people that identify as nazis?

Can you say that there are any "good" people that voted for Trump?

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Hillary is a joke.
    Pelosi is a joke.
    Kamala just laughs.
    Joe is a puppet. 

Thanks for the deep analysis.  Now do:

Trump
    Ted Cruz
    Josh Hawley
    Liz Cheney
    Trump is self centered
    Cruz is oily
    Hawley is a sneak
    Cheney loves peaches
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,356
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

You're ignoring everything he put besides that one statement and it's accurate in the given context. The deplorable are human garbage, as defined above. Sure, they may have some decent qualities as people, but who they really are at their core is deplorable.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

You're ignoring everything he put besides that one statement and it's accurate in the given context. The deplorable are human garbage, as defined above. Sure, they may have some decent qualities as people, but who they really are at their core is deplorable.
    Bigotry causes more hatred and division.

• Options
    jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 189
    I am glad/relieved Trump is no longer at the helm of a nuclear power. Unfortunately, I think Biden's timid/moderate style of politics is just going to disappoint (much like Obama did) and we will get another Trump term or from a way more intelligent/evil right wing populist if not in 2024, definitely in 2028. 

As for the "Dems were burning down our cities in 2020" narrative... it is patently false. Those of us who actually live in these cities can attest that. No city was burnt down, and protests were overwhelmingly peaceful and non-violent. The only ones who believe otherwise watch and listen to way too much scaremongering right wing media.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

Bigotry causes more hatred and division.

Why don't you address the thing you think you are railing against here? Unless you can't, and therefore concede Hillary was indeed correct. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jdasilvaf said:
    I am glad/relieved Trump is no longer at the helm of a nuclear power. Unfortunately, I think Biden's timid/moderate style of politics is just going to disappoint (much like Obama did) and we will get another Trump term or from a way more intelligent/evil right wing populist if not in 2024, definitely in 2028. 

As for the "Dems were burning down our cities in 2020" narrative... it is patently false. Those of us who actually live in these cities can attest that. No city was burnt down, and protests were overwhelmingly peaceful and non-violent. The only ones who believe otherwise watch and listen to way too much scaremongering right wing media.
    And it's, unsurprisingly, a lazy argument to compare that to actual Trump supporters invading the Capitol in hopes of getting an election they lost overturned. 

I'd love for any of the folks making that disingenuous argument to show me pictures of the looters/rioters sportin' their Biden gear! Spoiler alert, they cannot produce such photos. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jdasilvaf said:

It is claimed that there was between $1-$2 billion worth of damage in these riots(most expensive riots in history). Did Fox new make that up?

• Options
    edited March 2022
    JB16057 said:
    jdasilvaf said:

It is claimed that there was between $1-$2 billion worth of damage in these riots(most expensive riots in history). Did Fox new make that up?

I'd love for any of the folks making that disingenuous argument to show me pictures of the looters/rioters sportin' their Biden gear! Spoiler alert, they cannot produce such photos. 

You cannot address Hillary's actual quote, can you?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

74M tacitly approved of tfg's  overt racism & misogyny. 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

1. I don't know any Nazis, but I hate them.  Way to miss the point.

2. As Hillary even said, Trump's supporters "feel the gov't has them down".  There are also Trump supporters who vote solely on taxes, solely on abortion, and are less focused on who the actual president is.  I don't see them as 'deplorable'.  

But if disliking the group of people who are racist, sexist, homophobic makes me a bigot (by definition, it does), then I declare my bigotry towards those people, without shame.  Just like I do against neo-Nazis, Paleo-Nazis, Proud Boys, Three Percenters, etc. 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    jdasilvaf said:

I am talking about your quote and the narrative that this message board pushes pull of hatred.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

I'm not a fan of Hillary, but did you read the full quote?  She is pretty spot on.  Giving as many as 50% of trump's supporters the benefit of the doubt.  I don't think she ever equated voters with supporters. Note she never says Trump Voters.  She was calling out the Trump faithful.   Never thought I would be defending Hillary, but here we are in 2022

""You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

“Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well,” she said."

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

2. As Hillary even said, Trump's supporters "feel the gov't has them down".  There are also Trump supporters who vote solely on taxes, solely on abortion, and are less focused on who the actual president is.  I don't see them as 'deplorable'.  

But if disliking the group of people who are racist, sexist, homophobic makes me a bigot (by definition, it does), then I declare my bigotry towards those people, without shame.  Just like I do against neo-Nazis, Paleo-Nazis, Proud Boys, Three Percenters, etc. 
    There are plenty of people on this message board that say that all Trump voters are deplorable which is bigotry. I give you credit for not being one of them.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

I'm not a fan of Hillary, but did you read the full quote?  She is pretty spot on.  Giving as many as 50% of trump's supporters the benefit of the doubt.  I don't think she ever equated voters with supporters. Note she never says Trump Voters.  She was calling out the Trump faithful.   Never thought I would be defending Hillary, but here we are in 2022

""You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

“Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well,” she said."

If you want to clump in 50% of a group of people without facts, that is bigotry, is it not?
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    jdasilvaf said:

I am talking about your quote and the narrative that this message board pushes pull of hatred.
    So you agree she was right I guess. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    jdasilvaf said:

If you want to clump in 50% of a group of people without facts, that is bigotry, is it not?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

There are plenty of people on this message board that say that all Trump voters are deplorable which is bigotry. I give you credit for not being one of them.
    Lol...plenty of people that you can't identify.  I don't know of any and I've been here a long time.

tRump voters are definitely made up of distinct groups
    1. The deplorables...people that were fired up due to tRump's anti-immigrant, anti-affirmative action stance.
    2. Ignorant blue collar workers: Fed up with the gov't or not they vote against their own self interests. Slugs for salt. They have been convinced that calling themselves GOP makes them richer and smarter.
    3. Diehard GOP....they will vote GOP no matter who is running
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    jdasilvaf said:

What percentage would be acceptable to you? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

Lol...plenty of people that you can't identify.  I don't know of any and I've been here a long time.

1. The deplorables...people that were fired up due to tRump's anti-immigrant, anti-affirmative action stance.
    2. Ignorant blue collar workers: Fed up with the gov't or not they vote against their own self interests. Slugs for salt. They have been convinced that calling themselves GOP makes them richer and smarter.
    Slugs for salt. 

Perfect. 
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Hillary is a joke.
    Pelosi is a joke.
    Kamala just laughs.
    Joe is a puppet. 

Thanks for the deep analysis.  Now do:

Trump
    Ted Cruz
    Josh Hawley
    Liz Cheney
    Trump is self centered
    Cruz is oily
    Hawley is a sneak
    Cheney loves peaches
    Peaches?  Like the Presidents of the United States love peaches?
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

So every Trump voters falls into those 3 categories, eh? If your answer is yes, you are a bigot.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    jdasilvaf said:

What percentage would be acceptable to you? 
    The only number acceptable to me is a number given with facts.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

So every Trump voters falls into those 3 categories, eh? If your answer is yes, you are a bigot.

What percentage of Trump's base would you be comfortable with labeling as deplorable? 0? 

Totally do not expect a real answer, but figured I'd try one more time. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Poncier said:
    Classless.
    Why would they?
    They're trash 
    This is pure bigotry.

How is bigotry OK?

What percentage of Trump's base would you be comfortable with labeling as deplorable? 0? 

Totally do not expect a real answer, but figured I'd try one more time. 

Patience is a virtue.....

Here was my reply again, "The only number acceptable to me is a number given with facts."