Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 827
    Ridiculous they are charging full price.  Somebody is profiting off of our TBD future show ticket money sitting there collecting interest.  Everyone who bought tickets should be able to at least be in a lottery to win the right to buy one of these at cost, plus S/H.  
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    more of both nashville and phoenix are back up on artillery 
  • Options
    AZDAZD AZ Posts: 32
    +1 Phoenix   
    Thanks Brad!
  • Options
    dschifrin said:
    +1 Phoenix   
    Thanks Brad!
    Same. Thanks Brad!
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,943
    Go get them!
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    deweildeweil Posts: 245
    Ok, so am I right in thinking:
    All St Louis prints were sold - first the APs, then the 10C/SEs, yesterday
    Were MSG/Apollo sold here or only AP?
    Today, both Klausens (Nash/Phx) Bailey Race (Ottawa) and Byous (Hamilton) 
    Ames AP went on sale but not 10C/SE(?)
    Later this week - MSG (Mumford) and...Oklahoma, Toronto, SD, Quebec, Oakland...

And the cities that were not previewed (2nd night Oakland, LA etc) were never printed/will be sold later?

Am I missing anything?

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,069
    +1 Nashville. Love it. Thank you @bradklausen
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,376
    edited August 2020
    deweil said:
    Ok, so am I right in thinking:
    All St Louis prints were sold - first the APs, then the 10C/SEs, yesterday
    Were MSG/Apollo sold here or only AP?
    Today, both Klausens (Nash/Phx) Bailey Race (Ottawa) and Byous (Hamilton) 
    Ames AP went on sale but not 10C/SE(?)
    Later this week - MSG (Mumford) and...Oklahoma, Toronto, SD, Quebec, Oakland...

And the cities that were not previewed (2nd night Oakland, LA etc) were never printed/will be sold later?

Am I missing anything?

Baltimore. Sold by Ames on Monday.
    Edit: Nevermind, I see Ames, but not the city.
    Edit 2: Hamilton and St. Louis both went on sale here on Monday.
    Post edited by Travelar on
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,549
    KM73780 said:
    Darn I was hoping to catch Nashville on the cart purge haha. Happy to have one of the two. 
    Back up! +1 Nash 
  • Options
    Thank You Brad. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options

Both still up after nearly 15m. Must have been quite a few stuck in carts.
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,069
    SHZA said:
    KM73780 said:
    Darn I was hoping to catch Nashville on the cart purge haha. Happy to have one of the two. 
    Back up! +1 Nash 
    I just happened to check Brad’s site and there it was so I grabbed one! Then I saw here that he mentioned more were available. So that’s cool. Lucky that I happened to check again. 
  • Options
    Travelar said:

bout 50 of both...! 
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:
    So whats the difference on the poster page between 10C and SE then?  I've seen some with no drop down and now I believe all list "Tour" in the drop down.  So no dropdown = 10C?
    when they allocate the posters X amount are kept for 10c webstore sales and X amount are sent on tour to be sold at the venue.  Thats it.  It seems they are doing this for inventory purposes at 10c, no difference.
    Guess my questioning here is related to wanted to grab 2 of Baltimore.  One for me and one as a gift.  So, understand I can grab one at a time for each 10C and "general" just wondering how to discern when I can grab the 2nd.   
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:
    So whats the difference on the poster page between 10C and SE then?  I've seen some with no drop down and now I believe all list "Tour" in the drop down.  So no dropdown = 10C?
    when they allocate the posters X amount are kept for 10c webstore sales and X amount are sent on tour to be sold at the venue.  Thats it.  It seems they are doing this for inventory purposes at 10c, no difference.
    Guess my questioning here is related to wanted to grab 2 of Baltimore.  One for me and one as a gift.  So, understand I can grab one at a time for each 10C and "general" just wondering how to discern when I can grab the 2nd.   

The general one has a drop down in the product description that says "Tour."

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672

Can't wait to appreciate these in person 'from a different perspective'.

Thanks again, Brad.

• Options
    okay, think they are all spoken for now.... thanks everyone for being patient with the site....sorry if you had a frustrating checkout.... am glad the cart system holds up though even when people have errors checking out and the posters stay there so people can log out and log in and not lose them (until the purge) 
  • Options
    Travelar said:
    PSUS2H said:

The general one has a drop down in the product description that says "Tour."

Got ya.  Thats what I was figuring.  Thank you all much.  

