Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,165
    Air23 said:
    is the silver foil Phoenix a variant of the regular poster on white paper?
    that is unfortunately a typo...there is no silver foil for phoenix, it is on white paper

I swore i changed that in the emai..... 
    @bradklausen we all know your posters are gonna end up on ebay for over inflated prices so you should be the one to make that cash!

Just charge $200 per print and call it a day. If they don't sell out, put them on ebay and let the market dictate.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    Odds they will hold NY posters until the end?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,235
    Yep. Everyone log off now.
  • Options
    405OK405OK Posts: 100
    on2legs said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    Here’s what’s frustrating for me:

Using OKC for example, if the show had happened, I’d have the potential to get the OKC poster along with just those there at the show. 
    Now, with with an online release, I’ve got to fight with everyone worldwide for the same poster. The fact that others now have the same access significantly diminishes my chances of getting the poster to the event that I actually had tickets to. 
    Frustrating, but I totally get it. Almost makes me want to jump in and purchase posters to other shows I wouldn’t have gone to so that if I miss out on OKC, I may have some trading equity. 
    Judging by how long Hamilton has been available and STL was available before selling out, you're not going to have to fight anyone to get an OKC poster if you want it. It'll be much easier than standing in line for hours at the arena. 
    Agreed. However, I was referring to the APs. My expectation is to purchase from the shop, but I still have my hopes up for one of the few s/n..
    A/P’s aren’t sold in the shop.  Only directly from the artist.  Those drops are always frantic and you’re always competing against the whole world for those posters.  
    Ahhhh..
    2013 - OKC
    2014 -Tulsa
    2016 - Chicago 1
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2021 - Ohana I Ohana Encore 1 & 2 
    2022 - Louisville I OKC
    2023 - Ft. Worth 1 & 2 I Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    KM73780 said:
    I love that some bozo posted St. Louis on eBay as “tour variant” 
    I saw that and thought the same thing.  Also crazy people are paying $100 plus over cost for a poster that is still for sale here.  
    Any actual sales at that price? I'd hope not 

Some of these prices are crazy. I know a lot of them that are listed are the artist edition, but still. And if you are reselling them so quickly you had no intention to keep them and you are just assuming they will sell. A gamble for postponed shows that no one actually went to.

Plus, what are some of these people doing? Right now on Ebay they are anywhere from $100 to $400. Who is offering it for $400 when there are plenty available on there for much less? I like selling stuff, and wouldn't resell posters because I know people really want them and can be hard to get (had a couple of my own crappy experiences), but how do you not at least take a look at the market and see if anyone even wants them?

Also, even though the St. Louis poster is the first to sell out, it took a while. Guessing most people who wanted one got one. Can't imagine there is a huge resale market for these. But who knows what people will buy.
  • Options
    405OK405OK Posts: 100
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

Using OKC for example, if the show had happened, I’d have the potential to get the OKC poster along with just those there at the show. 
    Now, with with an online release, I’ve got to fight with everyone worldwide for the same poster. The fact that others now have the same access significantly diminishes my chances of getting the poster to the event that I actually had tickets to. 
    Frustrating, but I totally get it. Almost makes me want to jump in and purchase posters to other shows I wouldn’t have gone to so that if I miss out on OKC, I may have some trading equity. 
    Judging by how long Hamilton has been available and STL was available before selling out, you're not going to have to fight anyone to get an OKC poster if you want it. It'll be much easier than standing in line for hours at the arena. 
    Agreed. However, I was referring to the APs. My expectation is to purchase from the shop, but I still have my hopes up for one of the few s/n..
    No you weren't. The APs have never been sold at the venue. Always online drops where you're fighting with everyone worldwide. 
    What’s this guys deal? So much disdain..
    2013 - OKC
    2014 -Tulsa
    2016 - Chicago 1
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2021 - Ohana I Ohana Encore 1 & 2 
    2022 - Louisville I OKC
    2023 - Ft. Worth 1 & 2 I Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    KM73780 said:
    I saw that and thought the same thing.  Also crazy people are paying $100 plus over cost for a poster that is still for sale here.  

Some of these prices are crazy. I know a lot of them that are listed are the artist edition, but still. And if you are reselling them so quickly you had no intention to keep them and you are just assuming they will sell. A gamble for postponed shows that no one actually went to.

Plus, what are some of these people doing? Right now on Ebay they are anywhere from $100 to $400. Who is offering it for $400 when there are plenty available on there for much less? I like selling stuff, and wouldn't resell posters because I know people really want them and can be hard to get (had a couple of my own crappy experiences), but how do you not at least take a look at the market and see if anyone even wants them?

