Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    Biden
    static111 said:
    People seem pretty blasé about republicans telegraphing that they are gonna give stealing the election a real shot.  Meanwhile AOC asks to hold them accountable and even liberal members heads are exploding.  I don’t understand this at all. Do you really not believe that they won’t do this, do you all really think the constitution is gonna go voltron style with the liberty bell and the declaration and defend us. After 40 years of this shit and the worst of it in the last 4...this is not ok.
    Like i've said the last few days (i actually predicted this before the election was called)....the democratic party is at war with itself, has been for some time. for 4 years we were all galvanized against the same threat: now that threat is (potentially) gone, they go back to attacking each other IMMEDIATELY. even i thought it would take longer than this. but the fucking day the election was called, people from this side started going at each other again. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    static111 said:
    People seem pretty blasé about republicans telegraphing that they are gonna give stealing the election a real shot.  Meanwhile AOC asks to hold them accountable and even liberal members heads are exploding.  I don’t understand this at all. Do you really not believe that they won’t do this, do you all really think the constitution is gonna go voltron style with the liberty bell and the declaration and defend us. After 40 years of this shit and the worst of it in the last 4...this is not ok.
    It seems like people are dumbfounded and in a trance and just can’t react fast enough on how fast this is moving, people keep saying relax I just don’t know..
    I am not relaxed at all.  If this was happening in any other country in the world we would be calling this a coup.  Here in the US we are stupid enough to think it’s about networks raising revenue, a party drumming up political support for a run off election, a former president trying to stay relevant so he can hold rallies after he leaves office? It’s an attempted coup and so far it looks like most of the higher ups in the Republican Party are complicit.  Republicans are actively casting doubt on our process and acting like this is a normal process.  After everything we have seen the last 4 years how could anyone think this doesn’t have a chance to be successful.   Republicans don’t care about the process, the democracy, or any norms...this could go off the rails really quickly if some people from the other side of the aisle don’t stand up and do something.  Lol we are supposed to be ready to heal the divide in America? Ok well first fucking stand up to trump, if you can’t do that you obviously aren’t willing to work with us (progressives, liberals, democrats etc) anyways.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    Biden
    well, I guess that is what happens when you care about real-life issues and policies instead of creepy devotion to one person.

Maybe we should start worshiping Ben Affleck and put him in front of the Democrat Party and support him no matter what.
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    Like i've said the last few days (i actually predicted this before the election was called)....the democratic party is at war with itself, has been for some time. for 4 years we were all galvanized against the same threat: now that threat is (potentially) gone, they go back to attacking each other IMMEDIATELY. even i thought it would take longer than this. but the fucking day the election was called, people from this side started going at each other again. 
    Yes why aren’t people uniting against Donald trump, it’s not over...don’t be so worried about who cost who  a few house seats, that you let authoritarians steal the whole show.  It’s crazy that people are more excited to try to normalize relations with family and friends who are Trump supporters than to make sure he gets the clue that he doesn’t have a chance in hell.  I also don’t believe for a second that if he steals the election that a majority of the 70+ million Trump voters won’t fall in with the bullshit.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    edited November 2020
    Biden

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1326277097480843264

This guy just got outed....hilarious
    Post edited by Kat on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    Biden
    static111 said:
    jdasilvaf said:
    Do the law firms working for Trump know they might never get paid?
    Or hired again
    Retainer.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Biden
    Arrest them all. What the FUCK????
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    Well I hope everyone is ok with putting this guy on “the list” because I’m sorry there should be no coming back from this.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    mfc2006 said:
    Arrest them all. What the FUCK????
    On what grounds?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    static111 said:
    Well I hope everyone is ok with putting this guy on “the list” because I’m sorry there should be no coming back from this.
    Who is Dean Browning?  And how do people know this is his alt account?
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    Biden
     Well I guess it’s legit... take dean back off the list
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    I’m taking back my snap judgement and waiting, but this does get weirder and weirder. 

Post edited by Kat on
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Biden
    ^
    Can someone explain who this guy is and why it is a thing? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,401
    Biden
    ^

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    Biden
    static111 said:
    It seems like people are dumbfounded and in a trance and just can’t react fast enough on how fast this is moving, people keep saying relax I just don’t know..

