Options

GOP

Comments

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    A carpetbagger, you don’t say? Someone oughta ask Maggie Three Names how she feels about that.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828
    Nikki Haley is disqualified in my mind. Her answer on the Civil War is a total disgrace. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    mrussel1 said:
    Nikki Haley is disqualified in my mind. Her answer on the Civil War is a total disgrace. 
    one would think that a former governor of SOUTH CAROLINA, THE BIRTHPLACE OF TREASON, would know the real reason. but i digress...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    A carpetbagger, you don’t say? Someone oughta ask Maggie Three Names how she feels about that.
    how can this easily be changed? does she have to move away from Rifle?

this is what happens when people are deeply unpopular. hopefully people in the 4th will be reminded of the "handy of destiny" every day leading up to the election and vote accordingly.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,662
    edited December 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    She said the following in her 2011 inaugural address: 

"Of course, when talking about our past, it would be wrong to mention our greatness during the revolutionary period without noting the ugliness of much that followed. The horrors of slavery and discrimination need not be retold here. They too remain a part of our history and a part of the fabric of our lives."

https://awpc.cattcenter.iastate.edu/2017/03/21/inaugural-address-jan-12-2011/

What changed in the last 13 years where she doesn't want to say the word slavery? It went from "a part of the fabric of our lives" to not even worth mentioning. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    edited December 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    one would think that a former governor of SOUTH CAROLINA, THE BIRTHPLACE OF TREASON, would know the real reason. but i digress...
    She knows. She just doesn't have the spine to insult millions of racist Trump supporters...which, you can argue is even worse.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

"Of course, when talking about our past, it would be wrong to mention our greatness during the revolutionary period without noting the ugliness of much that followed. The horrors of slavery and discrimination need not be retold here. They too remain a part of our history and a part of the fabric of our lives."

What changed in the last 13 years where she doesn't want to say the word slavery? It went from "a part of the fabric of our lives" to not even worth mentioning. 
    It starts with T and rhymes with rump. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828
    mrussel1 said:

I thought the statement above was made after she made a similarly squishy statement about the War previously.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I thought the statement above was made after she made a similarly squishy statement about the War previously.  
    Maybe that was included due to a prior conversation / gaffe. (it's almost worded as if that's the case, so you could be on to something) 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

what changed? maga, and the maga snowflakes that refuse to admit the reason.

• Options
    i'm gonna laugh if she still ends up losing somehow.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,379
    mickeyrat said:

this is what happens when people are deeply unpopular. hopefully people in the 4th will be reminded of the "handy of destiny" every day leading up to the election and vote accordingly.

not sure if its Co specific or national but at least in Co you dont have to live in the district. Just have to be in state.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

not sure if its Co specific or national but at least in Co you dont have to live in the district. Just have to be in state.....

I think she is moving despite not having to do so. Either way, it's such an insult to people who live in both districts. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Nikki Haley acknowledges Civil War ‘about slavery’ after facing backlash  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/12/28/nikki-haley-slavery-civil-war-cause-answer/ 

Nikki Haley acknowledges Civil War ‘about slavery’ after facing backlash
    By Meryl Kornfield and Maegan Vazquez
    December 28, 2023 at 11:02 ET
    Nikki Haley on Thursday acknowledged the Civil War was “about slavery,” after facing swift criticism for making no mention of it when asked about the cause of the conflict at a town hall.
    “Of course the Civil War was about slavery. We know that. That’s the easy part of it,” the Republican presidential candidate said on “The Pulse of NH,” a local radio show.
    “I want to nip it in the bud. Yes, we know the Civil War was about slavery. But more than that, what’s the lesson in all this?” she added. “That freedom matters. And individual rights and liberties matter for all people. That’s the blessing of America. That was a stain on America when we had slavery. But what we want is never relive it. Never let anyone take those freedoms away again.”
    Scholars agree slavery was the main driver of the Civil War. But Haley, a former U.N. ambassador and South Carolina governor, did not mention it in a lengthy exchange Wednesday evening.
    Haley on Thursday also accused the man who asked her the question at Wednesday’s event of being a Democratic plant. The audience member who asked the question declined to share his name or party affiliation with reporters at the event.
    “What was the cause of the United States Civil War?” the man asked Haley on Wednesday evening in Berlin, N.H.
    She replied, “Well, don’t come with an easy question.” Then she proceeded to answer.
    “I think the cause of the Civil War was basically how government was going to run, the freedoms and what people could and couldn’t do,” Haley said.
    “I think it always comes down to the role of government and what the rights of the people are,” Haley added. “And I will always stand by the fact that I think government was intended to secure the rights and freedoms of the people. It was never meant to be all things to all people. Government doesn’t need to tell you how to live your life. They don’t need to tell you what you can and can’t do. They don’t need to be a part of your life.”
    The questioner expressed surprise at Haley’s response. She also faced swift criticism from President Biden and others.
    At a town hall in North Conway on Thursday, Bill Anderson, who plans to vote for Haley and has donated to her campaign, sat in a crowded high school library, expecting to hear more from Haley about the role slavery played in the start of the Civil War. He read about her answer from the night before and said he didn’t hold it against her that she left out mentioning slavery.
    “I don’t expect her to be perfect,” he said.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    mickeyrat said:
    Nikki Haley acknowledges Civil War ‘about slavery’ after facing backlash  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/12/28/nikki-haley-slavery-civil-war-cause-answer/ 

