Options

GOP

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,379
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Kat said:

but it has put in him leadership  at an institution of higher education.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,662
    mickeyrat said:
    After the musical debacle, does this even matter? 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,471
    mickeyrat said:
    She’s a man beater 😂😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

well, there's "assault" then there's assault. you know what I mean?

• Options
    The entire GOP is a howling moral vacuum. 

• Options

• Options
    There are rumblings that the GOP is ready to move on from Mike Johnson, because of course they are. 

We all need to vote republican in the fall to stop this Democrat induced chaos. 
  • Options

• Options
    gift article

Opinion | Why impeaching Mayorkas would violate the Constitution
    Opinion by Joshua Matz and Norman Eisen
    January 09, 2024 at 18:19 ET
    Joshua Matz, a partner at Kaplan Hecker & Fink LLP, served as counsel to the House Judiciary Committee for both impeachments and trials of President Donald Trump. Norm Eisen was special counsel to President Barack Obama and special counsel to the House Judiciary Committee for the first Trump impeachment and trial.
    House Republicans appear poised to rush through a partisan impeachment of Alejandro Mayorkas, the secretary of Homeland Security. They do not allege corrupt, abusive or criminal conduct; they accuse him merely of poor judgment, believing he could better use his legal authority and enforcement discretion to safeguard the southern border.
    Whatever the wisdom of Mayorkas’s policy decisions, the claim that he should be impeached is indefensible as a matter of constitutional law.
    In designing the U.S. Constitution, the framers adapted the impeachment power from England, but made several key changes. Parliament had historically impeached royal ministers for “maladministration” — for bad policy or poor performance in office. The framers rejected that vision. For impeachments of “the President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States,” they instead required proof of egregious malfeasance: “Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

continues.. .

• Options
    Republican governors in 15 states reject summer food money for kids   https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/01/10/republican-governors-summer-lunch-program/ 

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,780
    Would be a good thing to have Hunter testify publicly so we can all hear it. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    That was hilarious that he showed up there today. The only thing that would have been better would be if he heckled them from his seat. I'm glad he left before the troglodyte got to speak.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    edited January 10
    So Christie dropping out paves way to Haley to potentially win New Hampshire now. There are rumors that dope from Florida might follow suit after he gets blown out next week. 

We might have a legit race on our hands folks. I wonder if Trump would have the balls to debate Haley one on one...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    So Christie dropping out paves way to Haley to potentially win New Hampshire now. There are rumors that dope from Florida might follow suit after he gets blown out next week. 

We might have a legit race on our hands folks. I wonder if Trump would have the balls to debate Haley one on one...
    i doubt haley will win nh. this is trump's to lose.

imagine desantis having go to back to florida and be governor again. he has been an absentee for months.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    I am a fairly new American. I guess I caught a bad streak of them. Am I considering to ever vote for a republican in my life?

Not my fault. They brought it on for themselves.

• Options

i doubt haley will win nh. this is trump's to lose.

imagine desantis having go to back to florida and be governor again. he has been an absentee for months.
    Haley is the longest of long shots. Of course it is Trump's to lose. Christie bowing out now makes it easier for her and that's why he did it. He's not endorsing Trump lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    It sounded like he was egging Haley on to disavow trump. He sounds more like he may endorse Biden than anyone else.
  • Options
    It sounded like he was egging Haley on to disavow trump. He sounds more like he may endorse Biden than anyone else.
    Yep.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,000
    Yep.
    That ain’t happening. Chris wants a future in politics unless he plans on being a pundit. It’s either grovelling for a POOTWH Administration job or running for Mendez’s seat in the senate, of which requires the POOTWH base. It’s that or writing wills, closing real estate transactions and arguing in divorce court in Joisey. That’s death warmed over after working in the White House.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Yep.
    That ain’t happening. Chris wants a future in politics unless he plans on being a pundit. It’s either grovelling for a POOTWH Administration job or running for Mendez’s seat in the senate, of which requires the POOTWH base. It’s that or writing wills, closing real estate transactions and arguing in divorce court in Joisey. That’s death warmed over after working in the White House.
    Lol. Jesus Christ.

He is not endorsing Biden either. Although it sounds like he's a whole lot closer to that than endorsing Trump. 

You were wrong. Face it.

Had he ultimately wanted Trump to win he would have stayed in the race. He did the right thing, whether you are man enough to admit or not. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yep.
    Lol. Jesus Christ.

He is not endorsing Biden either. Although it sounds like he's a whole lot closer to that than endorsing Trump. 

You were wrong. Face it.

Had he ultimately wanted Trump to win he would have stayed in the race. He did the right thing, whether you are man enough to admit or not. 
    Hell of a ringing endorsement there Chris. Nice way to "support" POOTWH. You can be fooled by Chris, that's fine. He's not honest nor a "straight shooter" and will jump at the opportunity to serve POOTWH. A lot of time between now and January 20th, 2025 for him to grovel and kiss the ring. Audition #1:

Moments before ending his 2024 presidential campaign at a New Hampshire town hall, former New Jersey governor Chris Christie was caught on a hot mic saying GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley will “get smoked” in the primary race.

