Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Black Lives Matter

1242527293033

Comments

  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 15,014
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    BLM protests are there to inconvenience and enlighten. Without something to bring attention to the event, no one would bother.  It should not be destructive, but it should serve its purpose.
    I choose to believe his intentions were genuine otherwise why would you subject yourself to that disgusting behavior/hatred. I don’t have Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. so I don’t understand the whole social media part of his intentions BUT I’m not saying you’re wrong either. Seems like almost everyone’s an ass nowadays so why shouldn’t he be too?  
    This isn’t about saying you’re not racist, this is about doing something to completely level the playing field when the dust has settled.  Racism is usually embedded into most racists from the day they’re born. There’s no unlearning it if you had/have racist parents unless you’re exceptional. I was fortunate that my parents never saw the color of a persons skin, the dirt on their clothes or the amount of money in their pockets so that’s what I learned.
    And if you continuously argue that you’re not racist, then you probably are.  Try doing something to help rather than wasting your time posting/arguing that you’re not a racist. 
    Someone already said it on here I’m sure..actions vs words. 
    First off, I'm going to respond using this definition of racism:  "a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

    I think it's a great idea that each of us be self aware of our actions and thoughts and examine our own lives to root out any harmful behaviors or false beliefs that are inappropriate.  At the same time, I think it's going way overboard when people say "We are all racists."  That's just not true.  There are people of all colors, nationalities, and cultures who are not racist.  And there are racist within all groups of people as well. 

    Hey sorry if I implied everyone is racist and I was not talking about anyone specific. Most people who post here aren’t over emphasizing their “I’m not racist” statements. I respect what everyone’s is saying and I’m thinking about it. I wasn’t trying to offend anyone, it’s the way I write, I think...but you’re right...many non racists all over the world. 

    Thanks for clarifying, cb4l.  My apologies if I misunderstood or over-reacted. 

    Yeah, I think most people here are very cool with respecting a broad spectrum of color and culture.  What a dull world it would be if were were all alike! 
    No need to apologize.  It’s happened enough to me to realize that I’m the common denominator and should either change my writing style or quit posting altogether (especially if you, the most normal level headed one misunderstands my posts). 
    It’s all good. Your criticism of others is usually to improve oneself, not to tear us down.  You’re a kind person, I can tell.                                            
    It is difficult to have a discussion about politics on a message board without being misunderstood. 

    You would have to type 1,000 words each post to outline everything about your comment to avoid someone misunderstanding your point.



    I notice that if I use the "preview" button, I'm much more likely to be understood that (and I do this sometimes) just doing a quick write and post.  And of course, the important parts of communication that this format doesn't include are tone of voice, body language and facial expressions (smileys only slightly compensate).
    Not me...preview never helps me!!!!

    Very difficult to convey everything here the way you intend.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 35,018
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    BLM protests are there to inconvenience and enlighten. Without something to bring attention to the event, no one would bother.  It should not be destructive, but it should serve its purpose.
    I choose to believe his intentions were genuine otherwise why would you subject yourself to that disgusting behavior/hatred. I don’t have Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. so I don’t understand the whole social media part of his intentions BUT I’m not saying you’re wrong either. Seems like almost everyone’s an ass nowadays so why shouldn’t he be too?  
    This isn’t about saying you’re not racist, this is about doing something to completely level the playing field when the dust has settled.  Racism is usually embedded into most racists from the day they’re born. There’s no unlearning it if you had/have racist parents unless you’re exceptional. I was fortunate that my parents never saw the color of a persons skin, the dirt on their clothes or the amount of money in their pockets so that’s what I learned.
    And if you continuously argue that you’re not racist, then you probably are.  Try doing something to help rather than wasting your time posting/arguing that you’re not a racist. 
    Someone already said it on here I’m sure..actions vs words. 
    First off, I'm going to respond using this definition of racism:  "a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

    I think it's a great idea that each of us be self aware of our actions and thoughts and examine our own lives to root out any harmful behaviors or false beliefs that are inappropriate.  At the same time, I think it's going way overboard when people say "We are all racists."  That's just not true.  There are people of all colors, nationalities, and cultures who are not racist.  And there are racist within all groups of people as well. 

    Hey sorry if I implied everyone is racist and I was not talking about anyone specific. Most people who post here aren’t over emphasizing their “I’m not racist” statements. I respect what everyone’s is saying and I’m thinking about it. I wasn’t trying to offend anyone, it’s the way I write, I think...but you’re right...many non racists all over the world. 