Long time fan but newish 10C member this year so just trying to figure out the semantics. 
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Travelar said:

bout 50 of both...! 
    I like that I don't have to freak out typing once I have one of your posters in my cart. I don't feel like I have a shot of getting most A/P posters when they go up for sale, but I always do with your website Brad.  Thanks.

09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,606
    okay, think they are all spoken for now.... thanks everyone for being patient with the site....sorry if you had a frustrating checkout.... am glad the cart system holds up though even when people have errors checking out and the posters stay there so people can log out and log in and not lose them (until the purge) 
    Congrats on the sell out!! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,365
    Brad - Curious here (and I'm sure it's been asked before) but why don't more artists shift to a checkout method like yours? Seems like there are so many artists that have oversells or cases where a person can cart a poster and then have it say "sold out" once you click complete order. Your checkout process is top of the line - I guess I'm just more shocked that others don't move to that system.
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 412
    Anyone notice that the Baltimore and msg that didn’t drop yet are the ones that have variants 
  • Options
    Got ya.  Thats what I was figuring.  Thank you all much.  

Long time fan but newish 10C member this year so just trying to figure out the semantics. 
    No worries. This is not a typical scenario and the only time I have seen this setup. Post tour sales are usually what they have on hand (10C stock plus whatever they have leftover). That said, I'm not sure how things will be for a the next actual tour since the shopify back-end is a new component.
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 415
    edited August 2020
    RD101189 said:
    Travelar said:

bout 50 of both...! 
    I like that I don't have to freak out typing once I have one of your posters in my cart. I don't feel like I have a shot of getting most A/P posters when they go up for sale, but I always do with your website Brad.  Thanks.

that was the idea...to make it so people could cart a poster and not have to panic to check out... keeps the poster in the cart and allows people to go get another poster or two if they want without fear of losing what they carted....i have not had much experience with it myself, but every time I hear people say they had a poster in their cart but lost it because they did not check out fast enough, I always feel like that is messed up... feel like once a customer (on any site) carts something, it should stay there, and not get snagged out by someone faster....makes me think of this Patrice O'Neal bit about typing... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PBtEPiPlrQ
    Post edited by bradklausen on
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    edited August 2020
    Apologies @santoslhalper... thanks for all you do. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Brad - Curious here (and I'm sure it's been asked before) but why don't more artists shift to a checkout method like yours? Seems like there are so many artists that have oversells or cases where a person can cart a poster and then have it say "sold out" once you click complete order. Your checkout process is top of the line - I guess I'm just more shocked that others don't move to that system.
    I don't want to speak for Brad, but I think that his setup is a little unique in the fact that it looks like he manages everything on his own. With that, comes issues like dealing with payment processors, but more flexibility. Most other artists seem to be affiliated with a back-end that is designed to sell things. With this, comes a bit more stability and less management overhead, but not as much control. Just my 2 cents as someone that works in technology.
    Post edited by Travelar on
  • Options
    MH56465MH56465 Posts: 30

Not that he needs to protect Mumford, those will go in a hot second I'm sure.

More like 0.12 seconds...
  • Options
    I had my site custom built back in 2007/08.... I had them add a few features specific to poster sales / collectors.... I think most people use template stores, that are not customizable in this way. 

My site is archaic by modern technology standards, or the term that gets used "legacy" or "vintage" (always cracks me up something that is 10 years old or so is considered "legacy" or "vintage")..... but my site is LONG overdue to get brought up to 2020 standards... back in 07/08 phone/mobile use for shopping online was not what it is now.... and like you have to email me to change your password, instead of just beign able to change it yourself.... I have folks who help me with the site currently, and we've been discussing remodeling the site for a couple of years now... I just could never afford it... customizing a site ain't cheap... and was thinking after this sale I maybe could pony up some cash to give the site it's long over do reboot... but then started thinking about not having a job until most likely 2021 (well for concert posters which is all I focus on, can always shop around for non-poster design work)...and that I should maybe not make any big expense purchases until I can at least know concerts are happening again. Seems strange to me to drop a bunch of cash on my site, to sell posters, when I have no jobs lined up to make posters to sell... so have to wait and see how this bizarro landscape we all now live in unfolds 
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,365
    Travelar said:
    I don't want to speak for Brad, but I think that his setup is a little unique in the fact that it looks like he manages everything on his own. With that, comes issues like dealing with payment processors, but more flexibility. Most other artists seem to be affiliated with a back-end that is designed to sell things. With this, comes a bit more stability and less management overhead, but not as much control. Just my 2 cents as someone that works in technology.
    Interesting to hear. I certainly appreciate the perspective!