Options

Riots/Looting/Violence and general post-George Floyd madness

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JW269453 said:
    This is the new definition of peaceful, apparently we just need to get use to it. Anyway, I am sure they were all home by midnight so they would be well rested for work.
    Work. Haha. 
    Are y'all actually begrudging people for being out of a job during our current influx of crises?

I understand begrudging someone for committing random acts of violence, but this conversation just took a pretty callous turn.
    Absolutely not begrudging anyone for being out of work.  My comments make no mention of employment.  Do I begrudge those that loot, commit random acts of violence and shout "wake up motherfu%@er" to people trying to sleep, all while hiding behind the guise of peaceful protestors?  Yes, I do.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    edited August 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    cutz said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Disgusting deplorable humans.  Too bad the driver was not carrying...pretty sure he would have been justified in using deadly force against the vile shitheads that were attacking him.
    Yea. It’s disgusting. 
    Hope the perps there are identified and then tackled and beaten unconscious by the police that they are rioting against.

Excellent!  Hope they make an example out of him.  His life does not matter.

BREAKING: Marquise Lee Love, the violent Portland BLM suspect filmed kicking Adam Haner in the head, has been arrested. He's charged w/felony assault in the second degree, felony coercion and felony riot. #PortlandRiots #PortlandMugshots #BlackLivesMatter
    http://archive.vn/oGRWO

Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited August 2020
    cutz said:
    PJPOWER said:
    cutz said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Disgusting deplorable humans.  Too bad the driver was not carrying...pretty sure he would have been justified in using deadly force against the vile shitheads that were attacking him.
    Yea. It’s disgusting. 
    Hope the perps there are identified and then tackled and beaten unconscious by the police that they are rioting against.

Excellent!  Hope they make an example out of him.  His life does not matter.

BREAKING: Marquise Lee Love, the violent Portland BLM suspect filmed kicking Adam Haner in the head, has been arrested. He's charged w/felony assault in the second degree, felony coercion and felony riot. #PortlandRiots #PortlandMugshots #BlackLivesMatter
    http://archive.vn/oGRWO

Good!  
    Ironically and kinda sadly in some ways, because of his dipshit behavior, he probably will not be able to even vote.  In Oregon, you cannot vote while incarcerated from what I’ve briefly read (correct me if I’m wrong).  Talk about undermining your efforts...what a loser deplorable.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Chris Cornell’s statue in Seattle was vandalized, confirmed by the MoPOP museum and his wife. 

The fuck?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited August 2020
    hedonist said:
    Chris Cornell’s statue in Seattle was vandalized, confirmed by the MoPOP museum and his wife. 

The fuck?
    Ridiculous

Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    hedonist said:

The fuck?

Terrible. 

The Jimi Hendrix statue on Capitol Hill was vandalized in 2013.    People that do that sort of thing are the detritus of the human species. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,813
    hedonist said:

The fuck?

Losers. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited August 2020
    A kid graffitied my fence, should I post a picture of that here too? I'm outraged.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,652
    dignin said:
    A kid graffited my fence, should I post a picture of that here too? I'm outraged.
    But you should be afraid. Be very, very afraid.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignin said:
    A kid graffited my fence, should I post a picture of that here too? I'm outraged.
    But you should be afraid. Be very, very afraid.
    Why shouldn’t people be? I don’t understand the point of downplaying the crime surge in certain major cities. Well, I do understand it politically speaking. But it is what it is. I live in NYC. Why shouldn’t I be more aware, more careful and slightly afraid? 
  • Options
    dignin said:
    A kid graffitied my fence, should I post a picture of that here too? I'm outraged.
    Sure let’s see it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    hedonist said:

The fuck?
    Ridiculous

Stupid, but I’m not surprised 
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Was my post somehow irrelevant to the thread?

Yeah, some of this shit makes me sick. How shocking. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:

Some people get very defensive with this stuff. They take it as an attack on the left. Which is baffling. Again, not really sure when violence and breaking the law became political.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    nicknyr15 said:
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:

Some people get very defensive with this stuff. They take it as an attack on the left. Which is baffling. Again, not really sure when violence and breaking the law became political.
    You know if this was done by some racist group ... this thread would have grown by 17 pages of outrage.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I don’t know who is responsible for that particular example of “some people just have to be assholes”. I said nothing about politics, so not sure why that would’ve been inferred.

Ah well. 
  • Options

Looks like the offender used similar spray paint, maybe it's the same perp.

If you're afraid of someone spray painting a statue across the country from where you live, imagine the fear I live in when this was done to my fence!

Lowest of the low, hope they find the thugs, lock them up and throw away the key.

