Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    Dude we know you libs are fine with racism when it’s a leftist, and one of them is spreading misinformation….and young was spreading mis info on a virus that a 100 percent death sentence….

Yeah, I've never seen a more racist bunch of idiots and Neil Young sucks.
    There, do you feel better now? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    edited February 2022
    Ha!
    Does this mean he's not joining the boycott?
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    edited February 2022

Big star on times square thanking Spotty-fi?  Sure sound like ka-shing to me.  I'd really like to be proven wrong.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    highly disappointing.  I bet this was contractually obligated thing long before Neil Young, but still
  • Options
    Wait, I thought we had freedom of association and speech? Neil exercised his as did Eddie. Has Joe been cancelled????

World has come undone.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    That is spitting in Neil Young’s face. 

Worst thing I’ve seen in some time. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,762

That’s it! I’m never listening to this earthlings album again!! 
  • Options
    Isn’t it weird how all those racist clips that the watchdogs dug up of Rogan existed this whole time but were never brought up? Covid misinformation is where he crossed the line though. What a weird world 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Not really.When shitbag behavior gets called out expect that other shitbag behavior will be searched out. 
  • Options
    Stuff has been brought up before
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,768
    nicknyr15 said:
    Isn’t it weird how all those racist clips that the watchdogs dug up of Rogan existed this whole time but were never brought up? Covid misinformation is where he crossed the line though. What a weird world 
    wasnt nearly as popular back then.

karma can be a bitch though....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:

I'm never listening to it once!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,768
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

ran throught it last night. meh. doesnt grab me. feels too 80s pop to me.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Same here. I absolutely hate the production on it. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Yeah I have only heard the singles and wasn't thrilled.  Add to that that I have probably only made it through Gigaton 2-3 times and I just don't have it in me to give the new solo record a try.  On the plus side I have loved everything that PJ and ed solo have done up to Gigaton.  They/He can't please everybody all the time.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Yeah I have only heard the singles and wasn't thrilled.  Add to that that I have probably only made it through Gigaton 2-3 times and I just don't have it in me to give the new solo record a try.  On the plus side I have loved everything that PJ and ed solo have done up to Gigaton.  They/He can't please everybody all the time.
    I agree. Be careful with that opinion on The Porch. There’s a few that find it impossible for anyone to not enjoy Gigaton or Earthlings.
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,185
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I’ll only listen to it if the title is changed to Misinformation Supporter!

Love earth
    Love Love Amazon
    Love Love Love Apple
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    it's so odd to me that people think that all musicians that are friends/we like are supposed to all agree in lockstep with each other. Ed hates Motley Crue. JEFF LIKES MOTLEY CRUE?? IS ED AWARE? WILL JEFF LEAVE THE BAND? UNCLE NEIL HATES SPOTIFY!!! ED, YOU'D BETTER THINK EXACTLY THE SAME AS OL' UNCLE NEIL!!!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    Wait, I thought we had freedom of association and speech? Neil exercised his as did Eddie. Has Joe been cancelled????

World has come undone.
    Expecting perfection leaves a lot to ignore. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    rumor is joe rogan is out of ufc 271.

if you are too toxic for dana white, that is pretty bad, right?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    it's so odd to me that people think that all musicians that are friends/we like are supposed to all agree in lockstep with each other. Ed hates Motley Crue. JEFF LIKES MOTLEY CRUE?? IS ED AWARE? WILL JEFF LEAVE THE BAND? UNCLE NEIL HATES SPOTIFY!!! ED, YOU'D BETTER THINK EXACTLY THE SAME AS OL' UNCLE NEIL!!!
    This post is odd to me.

The Mötley-thing and Eddie making the choice to thank Spoitify on his twitter while 270+ Doctors and Scientis in a letter, and Neil very vocally points out what Spotify is doing plattforming Joe Rogan, are two completely different things. 

• Options

they're citing it as a scheduling conflict. I don't buy it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    This post is odd to me.

The Mötley-thing and Eddie making the choice to thank Spoitify on his twitter while 270+ Doctors and Scientis in a letter, and Neil very vocally points out what Spotify is doing plattforming Joe Rogan, are two completely different things. 

i've noticed a lot of comments here on the forums lately of people being surprised that (insert musician) doesn't agree with (insert second musician) just because they are friends. my point is that all people are going to disagree on things, regardless of the optics of their politics. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

they're citing it as a scheduling conflict. I don't buy it. 
    Supposedly opening a comedy club but it’sa pretty big card for him to miss. Disney>ESPN>UFC
  • Options
    This post is odd to me.

i've noticed a lot of comments here on the forums lately of people being surprised that (insert musician) doesn't agree with (insert second musician) just because they are friends. my point is that all people are going to disagree on things, regardless of the optics of their politics. 
    I hear you,

but being surprised by Eddie officially  thanking Spotify and Pearl Jam not even commenting on the situation, with their own history as artists and their history with Mr. Young doesn't mean you believe to know how these peeps friendships look.

If I asked you, "do you think Eddie will thank and highlight Spotify on his twitter" in the midst of this Spotify thing - I would imagine, without being friend with you, you would chuckle and then say "No".
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    tbergs said:
    The hero worship had to have been BS. If not, that person needs some guidance in life. I love PJ, but I would never call Eddie Vedder my hero. That type of thinking is weird. A hero is someone who sacrifices something for the greater good, you know, a selfless act or deed, not mostly selfish and void of empathy.
    Like Batman.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    tbergs said:
    The hero worship had to have been BS. If not, that person needs some guidance in life. I love PJ, but I would never call Eddie Vedder my hero. That type of thinking is weird. A hero is someone who sacrifices something for the greater good, you know, a selfless act or deed, not mostly selfish and void of empathy.
    Like Batman.
    https://youtu.be/oPeKydlhsrE
    This weekend we rock Portland