Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    okay, think they are all spoken for now.... thanks everyone for being patient with the site....sorry if you had a frustrating checkout.... am glad the cart system holds up though even when people have errors checking out and the posters stay there so people can log out and log in and not lose them (until the purge) 
    Brad - Curious here (and I'm sure it's been asked before) but why don't more artists shift to a checkout method like yours? Seems like there are so many artists that have oversells or cases where a person can cart a poster and then have it say "sold out" once you click complete order. Your checkout process is top of the line - I guess I'm just more shocked that others don't move to that system.
    I had my site custom built back in 2007/08.... I had them add a few features specific to poster sales / collectors.... I think most people use template stores, that are not customizable in this way. 

My site is archaic by modern technology standards, or the term that gets used "legacy" or "vintage" (always cracks me up something that is 10 years old or so is considered "legacy" or "vintage")..... but my site is LONG overdue to get brought up to 2020 standards... back in 07/08 phone/mobile use for shopping online was not what it is now.... and like you have to email me to change your password, instead of just beign able to change it yourself.... I have folks who help me with the site currently, and we've been discussing remodeling the site for a couple of years now... I just could never afford it... customizing a site ain't cheap... and was thinking after this sale I maybe could pony up some cash to give the site it's long over do reboot... but then started thinking about not having a job until most likely 2021 (well for concert posters which is all I focus on, can always shop around for non-poster design work)...and that I should maybe not make any big expense purchases until I can at least know concerts are happening again. Seems strange to me to drop a bunch of cash on my site, to sell posters, when I have no jobs lined up to make posters to sell... so have to wait and see how this bizarro landscape we all now live in unfolds 
    I dont know the rules for what you can sell and what PJ has rights to, but man I loved the towel. I even bought a in bag one of ebay for way too much when mine faded.
    If you can use any images youve used in the past for Towels, masks, stickers, I think youd make a killing.

And your cart while legacy, is my favorite too. It takes care of the customer, which seems lost on everyone else.
  • Options
    deweildeweil Posts: 245
    I agree with Brad - if you cart it, it should be there. I haven't bought anything on your site yet, but it's good to know it works this way!

• Options
    MH56465MH56465 Posts: 30
    RS65573 said:
    I dont know the rules for what you can sell and what PJ has rights to, but man I loved the towel. I even bought a in bag one of ebay for way too much when mine faded.
    If you can use any images youve used in the past for Towels, masks, stickers, I think youd make a killing.

And your cart while legacy, is my favorite too. It takes care of the customer, which seems lost on everyone else.
    I'd actually be interested to see post-show shirts with the poster on the front and set-list on the back.  Demand would be hard to judge on them, but they could do pre-orders to limit the overstock. Margins on shirts aren't that great so probably why it's not done. heck, they could even bundle it with a bootleg pre-order to generate more cash flow up front as well. 
  • Options
    deweildeweil Posts: 245
    Travelar said:
    deweil said:
    Ok, so am I right in thinking:
    All St Louis prints were sold - first the APs, then the 10C/SEs, yesterday
    Were MSG/Apollo sold here or only AP?
    Today, both Klausens (Nash/Phx) Bailey Race (Ottawa) and Byous (Hamilton) 
    Ames AP went on sale but not 10C/SE(?)
    Later this week - MSG (Mumford) and...Oklahoma, Toronto, SD, Quebec, Oakland...

And the cities that were not previewed (2nd night Oakland, LA etc) were never printed/will be sold later?

Am I missing anything?

Baltimore. Sold by Ames on Monday.
    Edit: Nevermind, I see Ames, but not the city.
    Edit 2: Hamilton and St. Louis both went on sale here on Monday.
    Baltimore Ames sold on here on Monday or just AP?
    Wow, Hamilton went up Monday and is still available, whereas St Louis is long gone. Interesting. I think it's nice but I actually like Hamilton more. 

