Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,440
    OnWis97 said:
    If the election were held today, Trump beats Biden pretty easily. I know Biden's old (but, hey, who isn't in this election?) but that this is even possible, much less likely, says something about who America is today.

Part of me thinks the best way to serve his country right now is for Joe to say "time for me to retire. I won't be running for re-election." The only hesitancy I have is that the Dems don't really have any good candidates waiting on the bench. That said, someone under 80 that isn't a retread of the past 15 years might have a chance to beat the polarizing wannabe autocrat.
    hard disagree here. biden destroyed trump in 2020. he will do it again. the young and diverse voters that biden attracted against trump carried him to a big victory. that said, biden is pissing off those young voter because of his blanket support of the israeli government.

you are looking at polls taken by calling home phones of just over 3000 people. nobody has home phones anymore so the sample is completely flawed.
    True....however you can't just put your head in the sand and ignore the polls. That is what maga has done for years while losing election after election cycle...

do not forget that maga loses an election cycle and they do not learn from it. they double down and come back far more hardcore right, ignoring the fact that this is why people do not vote for them.

i still say polls a year out, calling old people who sit at home all day and have home phones that watch fox news, are probably not the most reliable indicator of where our body politic is at any given moment. that is not the reality we live in today. most people do not have home phones, and most people do not actually answer the phone when strange phone numbers call.
    You're essentially calling the polls fake news for different reasons maga's called it fake news.

If the polling showed the opposite results, I think you'd be singing a different tune today. 
    i would not take stock in any polls 52 weeks before an election. it is probably a good rule of thumb these days because polls do not reflect the population as a whole.
    Well you should take all polls with a grain of salt of course. It's not an exact science. But the polls 52 weeks out of the last presidential election were a pretty good indicator of Biden's overall strength verses Trump. 

Last night showed polling being relatively on point with voter's preferring dem polices verses republicans' and we've seen that play out over the last few years. 

The issue dems need to work on is Biden himself. You can see that in the polling that has a generic dem soundly defeating Trump while Biden is essentially tied or down to him.

But the fact that voters prefer dem policies shows that this is a problem they can correct over the next year. I would not ignore negative polling, that is a recipe for disaster. I would, instead, use it as a wake up call. 
    Well, the polls said Hilary would win and I woke up in 2016 wanting to vomit.  Then I woke up in 2020 prepared for four more years of disgust only to be thoroughly elated.  Fuck trump and all those who voted for him.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,455
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    If the election were held today, Trump beats Biden pretty easily. I know Biden's old (but, hey, who isn't in this election?) but that this is even possible, much less likely, says something about who America is today.

Part of me thinks the best way to serve his country right now is for Joe to say "time for me to retire. I won't be running for re-election." The only hesitancy I have is that the Dems don't really have any good candidates waiting on the bench. That said, someone under 80 that isn't a retread of the past 15 years might have a chance to beat the polarizing wannabe autocrat.
    hard disagree here. biden destroyed trump in 2020. he will do it again. the young and diverse voters that biden attracted against trump carried him to a big victory. that said, biden is pissing off those young voter because of his blanket support of the israeli government.

you are looking at polls taken by calling home phones of just over 3000 people. nobody has home phones anymore so the sample is completely flawed.
    True....however you can't just put your head in the sand and ignore the polls. That is what maga has done for years while losing election after election cycle...

do not forget that maga loses an election cycle and they do not learn from it. they double down and come back far more hardcore right, ignoring the fact that this is why people do not vote for them.

i still say polls a year out, calling old people who sit at home all day and have home phones that watch fox news, are probably not the most reliable indicator of where our body politic is at any given moment. that is not the reality we live in today. most people do not have home phones, and most people do not actually answer the phone when strange phone numbers call.
    You're essentially calling the polls fake news for different reasons maga's called it fake news.

If the polling showed the opposite results, I think you'd be singing a different tune today. 
    i would not take stock in any polls 52 weeks before an election. it is probably a good rule of thumb these days because polls do not reflect the population as a whole.
    Well you should take all polls with a grain of salt of course. It's not an exact science. But the polls 52 weeks out of the last presidential election were a pretty good indicator of Biden's overall strength verses Trump. 

Last night showed polling being relatively on point with voter's preferring dem polices verses republicans' and we've seen that play out over the last few years. 

The issue dems need to work on is Biden himself. You can see that in the polling that has a generic dem soundly defeating Trump while Biden is essentially tied or down to him.

