GOP

Comments

• i am not seeing how christie voters will end up supporting haley in the end. christie attracts a certain kind of voter. haley says slavery was not a major factor in the civil war. i have a very hard time believing that anybody hardcore in the christie camp would vote for such a person. i think they are more likely to stay home.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    i am not seeing how christie voters will end up supporting haley in the end. christie attracts a certain kind of voter. haley says slavery was not a major factor in the civil war. i have a very hard time believing that anybody hardcore in the christie camp would vote for such a person. i think they are more likely to stay home.
    I'm thinking they will only because it's an anti-tRump vote. At least in the primary.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    i am not seeing how christie voters will end up supporting haley in the end. christie attracts a certain kind of voter. haley says slavery was not a major factor in the civil war. i have a very hard time believing that anybody hardcore in the christie camp would vote for such a person. i think they are more likely to stay home.
    I'm thinking they will only because it's an anti-tRump vote. At least in the primary.
    Agreed
    www.myspace.com
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    The Haley/Slavery issue is just one of the reasons I hate the primaries.  In order to win the primaries you have to cater to the fringe....and then in order to win the general election you need the middle.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • i am not seeing how christie voters will end up supporting haley in the end. christie attracts a certain kind of voter. haley says slavery was not a major factor in the civil war. i have a very hard time believing that anybody hardcore in the christie camp would vote for such a person. i think they are more likely to stay home.
    The Haley/Slavery issue is just one of the reasons I hate the primaries.  In order to win the primaries you have to cater to the fringe....and then in order to win the general election you need the middle.  
    i think she kind of lost the middle to this point in the primaries. its still 10 months out, but i still think it is trump's nomination to lose. and even if he stays off of the ballot in colorado and maine he still gets the nom.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    i think she kind of lost the middle to this point in the primaries. its still 10 months out, but i still think it is trump's nomination to lose. and even if he stays off of the ballot in colorado and maine he still gets the nom.
    You are most likely correct. Sad state of affairs. The damage done to this party has been catastrophic 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    The primaries are stupid, and this just gets highlighted by starting with Iowa and New Hampshire. NH is such an oddball political outlier where Haley et al. know she may be Trump if they’re head to head. Then if she does win, all the media will drive the point that Trump is beatable. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,743
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Maga loves them some election fraud. 
    www.myspace.com
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    You are most likely correct. Sad state of affairs. The damage done to this party has been catastrophic 
    catastrophic is a good word for it. there needs to be two viable parties in a two party system. one party of unserious people with an unserious platform is just brutal for our system of government.

i never thought i would see the day that the grand old party would become what it is. my grandfather is probably rolling over in his grave.

The primaries are stupid, and this just gets highlighted by starting with Iowa and New Hampshire. NH is such an oddball political outlier where Haley et al. know she may be Trump if they’re head to head. Then if she does win, all the media will drive the point that Trump is beatable. 
    if we must go through the primary process, the least we could do is make a different state the first primary every primary season.

i hate the fact that a bunch of candidates have to spend 2 months in iowa trying to get votes from a bunch of people that are not representative of the majority of the country. imagine all the time and money that gets wasted for 30% of candidates that do not make it out of iowa.

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    if we must go through the primary process, the least we could do is make a different state the first primary every primary season.

i hate the fact that a bunch of candidates have to spend 2 months in iowa trying to get votes from a bunch of people that are not representative of the majority of the country. imagine all the time and money that gets wasted for 30% of candidates that do not make it out of iowa.

In general I find it a sad state of affairs that elections have to be such a money game. Elections are so much more stress-free in other countries.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,301
    mickeyrat said:
    Imagine living in a state with a governor like that? Well, pretty soon it’ll be a nation with a POTUS like that.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

who couldnt see this coming....
    https://apnews.com/article/vivek-ramaswamy-ends-2024-presidential-campaign-4b794ed3fbb41cc7f2a6a95d20458843   Vivek Ramaswamy suspends his 2024 Republican presidential bid and endorses rival Donald Trump

Vivek Ramaswamy suspends his 2024 Republican presidential bid and endorses rival Donald Trump
    By BILL BARROW
    Just now

Biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy suspended his bid for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination on Monday and endorsed former President Donald Trump after a disappointing finish in Iowa’s leadoff caucuses.

