Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,060
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,196
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    looks like cheese bro may have made a huge mistake.

almost as bad as the one he made where he decided to work with trump in the first place.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,359
    https://www.threads.net/@margotdurkin/post/Cy3phhDLxPP/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
    BJ how about this can’t be good news for your MAGA world 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,806
    Biden
    The gifted op ed/ interview article here just oozes with the frustration many of us feel.  I felt queasy just reading this and the potential of catastrophe simply overwhelms me.

Trump May Not Need a Coup This Time

Nov. 6, 2023

Gail Collins: Bret, I know you’re busy writing about your reporting trip to Israel, and I am looking forward to reading all your thoughts. But, gee, can we talk about the Times-Siena poll on the presidential race that came out on Sunday? Donald Trump is ahead in almost all the critical states.

Yow. Pardon me while I pour myself a drink.

Bret Stephens: Nice to be home. Please pour me one while you’re at it.

For readers who don’t know the gory details of the poll, here they are: Across six battleground states, Trump leads President Biden 48 percent to 44 percent among registered voters. In the crucial swing states that Biden won last time, Trump is ahead in five — Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada and Pennsylvania — while Biden leads only in Wisconsin. Biden is losing support from young voters, Hispanic voters, Black voters — constituencies Democrats have depended on for decades to overcome the longstanding Republican advantage among whites.

Women voters favor Biden by eight percentage points, 50 percent to 42 percent, but men favor Trump by a far wider 18-point spread: 55 percent to 37 percent. (I guess that’s another definition for the term “manspreading.”) On the economy, voters prefer Trump over Biden by a 22-point margin. And a whopping 71 percent think Biden is too old to be president, as opposed to just 39 percent for Trump.

Gail: Whimper, whimper.

Bret: Basically, this poll is to Biden’s second-term ambitions what sunlight is to morning fog. Isn’t it time for him to bow out gracefully and focus his remaining energies on the crises of the moment, particularly Ukraine and the Middle East, instead of gearing up for a punishing campaign while setting the country up for Trump’s catastrophic comeback?

Gail: Well, you and I both hoped he wouldn’t run for re-election. But he did, and he is — and as I’ve said nine million times, he’s only three years older than Donald Trump and appears to be in much better physical condition.

Bret: For all we know, Biden may be physically fitter than Alex Honnold and mentally sharper than Garry Kasparov, even if he’s hiding it well. But this poll is pretty much voters yelling, “We don’t think so.” Ignore it at your peril.

How about putting in a good word for Dean Phillips, the Minnesota representative challenging Biden? Or at least urging the Biden team to lose Kamala Harris in favor of a veep pick more Americans would feel confident about as a potential president, like Lloyd Austin, the defense secretary?

Gail: I’m not gonna argue about perfect-world scenarios. Harris might not be your ideal potential president — or mine — but dumping her from the ticket would suggest some historic degree of bad performance. And she really hasn’t done anything wrong.

Bret: Harris could well be the best vice president ever, though she’s also hiding it well. But the point here is that voters are underwhelmed, and her presence on the ticket compounds Biden’s already abysmal numbers.

Gail: I’m tormented by this whole national vision of Biden as an aging dolt while Trump plays the energetic orator. As our colleagues Michael Bender and Michael Gold pointed out recently, Trump’s had “a string of unforced gaffes, garble and general disjointedness” in his speeches lately.

Bret: Trump has always been the Tsar Bomba of idiocy. But too many people seem more impressed by his rhetorical force than appalled by his moral and ideological destructiveness.

Gail: Why does Biden have this terrible image while Trump’s his old, fun-under-multiple-indictments self?

Bret: That’s a great question. As a matter of law, I think Trump belongs in jail. The political problem is that the indictments help him, because they play to his outlaw appeal. He wants to cast himself as the Josey Wales of American politics. His entire argument is that “the system” — particularly the Justice Department — is broken, biased and corrupt, so anything the system does against him is proof of its corruption rather than of his. And tens of millions of people agree with him.

Gail: This is the world that grew up around us when the Riddler was more fun than Batman.

Bret: Perfectly said. The good news in the Times-Siena poll is that Trump’s negatives are also very high. They’re just not as high as Biden’s. Which means Democrats could easily hold the White House with another candidate. But you seem reluctant to push the idea.

Gail: Yeah, since Biden is very, very definitely running, I don’t see any point in whining about the fact that I wish he wasn’t. He’d still be 10 times a better president than Trump.

Bret: I just refuse to believe Biden’s candidacy is inevitable. Democrats seem to have talked themselves into thinking that any primary challenge to Biden just guarantees an eventual Republican victory, since that’s what tends to happen to incumbent presidents, like George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford. But the alternative is to watch Biden risk his single greatest accomplishment — defeating an incumbent Trump in the first place — by heedlessly running in the face of overwhelming public skepticism.

Gail: What’s so frustrating is — Biden has a really fine record. The economy has picked up. He’s gotten a huge program passed for infrastructure projects like better roads and bridges. He’s always got the fight against global warming on his agenda. He stands up firmly for social issues most Americans support, like abortion rights.

Bret: All the more reason for him to rest on his laurels and pass the baton to a younger generation. I can think of a half-dozen Democrats, particularly governors, who would trounce Trump in a general election just by showing up to the debate with a pulse and a brain. Let me just start with four: Gretchen Whitmer, Josh Shapiro, Jared Polis, Wes Moore. …

Gail: I know Trump appears more energetic, but he’s really only a whole lot louder. Either way, his multitudinous defects in character and policy really should make the difference.

Bret: Hope you’re right. Fear you’re not.

Gail: Sigh. Let’s change the subject. You’re in charge of Republicans — what’s your party going to do about the dreaded Senator Tommy Tuberville?

Bret: For the record, I quit the G.O.P. more than five years ago.

As for Tuberville, who is holding some 370 senior military promotions hostage because he objects to Pentagon policies on abortion, I suggest he should have a look at what just happened in Israel. The country just paid a dreadful price in lives in part because far-right politicians ignored the degradation of the country’s military readiness while they pursued their ideological fixations. I hope defense hawks like Lindsey Graham join forces with the Senate majority leader, Chuck Schumer, to change Senate rules and move the nominations to a vote.

Speaking of Congress, your thoughts on the effort to censure Representative Rashida Tlaib over some of her rhetoric?

Gail: Well, Representative Tlaib accused Israel of committing genocide. She’s also said that President Biden “supported” genocide of the Palestinians, a comment that was offensive to Biden while also, I think, hurting the Palestinian cause. But I wouldn’t want to see members of Congress distracted from the deeply serious issues at hand with a squabble about censorship, particularly one championed by folks like the dreaded Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Bret: Readers won’t be surprised to know that I find Tlaib’s views wrong and repellent. Like Taylor Greene, she’s an embarrassment to her party and the House. But that’s exactly the reason I oppose efforts to censure her. One of the things that distinguishes free societies like America and Israel from dictatorships like Hamas’s in Gaza is that we stand for freedom of speech as a matter of course, while they suppress it. The right censure for Tlaib would be to get voted out of office, not muzzled by her colleagues.

Gail: But let’s get back to that poll for a minute. I was fascinated by the fact that only 6 percent of the respondents identified themselves as union members. I think the unions have done great things for the working class and middle class in this country and I’m very much saddened by their dwindling influence.

Bret: I’ve always been pro-union. They’re a powerful force for greater automation and an argument for free trade.

Gail: Hissss …

Bret: OK, that was my inner Alex P. Keaton speaking. But union leaders should at least stop to ask themselves why, if they’re so terrific, so many American workers are reluctant to join them. I feel that way about certain other self-regarding institutions, including much of the news media, that are so full of their own wonderfulness that they can’t figure out why people keep fleeing in droves.

Gail: Bret, we’ve entered the November holiday season — really did enjoy the trick-or-treaters last week and was pleased to notice that the popular costumes in our neighborhood seemed to go more toward skeletons and ghosts than celebrities and pop culture heroes. On to Thanksgiving and then I’m gonna challenge you to come up with a list of things in the public world you’re thankful for.

Bret: Pumpkin-spice lattes. Just kidding.

Gail: Meanwhile, this is Republican debate week, featuring several people nobody’s really heard of and an absent Donald Trump. I guess your fave, Nikki Haley, is near the head of the pack, such as it is. Think she still has a whisper of a chance?

Bret: Not sure. But you’ve somehow reminded me of a lovely poem by Adrienne Rich, which seems to capture both Haley’s candidacy and my daily struggles with coherent prose.

You see a man
    trying to think.

You want to say
    to everything:
    Keep off! Give him room!
    But you only watch,
    terrified
    the old consolations
    will get him at last
    like a fish
    half-dead from flopping
    and almost crawling
    across the shingle,
    almost breathing
    the raw, agonizing
    air
    till a wave
    pulls it back blind into the triumphant
    sea.

It’s called “Ghost of a Chance.” Here’s me hoping Haley’s got more than that.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,917
    Biden
    great. 4 years of Trump destroying democracy and imprisoning his enemies. can't wait. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Biden
    great. 4 years of Trump destroying democracy and imprisoning his enemies. can't wait. 

The thought makes my head spin so much it flies off and I have to screw it back on.
    Head Spin Broken Neck GIF - Head Spin Broken Neck Ryan Reynolds GIFs

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,832
    Biden
    If the election were held today, Trump beats Biden pretty easily. I know Biden's old (but, hey, who isn't in this election?) but that this is even possible, much less likely, says something about who America is today.

Part of me thinks the best way to serve his country right now is for Joe to say "time for me to retire. I won't be running for re-election." The only hesitancy I have is that the Dems don't really have any good candidates waiting on the bench. That said, someone under 80 that isn't a retread of the past 15 years might have a chance to beat the polarizing wannabe autocrat.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    If the election were held today, Trump beats Biden pretty easily. I know Biden's old (but, hey, who isn't in this election?) but that this is even possible, much less likely, says something about who America is today.

Part of me thinks the best way to serve his country right now is for Joe to say "time for me to retire. I won't be running for re-election." The only hesitancy I have is that the Dems don't really have any good candidates waiting on the bench. That said, someone under 80 that isn't a retread of the past 15 years might have a chance to beat the polarizing wannabe autocrat.
    Why is Biden's age a problem and trump's isn't? 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,044
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

There are a few dems that would be great in my opinion.

Newsom, Whitmer, Shapiro
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

My guess is that Trump gets a pass because he's a political prisoner.  (Tongue firmly in cheek with this.)
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Biden
    fuck these polls.
    seriously. who conducted them? what questions were asked. how were the questions asked. how respondents were contacted.

we just accept tesults withoit knowing pertinent information?

wtf.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,372
    edited November 2023
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

I'm assuming you are basing this off the polls from this weekend. According to other polls released on the same day a "generic" democrat would easily defeat Trump. 

There are so many unknowns that lie ahead including multiple wars, a possible recession, easing of inflation, and multiple criminal trials of the republican nominee that could easily land him in prison. 

This time in 2011 Romney led most polling as well. However, I am less confident today than I was four years ago at the same time. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    fuck these polls.
    seriously. who conducted them? what questions were asked. how were the questions asked. how respondents were contacted.

wtf.
    Nah, Mickey....I don't think ignoring and dismissing them is wise. I think there is cause for concern...however I also think most people have no idea how inundated they will be with daily reminders of how terrible a person Trump is next year. 

I don't think there's ever been this many variables at play as there will be in this upcoming election...and that is saying something after 2020.

100% pure unadulterated chaos awaits us in the next 12 months. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    fuck these polls.

wtf.
    Nah, Mickey....I don't think ignoring and dismissing them is wise. I think there is cause for concern...however I also think most people have no idea how inundated they will be with daily reminders of how terrible a person Trump is next year. 

I don't think there's ever been this many variables at play as there will be in this upcoming election...and that is saying something after 2020.

ok. most polling is done by targeting actual voters/likely voters , no?

Whole lot of Gen Z/Millenials haven't exactly established voting habits, no?

How much stock can we honestly put in these when they have been so fucking wrong, so consistently?

• Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

Because the hypocrisy is a feature, not a bug.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Biden
    I just saw a Facebook memory of my post from three years ago and shit like this still continues to amaze me.

"It’s funny that a Scranton native who moved to Wilmington when his father lost a job and went to a public university defeated an NYC birthright billionaire who was bought into Penn and has never mowed a lawn...and that’s considered the elites defeating the working class."
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    fuck these polls.

wtf.

How much stock can we honestly put in these when they have been so fucking wrong, so consistently?
    They were not off by a whole lot in 2020. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    fuck these polls.

wtf.

They were not off by a whole lot in 2020. 

they certainly were last year. red wave anyone?

• Options
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Because the hypocrisy is a feature, not a bug.
    For the GOP voter, sure, we know that... but personally, I can't subscribe to the nonsense narrative  that Biden's age is a problem and trump's isn't. 
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

Exactly!  Biden is only three years older than Trump and in much better physical and mental shape.

So here's a thought to keep in mind over the next year.  In the worst case scenario in which Trump beats Biden, I will convince the governors of California, Oregon, and Washington, to secede from the U.S. and form a separate country.  California's economy alone is strong enough to support a new country.  The ass-hat MAGATS who live in these west coast states will lose their shit and move to red states.  That will leave plenty of room and housing for all American citizens who have not lost their minds and are not Trump fans.  We will welcome these sane citizens with open arms.  We have two very large mountain ranges that will conveniently form a good solid barrier between us and the C.U.S.A.  (Crazed United States of America).
    Keep us in mind.  We care about you more than Trump ever will.  He only cares for himself, and his followers are hopelessly insane.