Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    edited August 2020

Crazy morning! Thank you to everyone that picked up a St. Louis or New York City poster. It is a tremendous privilege to create art for a living. Especially for a and as big as @pearljam Thank you to the PJ camp and @mrtsurt for the opportunity, and to their fans thank you for your continued support.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam Nashville & Phoenix Posters by Brad Klausen. On sale @ 8 AM Pacific on Wed Aug. 12th over @ https://artillerydesign.com

Nashville is 18" x 24", 6 Colors on white paper
    S/N out of 200
    $85

Phoenix is 18" x 24", 6 Colors on silver foil paper
    S/N out of 200
    $85

• Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    is the silver foil Phoenix a variant of the regular poster on white paper?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    okay...sent out the email.... let me know if any of you received it.... the test email did not show up in my inbox.... so hopefully it went out as it should

Nashville and Phoenix, signed and numbered out of 200 

Wed 8 AM Pacific 

$85 plus shipping 

if you order both I will match the numbers 

No email for me, and I am registered. 

Regardless, thanks for the awesome communication. 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,856
    CopperTom said:
    Jed said:
    hihobibo said:

no variants... I think only Ames get variants... which makes sense... 
    The NYC Williams Artist one is Blue, but the SE one in the promo video was yellow.
    Those are probably the only artists who get variants...maybe Brad as well. 
    Brad is literally the one who said "no variants" in the quotes above. LOL
    I was just assuming that.... cause normally we don't get to do variants.... unless it is special like the 18 baseball stadium shows.... normally, we don't get offered variants (but I think ames is allowed to do some, again as a grandfather clause type of scenario thing, I think...no one has ever told me this, it's just my own deductive reasoning, given ames and I get 200, I figure they do that again with allowing ames to have variants)..... for say EV tours, the artists copies are a variant color from the show copies, but the artist only get their colorway, not both. But maybe for this tour they printed a few variants to mix into the show copies, golden ticket type of thing, only so many randomly mixed in to the stack of regulars.... that does happen from time to time....  
    Should we call you Willy Wonka?
    no, I am but a mere oompa loompa..... or a golden ticket winner myself.... cause every tour that rolls around when you get the email asking if you want to do a poster, it feels like getting a golden ticket each time given how many artists can now be considered for only so many spots 

the poster artists don't determine how many we get, or variants.... we get told what we get (and say thank you).... for other bands, sometimes you can buy your own variants, I know some bands are fine with that, if the artist wants to pay to print their own variants.... I am not the best to talk about this though... other poster artists are more savvy with their business and better negotiators... I usually am just stoked to get the opportunity and then excited/panicked about coming up with a concept, that I don't think much about maybe I could have negotiated for variants.... plus I never really like variants... I get they make an artist more money, but I never liked just randomly changing one color...to me if you are gonna do a variant, the whole color scheme should change.... or the paper at least.... too often I see variants being made not cause it's an interesting color way but just to make a variant.... on rainbow foil, or sparkle foil, or purple paper, or red paper etc..... a lot of the time when merch companies ask for a foil variant, it's tough, because designs don't always look great on foil, but the merch company wants a foil variant.... so if you are a good designer, you try and factor in how the foil will effect the design and if it will work on foil.... 
    As every, absolutely on point. The Variant thing bears no interest to me either. 

They clearly do to a lot of folk though bearing in mind the Ames sale yesterday - they were hoovered up in seconds at $300. Blows my mind. I do wonder if much of that is the bots people use, and in doing so buy those prints blindly?

