Options

SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States)

1363738394042»

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,687
    putting this here though it should probably go in the Smith thread....

Washington, D.C. Trump Federal 2020 Election Subversion Indictment

United States v. Trump

Filed: August 1, 2023

Indictment of former President Donald Trump by a federal grand jury in Washington, D.C. Trump was indicted on four counts relating to his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

“[F]or more than two months following election day on November 3, 2020, the Defendant [Donald Trump] spread lies that there had been outcome-determinative fraud in the election and that he had actually won. These claims were false, and the Defendant knew that they were false,” the indictment reads. 

According to the unsealed indictment, Trump is charged with:

1. Conspiracy to defraud the United States;
    2. Conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding;
    3. Obstruction of and attempt to obstruct an official proceeding and
    4. Conspiracy against the right to vote and have one’s vote counted.

On Aug. 3, 2023, Trump pleaded not guilty as his arraignment in Washington, D.C. On Oct. 17, the court entered a gag order prohibiting Trump from making public statements about U.S. Department of Justice attorneys, the court’s staff and witnesses. Trump appealed the order to the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, which largely upheld the order on Dec. 8.

On Dec. 1, the district court denied Trump’s motion to dismiss the indictment based on presidential immunity grounds. On Dec. 7, Trump appealed this ruling to the D.C. Circuit.

On Dec. 11, 2023, the government filed a petition for writ of certiorari in the U.S. Supreme Court asking it to rule on whether Trump is immune from criminal charges for actions he took while serving as president.

Meanwhile, on Dec. 13, the district court granted Trump’s request to stay proceedings while his presidential immunity appeal plays out.

On Dec. 22, the Supreme Court denied the government’s petition for a writ of certiorari. Litigation is ongoing in the D.C. Circuit regarding Trump’s immunity from criminal prosecution.

continues.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    the wife of senator running man is arguing against the use mifepristone at scotus this morning.....

do better missouri.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,625
    mickeyrat said:
    the wife of senator running man is arguing against the use mifepristone at scotus this morning.....

do better missouri.
    Yeah, what a buzzkill of a family.  There's no way there's any hookers and blow in their lives.  
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    mickeyrat said:

do better missouri.
    we are trying to get him the fuck out. keep an eye on lucas kunce.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    mickeyrat said:

do better missouri.
    I don't know who that is but he's better than Hawley.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:

do better missouri.
    I don't know who that is but he's better than Hawley.
    he is a young vet. progressive. has been hammering hawley since 1/6 and it seems like he actually has a chance.

next we have to get schmitt out of there.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options