Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I guarantee every one here knows someone at work that voted for Trump.  Have you called them evil and racist yet? If not,  why not? Have you not the courage of your convictions? Is it easier to shoot of on an anonymous message board than actually putting your job at risk? Cmon. Let's make tomorrow "Call a peer an evil racist day". Everyone report out how that goes. 
    haha i was about to ask the same question. if you judgementals are so forceful in your convictions, then act on them. otherwise, shut it. 

this very exchange over the last few pages is a perfect example of the epitome of keyboard warriors. 
    I see it as discussion.  What do you expect when people were told for 4 years that trump was the absolute worst person and most dangerous president of all time and supported by the lowest and worse style of deplorable?  And suddenly joe wins and this stops being true and now the majority of Trumps voters don’t actually support him or his policies they were just single issue voters...I’m not buying that.
    i certainly bought into that mentality myself for a brief time when he first got into office. but then i gave my head a shake to realize that it's simply not possible (to me) that there are tens of millions of people just like him. or even close to him. 

there was certainly a shitload of fear mongering these last 4 years; media, celebrities, our family and friends (even me at one point). i think that lent to all of that. couple that with the "you never know what he's going to say or do next" and everything became believable with this guy, piling the fear factor into overload. people look for reasons in everything. people saw the cult he created and looked desperately for reasons and how to analyze these folks; well, most of us aren't psychologists. so we generalize and put everyone into this neat little box to make us feel better about ourselves. and it's just simply not the case. 

there were so many people that admitted to voting for him because of his policies and his "no bullshit" way of talking, but it ended there. they don't hate mexicans, they don't think african countries are shitholes; they convinced themselves that was just his own marketing at play, his shoot from the hip style. 

the majority of his supporters aren't the flag toting "grab me by the pussy" t shirt wearing nutters you see on the street. they are decent people that just felt forgotten by democrats and obama for 8 years. it really is that simple. 

sure, if i saw thousands of people at a rally for a politician in my city, i'd be freaked the fuck out. a co worker of mine and his boyfriend took a picture with justin trudeau in their own back yard after he was elected and he was he was here, highly populated cities are so much closer together than they are here; it's easy to see why 30 thousand people would attend a rally or protest in a place like philadephia. 
    All of the above coupled with I live in Texas and have been working on defense construction projects the last few years makes it very easy to believe the worst.
    There's a high probability that a good chunk of the R party is racist. But it's not 100%. Remember that there were a fair number of Obama voters that moved to Trump in 16.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I guarantee every one here knows someone at work that voted for Trump.  Have you called them evil and racist yet? If not,  why not? Have you not the courage of your convictions? Is it easier to shoot of on an anonymous message board than actually putting your job at risk? Cmon. Let's make tomorrow "Call a peer an evil racist day". Everyone report out how that goes. 
    haha i was about to ask the same question. if you judgementals are so forceful in your convictions, then act on them. otherwise, shut it. 

this very exchange over the last few pages is a perfect example of the epitome of keyboard warriors. 
    I see it as discussion.  What do you expect when people were told for 4 years that trump was the absolute worst person and most dangerous president of all time and supported by the lowest and worse style of deplorable?  And suddenly joe wins and this stops being true and now the majority of Trumps voters don’t actually support him or his policies they were just single issue voters...I’m not buying that.
    i certainly bought into that mentality myself for a brief time when he first got into office. but then i gave my head a shake to realize that it's simply not possible (to me) that there are tens of millions of people just like him. or even close to him. 

there was certainly a shitload of fear mongering these last 4 years; media, celebrities, our family and friends (even me at one point). i think that lent to all of that. couple that with the "you never know what he's going to say or do next" and everything became believable with this guy, piling the fear factor into overload. people look for reasons in everything. people saw the cult he created and looked desperately for reasons and how to analyze these folks; well, most of us aren't psychologists. so we generalize and put everyone into this neat little box to make us feel better about ourselves. and it's just simply not the case. 

there were so many people that admitted to voting for him because of his policies and his "no bullshit" way of talking, but it ended there. they don't hate mexicans, they don't think african countries are shitholes; they convinced themselves that was just his own marketing at play, his shoot from the hip style. 

the majority of his supporters aren't the flag toting "grab me by the pussy" t shirt wearing nutters you see on the street. they are decent people that just felt forgotten by democrats and obama for 8 years. it really is that simple. 

sure, if i saw thousands of people at a rally for a politician in my city, i'd be freaked the fuck out. a co worker of mine and his boyfriend took a picture with justin trudeau in their own back yard after he was elected and he was he was here, highly populated cities are so much closer together than they are here; it's easy to see why 30 thousand people would attend a rally or protest in a place like philadephia. 
    All of the above coupled with I live in Texas and have been working on defense construction projects the last few years makes it very easy to believe the worst.
    There's a high probability that a good chunk of the R party is racist. But it's not 100%. Remember that there were a fair number of Obama voters that moved to Trump in 16.
    I wish they’d hurry up and get back to the party
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    Scio me nihil scire

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Biden
    static111 said:

some dipshit said something.  news at 11
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    Biden
    static111 said:

Cracks me how these so-called "Christians" think Trump is great.  Why would supposedly spiritual people support a man with no soul?  Where in the Bible does it quote Jesus saying, "Hate thy neighbor, take from the poor, and grab pussy"?  I just don't get it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Biden
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

Cracks me how these so-called "Christians" think Trump is great.  Why would supposedly spiritual people support a man with no soul?  Where in the Bible does it quote Jesus saying, "Hate thy neighbor, take from the poor, and grab pussy"?  I just don't get it.
    I just think it’s funny that he is agreeing that 78 million whatever joe voters are ignorant anti American anti Christians, but Hillary calling half his supporters deplorable was supposed to be a bad thing.   I want that on a shirt  to start wearing around:  ignorant, anti American and anti Christian...oh wait no i don’t I live in Texas and I enjoy breathing.
    Scio me nihil scire

Biden
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

I just think it’s funny that he is agreeing that 78 million whatever joe voters are ignorant anti American anti Christians, but Hillary calling half his supporters deplorable was supposed to be a bad thing.   I want that on a shirt  to start wearing around:  ignorant, anti American and anti Christian...oh wait no i don’t I live in Texas and I enjoy breathing.

LOL, noooooo you don't want that shirt! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• I'm sitting this one out
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

I could wear it without problems. But I enjoy my Tegan and Sara shirt I have on.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    Biden
    What if instead of red hats they were sporting swastikas?

Troublemaking douchebags following a dick-tater-y cult leader who talks about violence all the time.  What could go wrong?

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Biden
    It is kind of mind blowing that the POTUS is tweeting about winning the election that he clearly lost and the news is focused elsewhere.

What a fucking nightmare this fucker has been.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    Biden
    It is kind of mind blowing that the POTUS is tweeting about winning the election that he clearly lost and the news is focused elsewhere.

Yeah, but I don't know if I can give Biden a chance....
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Biden

He will keep this shit up right until the end.   And create as much trouble as possible- which could be a lot.

Scio me nihil scire

Biden
    static111 said:
    I won the Election!

well it does feel good to type
    Scio me nihil scire

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    Biden
    just saw an interview with obama and he basically called trump a petulant child. he said if one of his kids behaved this way, where they lost and they accused their opponent of cheating without evidence, they'd scold them. 

trump is going to lose it. LOL
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    Biden
    I won the Heisman Trophy!
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Biden
    I won the 1996 Hard Rock Performance Grammy!
    Scio me nihil scire

• Biden
    It's going to be interesting to see how the GOP treats tRump after he leaves office.

So far it seems like they need him to keep his 35% racist moron vote together.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Biden
    It's going to be interesting to see how the GOP treats tRump after he leaves office.

Could republicans ever realistically hold power or win office if they lose the trump base?   Just imagining the scenario seems incredible.
    Scio me nihil scire

Biden

yeah I read an article recently that, unfortunately, painted a picture of trump being the face of the republican party for decades to come. they might have to pander to his every twitter meltdown to keep his base happy. 

www.headstonesband.com

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    Biden
    just saw an interview with obama and he basically called trump a petulant child. he said if one of his kids behaved this way, where they lost and they accused their opponent of cheating without evidence, they'd scold them. 

I've been saying for years that he is an immature,  narcissistic,  petulant,  spoiled child.
    Biden

I've been saying for years that he is an immature,  narcissistic,  petulant,  spoiled child.
    well, to be fair, we all have. it's just quite something coming from obama. 

www.headstonesband.com

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Biden
    They are in a tough spot.  Most of them dare to speak out against Trump and they become instantly vulnerable to whatever creature Trump decides to push in a primary.  They are also (for now) best served by a completely unified (brainless) Republican base.  That is the best and only weapon they have at a national level right now.  They do not offer any ideas.

It will possibly get interesting though as we gear up toward the 2024 election.  We are going to see a potentially vast Republican field which almost certainly include one of the Trump clan.  Candidates are going to have to throw feces at Trump and it will be interesting to see how everyone responds.  

The R's will probably want Trump to simmer down a bit headed into the 2022 midterms as well.  Republicans have a TON to defend in the Senate, and as of now they are confident/hoping they can win back the House in 2022.  If there is one thing that Trump inspires, it is huge Democrat turnout.
  • Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    They are in a tough spot.  Most of them dare to speak out against Trump and they become instantly vulnerable to whatever creature Trump decides to push in a primary.  They are also (for now) best served by a completely unified (brainless) Republican base.  That is the best and only weapon they have at a national level right now.  They do not offer any ideas.

It will possibly get interesting though as we gear up toward the 2024 election.  We are going to see a potentially vast Republican field which almost certainly include one of the Trump clan.  Candidates are going to have to throw feces at Trump and it will be interesting to see how everyone responds.  

The R's will probably want Trump to simmer down a bit headed into the 2022 midterms as well.  Republicans have a TON to defend in the Senate, and as of now they are confident/hoping they can win back the House in 2022.  If there is one thing that Trump inspires, it is huge Democrat turnout.
    That's been true this whole time.  Unfortunately, Trump is just so popular with the GOP base, that there seem to be two kind of Republican legislators: those that keep quiet and/or back him and those that retired.

And, yeah, there will be at least one Trumpy in 2024. Hopefully it's mostly Trumpies.  Trump won in part because everyone else split the non-Trump vote. Hopefully there's MAGA splitting going on. As long as it remains the Party of Trump, they'll have nothing but scare tactics and villanization.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Scio me nihil scire

Biden
    I swear I want the next one to read

i won the election?
    Scio me nihil scire

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    “I wOn ThE eLeCtIoN”