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    pdalowsky said:
    CopperTom said:
    Jed said:
    hihobibo said:

The NYC Williams Artist one is Blue, but the SE one in the promo video was yellow.
    I was just assuming that.... cause normally we don't get to do variants.... unless it is special like the 18 baseball stadium shows.... normally, we don't get offered variants (but I think ames is allowed to do some, again as a grandfather clause type of scenario thing, I think...no one has ever told me this, it's just my own deductive reasoning, given ames and I get 200, I figure they do that again with allowing ames to have variants)..... for say EV tours, the artists copies are a variant color from the show copies, but the artist only get their colorway, not both. But maybe for this tour they printed a few variants to mix into the show copies, golden ticket type of thing, only so many randomly mixed in to the stack of regulars.... that does happen from time to time....  
    no, I am but a mere oompa loompa..... or a golden ticket winner myself.... cause every tour that rolls around when you get the email asking if you want to do a poster, it feels like getting a golden ticket each time given how many artists can now be considered for only so many spots 

the poster artists don't determine how many we get, or variants.... we get told what we get (and say thank you).... for other bands, sometimes you can buy your own variants, I know some bands are fine with that, if the artist wants to pay to print their own variants.... I am not the best to talk about this though... other poster artists are more savvy with their business and better negotiators... I usually am just stoked to get the opportunity and then excited/panicked about coming up with a concept, that I don't think much about maybe I could have negotiated for variants.... plus I never really like variants... I get they make an artist more money, but I never liked just randomly changing one color...to me if you are gonna do a variant, the whole color scheme should change.... or the paper at least.... too often I see variants being made not cause it's an interesting color way but just to make a variant.... on rainbow foil, or sparkle foil, or purple paper, or red paper etc..... a lot of the time when merch companies ask for a foil variant, it's tough, because designs don't always look great on foil, but the merch company wants a foil variant.... so if you are a good designer, you try and factor in how the foil will effect the design and if it will work on foil.... 
    As every, absolutely on point. The Variant thing bears no interest to me either. 

They clearly do to a lot of folk though bearing in mind the Ames sale yesterday - they were hoovered up in seconds at $300. Blows my mind. I do wonder if much of that is the bots people use, and in doing so buy those prints blindly?

It’s odd though that no GID variants and only 2 Oriole variants have shown up on eBay.  Maybe the bots really did get crossed up by the early on sale time and fewer will be on the secondary market. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    @pearljam postponed @thegarden show posted on sale this Thursday 13th August. 12pm EDT / 5PM UK. Dan-Mumford.com. *please swipe for details on the release* #danmumford #pearljam

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,445
    So if the Nashville artist sale is tomorrow at 11 am eastern, when will the $35 show edition hit the PJ store?
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    edited August 2020
    Ksayet said:
    Did 10c sell Baltimore posters yet?  
    I don't believe so.
    Can anyone help me with a guess as to when the Baltimore posters might be up in 10c shop? What time did other posters go up?  10am Pacific?  The day after artist sale? Is there any historical pattern that may predict this?  I’m so disconnected from all of this right now with work and family demanding my full attention.  Any help is appreciated. I just cant be constantly refreshing right now and really would like to hang that Baltimore poster on my wall. 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    My experience in the 10club poster sales tells me the MSG and Baltimore poster will be sold today, or dead last after the rest. But they certainly have been surprising lately.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    So if the Nashville artist sale is tomorrow at 11 am eastern, when will the $35 show edition hit the PJ store?

The drops are random and unannounced.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,235
    That's what makes it fun!!!^^

• Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,363
    RS65573 said:
    My experience in the 10club poster sales tells me the MSG and Baltimore poster will be sold today, or dead last after the rest. But they certainly have been surprising lately.
    Assuming you mean the Williams NYC Poster not the Mumford? Santos had said that the Artist sales would occur before any of the 10c drops.
  • Options
    Yes I mean the ones already sold by artist but not by 10club.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,515
    on2legs said:
    KM73780 said:
    I love that some bozo posted St. Louis on eBay as “tour variant” 
    I saw that and thought the same thing.  Also crazy people are paying $100 plus over cost for a poster that is still for sale here.  
    Any actual sales at that price? I'd hope not 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,515
    pjl44 said:
    Hey everyone.... I am having my sale on Wednesday at 8 AM Pacific... will be sending out an email tonight, but am still unable to get my facebook page to allow me in, so there most likely will be no post there

I do have a question for you all though..... I wanted to wait for my sale and see what artists were charging because I have been uncertain what is a fair price to charge for these. 

