Options

Ohana Festival Update

Comments

• Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 741
    How late ( European Time ) will EV preform?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    Robbert said:
    More like how early lol. 6:30am or so depending where you live. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Robbert said:
    The Netherlands
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    PJNB said:
    Robbert said:
    The Netherlands
    6:30am
  • Options
    Perfect time, im in the nightshift :)
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
    Any word on a stream? 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Any word on a stream? 
    Would be great
  • Options
    Just want to vent here.  Kinda done with the mess that is the merch tent.  In line for 4 hours (got there at 9AM opened at 11 got to the front at 1).  Right when we got to the front they sold out of posters.  I know that happens but what pisses me off is that people were buying 10-20 each.  Although it says 2 max it was totally ignored.  Also saw many in front buying literally what must have been 2-3K worth of other merch which I am sure will end up on Ebay by tonight.  Very frustrating for real fans.  Done venting, off to the show
    UMASS 92, Boston 94, Boston 94, Hartford 96, Great Woods1 98, GW2 98, GW1 00, GW2 00, Phila 03, GW1 03, GW2 03, GW3 03, Boston1 04, Boston 2 04, Atlantic City 05, Phila 05, Chicago 06, Camden 06, Camden 08, GW 08, Phila Spectrum 3 09, Bristow 10, MSG 1 10, MSG 2 10, PJ 20 E Troy 1&2 11', Wrigley 13', Phila 1 13', Phila 2 13', Hartford 13', Baltimore 13', Denver 14' Phila 1&2 16', MSG 1&2 16', Boston 16', Chicago 16', MSG 17', Wrigley 1&2 18', Fenway 1 18', Ohana Fest 21'
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    edited September 2021
    PC13114 said:
    Just want to vent here.  Kinda done with the mess that is the merch tent.  In line for 4 hours (got there at 9AM opened at 11 got to the front at 1).  Right when we got to the front they sold out of posters.  I know that happens but what pisses me off is that people were buying 10-20 each.  Although it says 2 max it was totally ignored.  Also saw many in front buying literally what must have been 2-3K worth of other merch which I am sure will end up on Ebay by tonight.  Very frustrating for real fans.  Done venting, off to the show
    That sucks.  10-20 posters is utterly absurd.  I wonder if these people are flashing some cash to get the employees to ignore the limits. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    edited September 2021
    PC13114 said:
    They are already on there for over $100. 😡why do they even sell the merch outside of the festival? It should only be sold inside, so at least the flippers have to pay for a ticket. I hope to get a poster next week at encore weekend but if crap like this is going on then who knows if I will be able to get one. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Ohana evacuated due to lightning
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2021
    Seems like it’s done raining already. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PC13114 said:
    They are already on there for over $100. 😡why do they even sell the merch outside of the festival? It should only be sold inside, so at least the flippers have to pay for a ticket. I hope to get a poster next week at encore weekend but if crap like this is going on then who knows if I will be able to get one. 
    Preach. It’s bullshit. 
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Done and done. We’re going back in. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,619
    Ohana evacuated due to lightning
    Nothing worse than this for those who waited for rail.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Done and done. We’re going back in. 
    Good to know. We hadn’t gone in yet. Probably going around 6. 
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 575
    Black Pumas were on the app and now they are not. Am i reading into this that they cancelled an hour before they were to hit the stage? With KOL out tonight this would be another massive blow.

Second, the gates are open again? It is 450pm and no message via the app. Would like to head to the gate to avoid the madness when gates open
  • Options
    Did anyone take the shuttle in? How was the parking in Aliso Viejo at the shuttle site?
  • Options
    PC13114 said:
    Check the merch tent inside.  The one closest to the VIP area.  For years no one ever went to that one.  Granted that may have changed in the last festival and this one, but i got zippos and anything else there, mid show 2nd day
  • Options
    chitty said:
    Black Pumas were on the app and now they are not. Am i reading into this that they cancelled an hour before they were to hit the stage? With KOL out tonight this would be another massive blow.

Second, the gates are open again? It is 450pm and no message via the app. Would like to head to the gate to avoid the madness when gates open
    I still see black pumas listed
  • Options
    i got id said:
    chitty said:

I still see black pumas listed
    Black Pumas on stage ready to play 

Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Costa Rica 11

• Options
    jpgoegel said:
    PC13114 said:
    Check the merch tent inside.  The one closest to the VIP area.  For years no one ever went to that one.  Granted that may have changed in the last festival and this one, but i got zippos and anything else there, mid show 2nd day
    Thanks for the tip. I figured trying to find stuff inside was probably going to be the best bet. 

• Options
    May be an image of text that says OHANA FESTIVA FRIDAY SEPT 24 DOORS AT 12PM UPDATED SET TIMES OHANA STAGE EDDIE VEDDER MY MORNING JACKET BLACK PUMAS DURAND JONES  THE INDICATIONS TIKI STAGE 1000PM 755PM 625PM 500PM CAAMP THE REGRETTES 710PM 545PM

Looks like Eddie is back to the 10pm slot. 
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 575
    I got in. Secret merch spot. Over by VIP entrance to the actual stage , as in leaving VIP to GA, is a merch tent with literally no line. VIP or GA access 

ok thanks for info on black pumas. They def were not on the app for a few minutes I guess during an update 
  • Options
    Plague Vendor was the highlight so far. Amazing band. 

Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Costa Rica 11

• Options
    chitty said:
    I got in. Secret merch spot. Over by VIP entrance to the actual stage , as in leaving VIP to GA, is a merch tent with literally no line. VIP or GA access 

ok thanks for info on black pumas. They def were not on the app for a few minutes I guess during an update 
    Thanks! 
  • Options
    ( saw them a few years back, & thought they were good, so did my +1 at that time. Glad to read ur opinion...the lead singer kinda had moves similar to Mick Jagger, in my opinion only-  it was fun! )
  • Options
    NEweather said:
    ( saw them a few years back, & thought they were good, so did my +1 at that time. Glad to read ur opinion...the lead singer kinda had moves similar to Mick Jagger, in my opinion only-  it was fun! )
    Exactly my thought! A mix of Mick and Iggy Pop. But that bassist and drummer. 

Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Costa Rica 11

• Options
    chitty said:

Thanks for the tip! I'm going tomorrow and Sunday, and will plan on finding this tent. According to the map on the Ohana website, it looks like it's roughly between the VIP bleachers and the GA bleachers. And you don't need a VIP pass to get to it?
  • Options
    NEweather said:
    Exactly my thought! A mix of Mick and Iggy Pop. But that bassist and drummer. 
    ( tight, & together- looks like Plague Vendor moved Up-glad to hear it. hard work paying off! )