Ramaswamy, a 38-year-old political novice who sought to replicate Trump’s rise as a bombastic, wealthy outsider, said, "As of this moment we are going to suspend this presidential campaign. There’s no path for me to be the next president absent things that we don’t want to see happen in this country.”

During the campaign, he needled his opponents but praised Trump as “the best president of the 21st century.” He argued, though, that Republicans should opt for “fresh legs” and “take our America First agenda to the next level.”

The approach, including his call for “revolution,” vaulted Ramaswamy into the mix of candidates vying to overtake Trump — or at least become a viable alternative. His decision to drop out, though, becomes the latest confirmation that the former president, even at 77 years old and under multiple criminal indictments, still dominates Republican politics and remains the overwhelming favorite to win the GOP nomination for the third consecutive time.

Ramaswamy’s failure also affirms how difficult it is for any Republican other than Trump to push the bounds of party orthodoxy, as the first-time candidate found little political reward for positions such as his opposition to aid for Israel and Ukraine.

The son of Indian immigrants, Ramaswamy entered politics at the highest level after making hundreds of millions of dollars at the intersection of hedge funds and pharmaceutical research, a career he charted and built while graduating from Harvard University and then Yale Law School. He brought to his campaign the same brash approach he used to coax money from investors even when the drugs he touted never made it to the market.

mickeyrat said:
    who couldnt see this coming....
    https://apnews.com/article/vivek-ramaswamy-ends-2024-presidential-campaign-4b794ed3fbb41cc7f2a6a95d20458843   Vivek Ramaswamy suspends his 2024 Republican presidential bid and endorses rival Donald Trump

Vivek Ramaswamy suspends his 2024 Republican presidential bid and endorses rival Donald Trump
    By BILL BARROW
    Just now

Biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy suspended his bid for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination on Monday and endorsed former President Donald Trump after a disappointing finish in Iowa’s leadoff caucuses.

Ramaswamy, a 38-year-old political novice who sought to replicate Trump’s rise as a bombastic, wealthy outsider, said, "As of this moment we are going to suspend this presidential campaign. There’s no path for me to be the next president absent things that we don’t want to see happen in this country.”

During the campaign, he needled his opponents but praised Trump as “the best president of the 21st century.” He argued, though, that Republicans should opt for “fresh legs” and “take our America First agenda to the next level.”

The approach, including his call for “revolution,” vaulted Ramaswamy into the mix of candidates vying to overtake Trump — or at least become a viable alternative. His decision to drop out, though, becomes the latest confirmation that the former president, even at 77 years old and under multiple criminal indictments, still dominates Republican politics and remains the overwhelming favorite to win the GOP nomination for the third consecutive time.

Ramaswamy’s failure also affirms how difficult it is for any Republican other than Trump to push the bounds of party orthodoxy, as the first-time candidate found little political reward for positions such as his opposition to aid for Israel and Ukraine.

The son of Indian immigrants, Ramaswamy entered politics at the highest level after making hundreds of millions of dollars at the intersection of hedge funds and pharmaceutical research, a career he charted and built while graduating from Harvard University and then Yale Law School. He brought to his campaign the same brash approach he used to coax money from investors even when the drugs he touted never made it to the market.

All you need to know about this POS.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    I get the weather played a role but fuck. all that effort, wasted money, wasted airtime for 110,00 people to make  a decision. less than 10% of my county ffs  laughable.

mickeyrat said:
    I get the weather played a role but fuck. all that effort, wasted money, wasted airtime for 110,00 people to make  a decision. less than 10% of my county ffs  laughable.

You ought to be rounding down there. 109,000.

Brilliantati©

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834

Yep, we should have 3 primaries on the same day in different regions.  

Republican party is just abysmal.   
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Vivek out...endorses tRump
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    "Around 66 percent of Iowa caucus-goers say they believe Biden’s win in the last election was illegitimate, while 29 percent say it was legitimate, according to the polls. Despite the numbers, allegations of voter fraud have been widely disproven."

https://thehill.com/elections/4410854-almost-two-thirds-iowa-caucusgoers-biden-not-legitimate-2020/

Goddamn scary how idiots out wandering around think.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024