Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,019
    Pearl Jam's 2020 NYC poster by Dan Mumford on sale today Aug 13th @ 12PM EST over @ https://www.dan-mumford.com/store

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,593
    Any info on Toronto sale yet?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,615
    dcp3y said:
    As a poster fan, I love Brad’s “legacy” site.  The cart feature is awesome!  I think other artists should look into that customization or something like it for their respective sites. It is definitely fan friendly.  I get with the pandemic and all, the need to wait until more steady business returns before big expenditures now.  I had a Williams STL and an Ames Baltimore carted when the rug was pulled out from under me before I could complete check out.  Elation to sadness was near instantaneous.  I’m sure countless others had the same crushing experience.  Getting a show edition for STL slightly made up for the one and still hoping for a Balt show edition whenever those go up.  Just wanting something to level the playing field against “the bots” or whatever automatically carts and checks out faster than I blink.  
    While the carting thing is great for fans , I can’t see other artists adding it to their shops.  Brad’s posters took hours to officially sell out because people had issues with the site and checking out. And even then copies were back up for sale last evening.  And if you read Brad’s last post he was basically exhausted from the whole process.  Compare that to other artists who have sites that allow for a complete sell out in less than a minute.  Why would you trade that for a whole day of site glitches and stress?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,019
    BLACK35 said:
    Any info on Toronto sale yet?
    One sale tomorrow. Not sure what time. 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    on2legs said:
    dcp3y said:
    As a poster fan, I love Brad’s “legacy” site.  The cart feature is awesome!  I think other artists should look into that customization or something like it for their respective sites. It is definitely fan friendly.  I get with the pandemic and all, the need to wait until more steady business returns before big expenditures now.  I had a Williams STL and an Ames Baltimore carted when the rug was pulled out from under me before I could complete check out.  Elation to sadness was near instantaneous.  I’m sure countless others had the same crushing experience.  Getting a show edition for STL slightly made up for the one and still hoping for a Balt show edition whenever those go up.  Just wanting something to level the playing field against “the bots” or whatever automatically carts and checks out faster than I blink.  
    While the carting thing is great for fans , I can’t see other artists adding it to their shops.  Brad’s posters took hours to officially sell out because people had issues with the site and checking out. And even then copies were back up for sale last evening.  And if you read Brad’s last post he was basically exhausted from the whole process.  Compare that to other artists who have sites that allow for a complete sell out in less than a minute.  Why would you trade that for a whole day of site glitches and stress?
    Commitment to customer service.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,977
    RS65573 said:
    okay, think they are all spoken for now.... thanks everyone for being patient with the site....sorry if you had a frustrating checkout.... am glad the cart system holds up though even when people have errors checking out and the posters stay there so people can log out and log in and not lose them (until the purge) 
    Brad - Curious here (and I'm sure it's been asked before) but why don't more artists shift to a checkout method like yours? Seems like there are so many artists that have oversells or cases where a person can cart a poster and then have it say "sold out" once you click complete order. Your checkout process is top of the line - I guess I'm just more shocked that others don't move to that system.
    I had my site custom built back in 2007/08.... I had them add a few features specific to poster sales / collectors.... I think most people use template stores, that are not customizable in this way. 

My site is archaic by modern technology standards, or the term that gets used "legacy" or "vintage" (always cracks me up something that is 10 years old or so is considered "legacy" or "vintage")..... but my site is LONG overdue to get brought up to 2020 standards... back in 07/08 phone/mobile use for shopping online was not what it is now.... and like you have to email me to change your password, instead of just beign able to change it yourself.... I have folks who help me with the site currently, and we've been discussing remodeling the site for a couple of years now... I just could never afford it... customizing a site ain't cheap... and was thinking after this sale I maybe could pony up some cash to give the site it's long over do reboot... but then started thinking about not having a job until most likely 2021 (well for concert posters which is all I focus on, can always shop around for non-poster design work)...and that I should maybe not make any big expense purchases until I can at least know concerts are happening again. Seems strange to me to drop a bunch of cash on my site, to sell posters, when I have no jobs lined up to make posters to sell... so have to wait and see how this bizarro landscape we all now live in unfolds 
    I dont know the rules for what you can sell and what PJ has rights to, but man I loved the towel. I even bought a in bag one of ebay for way too much when mine faded.
    If you can use any images youve used in the past for Towels, masks, stickers, I think youd make a killing.

