Options

COVID-19

123457»

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Different things go on in school districts that, particularly in times of COVID, some find acceptable and some do not. Along with @tish , I would not want to send my kid into that. The easiest solution for the big shit show we are experiencing is online with a supplement of French. The kiddo is stressed out. The parent is stressed. 

LSS, cost isn't always a monetary thing. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,472
    I thought the teachers would separate desks at the least. But no, there would not be enough space to walk between desks safely. The best this school could do is make rows with elbow buddy students facing forward, rather than facing each other.

My province only requires 2 meters space between the learning groups (of 60 - elementary, more in older ages). The administration said they could offer the odd kid an offset space in the room.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    deadendp said:
    Different things go on in school districts that, particularly in times of COVID, some find acceptable and some do not. Along with @tish , I would not want to send my kid into that. The easiest solution for the big shit show we are experiencing is online with a supplement of French. The kiddo is stressed out. The parent is stressed. 

Stressed is better than dead. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:

Well, yes. Did someone pee in your cornflakes today, DK? :kiss:

Tish, Um, no. I love how my daughter's high school is handling things. Hybrid kids are A-L on M/T. M-Z are Th/F. Wed is super clean day. 6' between all. Staggered release between floors so not all crammed together to exit at once. 
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:

Tish, Um, no. I love how my daughter's high school is handling things. Hybrid kids are A-L on M/T. M-Z are Th/F. Wed is super clean day. 6' between all. Staggered release between floors so not all crammed together to exit at once. 
    I don't eat Corn Flakes -- or breakfast at all for that matter.

And as far as I know, no one pissed in my coffee.

And gotta love that Pearl Jam community spirit -- namely, you're not allowed to disagree with someone without being taunted, even on AET these days.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:

But did you check the "cream" that Eric put in your coffee?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:

I don't eat Corn Flakes -- or breakfast at all for that matter.

And gotta love that Pearl Jam community spirit -- namely, you're not allowed to disagree with someone without being taunted, even on AET these days.
    Didn't say that at all. Kind of thought you were thinking I wanted the kiddo dead at school than stressed out at home. Not the case. Each parent needs to do what works for them, but it may be a need to augment until things get back to normal at school. 

Didn't mean to offend. Apologies. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:

But did you check the "cream" that Eric put in your coffee?
    “Black as midnight on a moonless night.”
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    So wait, I'm assuming this is Canada? Overall hasn't America's Hat (joke!) done a pretty remarkable job with everything? I can't speak for up there, but it seems like the direction at the top has been pretty solid, so maybe the protocols can be adjusted accordingly because of how it's been managed?

I thought I saw if you live in one town in CA you have to stay there, and if you leave to go anywhere you'll be fined an exorbitant amount of money.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,057
    Periodic reminder that if/when a vaccine becomes available, you should consult with a medical professional that you trust. Ask about efficacy and safety. Do not listen to the media or politicians. The data will be available. That is all.
  • Options
    Defending school systems against lawsuits costs money that could otherwise be spent on smaller class sizes, plexiglass dividers . . .

It's an unfortunate reality that classrooms are small, there are not enough teachers to spread the students out, and that families are having to make these choices that are temporarily impacting their children. 

My school division made the best decision to go fully online this year. It's going really well. The kids are showing up, they are doing their work, and as their teacher, I am finding it easier in some ways to make connections that I could not make in the classroom. To be fair to all the teachers who appeared to be awful in the spring . . . Most of us were awful in the spring. We were working with a completely different set of directives, resources, and understandings. I am super excited about everything I have learned to be a better teacher in this new environment. 

I hope everyone's school experience goes as well as mine moving forward. We are in this for a long while. I just had to shift my mindset to choose optimism, and so far it's a working strategy.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,057
    Good news in the early data from Pfizer with a 90% protection rate. We'll see how things shake out when the trial completes, but that is encouraging. 

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-4f4ae2e3bad122d17742be22a2240ae8?utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter
  • Options
    I am confident in a vaccine 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,177
    Just announced they were changing the schoop district plan here from optional to full remote....one week before school starts.
    What fucking clowns.  So predictable.
    We expected this to happen and picked home anyway but this is making people's heads explode.
    Who gets the worst of it?
    Students and Teachers, since the planning was a mashup instead of planning for full remote.
    This didn't age well. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Just announced they were changing the schoop district plan here from optional to full remote....one week before school starts.
    What fucking clowns.  So predictable.
    We expected this to happen and picked home anyway but this is making people's heads explode.
    Who gets the worst of it?
    Students and Teachers, since the planning was a mashup instead of planning for full remote.
    This didn't age well. 
    Because I misspelled something?

The anger there was directed at the school district - who knew damn well that everything pointed to full remote, yet planned for optional anyway.  The fallout was that there was a mess for a few weeks while they scurried to get everything right.

What is the anti-vaxxer stance on that post as to why it did not age well?

The love he receives is the love that is saved