RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    SHZA said:
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    Here’s what’s frustrating for me:

Using OKC for example, if the show had happened, I’d have the potential to get the OKC poster along with just those there at the show. 
    Now, with with an online release, I’ve got to fight with everyone worldwide for the same poster. The fact that others now have the same access significantly diminishes my chances of getting the poster to the event that I actually had tickets to. 
    Frustrating, but I totally get it. Almost makes me want to jump in and purchase posters to other shows I wouldn’t have gone to so that if I miss out on OKC, I may have some trading equity. 
    Judging by how long Hamilton has been available and STL was available before selling out, you're not going to have to fight anyone to get an OKC poster if you want it. It'll be much easier than standing in line for hours at the arena. 
    Agreed. However, I was referring to the APs. My expectation is to purchase from the shop, but I still have my hopes up for one of the few s/n..
    No you weren't. The APs have never been sold at the venue. Always online drops where you're fighting with everyone worldwide. 
    Ames signed my acl PJ 2008 at the gig.  They had a tent.  
    That's a signed SE. Not an AP.
    There’s only one edition of that poster, it wasn’t sold anywhere else.  500, all signed by Ames at the show, no SE, they just call it the “1st edition” on ebeans 
    1st edition on ebeans is synonymous with show edition. 
    Again, I’ll take a pic so you can see- my portfolio is in storage since I’m moving soon- but I made a note on ebeans for myself that it’s signed “ap201/500”. Maybe they fucked up on mine though?

Traditionally, the AP versions are sold exclusively through the artist's website, and they are usually signed and / or numbered. The signature is what makes the difference.

It's not wrong to say APs aren't typically available at shows... your show was an outlier where the artist was there signing prints. His signature turned a SE into an AP.

Gotcha I understand. Makes me curious about pre-website shows then.  I know my 96’s aren’t signed I don’t think, but was there any such thing as an AP back in the day?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

Using OKC for example, if the show had happened, I’d have the potential to get the OKC poster along with just those there at the show. 
    Now, with with an online release, I’ve got to fight with everyone worldwide for the same poster. The fact that others now have the same access significantly diminishes my chances of getting the poster to the event that I actually had tickets to. 
    Frustrating, but I totally get it. Almost makes me want to jump in and purchase posters to other shows I wouldn’t have gone to so that if I miss out on OKC, I may have some trading equity. 
    Judging by how long Hamilton has been available and STL was available before selling out, you're not going to have to fight anyone to get an OKC poster if you want it. It'll be much easier than standing in line for hours at the arena. 
    Agreed. However, I was referring to the APs. My expectation is to purchase from the shop, but I still have my hopes up for one of the few s/n..
    No you weren't. The APs have never been sold at the venue. Always online drops where you're fighting with everyone worldwide. 
    There’s only one edition of that poster, it wasn’t sold anywhere else.  500, all signed by Ames at the show, no SE, they just call it the “1st edition” on ebeans 
    Again, I’ll take a pic so you can see- my portfolio is in storage since I’m moving soon- but I made a note on ebeans for myself that it’s signed “ap201/500”. Maybe they fucked up on mine though?

Traditionally, the AP versions are sold exclusively through the artist's website, and they are usually signed and / or numbered. The signature is what makes the difference.

It's not wrong to say APs aren't typically available at shows... your show was an outlier where the artist was there signing prints. His signature turned a SE into an AP.

Also, an FYI -that acl poster wasn’t sold with other merch, the Ames cowboy one I’m talking about was sold only at their table where they signed it when you bought it- we weren’t buying it at the merch tent and then bringing it over to them to sign, they made it specifically to sign/sell at their tent.  There was another Ames PJ poster from the same event that they weren’t signing it was sold at the merch tent.  Same show, 2 posters, one signed ap201/500, one not signed. Not sure what the hell any of that means, but I hadn’t seen it before and it was kinda weird.
  • Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    Crew said:
    Byous Hamilton show edition up in the shop
    Hi, I'm Yesterday.  Have we met?
    My bad, haven’t been following.  Tsurt posted that they were “just added” so was just passing along the info
    It's all good!  

Just trying to dissipate some of the anxiety from waiting all day on a "go/no-go" for a drop today, and getting radio silence!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    SHZA said:
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

Also, an FYI -that acl poster wasn’t sold with other merch, the Ames cowboy one I’m talking about was sold only at their table where they signed it when you bought it- we weren’t buying it at the merch tent and then bringing it over to them to sign, they made it specifically to sign/sell at their tent.  There was another Ames PJ poster from the same event that they weren’t signing it was sold at the merch tent.  Same show, 2 posters, one signed ap201/500, one not signed. Not sure what the hell any of that means, but I hadn’t seen it before and it was kinda weird.
    To make your point - if they're signing/numbering them in person vs. doing it in a studio and throwing it in a tube, I don't see the practical difference
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,654
    SHZA said:
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

Gotcha I understand. Makes me curious about pre-website shows then.  I know my 96’s aren’t signed I don’t think, but was there any such thing as an AP back in the day?

