Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,483
    PSUS2H said:
    Hey @bradklausen I still think you should try to do some NHL goalie helmets. Maybe once Seattle gets a team that'll kick start it?
    Seattle has a team
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,059
    @bradklausen
    BK I don't have an answer on what to charge but I just have to say I love all the details and messages you are conveying in these 2 posters. The military helmets hanging on the rifles (one for each great war?) is not lost on me. Thanks for all you do to put such effort into your imagery, messages and amazing art. We are beyond fortunate
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,050
    edited August 2020
    Thanks for the drops!
    Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    igotid88 said:
    PSUS2H said:
    Hey @bradklausen I still think you should try to do some NHL goalie helmets. Maybe once Seattle gets a team that'll kick start it?
    Seattle has a team
    ok.....once they're actually on the ice. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    Hamilton and SL up again

1996- New York - Downing Stadium
    1998- Tibetan Freedom Concert
    2000- Seattle
    2005 - Vancouver
    2009- Vancouver
    2011-Vancouver
    2013 - Vancouver
    2016 - Ottawa
    2016 - Toronto 1
    2016 - Toronto 2
    2018 - Seattle 1
    2018 - Seattle 2
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 367
    edited August 2020
    CopperTom said:
    Jed said:
    hihobibo said:

no variants... I think only Ames get variants... which makes sense... 
    The NYC Williams Artist one is Blue, but the SE one in the promo video was yellow.
    Those are probably the only artists who get variants...maybe Brad as well. 
    Brad is literally the one who said "no variants" in the quotes above. LOL
    I was just assuming that.... cause normally we don't get to do variants.... unless it is special like the 18 baseball stadium shows.... normally, we don't get offered variants (but I think ames is allowed to do some, again as a grandfather clause type of scenario thing, I think...no one has ever told me this, it's just my own deductive reasoning, given ames and I get 200, I figure they do that again with allowing ames to have variants)..... for say EV tours, the artists copies are a variant color from the show copies, but the artist only get their colorway, not both. But maybe for this tour they printed a few variants to mix into the show copies, golden ticket type of thing, only so many randomly mixed in to the stack of regulars.... that does happen from time to time....  
    Should we call you Willy Wonka?
    no, I am but a mere oompa loompa..... or a golden ticket winner myself.... cause every tour that rolls around when you get the email asking if you want to do a poster, it feels like getting a golden ticket each time given how many artists can now be considered for only so many spots 

the poster artists don't determine how many we get, or variants.... we get told what we get (and say thank you).... for other bands, sometimes you can buy your own variants, I know some bands are fine with that, if the artist wants to pay to print their own variants.... I am not the best to talk about this though... other poster artists are more savvy with their business and better negotiators... I usually am just stoked to get the opportunity and then excited/panicked about coming up with a concept, that I don't think much about maybe I could have negotiated for variants.... plus I never really like variants... I get they make an artist more money, but I never liked just randomly changing one color...to me if you are gonna do a variant, the whole color scheme should change.... or the paper at least.... too often I see variants being made not cause it's an interesting color way but just to make a variant.... on rainbow foil, or sparkle foil, or purple paper, or red paper etc..... a lot of the time when merch companies ask for a foil variant, it's tough, because designs don't always look great on foil, but the merch company wants a foil variant.... so if you are a good designer, you try and factor in how the foil will effect the design and if it will work on foil.... 
    Post edited by bradklausen on
  • Options
    Why does the poster sale change from no variant to "tour" variant after the page has already been up?   I bought the St Louis print and then when I went back to look at the website, the page was gone...and then a little bit later it was back but then there was a variant drop-down with only "tour" available?
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:
    ooooh that's a good idea...... a kraken goalie helmet......... 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Jed said:

Zero difference. Accounting only.  Members can get 1 of ea sku.
    slh
    @jbelleit

Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    jbelleit said:
    Why does the poster sale change from no variant to "tour" variant after the page has already been up?   I bought the St Louis print and then when I went back to look at the website, the page was gone...and then a little bit later it was back but then there was a variant drop-down with only "tour" available?
    10C alottment and the venue alottment.

Both will be for sale here.

Same poster, just different stacks for accounting purposes.

Each person can buy one poster from each alottment.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,707
    What cities were available today from 10c
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Kearn5y said:
    StL and Hamilton.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:
    ooooh that's a good idea...... a kraken goalie helmet......... 
    Do a mock up and send it to the NHL and AHL affiliate.....? When I worked in the NHL the team I was with commissioned an artist to do a season ticket holder exclusive art print.  Anyways, tour talk carry on.  Cheers Brad!
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,145
    jbelleit said:
    We all just learned this... for every poster there is an "event" version and a "tour" version. There is no actual difference, but for accounting, ten club is now selling them as separate versions. Usually the Event version gets sold at the show and there are likely thousands of copies of these. The Tour version is the stack that gets sent to Ten Club and sold on the website at a later date and there are probably only a few hundred of these. Since these shows never happened, ten club is selling their tour versions first and then they are putting their even versions on sale. Like I said earlier, it's an accounting thing. Don't worry too much about it. The nice thing is, you can buy one copy from each sku, if you desire.
  • Options
    jbelleitjbelleit Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    jbelleit said:

So neither of them are signed then?  only the AP's?

oh...and thanks for the response...really appreciated the explanation...
  • Options
    jbelleit said:
    jbelleit said:

So neither of them are signed then?  only the AP's?

oh...and thanks for the response...really appreciated the explanation...
    correct
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 367
    edited August 2020
    @bradklausen
    BK I don't have an answer on what to charge but I just have to say I love all the details and messages you are conveying in these 2 posters. The military helmets hanging on the rifles (one for each great war?) is not lost on me. Thanks for all you do to put such effort into your imagery, messages and amazing art. We are beyond fortunate
    thanks man.... not so much for each great war... just to allude to all war.... that it does not matter what country you come from, war is horrific for everyone.... so no matter what helmet you wear or flag you fight under, everyone is a person,.. someone's child, someone's parent, someone's spouse, someone's sibling
  • Options
    Jed said:

slh
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jCNYlL7nt0
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,083
    Jed said:

slh

• Options
    @bradklausen
    thanks man.... not so much for each great war... just to allude to all war.... that it does not matter what country you come from, war is horrific for everyone.... so no matter what helmet you wear or flag you fight under, everyone is a person,.. someone's child, someone's parent, someone's spouse, someone's sibling
    @bradklausen
    . you know this hits me hard. speaking of which, check your email inbox from me from a while ago..maybe its time to revisit an idea you and i were discussing regarding war and a certain someone's nonprofit that is anti war but supports our military...especially if poster work is light right now?
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,707
    Kearn5y said:
    StL and Hamilton.
    Thanks, so no Baltimore poster yet?
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    StL and Hamilton.
    Thanks, so no Baltimore poster yet?
    Not at 10C, but Ames sold theirs already.
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 440
    The fact that STL is still up is encouraging...gives me hope of snagging the 1-2 I want 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,183
    @bradklausen
    holy cow! i did not know the Brad Klausen posted on this forum. big fan of your work for many years. thank you for sharing your talents with us!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    edited August 2020
    I haven’t read the thread so I apologize but it seemed by looking at the prints that Sperry wasn’t included? Did his Oakland print not make the cut?

Edit, massive typos 
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I’m not I have t read the thread so I apologize but it seemed by looking at the prints that Sperry wasn’t included? Did his Oakland print not make the cut?
    They cancelled the shows I believe before it was printed
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,083
    The back of the Hamilton poster.

• Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,313
    Hey everyone.... I am having my sale on Wednesday at 8 AM Pacific... will be sending out an email tonight, but am still unable to get my facebook page to allow me in, so there most likely will be no post there

I do have a question for you all though..... I wanted to wait for my sale and see what artists were charging because I have been uncertain what is a fair price to charge for these. 

I see the conversation happening in this thread talking about what artists should charge, and am curious to know what you all think is a fair price. 

I have 200 of each, of Nashville and Phoenix.... normally, as most of you are aware, I charge between $60-65...then I watch other artists charge $100... so for the bigger shows, the baseball stadium shows, I figure I can up my prices a little.... but it's a conflict... I want to keep things in the somewhat affordable range, and don't want to price gouge, but then I don't want to leave money on the table either...especially given I have been out of work like many others for the past 5 months and most likely for the rest of the year at least.... so I want to make sure I do right by you all but also take care of myself due to the uncertainty of my profession as a poster artist during a time of no concerts

so I figure I would just ask you all...... I was thinking $85.....what are your thoughts? 

You could go $95, or $100.  I don't think any of us would be offended.  You should also do Random #1-10 low numbers at $125 each, people pay for this kind of stuff.  If you end up going to $100 or more, I may wait for the 10C sale, but you'll still sell all your copies.  We all know the score, you've been here since day 1 with us, so we want to pay more to show we support you.

Later,
    Chris.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,227
    edited August 2020
    Hey everyone.... I am having my sale on Wednesday at 8 AM Pacific... will be sending out an email tonight, but am still unable to get my facebook page to allow me in, so there most likely will be no post there

I do have a question for you all though..... I wanted to wait for my sale and see what artists were charging because I have been uncertain what is a fair price to charge for these. 

I see the conversation happening in this thread talking about what artists should charge, and am curious to know what you all think is a fair price. 

I have 200 of each, of Nashville and Phoenix.... normally, as most of you are aware, I charge between $60-65...then I watch other artists charge $100... so for the bigger shows, the baseball stadium shows, I figure I can up my prices a little.... but it's a conflict... I want to keep things in the somewhat affordable range, and don't want to price gouge, but then I don't want to leave money on the table either...especially given I have been out of work like many others for the past 5 months and most likely for the rest of the year at least.... so I want to make sure I do right by you all but also take care of myself due to the uncertainty of my profession as a poster artist during a time of no concerts

so I figure I would just ask you all...... I was thinking $85.....what are your thoughts? 

You could go $95, or $100.  I don't think any of us would be offended.  You should also do Random #1-10 low numbers at $125 each, people pay for this kind of stuff.  If you end up going to $100 or more, I may wait for the 10C sale, but you'll still sell all your copies.  We all know the score, you've been here since day 1 with us, so we want to pay more to show we support you.

Later,
    Chris.
    im in line for PHX 

Post edited by craigraether on
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,313
    Also, Brad, I would also add, I'm still holding out hope you could finish up the 2018 Stadium Ticket Series.

Game 3 in MT and Games 4 & 5 in Chicago.  I have Games 1/2 Seattle and Games 6/7 Boston hanging on my wall.  I'd love to see the full 7 Game Series.  Maybe PJ management is feeling generous???  I'm not connected, but it may not hurt for someone who is connected to ask.
    There's no need to say goodbye