I will now proceed to yell at clouds as they float by.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    nicknyr15 said:
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:

It offends those who like to minimize it and pretend it doesn’t exist. Like the gov. of Washington when asked about CHAZ.
    Why anyone wants to pretend it’s not going on I can’t figure out.  But people being dragged out of cars and beaten unconscious and shootings up near 50% in some cities seems like a big deal to me. Not sure why someone would like to poke fun at others for discussing it.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:

It offends those who like to minimize it and pretend it doesn’t exist. Like the gov. of Washington when asked about CHAZ.
    Why anyone wants to pretend it’s not going on I can’t figure out.  But people being dragged out of cars and beaten unconscious and shootings up near 50% in some cities seems like a big deal to me. Not sure why someone would like to poke fun at others for discussing it.
    Who is poking fun at others for discussing violence?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    edited August 2020
    If your comments weren’t satire, then most would accuse you of being racist for calling them thugs. 
    But we all know they were. Making fun of those upset about a statue on the other side of the country, saying you hope they lock up those thugs, then say you’re going to watch clouds. It was all in the spirit of poking fun at those angered at the violence and disruption.
    At least that’s how it came across to me.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    dignin said:

If you're afraid of someone spray painting a statue across the country from where you live, imagine the fear I live in when this was done to my fence!

Lowest of the low, hope they find the thugs, lock them up and throw away the key.

Probably white supremacists, hence the white spray-paint. They likely did this to you and the Cornell statue so people assume it’s BLM. Devious. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    dignin said:

Probably white supremacists, hence the white spray-paint. They likely did this to you and the Cornell statue so people assume it’s BLM. Devious. 
    Yes. That is an AMT approved conspiracy theory. 
  • Options
    dignin said:

Am I in bizarro world? Did I say something about fear when I mentioned the statue?

i’m disgusted by it, much as I am with similar shit done that affects others. 

It seems like you’re playing some game, though. Have fun?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    If your comments weren’t satire, then most would accuse you of being racist for calling them thugs. 
    But we all know they were. Making fun of those upset about a statue on the other side of the country, saying you hope they lock up those thugs, then say you’re going to watch clouds. It was all in the spirit of poking fun at those angered at the violence and disruption.
    Spray painting a statue (or fence) isn't a violent act.

Equating acts of vandalism to acts of violence minimizes real victims of violence. As a victim of real violence, I could find it offensive. I don't, I just find it lazy and stupid.

You guys need to gain a little perspective or this thread is in danger of becoming a parody.

• Options
    dignin said:

Can you decipher it? Maybe it's a death threat? Should I start carrying a gun while mowing my lawn?
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:

Equating acts of vandalism to acts of violence minimizes real victims of violence. As a victim of real violence, I could find it offensive. I don't, I just find it lazy and stupid.

You guys need to gain a little perspective or this thread is in danger of becoming a parody.
    Well as a victim of violence, I would think you’d condemn the assault of the poor guy in Portland. But you haven’t said anything about that. Instead you make a snarky reply about the post about the Cornell statue. And yes, that’s not violent to paint on a statue. It’s maybe even a stretch to file it under “general madness” from the thread title. But it’s still scumbags being scumbags. The same type of people that vandalize are often the type of people that loot, assault, etc. Plus many of us are Chris Cornell fans. So why shouldn’t we complain about his statue being defaced? If I was a fan of you or your fence, I’d complain about that too. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Maybe everyone should chill and just ask, "Tell me what can a poor boy do/ 'Cept for sing for a rock 'n' roll band?"

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:

Well as a victim of violence, I would think you’d condemn the assault of the poor guy in Portland. But you haven’t said anything about that. Instead you make a snarky reply about the post about the Cornell statue. And yes, that’s not violent to paint on a statue. It’s maybe even a stretch to file it under “general madness” from the thread title. But it’s still scumbags being scumbags. The same type of people that vandalize are often the type of people that loot, assault, etc. Plus many of us are Chris Cornell fans. So why shouldn’t we complain about his statue being defaced? If I was a fan of you or your fence, I’d complain about that too. 
    Go ahead and complain, it just has an old man yells at clouds vibe to it. Nobody got hurt, the statue will even be fine, just needs a good pressure washing. Should be nothing for anyone to get upset about, same as my fence. You call it snark, I call it humour.
  • Options
    Also, I don't think spraying graffiti on public things makes someone a scumbag. It's pretty harmless. We were all young once and did stupid shit. Unless of course it's using language or symbols of hate, that's in a different category. 
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Also, I don't think spraying graffiti on public things makes someone a scumbag. It's pretty harmless. We were all young once and did stupid shit. Unless of course it's using language or symbols of hate, that's in a different category. 

Matter of opinion I guess, but if it's a public place, that makes it mine as well as yours and what right do you (the general "you", not the specific you) have to deface it?  People with no respect for themselves or others are the kind of people who do that kind of thing.  Sounds pretty scummy to me. 

This discussion has been closed.