Options

SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States)

Comments

• Options
    LMAO at the left. Everyday they prove how dumb they are. 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,903
    Three liberal judges just ruled in favor of Trump.  Grouping everyone "left" together never has and never will make any sense.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    says the guy who will be on here crying in a few months
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,934
    edited March 4
    Vladeck is a court watcher. With ample experience there and is quite astute and evenhanded imo. this is a long one as he states but certainly a worthy read.

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,274
    Three liberal judges just ruled in favor of Trump.  Grouping everyone "left" together never has and never will make any sense.  
    Why the meltdown on socials then?  Lefts are trying to say they should all be kicked off the court....and they are traitors blah blah blah..

There was never any potential outcome then the one the court agreed upon unanimously. Anyone with half an education beyond a High School Diploma or GED should understand this. It wouldn't matter if it was Trump or anyone else.  

"Three liberal judges just ruled in concurrence with the laws of the land." Fixed it for you.

If it was split on party lines then there would be a reasonable discussion to be had.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    says the guy who will be on here crying in a few months
    And he voted for him twice talk about dumbest! 

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Why the meltdown on socials then?  Lefts are trying to say they should all be kicked off the court....and they are traitors blah blah blah..

There was never any potential outcome then the one the court agreed upon unanimously. Anyone with half an education beyond a High School Diploma or GED should understand this. It wouldn't matter if it was Trump or anyone else.  

"Three liberal judges just ruled in concurrence with the laws of the land." Fixed it for you.

If it was split on party lines then there would be a reasonable discussion to be had.
    I haven't heard any mainstream dem/liberal say that. Likely you haven't either. Just because some numnut on facebook says it doesn't mean they speak for all liberals.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    So it’s not up to the courts the voters will have to get out and vote! Not a big deal let the chips fall where they may, I’m looking forward more to the ruling on the immunity ruling! That’s the end all ruling 
  • Options

I haven't heard any mainstream dem/liberal say that. Likely you haven't either. Just because some numnut on facebook says it doesn't mean they speak for all liberals.
    Let's take a look at the spokespeople for the left...the champions of the cause....

You can peruse the comments sections and likes they receive of your own free will.  Lefts are in full meltdown. 

Why not just beat him on the ballot instead of crying that they can't circumvent laws to keep him off the ballot?
  • Options

Let's take a look at the spokespeople for the left...the champions of the cause....

You can peruse the comments sections and likes they receive of your own free will.  Lefts are in full meltdown. 

Why not just beat him on the ballot instead of crying that they can't circumvent laws to keep him off the ballot?
    Funny you say that we did beat him on the ballot see 2020! Did he take the loosing honorably I ask you? No he fucking ordered an insurrection! So what’s it going to take beating how many times before he crawls away and never to be heard again? So please tell us again who was crying like a petulant child? 
  • Options

Funny you say that we did beat him on the ballot see 2020! Did he take the loosing honorably I ask you? No he fucking ordered an insurrection! So what’s it going to take beating how many times before he crawls away and never to be heard again? So please tell us again who was crying like a petulant child? 
    I agree. He is a petulant child. 

Was the election fair? Yes.

I disagree, he did not order an insurrection. The courts and laws agree with me. You need to accept this as fact and move past it. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,254
    I agree with the ruling and expected this outcome. He hasn't been convicted of anything so you can't kick him off ballots in a federal election. This isn't a state's rights issue. The constitutional merit wasn't there. Just don't vote for the dumbfuck. You're not stopping his cult/base who keep showing up to "rallies". You can still write in whoever you want as well.

I'm way more interested in the immunity case. That has far reaching implications for this country and democracy moving forward. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

I disagree, he did not order an insurrection. The courts and laws agree with me. You need to accept this as fact and move past it. 
    He got beat in 2020 what did he do did he accept it? You said he needs to be beat at the ballot well did he not get beat at the ballot? Im asking how many times does he need to be beat for him to crawl away into a cave not to heard from again? 
  • Options

He got beat in 2020 what did he do did he accept it? You said he needs to be beat at the ballot well did he not get beat at the ballot? Im asking how many times does he need to be beat for him to crawl away into a cave not to heard from again? 
    Ask him not me man. I am not a trump spokesperson.  If it were up to me both him and joe would not be the candidates...no one asked me though.

I am commenting on how the left is melting down about a ruling that should not have been unexpected.  Most leftists should be cognizant of the fact that what colorado tried was incredibly illegal and recognizing this as the correct ruling...which many are not really understanding.
  • Options
    That's because the left are in a cult. They only beleive what the lib MSM tells them what to think. They hate the constitution.  And when they don't get their way, you hear them crying about the SCOTUS and pack the court. Then they are absolutely shocked and kicked in the teeth when they don't get the results their cult told them is true. Rinse and repeat. The left are so dumb. Illinois was the dumbest on this one. Up there with CO. FJB!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,684

He ordered a riot.  Better?