I see the conversation happening in this thread talking about what artists should charge, and am curious to know what you all think is a fair price. 

I have 200 of each, of Nashville and Phoenix.... normally, as most of you are aware, I charge between $60-65...then I watch other artists charge $100... so for the bigger shows, the baseball stadium shows, I figure I can up my prices a little.... but it's a conflict... I want to keep things in the somewhat affordable range, and don't want to price gouge, but then I don't want to leave money on the table either...especially given I have been out of work like many others for the past 5 months and most likely for the rest of the year at least.... so I want to make sure I do right by you all but also take care of myself due to the uncertainty of my profession as a poster artist during a time of no concerts

so I figure I would just ask you all...... I was thinking $85.....what are your thoughts? 

Based on your other responses, I think you should price them at the highest point where you're reasonably confident that most or all will sell on day one. 
    That's the idea, but what's the number? Ames had a 10-second sellout with 130 at $100, 85 at $200, and an "ultra-limited" amount at $300. For a design that was widely panned in many groups. How much higher could they have gone and been reasonably confident of a sellout? 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    pdalowsky said:
    CopperTom said:
    Jed said:
    hihobibo said:

If I could have one version of the Baltimore Ames, it would be the Oriole variant. And I'm sure most of the GID sales were people speculating. In general I think the variant desirability has more to do with low print runs than anything. Not exactly mind blowing. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    KM73780 said:
    I love that some bozo posted St. Louis on eBay as “tour variant” 
    I saw that and thought the same thing.  Also crazy people are paying $100 plus over cost for a poster that is still for sale here.  
    Any actual sales at that price? I'd hope not 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Wow. That is shocking.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,777
    edited August 2020
    i got id said:
    Don't see the O's variant on ebay...Would have bought it...
    tsk-tsk.

Never buy from the insta-flippers. It only encourages them, making the drops harder.

They can also pull the auctions if the items go for higher prices in other auctions (some of which they probably run.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    on is there
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,752
    RS65573 said:
    Wow. That is shocking.
    Not really. What is shocking is when these start to show up in Lost Dogs at the same inflated prices its considered as great prices from a great flipper sorry seller.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    for only $35
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    edited August 2020
    I mean it’s still 10C only so not that shocking (talking about selling on eBay for $100+)
  • Options
    i guess folks don't want the regular version of  Hamilton ON.  i think it is one of the best. Not getting it cuz only get shows I go to, have tics for, or get in mystery box
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,066
    Kearn5y said:
    RS65573 said:
    Wow. That is shocking.
    Not really. What is shocking is when these start to show up in Lost Dogs at the same inflated prices its considered as great prices from a great flipper sorry seller.
    I like when it is 3 months from purchase date, and they say "not going to hang this on the wall, $120" Duh, you knew at the time of purchase you were never were going to.

But with all of these posters (except the APs) coming from 10Club, technically they are not for resale, so Lost Dogs couldn't have any of them listed for sale in the future. 
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,363
    I'd be shocked if the prices on these didn't come down significantly over time. I just have a hard time seeing any of these becoming instant classics given that the shows literally never happened. Sure people love to add to their collections but I doubt posters of shows that don't exist are going right to the front of many folks' already crowded framing queues.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I've scrolled through 17 pages of this thread, but I just want to confirm... Los Angeles posters won't be a part of this drop, right?
    correct
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I'd be shocked if the prices on these didn't come down significantly over time. I just have a hard time seeing any of these becoming instant classics given that the shows literally never happened. Sure people love to add to their collections but I doubt posters of shows that don't exist are going right to the front of many folks' already crowded framing queues.
    If these are identical, except for the date, to the poster for the show that takes place, they could retain their value.
  • Options
    I initially thought id never buy or hang these...then my wife said "your going to skip the pandemic posters? The time no one will ever forget?" Lets just hope it ends and then these are a nostalgic item.