Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,012
    i got id said:
    Don't see the O's variant on ebay...Would have bought it...
    New one on there for $799 which seems crazy
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 863
    Hawk123 said:
    i got id said:
    Too rich for my blood.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,556
    Hawk123 said:
    i got id said:
    It’s kinda a smart move by Ames.  Everyone went crazy for the Harry Caray Cubs variants. I’m guessing they’re trying to catch lightning in a bottle again. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Hawk123 said:
    i got id said:
    It’s kinda a smart move by Ames.  Everyone went crazy for the Harry Caray Cubs variants. I’m guessing they’re trying to catch lightning in a bottle again. 
    Good point, the way poster prices have been going over the last year or so, $799 could be a steal in the near future. Who knows though. 
  • Options
    NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    Hawk123 said:
    i got id said:
    They just upped it to $999.  Same listing.
  • Options
    stanudesstanudes Baltimore Posts: 117
    ISO Baltimore GID variant. 
    Will trade heavy or add $$. 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    Can someone please xplain to me what the deal is with the Baltimore poster? Is it a Baseball throwback? I think its terrible and dont understand.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    Can someone please xplain to me what the deal is with the Baltimore poster? Is it a Baseball throwback? I think its terrible and dont understand.
    I like the throwback feel for an album I love. I've also loved the O's since I was a kid and it's a perfect blend for me.
  • Options
    i got id said:
    RS65573 said:
    I like the throwback feel for an album I love. I've also loved the O's since I was a kid and it's a perfect blend for me.
    How is it orioles?
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,164
    RS65573 said:
    It's based on a famous style of poster that was very popular in the Baltimore and DC area in the 50's.
  • Options
    NoCode416 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    i got id said:
    They just upped it to $999.  Same listing.
    Unreal
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    i got id said:
    RS65573 said:
    How is it orioles?
    The grey and orange variant is...
  • Options
    Hey everyone.... I am having my sale on Wednesday at 8 AM Pacific... will be sending out an email tonight, but am still unable to get my facebook page to allow me in, so there most likely will be no post there

I do have a question for you all though..... I wanted to wait for my sale and see what artists were charging because I have been uncertain what is a fair price to charge for these. 

I see the conversation happening in this thread talking about what artists should charge, and am curious to know what you all think is a fair price. 

I have 200 of each, of Nashville and Phoenix.... normally, as most of you are aware, I charge between $60-65...then I watch other artists charge $100... so for the bigger shows, the baseball stadium shows, I figure I can up my prices a little.... but it's a conflict... I want to keep things in the somewhat affordable range, and don't want to price gouge, but then I don't want to leave money on the table either...especially given I have been out of work like many others for the past 5 months and most likely for the rest of the year at least.... so I want to make sure I do right by you all but also take care of myself due to the uncertainty of my profession as a poster artist during a time of no concerts

so I figure I would just ask you all...... I was thinking $85.....what are your thoughts? 

• Options
    mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 212
    The point some may have overlooked is the Baltimore print is supposed to look like classic Old Bay seasoning. 
  • Options
    I think $80 is where to be. Personally. Because you go too high, the demand isn't as high over time which helps make a great print.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    RS65573 said:
    I think $80 is where to be. Personally. Because you go too high, the demand isn't as high over time which helps make a great print.
    80 is fair 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    Hey everyone.... I am having my sale on Wednesday at 8 AM Pacific... will be sending out an email tonight, but am still unable to get my facebook page to allow me in, so there most likely will be no post there

I do have a question for you all though..... I wanted to wait for my sale and see what artists were charging because I have been uncertain what is a fair price to charge for these. 

I see the conversation happening in this thread talking about what artists should charge, and am curious to know what you all think is a fair price. 

I have 200 of each, of Nashville and Phoenix.... normally, as most of you are aware, I charge between $60-65...then I watch other artists charge $100... so for the bigger shows, the baseball stadium shows, I figure I can up my prices a little.... but it's a conflict... I want to keep things in the somewhat affordable range, and don't want to price gouge, but then I don't want to leave money on the table either...especially given I have been out of work like many others for the past 5 months and most likely for the rest of the year at least.... so I want to make sure I do right by you all but also take care of myself due to the uncertainty of my profession as a poster artist during a time of no concerts

so I figure I would just ask you all...... I was thinking $85.....what are your thoughts? 

You'll sell them at any price...My opinion is I'd rather the money go to the artist than someone who will resell later.
  • Options
    For instance, im unlikely to ever buy an AMES I wasnt at because I know the original price was inflated.
  • Options
    mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 212

My question is why only 200 of each? Why not print up as much supply as there is demand?
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,938

$80-$85 is completely reasonable in my mind.  But, in the end you should charge what you feel is best for you.  Always great to see you check in on the boards here.  I'll be anxiously trying for a PHX print on Wednesday morning.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options

My question is why only 200 of each? Why not print up as much supply as there is demand?
    200 AP, there will be plenty more show editions I’m sure
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 412
    Ya I think you can up them a bit especially your prints are pretty cool. I doesn’t matter to me I’m never quick enough to get a drop anyway 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,556

$85 for an A/P is fair.  But if the edition size is 200 maybe go a little lower as others suggested and do $80 to avoid having extras leftover. 

Great art as always by the way.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    frisbiecfrisbiec Seattle, WA Posts: 112

Don't discount your craft. I would say the customer service you provide, along with your art, make $100 a completely reasonable starting point for an AP. 
    Remove yourself from comfort . . . all progress involves risk
  • Options

the artists do not determine how many are printed....and you never know what the demand will be....given the design
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,633

For an AP, $85 is very reasonable, Brad.

Much respect for asking.

• Options
    The issue with starting at 100, is you want the print to be seen, you want it kind of on ebay or at least in demand. The truth is artists have to play the limited game to try to barely not meet demand.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,723

$85 sounds good Brad. :)
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    The issue with starting at 100, is you want the print to be seen, you want it kind of on ebay or at least in demand. The truth is artists have to play the limited game to try to barely not meet demand.
    the ebay after market (or rather the immediately-after-the-sale-market!) is frustrating and I try and not think about it too much in regards to determining my sale price,.... in the past I tried to price out flippers (with the south america poster) and ended up pricing not just flippers out but everyone out and it became a bit of a saga trying to get those posters out the door. 
  • Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 194
    edited August 2020
    I know this won't be popular but, IMO, the artists should put these out on eBay to remove the eBay flipper from the equation.

Price it at some minimum (or lower with a reserve) and let the market decide. 

Hell, get creative with it.  "Poster starts at $50 with a reserve of $80.  Then 50% of every dollar over $80 will be donated to XYZ charity."

(or starts at 80 with a reserve of 100.  etc etc....)
    Post edited by hadfiiw on
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    10 - Bristow
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore
    24 - Las Vegas (16th) / Las Vegas (18th) / Baltimore