And your cart while legacy, is my favorite too. It takes care of the customer, which seems lost on everyone else.
    RS65573 said:
    okay, think they are all spoken for now.... thanks everyone for being patient with the site....sorry if you had a frustrating checkout.... am glad the cart system holds up though even when people have errors checking out and the posters stay there so people can log out and log in and not lose them (until the purge) 
    Brad - Curious here (and I'm sure it's been asked before) but why don't more artists shift to a checkout method like yours? Seems like there are so many artists that have oversells or cases where a person can cart a poster and then have it say "sold out" once you click complete order. Your checkout process is top of the line - I guess I'm just more shocked that others don't move to that system.
    I had my site custom built back in 2007/08.... I had them add a few features specific to poster sales / collectors.... I think most people use template stores, that are not customizable in this way. 

My site is archaic by modern technology standards, or the term that gets used "legacy" or "vintage" (always cracks me up something that is 10 years old or so is considered "legacy" or "vintage")..... but my site is LONG overdue to get brought up to 2020 standards... back in 07/08 phone/mobile use for shopping online was not what it is now.... and like you have to email me to change your password, instead of just beign able to change it yourself.... I have folks who help me with the site currently, and we've been discussing remodeling the site for a couple of years now... I just could never afford it... customizing a site ain't cheap... and was thinking after this sale I maybe could pony up some cash to give the site it's long over do reboot... but then started thinking about not having a job until most likely 2021 (well for concert posters which is all I focus on, can always shop around for non-poster design work)...and that I should maybe not make any big expense purchases until I can at least know concerts are happening again. Seems strange to me to drop a bunch of cash on my site, to sell posters, when I have no jobs lined up to make posters to sell... so have to wait and see how this bizarro landscape we all now live in unfolds 
    I dont know the rules for what you can sell and what PJ has rights to, but man I loved the towel. I even bought a in bag one of ebay for way too much when mine faded.
    If you can use any images youve used in the past for Towels, masks, stickers, I think youd make a killing.

And your cart while legacy, is my favorite too. It takes care of the customer, which seems lost on everyone else.
    This takes me back Brad to what you and I spoke about so many times......figures. Toys. You would destroy it
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,977
    RS65573 said:
    on2legs said:
    dcp3y said:
    Lets be honest, how many artists come here and speak to the fanbase on the level Brad does, bringing some fun to proceedings and awesome insight. I can't honestly think of one. 
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    on2legs said:
    dcp3y said:
    No doubt.  He rocks it. 

I just question if other artists would be willing to deal with all the headaches. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 581
    Sorry if this has been asked but are all the posters going on sale at the 10c store the same day they go on sale at the artist website? Thank you 
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Some have but not all. Baltimore has not been dropped on 10c yet.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,552
    edited August 2020
    on2legs said:
    RS65573 said:
    on2legs said:
    dcp3y said:
    No doubt.  He rocks it. 

I just question if other artists would be willing to deal with all the headaches. 
    You're assuming that Brad's setup that allows time to complete checkout is only possible with a glitchy legacy system. But there are plenty of modern sites which will hold the item in your cart with a timer to complete checkout. Ticketmaster, front gate, some hotels, etc. They still have efficient sellouts without it being an all-day headache. That said, I don't know that it's necessarily a better system. People seem to think they would have a better chance beating the bots to the cart, but every ticketmaster drop there are a million people complaining that they could never get any tickets in their cart because of the damn bots and scalpers. But they wind up wasting an hour waiting to see if any more tickets became available from people who had them in their cart and failed to complete the checkout process. With most artist drops, at least you'll know if you struck out within about 30 seconds and can go on with your day. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    RS65573 said:
    on2legs said:
    dcp3y said:
    No doubt.  He rocks it. 

You're assuming that Brad's setup that allows time to complete checkout is only possible with a glitchy legacy system. But there are plenty of modern sites which will hold the item in your cart with a timer to complete checkout. Ticketmaster, front gate, some hotels, etc. They still have efficient sellouts without it being an all-day headache. That said, I don't know that it's necessarily a better system. People seem to think they would have a better chance beating the bots to the cart, but every ticketmaster drop there are a million people complaining that they could never get any tickets in their cart because of the damn bots and scalpers. But they wind up wasting an hour waiting to see if any more tickets became available from people who had them in their cart and failed to complete the checkout process. With most artist drops, at least you'll know if you struck out within about 30 seconds and can go on with your day. 
    Lets not forget that all those companies mentioned are million/billion dollar companies that have created their own unique infrastructure. Brad had his site built from the ground up and it probably cost him a good amount when he did it. The majority of artists and galleries use Shopify because that's the easiest to integrate to a website and manage sales. Shopify does not allow for cart hoarding. BigCartel used to be an option that allowed for cart hoarding but they have done away with it as well. So yes, it is awesome that Brad has this website but it is also not a feasible option for the majority of regular artists whether it be because of time, money, or both. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,552
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    RS65573 said:
    on2legs said:
    dcp3y said:
    No doubt.  He rocks it. 

Lets not forget that all those companies mentioned are million/billion dollar companies that have created their own unique infrastructure. Brad had his site built from the ground up and it probably cost him a good amount when he did it. The majority of artists and galleries use Shopify because that's the easiest to integrate to a website and manage sales. Shopify does not allow for cart hoarding. BigCartel used to be an option that allowed for cart hoarding but they have done away with it as well. So yes, it is awesome that Brad has this website but it is also not a feasible option for the majority of regular artists whether it be because of time, money, or both. 
    Understood, but it seems like Shopify or a competitor could integrate that feature without making it prohibitively expensive if there were demand for it. 
  • Options
    MR282891MR282891 Posts: 79
    demetrios said:
    Pearl Jam's 2020 NYC poster by Dan Mumford on sale today Aug 13th @ 12PM EST over @ https://www.dan-mumford.com/store

Has anyone gotten this link to work?  I know I have almost no shot at getting this as he only has about 100 but I can't even get on the guy's website to "F5" and take a shot at it.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    MR282891 said:
    demetrios said:

Has anyone gotten this link to work?  I know I have almost no shot at getting this as he only has about 100 but I can't even get on the guy's website to "F5" and take a shot at it.
    Works right away when I click it
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    Been working all week. Try a different device, or disable wifi...different connection.
  • Options
    MR282891MR282891 Posts: 79
    MR282891 said:
    demetrios said:

Works right away when I click it
    Strange.  Every browser/device I try it just spins out as if the site doesn't exist.
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,071
    Zeb Love has a lot of cool stuff but I don’t know if I’m feeling that Denver poster 
  • Options
    KM73780 said:
    Zeb Love has a lot of cool stuff but I don’t know if I’m feeling that Denver poster 
    I liked the 2018 much better too. I dont really get this one.
  • Options
    BA81514BA81514 Posts: 2
    KM73780 said:

Much agreed.  Denver is (was) my main concert and it's my least favorite so far.
    Boulder 1993 | Red Rocks 1995 | Denver 2003 | Denver 2006 (night 1) | Denver 2006 (night 2) | Oklahoma City 2013 | Denver 2014 |New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival 2016 | Seattle Home Show (night 2) 2018

• Options
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    RS65573 said:
    on2legs said:
    dcp3y said:
    No doubt.  He rocks it. 

Good point. 

• Options
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    RS65573 said:
    on2legs said:
    dcp3y said:
    No doubt.  He rocks it. 

Better point. 

• Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 656
    BA81514 said:
    KM73780 said:

Much agreed.  Denver is (was) my main concert and it's my least favorite so far.
    BA81514 said:
    KM73780 said:

don't even see it in store?
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,071
    BA81514 said:
    KM73780 said:

Baltimore was the one I had tickets to and I wasn’t too big on that one either 
  • Options
    BA81514BA81514 Posts: 2
    demetrios said:
    Pearl Jam's 2020 Denver poster by Zeb Love on sale today Aug 13th @ 11am EST over @ https://shop.zeblove.com

Looks like it's going up in 5 min.
    Boulder 1993 | Red Rocks 1995 | Denver 2003 | Denver 2006 (night 1) | Denver 2006 (night 2) | Oklahoma City 2013 | Denver 2014 |New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival 2016 | Seattle Home Show (night 2) 2018

• Options
    BA81514 said:
    demetrios said:
    Pearl Jam's 2020 Denver poster by Zeb Love on sale today Aug 13th @ 11am EST over @ https://shop.zeblove.com

still don't see it
  • Options
    Middle of page, under P.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,212
    Sold out quick
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    WhoDeyFanWhoDeyFan Columbus, Ohio Posts: 25
    epbadger said:
    BA81514 said:
    demetrios said:

still don't see it

Middle of the page....

----------------------------
    May 6, 2010 - Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
    May 9, 2010 - Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
    July 19, 2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    October 12, 2013 - First Niagara Center, Buffalo, NY
    October 1, 2014 - US Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH
    October 5, 2014 - Austin City Limits Music Festival, Austin, TX
    October 16, 2014 - Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI
    April 26, 2016 - Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
    June 11, 2016 - Bonnaroo Music Festival, Manchester, TN
    August 20, 2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    August 22, 2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    August 8, 2018 - Safeco Field,  Seattle, WA
    August 10, 2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle WA
    August 20, 2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    September 2, 2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA
    September 4, 2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

• Options
    epbadger said:
    BA81514 said:
    demetrios said:

still don't see it
    now I do! sold out