BTW, it was not "incredibly illegal". It was a  grey area in the Amendment.  Now we have a ruling.  The SCOTUS is there to settle such disagreements. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,934

some. some on the left.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    I love it how the MAGAs come out of the woodwork here to thoroughly harass liberals at every little turn.
    Carpe diem, MAGAs, while you can.  :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,673
    Funny thing is, is that it was a repub who was the plaintiff in the Colorado suit. But you know, libs, the ultimate chaos agents.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

some. some on the left.
    Keith Olberman is still around? Who knew? And BlackKnight, JoJoFromJerz and Jena are evidence of the liberal left meltdown? Good lord, at least throw out AOC, Talib or Brandon. Random twat handles are hardly evidence of the “left meltdown.” But I suppose so if you rely on your socials for the basis of your reality.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,682

Ask him not me man. I am not a trump spokesperson.  If it were up to me both him and joe would not be the candidates...no one asked me though.

I am commenting on how the left is melting down about a ruling that should not have been unexpected.  Most leftists should be cognizant of the fact that what colorado tried was incredibly illegal and recognizing this as the correct ruling...which many are not really understanding.
    “The left” isn’t having a meltdown. You’re seeing a handful of social media accounts get amplified by popular right wingers in order to portray the left as unhinged. This tactic started with Sean Hannity early in Obama’s presidency and it’s carried over to the right wing internet echo chamber. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,682
    That's because the left are in a cult. They only beleive what the lib MSM tells them what to think. They hate the constitution.  And when they don't get their way, you hear them crying about the SCOTUS and pack the court. Then they are absolutely shocked and kicked in the teeth when they don't get the results their cult told them is true. Rinse and repeat. The left are so dumb. Illinois was the dumbest on this one. Up there with CO. FJB!
    Constitution has a capital C
  • Options
    WOW! LOOK AT THIS MELTDOWN!!!!!

Biden campaign: ‘We don’t really care’ about Supreme Court ruling

President Biden’s reelection campaign is downplaying the Supreme Court’s decision Monday to keep Donald Trump on Colorado’s primary ballots.

“We don’t really care,” Quentin Fulks, principal deputy campaign manager, told MSNBC Monday afternoon, while on a program hosted by former White House press secretary Jen Psaki. “It’s not been the way we’ve been planning to beat Donald Trump. Our focus since day one of launching this campaign has been to defeat Donald Trump at the ballot box.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/03/04/live-2024-election-campaign/

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,935
    You have to remember too that keystones of conservatism is to rely on appeals to authority and hierarchy, so their projection is that everyone else does that too.  They ain't the independent thinky types.

Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    WOW! LOOK AT THIS MELTDOWN!!!!!

Biden campaign: ‘We don’t really care’ about Supreme Court ruling

President Biden’s reelection campaign is downplaying the Supreme Court’s decision Monday to keep Donald Trump on Colorado’s primary ballots.

“We don’t really care,” Quentin Fulks, principal deputy campaign manager, told MSNBC Monday afternoon, while on a program hosted by former White House press secretary Jen Psaki. “It’s not been the way we’ve been planning to beat Donald Trump. Our focus since day one of launching this campaign has been to defeat Donald Trump at the ballot box.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/03/04/live-2024-election-campaign/

A wise move in keeping the focus where it belongs!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    😂😂 says the spokesman for the MAGA cult that goes around waving their flags and dressing up as the stars & stripes how quickly you forget all those downtown parades of cars & pickups with their Trumpollini flags remember those? I’ve yet to see one car or pick up with a Biden flag ever! 
  • Options

We will...if he makes it there after his convicitions

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,903

First of all, you didn't fix anything for me.  I meant to write a certain sentence and I did.  

My point was that grouping an entire group of people together as a single minded individual is what gets people into a lot of trouble.  So there are unscholarly people posting BS online... what else is new?  

Anyway, I have always been under the mindset is you get what you vote for, so anyone still interested in Trump will have to live the results.  

severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    I don't think there is anyone in the universe that didn't see this 0-9 decision coming. It was very apparent after the hearing and the arguments presented by the liberal justices made perfect sense. How can one state possibly be allowed to determine a federal election based on removing a candidate from the ballot?

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    It was probably the right decision. Plus it at least shows that some justices aren't making their decisions based on their feelings about one polarizing figure. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin