Global Gigaton Listening Experience - Apple TV x Dolby Atmos

Comments

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,030
    Sounds great! The lyrics are even better  =)

• BR2428BR2428 Posts: 129
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    demetrios said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    It’s not on my Apple TV :s 

Search Gigaton. I logged into my girls Apple TV account. Pearl Jam didn't show up. Gotta search for it to view.
    I found it in the Apple TV app on my phone but not on my TV. The Apple TV box is basically just iTunes, right?! It’s not there. And when I try playing it on my TV via AirPlay it just displays an error message 
    Same here.  Can you not get the Apple TV app through the Apple TV box?
    Doesn’t look like it. I can access the iTunes Store but not the App Store. My box is probably too old, I‘ve had it for 6 years at least 
    I have a 3rd Generation Apple TV and can’t find it. I’m guessing you need one of the newer boxes that has the App Store.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    demetrios said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Search Gigaton. I logged into my girls Apple TV account. Pearl Jam didn't show up. Gotta search for it to view.
    I found it in the Apple TV app on my phone but not on my TV. The Apple TV box is basically just iTunes, right?! It’s not there. And when I try playing it on my TV via AirPlay it just displays an error message 
    Doesn’t look like it. I can access the iTunes Store but not the App Store. My box is probably too old, I‘ve had it for 6 years at least 
    I have a 3rd Generation Apple TV and can’t find it. I’m guessing you need one of the newer boxes that has the App Store.
    I guess so. Oh well, doesn’t matter, I don’t have Dolby Atmos anyway :)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,716
    BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    demetrios said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Yeah. But also, Apple TV is just included as a base app. No need to DL it. 
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 220
    BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    demetrios said:
    JPPJ84 said:

You can watch it on an older Apple TV.  Just perform a search for Gigaton and it comes up.  Watching it now.  My Apple TV is 6 years old. 
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Posts: 2,737

I put together an Atmos / 4K UHD system in my basement, and I'll tell you movies using this tech sound incredible. I can't wait to check out Gigaton!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    demetrios said:
    JPPJ84 said:

You can watch it on an older Apple TV.  Just perform a search for Gigaton and it comes up.  Watching it now.  My Apple TV is 6 years old. 
    Where exactly do you search? I can only do a search in iTunes for movies or TV shows via my Apple TV. It doesn't show up
  • marjenmarjen Posts: 807
    This sounds great through my atmos setup. I usually listen with all speakers anyway but the mix puts very distinct sounds in each speaker creating an incredible mix. Getting sounds I have not heard with the album before. I have a 7.1.2 atmos system built around JBL studio speakers and an SVS sub. 
    Never heard Ed’s background vocals at the end of DotC before. 
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    I'm being dumb,but I can't just download the Apple TV app on my normal Windows laptop? It has to be a Mac?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • aliciavaliciav Posts: 48
    edited September 2021
    Post edited by aliciav on
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    demetrios said:
    I’m confused.  Is this something different from the stream released this morning?
    Same thing. 
    JPPJ84 said:
    BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    demetrios said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Where exactly do you search? I can only do a search in iTunes for movies or TV shows via my Apple TV. It doesn't show up
    I’m in the same boat here. Do you have the Apple TV with the silver remote or the newer Siri remote?
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Do you see the "Apple TV" app in the older generation Apple TV?  I've got an old silver remote one, and it's there.

Maybe you need to update the device software first...
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
    BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    demetrios said:
    JPPJ84 said:

I’m in the same boat here. Do you have the Apple TV with the silver remote or the newer Siri remote?
    Old silver remote. Software is up to date it says. No app, no App Store so that’s probably it
  • I have I have Sonos surround sound and it sounds pretty great with that. Really adds to Dance, QE, 7OC, and Retrograde. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,701
    I am watching now through my Amazon fire stick. It looks great. But I don't have any special speakers or Dolby Atmos - so sound is just coming out of my TV speakers. Watching this really makes me miss what it could have been like watching this on the big screen in the theaters with other fans hearing the whole album for the first time. That would have been an awesome experience.
    JPPJ84 said:
    BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    demetrios said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Old silver remote. Software is up to date it says. No app, no App Store so that’s probably it
    I found a support doc stating that the Apple TV app was available in Apple TV software version 7.3. My Apple TV is at 7.2.1. I’m going to dig into this a little more after work. 

• Mine just needed a software update.  Once that was done, Apple TV app was on the main screen and Gigaton popped right up.  (Also looking forward to watching the Spike Jonze Beastie Boys special, also out today.)
    BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    BR2428 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    demetrios said:
    JPPJ84 said:

I found a support doc stating that the Apple TV app was available in Apple TV software version 7.3. My Apple TV is at 7.2.1. I’m going to dig into this a little more after work. 

I‘m at version 6.2.1 which seems to be the best the old box can do. That’s what you get taking the old hand-me-downs from your dad ;) he can certainly watch it! 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,701
    I am loving the visuals with Retrograde - that slow motion butterfly - beautiful - and the gathering storm clouds at the end - perfect.
  • poisonpoison Posts: 65
    Are the visuals any different than what we have already seen on YouTube? 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,946
    This is the icon you’re looking for... after you click it search for Gigaton. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ReeneeFReeneeF Posts: 2
    I was able to download Apple TV streaming for free with my Amazon prime membership. 
  • Just as if Ed was sitting next to me on my couch. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees !!!!   Loving this.  
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    I'm watching it right now. I had to do a search for Pearl Jam, they don't make it easy. But it's a gem once you find it. Love it!!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,524
    I have a pretty awesome 5.0 setup.  I had a 5.1 but the front towers make so much bass, having a separate subwoofer was pointless. 

I'm playing this via the Apple TV app on my Fire TV 4k (which I only have a 1080p tv).  It looks amazing.   Doesn't sound nearly as amazing as bluray.. so I'm guessing it doesn't use the Atmos track on the fire stick :(