Global Gigaton Listening Experience - Apple TV x Dolby Atmos

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,784
    Damn. Now I'm gonna need an Apple TV subscription?
    I miss igotid88
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,314
    igotid88 said:
    Damn. Now I'm gonna need an Apple TV subscription?

Probsbly. Gonna sign up for the free month sub.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,836
    Guessing it's the Atmos film with a little bit of extra footage over the YouTube track videos?
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 219
    Gigaton is coming out as a BluRay in Dolby Atmos and 5.1 Surround Sound.  
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,836
    Apple TV is free for a year with new Apple product services (iPhone, iPad, etc) - worked for me on an iPhone upgrade back in September
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Apple?  Fuck that.

Wait for cheaty download rather than giving Apple a dime.
    Guess we won't get to see it in theaters 
    I miss igotid88
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    I see this is going over as well as that free U2 album.
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    George Costanza Seinfeld GIF - Find  Share on GIPHY
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
    I see this is going over as well as that free U2 album.
    No. You have a choice to watch.
    I miss igotid88
  • tschav said:
    Apple TV is free for a year with new Apple product services (iPhone, iPad, etc) - worked for me on an iPhone upgrade back in September
    My opinion is that this is not correct. You are talking about Apple TV +. And the spot is talking about Apple TV. So it should be for free as long as you have an account and the app or the box. 

Buy an Apple device

Get 1 year on us

Apple TV+ is included for one year when you purchase an Apple device and redeem the offer within 90 days.

Check eligibility

Free 7-day trial

$5.99/mo.

A monthly subscription is just $5.99 per month after a free 7-day trial. Share Apple TV+ with your family.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    So the thing that was going to be in theaters that we already saw on YouTube?

Give us a fucking live stream performance of the new album already. Jesus Christ.

www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    densan said:
    George Costanza Seinfeld GIF - Find  Share on GIPHY
    HAHA
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,711
    how? everyone is still on lockdown.

Apple TV or Apple TV+
    I miss igotid88

demetrios said:

Buy an Apple device

Get 1 year on us

Apple TV+ is included for one year when you purchase an Apple device and redeem the offer within 90 days.

Check eligibility

Free 7-day trial

$5.99/mo.

A monthly subscription is just $5.99 per month after a free 7-day trial. Share Apple TV+ with your family.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,711
    Sorry, I was responding to The Juggler.

How can they do live stream performance if they are all seperate?
  • bonebone Posts: 498
    edited April 2020
    I don't see a reference to Apple TV+ in the ad just Apple TV.  Frankly, there's not enough information on there to know anything, so I guess we will see.  Perhaps it's a installable App on Apple TV.  Perhaps it's a live stream that they will use the Apple TV app for similar to how a Channel is established on Apple TV.  Perhaps this is just the first look at it and Apple is the first company they've figured out details with and they are also working with other platforms to deliver for non-Apple users.  Perhaps this is the first test of them establishing a long term Apple Channel like Pearl Jam Radio with ongoing music and video content.  

Frankly, nothing to get excited or upset about until there is some kind of details with it.  

Post edited by bone on
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 219
    Buy the Gigaton Dolby Atmos Surround Sound BluRay coming soon...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,574

I don't know, but the Stones seemed to have figured it out the other day. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited April 2020

Maybe ask The Rolling Stones?

...or maybe perform while staying at least 6 feet away from each other...
    www.myspace.com
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,524
    edited April 2020
    tbergs said:

I'm not entirely sure they were all playing instruments... lol.  I think some of it might of been canned.   Charlie was playing his drumsticks on the weird things around him, and Keith was playing something...

Still... it turned out amazingly fun.... one of the highlights...

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,029
    Zod said:
    tbergs said:

I'm not entirely sure they were all playing instruments... lol.  I think some of it might of been canned.   Charlie was playing his drumsticks on the weird things around him, and Keith was playing something...

I’m guessing Mick played it solo to start, then the others layered tracks over it and they pieced it together to appear as if they were all playing together. 
    Hawk123 said:
    Zod said:
    tbergs said:

I’m guessing Mick played it solo to start, then the others layered tracks over it and they pieced it together to appear as if they were all playing together. 

has to be.  Lag on the best internet connection would still make playing together impossible.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    Hawk123 said:
    Zod said:
    tbergs said:

This
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106
    So the thing that was going to be in theaters that we already saw on YouTube?

Give us a fucking live stream performance of the new album already. Jesus Christ.

They owe you nothing. Brat.
    edited April 2020

Pearl Jam to Stream Gigaton Audiovisual Experience For Free on Apple TV
    The full album comes paired with immersive visuals

Prior to the release of Gigaton, grunge rock legends Pearl Jam were supposed to hold a massive listening party event in theaters all over the world. Because those plans were scrapped due to the ongoing pandemic, the band has decided to bring that special experience straight to fans’ homes.

Beginning tomorrow, April 24th, the “Gigaton Visual Experience” will be available to stream on Apple TV for free for the next seven days in over 100 countries. The immersive release features a full playback of the Gigaton album. Accompanying the music are vivid visuals curated and created by Evolve, the same filmmakers who helmed “Dance of the Clairvoyants”, Pearl Jam’s first official video in seven years.

“I’m excited for fans to be able to immerse themselves in the sound and to hear the depth and layers of these songs and performances,” Gigaton producer Josh Evans commented in a statement. “It’s truly a unique way to experience this album.”
    Editors' Picks

The “Gigaton Visual Experience” will be presented in both Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. After the free seven-day period, customers will be able to purchase or rent the release.

Considering Eddie Vedder & co. were forced to postpone their Gigaton tour because of COVID-19, this audiovisual experience should keep fans happy for the time being. For those looking for more of Pearl Jam, check out our photo gallery celebrating their powerful live shows over the years.