    Thanks for clarifying, cb4l.  My apologies if I misunderstood or over-reacted. 

    Yeah, I think most people here are very cool with respecting a broad spectrum of color and culture.  What a dull world it would be if were were all alike! 
    No need to apologize.  It’s happened enough to me to realize that I’m the common denominator and should either change my writing style or quit posting altogether (especially if you, the most normal level headed one misunderstands my posts). 
    It’s all good. Your criticism of others is usually to improve oneself, not to tear us down.  You’re a kind person, I can tell.                                            
    It is difficult to have a discussion about politics on a message board without being misunderstood. 

    You would have to type 1,000 words each post to outline everything about your comment to avoid someone misunderstanding your point.



    I notice that if I use the "preview" button, I'm much more likely to be understood that (and I do this sometimes) just doing a quick write and post.  And of course, the important parts of communication that this format doesn't include are tone of voice, body language and facial expressions (smileys only slightly compensate).
    Not me...preview never helps me!!!!

    Very difficult to convey everything here the way you intend.

    It's tough to do, for sure!
    "I believe in the mystery, and I don't want to take it any further than that. Maybe what I mean by that is love."
    -John Densmore











  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo FacePosts: 6,291
    New body cam footage of George Floyd’s arrest:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-floyd-video-bodycam-final-moments-minneapolis-police/

    If you haven’t seen it already.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo FacePosts: 6,291
    edited August 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 9,106
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?

  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 4,778
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?

    Just curious what this has to do with BLM?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 9,106
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?

    Just curious what this has to do with BLM?
    Maybe you prefer these "deplorables"

  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo FacePosts: 6,291
    edited August 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?

    Just curious what this has to do with BLM?
    Maybe you prefer these "deplorables"

    I consider rioting and trying to burn down buildings with people inside (attempted murder) more deplorable.  Do you not?  If not, then you are deplorable too, but that’s just my opinion. The rioters blocking exits while trying to set building on fire are a basket of shithead deplorables.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-black-lives-matter-protests-a9659861.html
    The mayor is right, these deplorables are essentially props for Trumps re-election campaign .  I’m sure Trump appreciates the support...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 4,778
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?

    Just curious what this has to do with BLM?
    Maybe you prefer these "deplorables"

    Lol. Whatever. Those guys risk their lives everyday. Whether you like them or not. They didn’t ask to be sent to Portland or any other of these cities. I don’t know why you’d get defensive about an article highlighting the attempted murder some of these “protestors “ are committing. It should anger you because they’re giving republicans the news stories and the fuel they want. They’re also hijacking a good cause. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 6,262
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 25,711
    edited August 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?

    How does Adolf Eichmann fit into all this?  What an odd connection.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TXPosts: 920
    RIP Bernell Trammell. I just stumbled across this senseless killing that occurred over 2 weeks ago, sadly I guess his life didn't matter enough to garner any attention because he supported the wrong party and his death seemingly provided no value to the upcoming election. A potential politically driven murder of a black man is the type of story our media normally salivates over...if only his signs had a different name on them. Pick a side they say, no thanks.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin TorontoPosts: 1,628
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
    To me it looks like AG(?) Barr's face has been photoshopped onto the woman's body, but I'm likely wrong (actually, nothing surprises me these days from either side so I'd actually say I'm 50/50 on this, lol).

    Sad that a physical resemblance to a repugnant historical figure is enough now to slander someone (the last picture).  Let's go back to making fun of peoples' weight while we're at it.  I honestly can't tell who's the deplorable on that one, the poster or those depicted.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

    10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,017
    edited August 2020
    JW269453 said:
    P Bernell Trammell. I just stumbled across this senseless killing that occurred over 2 weeks ago, sadly I guess his life didn't matter enough to garner any attention because he supported the wrong party and his death seemingly provided no value to the upcoming election. A potential politically driven murder of a black man is the type of story our media normally salivates over...if only his signs had a different name on them. Pick a side they say, no thanks.
    Probably slipped through the cracks when it was pointed out that he was a supporter of BLM and Milwaukee’s Dem mayor after the right tried to play up the Trump endorsement. 


    Funny seeing Trumpers complaining about personal attacks. 
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo FacePosts: 6,291
    edited August 2020
    Deplorable behavior by the privileged white nitwits of Portland:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/PortlandPolice/status/1291602683267178502
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TXPosts: 920
    DewieCox said:
    JW269453 said:
    P Bernell Trammell. I just stumbled across this senseless killing that occurred over 2 weeks ago, sadly I guess his life didn't matter enough to garner any attention because he supported the wrong party and his death seemingly provided no value to the upcoming election. A potential politically driven murder of a black man is the type of story our media normally salivates over...if only his signs had a different name on them. Pick a side they say, no thanks.
    Probably slipped through the cracks when it was pointed out that he was a supporter of BLM and Milwaukee’s Dem mayor after the right tried to play up the Trump endorsement. 