But the fact that voters prefer dem policies shows that this is a problem they can correct over the next year. I would not ignore negative polling, that is a recipe for disaster. I would, instead, use it as a wake up call. 
    Well, the polls said Hilary would win and I woke up in 2016 wanting to vomit.  Then I woke up in 2020 prepared for four more years of disgust only to be thoroughly elated.  Fuck trump and all those who voted for him.  
    The 2016 polls correctly predicted Hillary would win more votes and she likely would have own the election if Comey didn't interfere in the end.

The 2020 polling correctly predicted Biden winning as well. I could be wrong but I believe Biden led just about every single head to head poll vs Trump in the year plus leading up to that election. 

Agreed on your last sentence!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,440
    OnWis97 said:

The 2016 polls correctly predicted Hillary would win more votes and she likely would have own the election if Comey didn't interfere in the end.

The 2020 polling correctly predicted Biden winning as well. I could be wrong but I believe Biden led just about every single head to head poll vs Trump in the year plus leading up to that election. 

Agreed on your last sentence!
    No doubt you’re correct because I try not to pay attention to polls too often.  I just recall my feelings the day after! 😂  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,333
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,084
    Biden
    The Kentucky's governor's race has predicted the last 5 presidential elections. (per Kyle Griffin on twitter)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,455
    edited November 2023
    Biden
    I think his is the right way to look at things. A year is a very long amount of time for them to get their shit together though. And last night was encouraging. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/08/bidens-ottawa-envoy-calls-trump-polling-sobering-and-scary-00126077

Biden adviser-turned-ambassador opens up on ‘scary’ 2024 polling

Ambassador David Cohen says survey of key states reveals a roadmap of work that needs to be done.

U.S. Ambassador David Cohen advised a Canadian audience on Tuesday not to underestimate President Joe Biden. | Sean Kilpatrick/The Canadian Press

OTTAWA, Ont. — President Joe Biden’s envoy in Ottawa confided to a crowd of Canadians that fresh polling in key swing states is “sobering and scary.”

A New York Times/Siena survey published Sunday gave former President Donald Trump an edge in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada and Pennsylvania. Biden led only in Wisconsin. Combining the data from all six states, Trump led Biden 48 percent to 44 percent.

“For people in Canada or the United States who are concerned or troubled by a prospective second term for Donald Trump, those polling results are sobering and scary,” U.S. Ambassador David Cohen told a conference of manufacturers and exporters in Canada’s capital on Tuesday.

The comments represented an unusual swerve into domestic U.S. politics by a sitting ambassador and a striking admission of Biden’s vulnerability by one of his most loyal political allies. The White House and Biden campaign have spent much of the past few days working to calm the nerves of Democrats after the latest wave of grim polling on the 2024 election.

“I am certainly not looking at the current state of play and saying, ‘Oh, my God, it’s all over. There’s no way Joe Biden can get re-elected,’” Cohen added. “Anyone who has that attitude is probably making a big mistake.”

At least 60 percent of the voters in each state polled in the Times/Siena survey said the United States is headed in the wrong direction. Cohen said he was worried to see voters’ views on “issues of concern” in the poll, which “strongly favor” a potential Trump candidacy.

Cohen, a “wonk rock star” in Washington and a key Democratic fundraiser, is a long-time friend of the president. He hosted a fundraiser for Biden on his first official day as a presidential candidate in April 2019.

He has been Biden’s point person in Ottawa since December 2021.

Cohen acknowledged Tuesday that his embassy team reminds him constantly that he’s no longer in the political business.

“I’m the U.S. ambassador, I’m not a political consultant,” he told the business crowd.

But when asked a political question, he said, “I sort of can’t control myself … Since you’ve opened the door by asking me a question, I figure it’d be rude of me not to say something.”

Cohen’s message for Democrats: Don’t freak out.

“I’ve known the president for more than 30 years. He’s not capable of panicking,” Cohen said.

“For me, it is more laying out a roadmap of the work that needs to be done over the next year, than causing anyone to push the panic button,” he said.

Off-year elections in nearly 40 states on Tuesday offered Democrats reason to celebrate, though it’s unclear how much credit Biden himself deserves.

Speaking before those results were known, Cohen told listeners not to underestimate Biden.

“He has been declared dead or irrelevant more times than any elected official just in his presidency,” Cohen said.

The ambassador told Canadians that a year in U.S. politics “is longer than an eternity.” He said Biden wasn’t a favorite to win the Democratic nomination at the same point in the 2020 election cycle.

Cohen also pointed to an “unprecedented time of disruption in politics,” name-checking the U.S., Western Europe and Argentina, though not Canada.

“A variety of countries are facing tremendous disruptions with significant outsized influence by populist, usually very conservative movements — they’re movements more than they are parties — that are very disruptive to the political process,” he said.

During his first year on the job, Cohen told POLITICO he considered it his top priority to repair the Canada-U.S. relationship after four years of Trump.

“I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked the question, on or off the record, of — just where does Canada stand with the United States?” he said in an interview.

“There’s a thirst for a restoration of the full friendship and full partnership and full ally-ship. … And I’ve sort of grafted that onto my job.”

The ambassador took time Tuesday to affirm Biden’s commitment to organized labor in the aftermath of a spate of high-profile strikes on both sides of the border.

“Unions mean there is democracy. The United States is committed to getting the conversation on unions right,” he said.

The ambassador credited Canada’s labor minister, Seamus O’Regan, for his work in resolving a railway strike in 2022, a British Columbia ports strike this past summer and a St. Lawrence Seaway strike in October. He also credited Detroit’s big three automakers with inking new collective agreements with separate unions — Unifor and the UAW — in both countries.

Cohen insisted a continental commitment to reliable supply chains should never threaten workers’ collective bargaining rights.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The brilliantly, brilliance of brilliant brilliancy of a campaign strategy because this is the most pressing issue facing 'Murica.

“He would call her from the Oval all the time and ask questions,” said a former member of her staff, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private events. For his reelection launch in 2020, this person told us: “He called and said, ‘Should I come down the escalator again?’ She said, ‘No, you’ve already done that.’”

Behind the scenes on the campaign, Melania is described as an “occasional” presence. She sits in on some meetings, but she rarely hovers. And, according to one staff member, she “is never shy about giving her opinion.” With regard to said opinions: Trump listens when Melania offers suggestions, but doesn’t always take the advice. She has, for example, suggested he stop making fun of transgender athletes and refrain from his goofy arm-based dancing he often features onstage. He hasn’t stopped either.

“She said, ‘Darling, I love you, I love you, but this is not presidential,’” Trump told a crowd recently in Sioux City, Iowa, before later announcing: “The country’s going to hell in a handbasket. Let’s do a little dancing.”

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Genies live in boxes now? Learn something new every day.

“What they’ve done is they’ve released the genie out of the box,” the former president continued, adding, “You know, when you’re president and you’ve done a good job and you’re popular, you don’t go after them so you can win an election.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    There’s a choice, right? CULT versus normalcy, eh?

John Hendrickson of The Atlantic was at Trump’s political rally in Hialeah, Florida, on Wednesday, where the former president railed against those “coming into our country,” people he compared to “Hannibal Lecter,” a fictional serial killer who ate his victims. Trump said that under Biden, the U.S. has become “the dumping ground of the world,” and he attacked the “liars and leeches” who have been “sucking the life and blood” out of the country. He also attacked the “rotten, corrupt, and tyrannical establishment” of Washington, D.C.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    i can't say that i was expecting anything any different from the man that has lied over 34,000 times while in office...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    What’s up with Sydney PowOwe dressing and looking like the great aunt who never had kids who poisons the neighborhood kids at Halloween with poison laced cookies? Leopard print to school marm? Hoping the grandmotherly look equates to leniency?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    this was the current year out poll discussion thread, right? si hard to keep track.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    What are they worried about? 

It's not as if the GOP is fomenting an environment of violence or echoing Nazi talking points. 

People need to stop blaming the GOP for what the GOP is doing. 
  • Options
    Biden
    amazing. charged basically with intimidating a witness and get you bond revoked for the same....

• Options

• Options
    Biden
    joining Mi Az and I believe Wi in this type of investigation....

• Options

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271
    Biden
    yes this is the "polls a year out" thread. haha
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,933
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    What are they worried about? 

It's not as if the GOP is fomenting an environment of violence or echoing Nazi talking points. 

People need to stop blaming the GOP for what the GOP is doing. 

Exactly.  The GOP know exactly what they are doing.  They've got everything is under control!
    Car Spinning Out GIFs  Tenor

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

• Options

• Options