GOP

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Over under on Lerxst going for Trump '24?  Comments like "let the liberals ponder the meaning of their political ideologies as they support a people that has never shown any respect for democracy nor tolerance" really make me wonder.  I couldn't imagine living in a world where it was so easy to dehumanize an entire group of struggling people that have been forced into living in squalor.

This is where Internet forums are so difficult. I was referring to the liberal kids taking sides with a group of people who have never shown any respect for democracy or tolerance of people different from them. Is that factually incorrect? Are the majority of Muslims in the Middle East and Palestine  tolerant of LGBT, or other races or other religions ? Is there a known history of their tolerance of others? Is there a history where these peoples have shown a tolerance or even an interest in democracy? Maybe cooperman is wrong, and I shouldn’t have piggybacked on that sentiment.

A lot of that “squalor” can be directly tied to the second intifada, which would be a very lengthy discussion. Shortly stated, a lot of their economic depression can be directly tied to the failure by them to support Oslo. I know the reality is more complex.

I am not saying they should not be treated well and I am hopeful the ME quagmire can be improved for all.  I have repeatedly said on this forum peace needs to be negotiated and both sides need to give, but the first step is Palestine needs  to join its Arab neighbors in fully recognizing Israel’s right to peacefully exist. My hope is if any comments of mine are read, that it be interpreted within this context.

As far as trump 24, that’s a bit of a stretch. Thankfully Biden has been a very strong supporter of Israel, but as you likely know, the democratic base is much more complex than the gop who almost all blindly follow their leader. IMO Biden can not win without the support of the Jews and I read earlier ME people in Michigan are angry at Biden.
    Thanks for the clarification.  The let the liberals... remark really had me wondering where you were heading.  Definitely an easy statement to be misconstrued.

Funny, Palestine Authority/Fatah HAS recognized Israels right to exist, have they not?
    Along with a lack of acknowledgement of the role Rabin’s assassination and Bibi’s exploitation of the schism between Fatah and Hamas has played in the history from the 2nd intifada to today. Bibi, and by extension, Israeli voters, miscalculated manipulating that schism the way the Israelite government did. Some might call it “blowback.”
    And the victims of the massacre had no role in any of those things.  Therefore they aren't defensible "reasons".
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• My boy Santos will run for reelection and win, watch...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    My boy Santos will run for reelection and win, watch...
    He's going to be in jail. 

• URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763

Don’t forget to get out there and make your opinions known.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    URthekey said:

Don’t forget to get out there and make your opinions known.
    I did 👍
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

• mickeyrat said:
    Hilarious....after last night I'm wondering if the GOP debate will focus on tRump tonight. I hope they all rip him to shreds.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    I think yesterday shows the repubs should stick with xenophobia, homophobia and racism in order to “engage” their base. they thought “right to life” would dovetail nicely but, by and large, the base doesn’t much care.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    https://www.rawstory.com/feed-school-children/ TN Republican argues federal funds to feed schoolchildren should be performance-tested David Badash, The New Civil Rights Movement November 8, 2023 5:11AM ET BeLoud Share TN Republican argues federal funds to feed schoolchildren should be performance-testedTN Republican argues federal funds to feed schoolchildren should be performance-tested Hungry child eating bread (Shutterstock)  A Tennessee Republican state lawmaker is arguing federal funds to feed school children from low-income families should not be accepted unless it can be proven that the program will increase test scores.  GOP Rep. John Ragan, who has a history of targeting school students from low-income households, told the legislature’s Joint Working Group on Federal Education Funding he was concerned about “tying ourselves to the federal government,” and inquired about the amount of “waste” in the federal program, according to a video clip posted by The Tennessee Holler. The Working Group’s purpose is to determine how the State of Tennessee can reject $1.8 billion in federal education funds.  “The question that is, in the top of my mind, is how – we get this money that’s supposedly aimed at the most needy students and the lowest performing students. What’s the measure of improvement? For this money coming in? How much has it improved the performance of these students?  Rep. Ragan also claimed, “if we are tying ourselves to the federal government by accepting their money to do this thing, then it would seem to me that we as a state should be looking for the improvements that this money is purportedly going to make. Otherwise we’re just throwing money at something and being potentially wasteful.”  READ MORE: ‘Ho Hum That’s Just America’: Top Dem Furious Over Report of Man With AR-15 Near US Capitol  “Yesterday,” Ragan continued, referring to a prior meeting, “a question was addressed concerning the nutrition program related to the waste that’s involved in that. To my knowledge, there is no measurement of that waste.”  Tennessee is exploring becoming the first state in the nation to reject $1.8 billion in federal education funding.

• Wobbie said:
    I think yesterday shows the repubs should stick with xenophobia, homophobia and racism in order to “engage” their base. they thought “right to life” would dovetail nicely but, by and large, the base doesn’t much care.
    Have you shared this with an Editor?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    edited November 2023
    Wobbie said:
    I don't know. Moms for Liberty candidates had a bad night. American conservatives complain about inflation, which actually impacts peoples' lives. And what do they run on? Anti-wokeness.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited November 2023
    Nice to see some school boards near me that swung maga last time after the covid stuff, resoundingly go back to the dems this time around despite being outspent. Most people in this country see through the maga culture war bullshit. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Antonin Scalia's daughter lost badly in her VA school board attempt.  So if you're a fan of school book bannings and hating on the queer community...sucks to be you today. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • OnWis97 said:
    Wobbie said:
    I don't know. Moms for Liberty candidates had a bad night. American conservatives complain about inflation, which actually impacts peoples' lives. And what do they run on? Anti-wokeness.
    Rick Wilson referred to Moms for Liberty as Klanned Karenhood. 

:D 

• I'm wondering if Pritzker's group was involved with the Indianapolis Mayoral race...there were some pretty intense ads against Shreve for Mayor.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

• Long Island is now RED.  I'm actually ok with that.  We don't have wackadoo republicans here sans Santos whom I love.
  • Long Island is now RED.  I'm actually ok with that.  We don't have wackadoo republicans here sans Santos whom I love.
    What do you love about him the most? 

I love how he got banned by gofundme for stealing donations he solicited to help a homeless veteran pay off veterinarian bills for his dying dog. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Long Island is now RED.  I'm actually ok with that.  We don't have wackadoo republicans here sans Santos whom I love.
    Bunch of white sneaker wearin' Islander fans.
    What do you love about him the most? 

I love how he got banned by gofundme for stealing donations he solicited to help a homeless veteran pay off veterinarian bills for his dying dog. 
    I love how stupid it is that he ever got elected and is thinking about running for reelection.

The amount of crap they dug up on him isnt surprising.  u cant fart without people knowing nowadays.