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    @bradklausen hey man, the first poster I purchased from you years ago was Bridge School 2010 signed by both you and Ed.  Has there ever been discussions of him signing other prints with you or was this a specific situation?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    @bradklausen
    Thank you for caring so much! You’ve gone above and beyond to please all us (rabid) fans. It’s much appreciated. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    It really is appreciated. Having an artist who is as big a fan as we are is pretty cool.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    okay, think they are all spoken for now.... thanks everyone for being patient with the site....sorry if you had a frustrating checkout.... am glad the cart system holds up though even when people have errors checking out and the posters stay there so people can log out and log in and not lose them (until the purge) 
    Brad - Curious here (and I'm sure it's been asked before) but why don't more artists shift to a checkout method like yours? Seems like there are so many artists that have oversells or cases where a person can cart a poster and then have it say "sold out" once you click complete order. Your checkout process is top of the line - I guess I'm just more shocked that others don't move to that system.
    I had my site custom built back in 2007/08.... I had them add a few features specific to poster sales / collectors.... I think most people use template stores, that are not customizable in this way. 

My site is archaic by modern technology standards, or the term that gets used "legacy" or "vintage" (always cracks me up something that is 10 years old or so is considered "legacy" or "vintage")..... but my site is LONG overdue to get brought up to 2020 standards... back in 07/08 phone/mobile use for shopping online was not what it is now.... and like you have to email me to change your password, instead of just beign able to change it yourself.... I have folks who help me with the site currently, and we've been discussing remodeling the site for a couple of years now... I just could never afford it... customizing a site ain't cheap... and was thinking after this sale I maybe could pony up some cash to give the site it's long over do reboot... but then started thinking about not having a job until most likely 2021 (well for concert posters which is all I focus on, can always shop around for non-poster design work)...and that I should maybe not make any big expense purchases until I can at least know concerts are happening again. Seems strange to me to drop a bunch of cash on my site, to sell posters, when I have no jobs lined up to make posters to sell... so have to wait and see how this bizarro landscape we all now live in unfolds 

i have thought about branching out into other items... but then I think about having to have left over inventory...boxes of shirts or towels or what have you... and how you end up with lots of left over stuff.... say for instance shirts.... you can end up with a box full of double XXL or small shirts or just a box full of shirts that did not sell well.... it's just a bigger operation that requires more space, different types of shipping boxes, different types of handling the shipping on the site if someone buys a poster, which requires a tube, then some other item which maybe can't go in a tube or shouldn't go in a tube with a poster it could damage. 

there are plenty of my peers who manage it just fine though... Ames does awesome with their shirts...Todd Slater has shirts and pins and does great with that stuff..... both Ames and Slater though are artists with kids and have to hustle a lot harder to make sure their families are taken care of... I don't have kids, just me and my lady and our dogs and chickens... and for the most part I can survive on making just posters.... so a part of it is logistics, another part is me being lazy and not wanting to deal with those logistics.... and then there is part of me that just enjoys making posters.... not the best business model, and I bet my lady would rather I was more of a hustler.... every time I would go to flatstock or a poster show, I would see how other artists are far more business savvy and have stickers and shirts and post card sets and pins and self promotion.... I've just never been great at going after that stuff
  • Options
    I didnt say shirts for just that reason...but I see your point. Do what EMEK does. 100%
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:
    @bradklausen hey man, the first poster I purchased from you years ago was Bridge School 2010 signed by both you and Ed.  Has there ever been discussions of him signing other prints with you or was this a specific situation?
    I don't know....I only know from my own experience... I asked him to sign the posters we did for his 08 Chicago shows... I had done a few designs and he was not feeling them, but then threw out the idea of having the picasso statue in the wilderness where the bus was, and I think that is maybe the first time he used his calligraphy on a project too, (maybe?).... but since it was his concept and his writing / type treatment, it felt more like his poster then mine, so I asked if he would sign them, and he said yeah

so when I did the bridge school show, I asked if he wanted to do the lettering again, and he said yeah, so it was again kind of a collaboration and figured he should sign those too (plus i knew you guys would really dig it, so I was stoked when he agreed to do it)
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 415
    edited August 2020
    RS65573 said:
    I didnt say shirts for just that reason...but I see your point. Do what EMEK does. 100%
    you can always give the shirts to good will or something though, tough to have to eat that cost, but at least the clothing can be used....posters...those just become paper sitting around that you can't do anything with... Oh and I forgot about Emek... he has it all figured out.... all kinds of things...cool wood cuts, blankets..... Emek is a stud when it comes to carving out an existence as an artist... and a fun date, at TRPS last year I got to have tacos and then go to an absinthe bar then we went as saw once upon a time in hollywood the night it came out ( I sound like an excited little kid...then we played transformers, and jumped in the pool, and then watched pixar movies and had cake!)... but Emek has helpers too I believe... Jay Ryan years ago told me it was a waste of my time to roll and pack orders, I should just be creating and hire an intern or someone to pack orders... and I can never do it... I am not a control freak, but for some reason don't like the idea of having an employee 
    Post edited by bradklausen on
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    It really is appreciated. Having an artist who is as big a fan as we are is pretty cool.
    it was and continues to be a surreal trip to get to do work for pearl jam..... indio was my first show..... more shoes...shoes from my friends.... 