Christie was speaking about how much he and other Republican candidates, including Haley and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, have spent on advertisements during the 2024 campaign cycle.

“She spent $68 million so far,” Christie said. “And we spent 12. I mean, who’s punching above their weight and who’s getting a return on their investment?”

“She’s going to get smoked, you and I both know,” he added. “She’s not up to this.”

Christie, 61, also said that a “petrified” DeSantis had called him, but the audio cut before he could finish that comment.

Christie, a former U.S. attorney who served as governor of New Jersey from 2010 to 2018, did not immediately endorse any of his former competitors upon leaving the race Wednesday. He has been the leading critic of former president Donald Trump on the campaign trail and, during a town hall on Tuesday, said that he would happily get out of the way “for somebody if they actually were going against Donald Trump.”

“I’ve said from the beginning that if I didn’t see a path to winning, that I would get out,” he said Tuesday.

Shortly after the Christie hot mic moment went viral online, DeSantis posted about Christie’s comments on social media.

“I agree with Christie that Nikki Haley is ‘going to get smoked,’ ” DeSantis wrote. However, he made no reference to Christie’s description of him as “petrified.”

Earlier Wednesday, before Christie suspended his campaign, DeSantis had called the former New Jersey governor and expressed gratitude for his role in the race, according to a person familiar with the call who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation. The person said Christie also ridiculed Haley to DeSantis during that phone call, a detail first reported by NBC News.

This was Christie’s second campaign for the presidency after he unsuccessfully sought the GOP nomination in 2016. After dropping out of the race that year, Christie swiftly endorsed Trump, despite the two men trading bitter attacks through the primary, and later was named head of Trump’s transition team.

Christie, however, would eventually become one of Trump’s most vocal Republican critics — calling him “a failure on policy and a failure on character” — and said his focus in this year’s race was to prevent Trump from holding office again. Christie clashed with other GOP opponents for not being willing to criticize Trump directly because they knew it was politically inconvenient.

“Maybe it’s because they have future aspirations. Maybe those future aspirations are now or maybe they’re four years from now,” Christie said at the fourth Republican presidential primary debate last month. “But the fact of the matter is, the truth needs to be told. … [Trump] is unfit to be president.”

Christie has largely focused his attacks on Trump during the previous GOP debates and avoided criticizing Haley directly on stage. He did come to Haley’s defense at the most recent GOP debate, after entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy belittled Haley’s time in the Trump administration as a “cup-of-coffee stint at the U.N.”

“Look, if you want to disagree on issues, that’s fine,” Christie said. “And Nikki and I disagree on some issues, but I’ll tell you this: I’ve known her for 12 years, which is longer than [Ramaswamy] even started to vote in the Republican primary. And while we disagree about some issues … we don’t disagree on this. This is a smart, accomplished woman.”

Chris Christie caught on hot mic, says Nikki Haley is will get ‘smoked’ - The Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Yep.
    Lol. Jesus Christ.

You were wrong. Face it.

Hell of a ringing endorsement there Chris. Nice way to "support" POOTWH. You can be fooled by Chris, that's fine. He's not honest nor a "straight shooter" and will jump at the opportunity to serve POOTWH. A lot of time between now and January 20th, 2025 for him to grovel and kiss the ring. Audition #1:

Moments before ending his 2024 presidential campaign at a New Hampshire town hall, former New Jersey governor Chris Christie was caught on a hot mic saying GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley will “get smoked” in the primary race.

Christie was speaking about how much he and other Republican candidates, including Haley and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, have spent on advertisements during the 2024 campaign cycle.

“She spent $68 million so far,” Christie said. “And we spent 12. I mean, who’s punching above their weight and who’s getting a return on their investment?”

“She’s going to get smoked, you and I both know,” he added. “She’s not up to this.”

Christie, 61, also said that a “petrified” DeSantis had called him, but the audio cut before he could finish that comment.

Christie, a former U.S. attorney who served as governor of New Jersey from 2010 to 2018, did not immediately endorse any of his former competitors upon leaving the race Wednesday. He has been the leading critic of former president Donald Trump on the campaign trail and, during a town hall on Tuesday, said that he would happily get out of the way “for somebody if they actually were going against Donald Trump.”

“I’ve said from the beginning that if I didn’t see a path to winning, that I would get out,” he said Tuesday.

Shortly after the Christie hot mic moment went viral online, DeSantis posted about Christie’s comments on social media.

“I agree with Christie that Nikki Haley is ‘going to get smoked,’ ” DeSantis wrote. However, he made no reference to Christie’s description of him as “petrified.”