Nikki Haley acknowledges Civil War ‘about slavery’ after facing backlash
    By Meryl Kornfield and Maegan Vazquez
    December 28, 2023 at 11:02 ET
    Nikki Haley on Thursday acknowledged the Civil War was “about slavery,” after facing swift criticism for making no mention of it when asked about the cause of the conflict at a town hall.
    “Of course the Civil War was about slavery. We know that. That’s the easy part of it,” the Republican presidential candidate said on “The Pulse of NH,” a local radio show.
    “I want to nip it in the bud. Yes, we know the Civil War was about slavery. But more than that, what’s the lesson in all this?” she added. “That freedom matters. And individual rights and liberties matter for all people. That’s the blessing of America. That was a stain on America when we had slavery. But what we want is never relive it. Never let anyone take those freedoms away again.”
    Scholars agree slavery was the main driver of the Civil War. But Haley, a former U.N. ambassador and South Carolina governor, did not mention it in a lengthy exchange Wednesday evening.
    Haley on Thursday also accused the man who asked her the question at Wednesday’s event of being a Democratic plant. The audience member who asked the question declined to share his name or party affiliation with reporters at the event.
    “What was the cause of the United States Civil War?” the man asked Haley on Wednesday evening in Berlin, N.H.
    She replied, “Well, don’t come with an easy question.” Then she proceeded to answer.
    “I think the cause of the Civil War was basically how government was going to run, the freedoms and what people could and couldn’t do,” Haley said.
    “I think it always comes down to the role of government and what the rights of the people are,” Haley added. “And I will always stand by the fact that I think government was intended to secure the rights and freedoms of the people. It was never meant to be all things to all people. Government doesn’t need to tell you how to live your life. They don’t need to tell you what you can and can’t do. They don’t need to be a part of your life.”
    The questioner expressed surprise at Haley’s response. She also faced swift criticism from President Biden and others.
    At a town hall in North Conway on Thursday, Bill Anderson, who plans to vote for Haley and has donated to her campaign, sat in a crowded high school library, expecting to hear more from Haley about the role slavery played in the start of the Civil War. He read about her answer from the night before and said he didn’t hold it against her that she left out mentioning slavery.
    “I don’t expect her to be perfect,” he said.

a democratic plant with a softball question...yeah right
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    & it's a valid one. 

These aren't even subtle dog whistles; they are blatantly appealing to white supremacists; trump is literally using language from Mein Kampf and people are still trying to argue both sides are the same. 

Our nation is so fucked. 
  • Options
    & it's a valid one. 

These aren't even subtle dog whistles; they are blatantly appealing to white supremacists; trump is literally using language from Mein Kampf and people are still trying to argue both sides are the same. 

Our nation is so fucked. 
    Agreed. I'm a little surprised we haven't seem the usual suspects tin here try to bothsides this yet today
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

I think she is moving despite not having to do so. Either way, it's such an insult to people who live in both districts. 
    If I were in the current district, I'd feel a bit of pride about moving in the right direction.

If I was in the new district, I'd feel like she's using us to assure that she can continue to take her talk-show-based-persona to Washington. And also embarrassed that it will probably work.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

If I were in the current district, I'd feel a bit of pride about moving in the right direction.

If I was in the new district, I'd feel like she's using us to assure that she can continue to take her talk-show-based-persona to Washington. And also embarrassed that it will probably work.
    The attack ads will be stellar....her jerking that dude off at the play, etc.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,596
    edited December 2023
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

The story I read about her changing districts said the one she will be moving to voted in favor of Trump by 20% in 2020. They will embrace her as one of their own. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

I'd be pissed if I lived in her current district. I want the chance to evict her from her seat. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,738
    & it's a valid one. 

Our nation is so fucked. 
    Agreed. I'm a little surprised we haven't seem the usual suspects tin here try to bothsides this yet today
    I can stand in. 

Have you seen this picture of Hillary and Robert Byrd? Check and mate!
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

The story I read about her changing districts said the one she will be moving to voted in favor of Trump by 20% in 2020. They will embrace her as one of their own. 

with like 6 other primary candidates......

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,780