    Funny seeing Trumpers complaining about personal attacks. 
    What did BLM have to say about one of their vocal supporters being murdered in broad daylight? Maybe they are still preparing a statement. Questioning the coverage of a story that directly coincides with the times makes me a trumper?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,017
    edited August 2020
    Haven’t seen anything. I’ll give them a pass as they weren the ones that latched onto the story and immediately tried to spin it in a specific direction with absolutely nothing to go on.

    We need more people willing to support issues in both directions, especially if they can remain well regarded. 

    Trumper part was a separate statement directed at Trump supporters. 
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 6,262
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
    To me it looks like AG(?) Barr's face has been photoshopped onto the woman's body, but I'm likely wrong (actually, nothing surprises me these days from either side so I'd actually say I'm 50/50 on this, lol).

    Sad that a physical resemblance to a repugnant historical figure is enough now to slander someone (the last picture).  Let's go back to making fun of peoples' weight while we're at it.  I honestly can't tell who's the deplorable on that one, the poster or those depicted.
    I didn’t think that was photoshopped. My first impression is she was being made fun of because of her looks and weight and compared to all “deplorables.” 
    Since an explanation hasn’t been provided as to what those pictures have to do with anything, that pretty much confirms it.
    Were down to fat shaming when we run out of points to make. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 12,458
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
    To me it looks like AG(?) Barr's face has been photoshopped onto the woman's body, but I'm likely wrong (actually, nothing surprises me these days from either side so I'd actually say I'm 50/50 on this, lol).

    Sad that a physical resemblance to a repugnant historical figure is enough now to slander someone (the last picture).  Let's go back to making fun of peoples' weight while we're at it.  I honestly can't tell who's the deplorable on that one, the poster or those depicted.
    I didn’t think that was photoshopped. My first impression is she was being made fun of because of her looks and weight and compared to all “deplorables.” 
    Since an explanation hasn’t been provided as to what those pictures have to do with anything, that pretty much confirms it.
    Were down to fat shaming when we run out of points to make. 
    Why make the assumption it’s “fat shaming”? 

    I assumed the point was the stupid t shirt. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 4,778
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
    To me it looks like AG(?) Barr's face has been photoshopped onto the woman's body, but I'm likely wrong (actually, nothing surprises me these days from either side so I'd actually say I'm 50/50 on this, lol).

    Sad that a physical resemblance to a repugnant historical figure is enough now to slander someone (the last picture).  Let's go back to making fun of peoples' weight while we're at it.  I honestly can't tell who's the deplorable on that one, the poster or those depicted.
    I didn’t think that was photoshopped. My first impression is she was being made fun of because of her looks and weight and compared to all “deplorables.” 
    Since an explanation hasn’t been provided as to what those pictures have to do with anything, that pretty much confirms it.
    Were down to fat shaming when we run out of points to make. 
    Why make the assumption it’s “fat shaming”? 

    I assumed the point was the stupid t shirt. 
    Why post these pictures at all in response to an article about a few Portland protestors attempting to burn people alive? Why post these pictures at all in a BLM thread? 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 9,106
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
    To me it looks like AG(?) Barr's face has been photoshopped onto the woman's body, but I'm likely wrong (actually, nothing surprises me these days from either side so I'd actually say I'm 50/50 on this, lol).

    Sad that a physical resemblance to a repugnant historical figure is enough now to slander someone (the last picture).  Let's go back to making fun of peoples' weight while we're at it.  I honestly can't tell who's the deplorable on that one, the poster or those depicted.
    I didn’t think that was photoshopped. My first impression is she was being made fun of because of her looks and weight and compared to all “deplorables.” 
    Since an explanation hasn’t been provided as to what those pictures have to do with anything, that pretty much confirms it.
    Were down to fat shaming when we run out of points to make. 
    Why make the assumption it’s “fat shaming”? 

    I assumed the point was the stupid t shirt. 
    Deplorable

    They are everywhere

    Portland
    the white house
    Pearl Jam fan board
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 6,262
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
    To me it looks like AG(?) Barr's face has been photoshopped onto the woman's body, but I'm likely wrong (actually, nothing surprises me these days from either side so I'd actually say I'm 50/50 on this, lol).