i did not lose my shoes that night, but did lose my shirt....had to go buy one to make up for it 
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    it was and continues to be a surreal trip to get to do work for pearl jam..... indio was my first show..... more shoes...shoes from my friends.... 

i did not lose my shoes that night, but did lose my shirt....had to go buy one to make up for it 
    still love watching this video...takes me right back to watching it live as a 16 year old in 92

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nm4LV-6Cxk
  • Options
    okay i think all the dust has settled... gonna stop monitoring this situation, seems like you all are good, and go take a shower... been sitting here since 8 trying to make sure this all worked out.... thanks to all you who bought a poster and all apologies to those of you who lost out and got frustrated with a check out issue..... hope you kids are all alright out there in this teenage wasteland.... (cut to the 13 sec mark of this video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-wc-nuIHlw

• Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 725
    Thanks Brad! Happy to have them both. 
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,249
    AP Klausens back up .. 

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,984
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    I love these Klausen posters. Can't believe they're still there. I just don't do posters and not of shows I didn't attend. I grabbed St. Louis as a year of the apocalypse reminder to show the kids....should we still have a planet. But these are the best Klausen posters I've seen. I love the colors. They remind me of the Sperry Sao Paulo. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    I agree with the comment above about the Klausen posters. SHOCKED these haven't sold out. They are going to look killer next to each other in good frames. The St.Louis poster sold out and it doesn't even compare. Weird, but to each their own. Looks like getting posters for these shows won't be as hard as everyone initially thought!
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 559
    BK is awesome 
    i would contribute to a crowdfunding to update his site
    am not a techie nor have I ever used his site, but we could help an awesome dude out, especially in these struggling time for artists 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Hey @bradklausen- spill the beans, when the shows happen again are you rehired for the same shows?  (I know you won’t tell us, but inquiring folks would love to know!)

also, nice work again, posters look great. you’re a cool shit and it’s always nice to have you on here chatting, gives us losers a different view of the world you’re in.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Hey @bradklausen if you wanted to branch into other merch AND not get left holding tons of inventory, do timed editions. Everything is pre bought and you only make/order/ship what is paid for.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 787
    As a poster fan, I love Brad’s “legacy” site.  The cart feature is awesome!  I think other artists should look into that customization or something like it for their respective sites. It is definitely fan friendly.  I get with the pandemic and all, the need to wait until more steady business returns before big expenditures now.  I had a Williams STL and an Ames Baltimore carted when the rug was pulled out from under me before I could complete check out.  Elation to sadness was near instantaneous.  I’m sure countless others had the same crushing experience.  Getting a show edition for STL slightly made up for the one and still hoping for a Balt show edition whenever those go up.  Just wanting something to level the playing field against “the bots” or whatever automatically carts and checks out faster than I blink.  
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,943
    Got my shipping notice for the STL AP.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    EB218946 said:
    That John J. Rambo poster - First Blood is Sick!  
    FIRST_BLOOD_RAMBO_dan_mumfordjpg

Mumford's movie posters are way better than his concert posters IMO... I couldn't resist grabbing this one when I saw it:

https://www.dan-mumford.com/#/star-wars-cloud-city/

nice. I have the run of 4 from Episode 7. Didn't put the connection together till he did the 2018 show prints, almost 3 years later. 
  • Options

Here is the original rough pencil drawing for the recent @pearljam . Also, there is a back side to the poster —-> to see that and some close ups of the printed poster.
    #pearljam #pencildrawing #silkscreen #art #illustration #denver #colorado #mountains #gigposter #mothernature #pollution

• Options

• Options
    Pearl Jam's 2020 Denver poster by Zeb Love on sale today Aug 13th @ 11am EST over @ https://shop.zeblove.com