Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,444
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    fuck these polls.
    seriously. who conducted them? what questions were asked. how were the questions asked. how respondents were contacted.

we just accept tesults withoit knowing pertinent information?

wtf.
    Nah, Mickey....I don't think ignoring and dismissing them is wise. I think there is cause for concern...however I also think most people have no idea how inundated they will be with daily reminders of how terrible a person Trump is next year. 

I don't think there's ever been this many variables at play as there will be in this upcoming election...and that is saying something after 2020.

100% pure unadulterated chaos awaits us in the next 12 months. 

ok. most polling is done by targeting actual voters/likely voters , no?

Whole lot of Gen Z/Millenials haven't exactly established voting habits, no?

How much stock can we honestly put in these when they have been so fucking wrong, so consistently?
    They were not off by a whole lot in 2020. 

they certainly were last year. red wave anyone?
    Okay that is true to an extent. It's tougher now than before to obtain accurate polling data. But the other side of that red way coin is I think a lot of the younger vote, who largely denied the red wave, is in flux with the Israeli war. Almost seems like a no win situation there for Biden.

My larger point is to not just close your eyes and pretend the polling isn't what it is. That is what maga has done for the last 6 years to their detriment. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,261
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    If the election were held today, Trump beats Biden pretty easily. I know Biden's old (but, hey, who isn't in this election?) but that this is even possible, much less likely, says something about who America is today.

Part of me thinks the best way to serve his country right now is for Joe to say "time for me to retire. I won't be running for re-election." The only hesitancy I have is that the Dems don't really have any good candidates waiting on the bench. That said, someone under 80 that isn't a retread of the past 15 years might have a chance to beat the polarizing wannabe autocrat.
    hard disagree here. biden destroyed trump in 2020. he will do it again. the young and diverse voters that biden attracted against trump carried him to a big victory. that said, biden is pissing off those young voter because of his blanket support of the israeli government.

you are looking at polls taken by calling home phones of just over 3000 people. nobody has home phones anymore so the sample is completely flawed.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    If the election were held today, Trump beats Biden pretty easily. I know Biden's old (but, hey, who isn't in this election?) but that this is even possible, much less likely, says something about who America is today.

Part of me thinks the best way to serve his country right now is for Joe to say "time for me to retire. I won't be running for re-election." The only hesitancy I have is that the Dems don't really have any good candidates waiting on the bench. That said, someone under 80 that isn't a retread of the past 15 years might have a chance to beat the polarizing wannabe autocrat.
    hard disagree here. biden destroyed trump in 2020. he will do it again. the young and diverse voters that biden attracted against trump carried him to a big victory. that said, biden is pissing off those young voter because of his blanket support of the israeli government.

you are looking at polls taken by calling home phones of just over 3000 people. nobody has home phones anymore so the sample is completely flawed.
    True....however you can't just put your head in the sand and ignore the polls. That is what maga has done for years while losing election after election cycle...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

True....however you can't just put your head in the sand and ignore the polls. That is what maga has done for years while losing election after election cycle...

do not forget that maga loses an election cycle and they do not learn from it. they double down and come back far more hardcore right, ignoring the fact that this is why people do not vote for them.

i still say polls a year out, calling old people who sit at home all day and have home phones that watch fox news, are probably not the most reliable indicator of where our body politic is at any given moment. that is not the reality we live in today. most people do not have home phones, and most people do not actually answer the phone when strange phone numbers call.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,912
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

Good point.  How many young people have home land lines?  Almost none.  The only people with land lines these day are outdated old farts and codgers.
    Oh... wait... I still have a land line.   🫣

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

do not forget that maga loses an election cycle and they do not learn from it. they double down and come back far more hardcore right, ignoring the fact that this is why people do not vote for them.

i still say polls a year out, calling old people who sit at home all day and have home phones that watch fox news, are probably not the most reliable indicator of where our body politic is at any given moment. that is not the reality we live in today. most people do not have home phones, and most people do not actually answer the phone when strange phone numbers call.
    You're essentially calling the polls fake news for different reasons maga's called it fake news.

If the polling showed the opposite results, I think you'd be singing a different tune today. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Biden
    Keep in mind the average America attention span, and wonder how much something topical today will matter in a year.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

You're essentially calling the polls fake news for different reasons maga's called it fake news.

If the polling showed the opposite results, I think you'd be singing a different tune today. 
    While polling provides some useful information, it's hardly the bellweather it was 10 years ago. I didn't buy the Hillary polls because of what my eyes and ears told me in the real world and I don't buy these recent polls because my eyes and ears don't hear or see this in any of my real life settings. The hard-core MAGAs still have their stupid flags and signs, but I don't think it goes much beyond that.

This most recent poll seems to be trying to push dems to force Biden out when they have no contingency plan. I think that is a terrible idea and would play right in to republican hands. Trump doesn't win shit. I can't say that with 100% accuracy, but I do say it with high confidence. I live in a red rural area and my neighbors are gonna vote red no matter who, even Trump. I don't think Trump or Biden have gained voters, which seems absurd, at least for Biden, but neither has bled many voters either so it's basically a repeat.

I don't want old man Biden another 4 years, but I don't think he's doing anything not to get elected.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,419
    Voted tonight did my part 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

i would not take stock in any polls 52 weeks before an election. it is probably a good rule of thumb these days because polls do not reflect the population as a whole.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,284
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,284
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    See, now....do you believe that one and not the others though? 

CNN poll tonight has trump up 4. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    i'm not buying it for the same reasons i stated above.

polls do not make results. voting does.

unless you are a republican where votes that go against you are simply fake and fraudulent.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,770
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

I don't think it's a fair question.  There is no campaign.  There are no ads, no attacks, no reminding of who Trump is.  I also don't really believe the polls anymore.  I think they keep hitting the same people.  I say this as someone who answered one text poll in VA and then got bombed for weeks.  

I think tonight is a big deal.  If D's perform well or over-perform, it will prove yet again that the polls are under-counting D support.  So let's see how tonight goes.  If it's a good night, people will quiet down about Biden.  If R's win the night, the pressure on Team Biden will be huge. 

And Andy Brashear may be your next D candidate for president after tonight.  This could be a very important evening. 
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

Not really.  I think the polls are consistently understating the share of the electorate that is D vs R.  This is critical to having accurate polls.  This is why Rasmussen always polls better on the R side, because they think there are more R's than other polling outfits.  I think that is may be what is happening.  So to be clear, I think there's a math issue with the polls.  MAGA thinks they are 'fake' and rigged.  I still believe in statistics, but the underlying assumptions have to be right.  We'll see. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

I don't think it's a fair question.  There is no campaign.  There are no ads, no attacks, no reminding of who Trump is.  I also don't really believe the polls anymore.  I think they keep hitting the same people.  I say this as someone who answered one text poll in VA and then got bombed for weeks.  

I think tonight is a big deal.  If D's perform well or over-perform, it will prove yet again that the polls are under-counting D support.  So let's see how tonight goes.  If it's a good night, people will quiet down about Biden.  If R's win the night, the pressure on Team Biden will be huge. 

And Andy Brashear may be your next D candidate for president after tonight.  This could be a very important evening. 
    Who?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

they are calling the ohio race for the dem incumbent. also the abortion issue passed. 

trump candidates are not doing very well at this point in time tonight.

like i said, polls do not make the results. voters do.
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on

• Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Who?
    Sorry, Beshear.  I should probably get that right.  

I didn't know that was called already.  If that's right, HUGE.  
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

they are calling the ohio race for brashear. also the abortion issue passed. 

Kentucky, not Ohio.  Those of us from Northern Ohio take great offense to this type of error.  

And I agree, it's voters.  We've had a consistent theme of D's going 5 points above the polling. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Biden
    beshear flipped letcher county. a county trump won by nearly 60 points.

this is bad news for the gop.

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

they are calling the ohio race for brashear. also the abortion issue passed. 

Kentucky, not Ohio.  Those of us from Northern Ohio take great offense to this type of error.  

And I agree, it's voters.  We've had a consistent theme of D's going 5 points above the polling. 
    yeah i mixed up beshear and the ohio governor. sorry, been a long day.

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Who?

I mean there are plenty of Dems with name recognition, Whitmer, Buttigieg(sp?) that people have heard of and think would do well.  Until I read your post I had no idea who the governor of Kentucky was.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Who?

I mean there are plenty of Dems with name recognition, Whitmer, Buttigieg(sp?) that people have heard of and think would do well.  Until I read your post I had no idea who the governor of Kentucky was.
    Winning two elections in a deep red state is impressive. I think the Ds are building a really strong bench of governors

• Options
    Biden
    Looking good VA Democrats.  Earned at least a split of the Senate with at least one more looking locked in.  Could win as many as 52 in the House.  This is looking good too.  I expected to retain the Senate and the Delegates to stay with the R.  Good chance the D's win back both.  This would seriously damage Youngkin's aspirations.  He put all of his chips in on winning both chambers.  He campaigned like crazy and was all over tv.  
  • Options
    Biden
    how long until someone says it was "stollen"?

• Options
    Well, despite the great news coming out of Virginny, Ohio and Kentucky and knowing Mississippi ain’t changing in my lifetime, when Brandon loses the election, he should just claim it was rigged, refuse to leave the White House and call forth all the BLM’ers and Antiiiiiifa to storm the capitol and prevent the certification of the electoral college vote. That’d be acceptable, right?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Are you tired of winning, yet?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

i would not take stock in any polls 52 weeks before an election. it is probably a good rule of thumb these days because polls do not reflect the population as a whole.
    Well you should take all polls with a grain of salt of course. It's not an exact science. But the polls 52 weeks out of the last presidential election were a pretty good indicator of Biden's overall strength verses Trump. 

Last night showed polling being relatively on point with voter's preferring dem polices verses republicans' and we've seen that play out over the last few years. 

The issue dems need to work on is Biden himself. You can see that in the polling that has a generic dem soundly defeating Trump while Biden is essentially tied or down to him.

But the fact that voters prefer dem policies shows that this is a problem they can correct over the next year. I would not ignore negative polling, that is a recipe for disaster. I would, instead, use it as a wake up call. 
    chinese-happy.jpg