    Sad that a physical resemblance to a repugnant historical figure is enough now to slander someone (the last picture).  Let's go back to making fun of peoples' weight while we're at it.  I honestly can't tell who's the deplorable on that one, the poster or those depicted.
    I didn’t think that was photoshopped. My first impression is she was being made fun of because of her looks and weight and compared to all “deplorables.” 
    Since an explanation hasn’t been provided as to what those pictures have to do with anything, that pretty much confirms it.
    Were down to fat shaming when we run out of points to make. 
    Why make the assumption it’s “fat shaming”? 

    I assumed the point was the stupid t shirt. 
    Because none of the pictures had anything to do with the topic. And seems like an odd picture to chose if you weren’t make fun of her, there’s lots of others to pick from.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin TorontoPosts: 1,628
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
    To me it looks like AG(?) Barr's face has been photoshopped onto the woman's body, but I'm likely wrong (actually, nothing surprises me these days from either side so I'd actually say I'm 50/50 on this, lol).

    Sad that a physical resemblance to a repugnant historical figure is enough now to slander someone (the last picture).  Let's go back to making fun of peoples' weight while we're at it.  I honestly can't tell who's the deplorable on that one, the poster or those depicted.
    I didn’t think that was photoshopped. My first impression is she was being made fun of because of her looks and weight and compared to all “deplorables.” 
    Since an explanation hasn’t been provided as to what those pictures have to do with anything, that pretty much confirms it.
    Were down to fat shaming when we run out of points to make. 
    My hope was that it was an attempt at being witty with that picture, not the low hanging fruit of making fun of someone's looks.  You're right, with no further explanation, there's not really any other options to consider.  Honestly, it's that sort of thing that gets Hillary's "deplorables" out to vote in droves, giving us the last 4 years (and possibly 4 more).  There's an interesting documentary called Hillbilly that might open some eyes.
    Sorry for dragging things a bit further off-topic, since I've been in a headlines-only bubble the last couple weeks I can't really add much otherwise at the moment, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

    10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 12,458
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
    To me it looks like AG(?) Barr's face has been photoshopped onto the woman's body, but I'm likely wrong (actually, nothing surprises me these days from either side so I'd actually say I'm 50/50 on this, lol).

    Sad that a physical resemblance to a repugnant historical figure is enough now to slander someone (the last picture).  Let's go back to making fun of peoples' weight while we're at it.  I honestly can't tell who's the deplorable on that one, the poster or those depicted.
    I didn’t think that was photoshopped. My first impression is she was being made fun of because of her looks and weight and compared to all “deplorables.” 
    Since an explanation hasn’t been provided as to what those pictures have to do with anything, that pretty much confirms it.
    Were down to fat shaming when we run out of points to make. 
    My hope was that it was an attempt at being witty with that picture, not the low hanging fruit of making fun of someone's looks.  You're right, with no further explanation, there's not really any other options to consider.  Honestly, it's that sort of thing that gets Hillary's "deplorables" out to vote in droves, giving us the last 4 years (and possibly 4 more).  There's an interesting documentary called Hillbilly that might open some eyes.
    Sorry for dragging things a bit further off-topic, since I've been in a headlines-only bubble the last couple weeks I can't really add much otherwise at the moment, lol.
    Well, since I’ve given an example of another option to consider, you’re incorrect that you had no choice but to assume it was about fat shaming. You just chose to assume that. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TXPosts: 920
    edited August 2020
    DewieCox said:
    Haven’t seen anything. I’ll give them a pass as they weren the ones that latched onto the story and immediately tried to spin it in a specific direction with absolutely nothing to go on.

    We need more people willing to support issues in both directions, especially if they can remain well regarded. 

    Trumper part was a separate statement directed at Trump supporters. 
    Gotcha, it seems like on here unless one makes a point to trash trump on a daily basis or dares to question the narrative they are often confused as supporters.
    Post edited by FiveBelow on
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin TorontoPosts: 1,628
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
    To me it looks like AG(?) Barr's face has been photoshopped onto the woman's body, but I'm likely wrong (actually, nothing surprises me these days from either side so I'd actually say I'm 50/50 on this, lol).