Earlier Wednesday, before Christie suspended his campaign, DeSantis had called the former New Jersey governor and expressed gratitude for his role in the race, according to a person familiar with the call who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation. The person said Christie also ridiculed Haley to DeSantis during that phone call, a detail first reported by NBC News.

This was Christie’s second campaign for the presidency after he unsuccessfully sought the GOP nomination in 2016. After dropping out of the race that year, Christie swiftly endorsed Trump, despite the two men trading bitter attacks through the primary, and later was named head of Trump’s transition team.

Christie, however, would eventually become one of Trump’s most vocal Republican critics — calling him “a failure on policy and a failure on character” — and said his focus in this year’s race was to prevent Trump from holding office again. Christie clashed with other GOP opponents for not being willing to criticize Trump directly because they knew it was politically inconvenient.

“Maybe it’s because they have future aspirations. Maybe those future aspirations are now or maybe they’re four years from now,” Christie said at the fourth Republican presidential primary debate last month. “But the fact of the matter is, the truth needs to be told. … [Trump] is unfit to be president.”

Christie has largely focused his attacks on Trump during the previous GOP debates and avoided criticizing Haley directly on stage. He did come to Haley’s defense at the most recent GOP debate, after entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy belittled Haley’s time in the Trump administration as a “cup-of-coffee stint at the U.N.”

“Look, if you want to disagree on issues, that’s fine,” Christie said. “And Nikki and I disagree on some issues, but I’ll tell you this: I’ve known her for 12 years, which is longer than [Ramaswamy] even started to vote in the Republican primary. And while we disagree about some issues … we don’t disagree on this. This is a smart, accomplished woman.”

Chris Christie caught on hot mic, says Nikki Haley is will get ‘smoked’ - The Washington Post

So...what? She likely will get smoked. Guy is being honest. He basically said the same thing at his speech shortly thereafter. At least someone now has somewhat of a chance against Trump as a result of him dropping out.

You keep flailing with this issue and it is sad. If he wanted to support whoever pootwhah is (assuming Trump) he would've stayed in the race to cipher votes away from someone who had a better chance. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,012
    Yep.
    Lol. Jesus Christ.

You were wrong. Face it.

So...what? She likely will get smoked. Guy is being honest. He basically said the same thing at his speech shortly thereafter. At least someone now has somewhat of a chance against Trump as a result of him dropping out.

You keep flailing with this issue and it is sad. If he wanted to support whoever pootwhah is (assuming Trump) he would've stayed in the race to cipher votes away from someone who had a better chance. lol
    I’m not sure how much of a shot any Republican contender other than Trump actually has at becoming the Republican nominee, assuming that Trump hasn’t been ruled ineligible (something I don’t think is likely when Trump’s strategy is to delay and the DOJ will be more and more apprehensive about acting as the election draws nearer). Once all of that is settled, it seems pretty damn obvious that Christie’s anti-Trump rhetoric, and Trump being a very small man, will give Christie exactly zero opportunity to work with Trump moving forward. To think otherwise betrays everything we know about Trump.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Yep.
    Lol. Jesus Christ.

You were wrong. Face it.

I’m not sure how much of a shot any Republican contender other than Trump actually has at becoming the Republican nominee, assuming that Trump hasn’t been ruled ineligible (something I don’t think is likely when Trump’s strategy is to delay and the DOJ will be more and more apprehensive about acting as the election draws nearer). Once all of that is settled, it seems pretty damn obvious that Christie’s anti-Trump rhetoric, and Trump being a very small man, will give Christie exactly zero opportunity to work with Trump moving forward. To think otherwise betrays everything we know about Trump.
    Trump is most likely going to win. No doubt about it.

But suggesting Christie dropping out is a way to support Trump is downright foolish and a gross miscalculation of what is actually happening. He dropped out to give Haley a shot. She can win New Hampshire, after that, who knows. Maybe Desantis drops out next week and her odds improve a little further. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,012
    benjs said:
    Yep.
    Lol. Jesus Christ.

You were wrong. Face it.

But suggesting Christie dropping out is a way to support Trump is downright foolish and a gross miscalculation of what is actually happening. He dropped out to give Haley a shot. She can win New Hampshire, after that, who knows. Maybe Desantis drops out next week and her odds improve a little further. 
    No disagreement there. I’m with you that Christie’s actions clearly suggest a desire to avoid Trump in office. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Yep.
    Lol. Jesus Christ.

You were wrong. Face it.

Yeah both of those guys should be backing Haley big time. That's their only shot at serving an administration at least in the near future and possibly for the rest of their careers.

Haley definitely has momentum now even though she has made some ridiculous gaffes. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    Yep.
    Lol. Jesus Christ.

You were wrong. Face it.

No disagreement there. I’m with you that Christie’s actions clearly suggest a desire to avoid Trump in office. 
    Yeah I loved Christie's "fight" but he knows that the best anti-tRump stance right now is to back Haley. He is contradicting himself otherwise.