Trump's been telegraphing it for months. Random people on twitter and this board have said "if Biden wins and it's not a landslide, they're going to try to steal it." What has the GQP done in the last five years that would lead anyone to believe they're not going to try to steal it?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    ^

Thanks Mick

And the "thing" is having a burner twitter where he spouts nonsense?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,401
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    ^

Thanks Mick

And the "thing" is having a burner twitter where he spouts nonsense?

yes, see above

but it could be argued he spouts nonsense everywhere...
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    I wish I didn’t see this post.   The twists and turns this story are taking in real time may crack my brain.  Does Dan purify exist or is it a deep fake or is it some guy named byl holte pretending to be Dan purdy to take the slack from this original white guy that posted he was a gay Black man....I’m stepping away and will see what develops in the next hour.  This is completely bonkers
    Post edited by Kat on
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:

Trump's been telegraphing it for months. Random people on twitter and this board have said "if Biden wins and it's not a landslide, they're going to try to steal it." What has the GQP done in the last five years that would lead anyone to believe they're not going to try to steal it?
    How will they overturn tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of votes? Recounts rarely overturn elections. When they do it is in the hundreds of ballots, not thousands. 

I mean if you can explain that and point to respected folks in the media who agree it's possible, I'll listen. But...

edit---also, the fact that he has been telegraphing it, like an idiot, is part of what's going to cost him cases in court....
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:

I need a break from Twitter so, Here is a story from WP about how they are just making plans for business as usual as if Trump knows he is staying in the White House.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/11/10/trump-federal-budget-post-election/
    also looks like the entire advanced leadership of the dod is being replaced with trump sycophants.  I hope this doesn’t get ugly
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    The forums became faceturd years ago. At least I’m not on faceturd and my family isn’t on the forums. Bahahahahahaha!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:

How will they overturn tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of votes? Recounts rarely overturn elections. When they do it is in the hundreds of ballots, not thousands. 

I mean if you can explain that and point to respected folks in the media who agree it's possible, I'll listen. But...
    So what happens if he refuses to leave? He gets forced out? By whom?  What happens if he surrounds himself with military loyalists?  If best case he gets dragged out by Secret Service or otherwise, do you think that is going to be a stabilizing move?  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    Biden
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:

So what happens if he refuses to leave? He gets forced out? By whom?  What happens if he surrounds himself with military loyalists?  If best case he gets dragged out by Secret Service or otherwise, do you think that is going to be a stabilizing move?  
    at noon on January 20, 2020 if he is still at the WH he is considered a trespasser and the secret service will take him out.  The secret service put more protection on Biden even before the race was called for him last weekend. The secret service will not mess around.  Unless they fuck with the electoral college he will be out of the White House by noon on January 20, 2020.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,594
    Biden
    pjhawks said:
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:

at noon on January 20, 2020 if he is still at the WH he is considered a trespasser and the secret service will take him out.  The secret service put more protection on Biden even before the race was called for him last weekend. The secret service will not mess around.  Unless they fuck with the electoral college he will be out of the White House by noon on January 20, 2020.
    Please don't have us repeat 2020
  • Options
    Me thinks Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat goes to Mar-I-Lieo for a very awkward silenced Thanksgiving and never returns to the White House, and rage tweets his fate, failing to show for Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden's inaugural, playing golf and waiting for the indictments to be unsealed. Dude's got debts to pay, yo!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    static111 said:
    I wish I didn’t see this post.   The twists and turns this story are taking in real time may crack my brain.  Does Dan purify exist or is it a deep fake or is it some guy named byl holte pretending to be Dan purdy to take the slack from this original white guy that posted he was a gay Black man....I’m stepping away and will see what develops in the next hour.  This is completely bonkers
    I don't understand who he is or why it matters if he has an alternative account.  Honestly,  I'm still confused. 
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    DewieCox said:

Folding like a cheap suitcase. Pathetic. I knew watching the vid that it was all set up and a fake. But there are people out there that believed it and still do. They now think he is being payed off by the democrats. His Gofundme page is above 130K too. 