Also, even though the St. Louis poster is the first to sell out, it took a while. Guessing most people who wanted one got one. Can't imagine there is a huge resale market for these. But who knows what people will buy.
    I think all those sales I posted are show editions. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    KM73780 said:

They're gambling.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    RedMosquitoSmile28RedMosquitoSmile28 Posts: 332
    edited August 2020
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    KM73780 said:

Most of the really expensive ones on eBay are artist editions, but they are still crazy. Is there a demand to pay that much for an artist print that unless you just love the artist has no sentimental value to almost everyone? The show ones going for $150 or $200? That took hours to sell out? They'll be lucky to get their money back. But I guess at $35 if someone bites its an OK gamble. The artist edition ones are a much bigger gamble.
    Post edited by RedMosquitoSmile28 on
  • Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Just so I'm clear, Balt didn't go up yet on 10C right?  Thanks.
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    KM73780 said:

Most of the really expensive ones on eBay are artist editions, but they are still crazy. Is there a demand to pay that much for an artist print that unless you just love the artist has no sentimental value to almost everyone? The show ones going for $150 or $200? That took hours to sell out? They'll be lucky to get their money back. But I guess at $35 if someone bites its an OK gamble.
    Yeah... my posting was about the show editions.  Specifically that people were paying over $100 for a poster still for sale here for $35. 

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    JB274988 said:
    ^^ Correct
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    Its no gamble at all if you love Pearl Jam or posters. I buy them all just about. I've sold a bunch too, definitely for more than I paid and traded for a bunch and have every show i've been to which I wouldnt sell. But lets be honest, over time, they are worth a lot more. I could sell them all and put in a pool.
  • Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    jjflash said:
    JB274988 said:
    ^^ Correct
    Thanks!
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,515
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:
    SHZA said:
    405OK said:

No you weren't. The APs have never been sold at the venue. Always online drops where you're fighting with everyone worldwide. 
    What’s this guys deal? So much disdain..
    No disdain bro. Just trying to help clear up your confusion. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    KM73780 said:

Most of the really expensive ones on eBay are artist editions, but they are still crazy. Is there a demand to pay that much for an artist print that unless you just love the artist has no sentimental value to almost everyone? The show ones going for $150 or $200? That took hours to sell out? They'll be lucky to get their money back. But I guess at $35 if someone bites its an OK gamble. The artist edition ones are a much bigger gamble.
    The artist editions were only $65 for the Williams, so not much of a gamble. They'll always fetch a higher price
  • Options
    Anyone who is not buying a Baltimore willing to grab one for me?  Is that allowed here?  

Want one for myself but would also like to gift one to a friend who was going to the show with me before it was cancelled.  Can venmo/paypal the cost as soon as they go up and then shipping to NJ as well.  Apologies if this isn't allowed here.  
  • Options
    Anyone who is not buying a Baltimore willing to grab one for me?  Is that allowed here?  

Want one for myself but would also like to gift one to a friend who was going to the show with me before it was cancelled.  Can venmo/paypal the cost as soon as they go up and then shipping to NJ as well.  Apologies if this isn't allowed here.  
    You can actually buy one of each of the "10c" allotment and the "Tour" allotment. The 10c go up first and then when those sell out the Tour versions go up.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    From Phantom City Creative .. 

"Stay tuned for news about a sale on Friday, August 14th for the BTAS TYGER TYGER and PEARL JAM TORONTO posters!"
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    KM73780 said:

The artist editions were only $65 for the Williams, so not much of a gamble. They'll always fetch a higher price
    You're right since the cost isn't too high out of pocket, but $400 out of the gate is kind of crazy. I think that makes people think that's what they are worth too and it makes the market stupid when they never sell. 

I am wondering about the demand for these since the shows never happened? Is it going to be strong because of that unique aspect or will no one really want them? Probably somewhere in the middle, but it will be interesting to watch.
  • Options
    SHZA said:

You can actually buy one of each of the "10c" allotment and the "Tour" allotment. The 10c go up first and then when those sell out the Tour versions go up.
    Oh perfect!  I did not know that.  Thank you for the heads up. 
  • Options
    All this said I fully intend to get them from the shows I was planning on attending! 
  • Options
    100 of anything Pearl Jam MSG is going to be worth money. Every time.
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    Sorry if it has already been said, but any idea which shows are going in the shop today?
  • Options
    Nope, no idea, if they follow yesterday, Baltimore and MSG at 3 and 3:30. If they dont....anyones guess.
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    RS65573 said:
    Nope, no idea, if they follow yesterday, Baltimore and MSG at 3 and 3:30. If they dont....anyones guess.
    Thanks

• Options
    RS65573 said:
    Well, they have said they are only releasing posters after artists do.  

So if they release anything today, it will be one or both of those.  I don't think any other artists have sold posters yet, but I might be wrong.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Hi, any new posters today?
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,066
    Spoken said:
    Hi, any new posters today?
    Click and look anytime you want:
    https://shop.pearljam.com/collections/posters
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Hi, I can't be bothered to read back even 5 messages to see the answer to my question....:lol:

We are a funny lot.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved