Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    Biden
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    Stemming from a conversation I had with my wife last night, I started looking at various polls and found that averaging them out (and discounting that absurd Washington post poll that gives Trump a 10% lead), Biden and Trump appear to be neck and neck at this point.
    So would somebody please tell me what happened to my country?  How the hell did we come to this?  How is it POSSIBLE that half the voters in this country still support that despicable, criminal, arrogant, imbecile that tried to steal the last election?  How did my country become the shit hole that it now is?  I'm completely baffled.
    Lowering the standards by voting lesser of two evils year after year.

That's certainly a factor and has been the case many times, but to me that doesn't explain how half of the voters in this country would even consider voting for Trump.  That half the voters in this country would support a man so base, so morally and ethically bankrupt is hugely disturbing to me. Yeah, OK, Biden is no Abraham Lincoln... but Trump?  I just don't get it. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,370
    edited September 2023
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    Stemming from a conversation I had with my wife last night, I started looking at various polls and found that averaging them out (and discounting that absurd Washington post poll that gives Trump a 10% lead), Biden and Trump appear to be neck and neck at this point.
    So would somebody please tell me what happened to my country?  How the hell did we come to this?  How is it POSSIBLE that half the voters in this country still support that despicable, criminal, arrogant, imbecile that tried to steal the last election?  How did my country become the shit hole that it now is?  I'm completely baffled.

That's certainly a factor and has been the case many times, but to me that doesn't explain how half of the voters in this country would even consider voting for Trump.  That half the voters in this country would support a man so base, so morally and ethically bankrupt is hugely disturbing to me. Yeah, OK, Biden is no Abraham Lincoln... but Trump?  I just don't get it. 
    It is baffling. Given that Biden is neck and neck with the other republican candidates, I would say inflation is the biggest issue. Most people just blame the president for that, rightly or wrongly. 

Also, I don't worry too much about these polls at this point because we live in such an unusual time. Next year will be absolutely dominated by one Trump trial after the other. I don't think most people realize that or are thinking about that at this point. But we all will have no choice but be reminded of all the awful things he's done nonstop next year.

Also, and along the lines of my second point, not having Trump on Facebook and Twitter is really helping him. He is regularly saying and posting truly awful things that most people simply are not aware of because the media is ignoring it for some reason. Next year that won't be the case though. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    Biden
    Nationwide polls are pretty useless at this point I think.  It comes down to a handful of states and those numbers will be washed down in national polling.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,911
    Biden
    politics in the US is like religion. people are brought up knowing how mommy and daddy are registered. it's ingrained. that's not easily switchable. it's like asking a catholic to completely denounce everything they were indoctrinated to believe and switch religions because of "one bad apple". Trump is a means to an end: an R in the white house. Many people only care about that. Policy? HA! 

There's some of that in Canada, but nowhere NEAR what it is in the US. It really is something to watch. Politicians in the US are like royalty in the UK. People obsess over them. Hell, I know more of your elected officials and what they do/how they vote than the ones in my own country. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:

It is baffling. Given that Biden is neck and neck with the other republican candidates, I would say inflation is the biggest issue. Most people just blame the president for that, rightly or wrongly. 

Also, I don't worry too much about these polls at this point because we live in such an unusual time. Next year will be absolutely dominated by one Trump trial after the other. I don't think most people realize that or are thinking about that at this point. But we all will have no choice but be reminded of all the awful things he's done nonstop next year.

Also, and along the lines of my second point, not having Trump on Facebook and Twitter is really helping him. He is regularly saying and posting truly awful things that most people simply are not aware of because the media is ignoring it for some reason. Next year that won't be the case though. 

mrussel1 said:
    Nationwide polls are pretty useless at this point I think.  It comes down to a handful of states and those numbers will be washed down in national polling.  
    I sure hope these polls are meaningless.  I suppose at this point I should just ignore them.
    politics in the US is like religion. people are brought up knowing how mommy and daddy are registered. it's ingrained. that's not easily switchable. it's like asking a catholic to completely denounce everything they were indoctrinated to believe and switch religions because of "one bad apple". Trump is a means to an end: an R in the white house. Many people only care about that. Policy? HA! 

There's some of that in Canada, but nowhere NEAR what it is in the US. It really is something to watch. Politicians in the US are like royalty in the UK. People obsess over them. Hell, I know more of your elected officials and what they do/how they vote than the ones in my own country. 

Even though I've known a few people who went the opposite of there parents, there really are not a lot of Alex P. Keatons (Family Ties) in this country.  Died in the wool is a thing.  
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,045
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    Biden
    why are we even talking about presidential polls at this point? abc just released the greatest outlier poll i have seen in the last 20 years. it is not accurate, so why are we even talking about polls right now? shouldn't the emphasis of polling be on the gop primary, since we all know biden is going to be the dem nominee?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    Biden
    why are we even talking about presidential polls at this point? abc just released the greatest outlier poll i have seen in the last 20 years. it is not accurate, so why are we even talking about polls right now? shouldn't the emphasis of polling be on the gop primary, since we all know biden is going to be the dem nominee?
    I agree.  Useless.  But in the world of 24 hour news, that's what happens.  I'd be interested to know that Biden's internal polls tell him.  The campaigns ignore these public polls and rely on their own. 
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,370
    edited September 2023
    Biden
    Some of the state polling is mirroring Biden underperforming like he is in the national polling. It's nothing to panic about at this point, obviously, and next year will be a bloodbath for the GOP with all the trials coming up. Still, Biden lead Trump in all head to head polling matchups heading into 2020, that's obviously not the case this time around. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,708
    mrussel1 said:
    I agree.  Useless.  But in the world of 24 hour news, that's what happens.  I'd be interested to know that Biden's internal polls tell him.  The campaigns ignore these public polls and rely on their own. 
    I think they’re useful because they tell us where we are as a country. When Trump’s support doesn’t waiver with each reveal of more or corruption, and within the party he gains support by building the gap with DeSantis, it says we have a large segment of the population who is rejecting democracy and wants  an autocracy/authoritarianism. These feelings have been under the surface for decades and Trump exposed it. 

The rejection of morality and nihilism is demonstrated perfectly with the impeachment inquiry where they accuse the opponent of what Trump was doing openly. There is no “better” option if you convince the voters they’re the same ethically and morally. So you’re left with the cult if personality guy who will abuse their power and reject democracy to protect you from a conjured threat to your way of life. Active healthy democracies elevate the people you’ve been convinced are the enemy. 
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    wish i could say i didn't see something like this coming.

lindell should try to represent himself. because at this point he can't afford lawyers, and if he could, he wouldn't pay them.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options