IDK, and in all honesty I should have said "It's my understanding that" instead of the word "traditionally".

I'm sure there are some people here who can clarify better than me.

• Options
    SHZA said:
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

Makes sense... you bought it directly from the artist; this lines up with my understanding of what an AP is.
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    Hmm so no Baltimore or MSG in the shop yet?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    People have gotten SE posters signed by the artist after the fact.  It doesn’t make them an AP.  Just a signed SE.  I know someone here recently posted a photo of a Munk One Pitt that they got signed at a convention.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 365
    Any news on the Hamilton poster drop? 

I kid I kid
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    People have gotten SE posters signed by the artist after the fact.  It doesn’t make them an AP.  Just a signed SE.  I know someone here recently posted a photo of a Munk One Pitt that they got signed at a convention.  
    I think a sign that that’s been done is there’s no #, just a sig 
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Sounds about right... the AP are the ones allotted to the artist to sell.

In this case, Role Models bought his on the spot from Ames and it was signed in person, rather than buying it from their website.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Sorry for the derail ya’ll...

Thread integrity: what’s being dropped today?!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    on2legs said:
    I think a sign that that’s been done is there’s no #, just a sig 
    Agreed. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,515
    edited August 2020
    SHZA said:
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

My understanding is that if the stack of 400 or however many were printed in the 1996-98 era didn't sell out at the venue, they were returned to the artist, signed and numbered, and then made available to 10c members. 
    SHZA said:
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

I have an AP x/200 of the other one, which is an RV. There was also an ACL festival poster by Ames with both SEs and APs. I believe the Shawn Kemp 2009 was a similar situation -- sold at the venue at a separate Ames table and S/N x/500. There was a 2nd poster for those shows that had the typical SE and AP version (surfing sasquatch was one). 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

My understanding is that if the stack of 400 or however many were printed in the 1996-98 era didn't sell out at the venue, they were returned to the artist, signed and numbered, and then made available to 10c members. 
    SHZA said:
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

I have an AP x/200 of the other one, which is an RV. There was also an ACL festival poster by Ames with both SEs and APs. I believe the Shawn Kemp 2009 was a similar situation -- sold at the venue at a separate Ames table and S/N x/500. There was a 2nd poster for those shows that had the typical SE and AP version (surfing sasquatch was one). 
    Right on, thanks for the info.  Shit’s confusing!  Didn’t mean to start shit, was just responding to the post saying AP’s were only sold online.  I think that’s correct, I just got an outlier I suppose!  
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,967
    Have they ever dropped prints this late in the day?
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Maybe they're waiting for all of Hamilton to be sold - buy 'em up everyone!
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    PB10037PB10037 Posts: 6
    Bought my Hamilton!  I guess I'm the only one who likes the art on that one...
  • Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    PB10037 said:
    I bought it too, I like it a lot
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,967
    PB10037 said:
    I think it's pretty sweet, not sure why people are hating on it. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    PB10037 said:
    I think it's pretty sweet, not sure why people are hating on it. 

Same... I love it.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    PB10037 said:
    I grabbed one. Your not the only one 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,752
    JB274988 said:
    Probably because they have alot of shipping too before the next ones are released 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,012
    Kearn5y said:
    JB274988 said:
    Probably because they have alot of shipping too before the next ones are released 
    That’s probably it, 10c must have thousands of posters to pack and ship already and there are plenty more to go
  • Options
    JV267526JV267526 Posts: 198
    edited August 2020
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

SHZA said:
    CopperTom said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

Right on, thanks for the info.  Shit’s confusing!  Didn’t mean to start shit, was just responding to the post saying AP’s were only sold online.  I think that’s correct, I just got an outlier I suppose!  
    There is some examples of show edition posters sold at the merch table that were signed and numbered, but they were not APs. The example that comes to mind is one of all time fav posters, which is the Hamilton 2005 poster by Brad Klausen. They were s/n /1050 and he had the APs which he sold online which were also s/n but out of /100.
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 365
    D-Rod said:
    PB10037 said:
    I grabbed one. Your not the only one 
    I grabbed one too. I only get posters to shows I've been to or in this case had tickets to. It's not my favourite but It's definitely not as bad as TO N1 2016 and I still bought that one. 
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    edited August 2020
    Have they ever dropped prints this late in the day?
    Good question. Not to my recollection. I have a bad memory tho
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    STONESIDESTONESIDE Posts: 37
    edited August 2020
    demetrios said:
    Baileys work is great. Check out the detail in his 'head and heart' print