    Sad that a physical resemblance to a repugnant historical figure is enough now to slander someone (the last picture).  Let's go back to making fun of peoples' weight while we're at it.  I honestly can't tell who's the deplorable on that one, the poster or those depicted.
    I didn’t think that was photoshopped. My first impression is she was being made fun of because of her looks and weight and compared to all “deplorables.” 
    Since an explanation hasn’t been provided as to what those pictures have to do with anything, that pretty much confirms it.
    Were down to fat shaming when we run out of points to make. 
    My hope was that it was an attempt at being witty with that picture, not the low hanging fruit of making fun of someone's looks.  You're right, with no further explanation, there's not really any other options to consider.  Honestly, it's that sort of thing that gets Hillary's "deplorables" out to vote in droves, giving us the last 4 years (and possibly 4 more).  There's an interesting documentary called Hillbilly that might open some eyes.
    Sorry for dragging things a bit further off-topic, since I've been in a headlines-only bubble the last couple weeks I can't really add much otherwise at the moment, lol.
    Well, since I’ve given an example of another option to consider, you’re incorrect that you had no choice but to assume it was about fat shaming. You just chose to assume that. 
    You're right, I made a choice.  I stand by it, based on the subject in the picture chosen by the poster.  They didn't choose a picture of a hardbodied Proud Boy in a Trump shirt, they chose an overweight, older woman.  Short of an explanation, we're all making assumptions here, and you can stand by your assumption, of course. I don't see mocking someone's fashion choices as being more than one or two branches above the fat shaming.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

    10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 6,262
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
    To me it looks like AG(?) Barr's face has been photoshopped onto the woman's body, but I'm likely wrong (actually, nothing surprises me these days from either side so I'd actually say I'm 50/50 on this, lol).

    Sad that a physical resemblance to a repugnant historical figure is enough now to slander someone (the last picture).  Let's go back to making fun of peoples' weight while we're at it.  I honestly can't tell who's the deplorable on that one, the poster or those depicted.
    I didn’t think that was photoshopped. My first impression is she was being made fun of because of her looks and weight and compared to all “deplorables.” 
    Since an explanation hasn’t been provided as to what those pictures have to do with anything, that pretty much confirms it.
    Were down to fat shaming when we run out of points to make. 
    My hope was that it was an attempt at being witty with that picture, not the low hanging fruit of making fun of someone's looks.  You're right, with no further explanation, there's not really any other options to consider.  Honestly, it's that sort of thing that gets Hillary's "deplorables" out to vote in droves, giving us the last 4 years (and possibly 4 more).  There's an interesting documentary called Hillbilly that might open some eyes.
    Sorry for dragging things a bit further off-topic, since I've been in a headlines-only bubble the last couple weeks I can't really add much otherwise at the moment, lol.
    Well, since I’ve given an example of another option to consider, you’re incorrect that you had no choice but to assume it was about fat shaming. You just chose to assume that. 
    The poster hasn’t given an explanation of the picture. Those shorts have been around for 5 years, what’s the point of posting it to show the shirt? None. It’s pretty clear it was meant to make fun of a Trump supporter.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 6,262
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Deplorables doing deplorable things.  
    Did you say "deplorables"?


    Really curious about that middle picture and what that has to do with anything. Is she deplorable because of the way she looks to you?
    To me it looks like AG(?) Barr's face has been photoshopped onto the woman's body, but I'm likely wrong (actually, nothing surprises me these days from either side so I'd actually say I'm 50/50 on this, lol).

    Sad that a physical resemblance to a repugnant historical figure is enough now to slander someone (the last picture).  Let's go back to making fun of peoples' weight while we're at it.  I honestly can't tell who's the deplorable on that one, the poster or those depicted.
    I didn’t think that was photoshopped. My first impression is she was being made fun of because of her looks and weight and compared to all “deplorables.” 
    Since an explanation hasn’t been provided as to what those pictures have to do with anything, that pretty much confirms it.
    Were down to fat shaming when we run out of points to make. 
    Why make the assumption it’s “fat shaming”? 

    I assumed the point was the stupid t shirt. 
    Deplorable

    They are everywhere

    Portland
    the white house
    Pearl Jam fan board
    What post on the PJ fan board is deplorable to you? 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 35,018
    Where am I? 

    This is so AMT:
    Log on. 
    Open thread.
    Read the most recent dozen or so post.
    Wonder what on earth the thread is about.
    Go back to thread title.
    Go back to recent posts.
    Continue scratching head.
    Check bathroom cabinet for Head and Shoulders.
    Grab another brew or go have a smoke.

    Good night.  :smile: 
    "I believe in the mystery, and I don't want to take it any further than that. Maybe what I mean by that is love."
    -John Densmore











Sign In or Register to comment.