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:
    This is not just a defeat of the so-called current president but also a defeat of racism, xenophobia, homophobia, anti-semitism  etc etc

Buhbyedon
    This has to be the most ignorant post of the day.   You think those things no longer exist?  Yikes.  

True, they still exist, but over half the country has had it with racism, xenophobia, homophobia, anti-semitism, etc., and when you look at how the youth of today voted we can see that number is growing.  It's going to be a long road to ending hate, and of course it will always be there, but perhaps we are finally going in the direction on reducing hate and judging people by their color, race, choice of faith, etc.  Not everyone may realize it, but this was an important win today for everybody!
    Honesty Brian, you’re better than that.  You don’t honestly think that anyone who voted for Trump is by default racist.  

That’s an incredibly stupid statement, but if it makes the self righteous feel better, so be it.  

Biden’s election does nothing to any of those.  As a matter of fact it could do the opposite.  At least it was brought to the surface to be squashed.    Feeling self satisfied is the fastest way to lose ground. Unless we all continue to push to eradicate it - not by marching on the streets (though that’s fine) and certainly not by rioting, but by actively impacting people’s lives in a positive way.

i mean do you really think there’s any more of those things today then there was 5 years ago?  You’re kidding yourself if you think so,  The whole Colin Kaepernick thing started in 2016.  Who was President?  That’s just one example.  Biden would do the country a service by noting as much.  The Trump years did not invent those things or even make them worse.  They did expose them more. And that’s a good thing. 

Edit - I’m not arguing Trump deserves any credit.    Making the point that those things existed and have perpetuated thorough time. 
    Wow, just wow. Do you really believe what you spout? Or just trying to “own the libs?” By the way, you’re really full of enlightenment. How did any of us ever think we knew what was going on? The apologists are thick, THICK everywhere. BOO HOO.

ps: a relative absence over four years of the worst administration in world history and more than two posts a day since Tuesday is telling. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. Like your side has some moral high ground. Thanks for the LOL! Did I do the rejoinder right?
    You vote for a racist means you stand with a racist ! You might not feel like your a racist but you agree with one and Covidiot is def a racist has been his whole life! 
    I have been saying this for weeks, months,  and unfortunately years now.
    The Buddhists believe that when you support evil that that support makes you evil as well.
    Supporting a "president" and a regime that pushes evil, fearful, hateful,  ignorant, racist, and xenophobic policies and beliefs makes you complicit.
    Whether that support is posting on a liberal bands website in support of those policies or voting. It is still support
    Absolutely agree with this. 
    So we have 70 million evil Americans? What should we do? Jail them? Disenfranchise them? Not allow them to hold a job? Just curious where this inflammatory language meets the road. I mean evil is a very strong word.  We can't have 50% of the country to be evil.  We have to do something.  

I'd like to start with my sister who is 18 years older than me and cares for my elderly mother in Ohio every day.  She was also a mother for me basically for several years.  She is a kind,  giving person who I love dearly.  But I know she voted for Trump so obviously she is evil.  What should I do? Should I cut off communication or something more radical? As a human,  how can I not do something to eradicate the evil that is my sister? Doesn't that make me evil by allowing it to continue? 

Anyone else have an evil family member that they love,  or just me?
    I grapple with this with my own brothers.  They don't commit evil acts, but they are racist as hell, believe all the conspiracies, and spew angry, hateful words about "the libs" all day long. Once Obama was elected, all I've heard is white male grievance from my brothers and their stupid parroting wives. It's been very, very hard to love them over the past 12 years. If I weren't my own mother's caretaker and forced to spend time with them out of respect to her, I would totally disown them. Thanksgiving is going to be pure hell this year. They can't leave it alone, knowing full well I have no desire to talk politics or current events with them, but they just poke and snark and escalate until their faces are red and they're screaming at me about their guns and the pledge of allegiance and the black people taking over America. The last time we came to blows was my mom's birthday party in June when the George Floyd protests first erupted. They couldn't even keep the peace at what might have been their mom's last birthday party. I had to apologize to her in the car when we left for the way they ruined the whole day and how I let them drag me into another one of their tirades about everything they hate about America. I just can't stand being around them. Family or not, as soon as my mom is no longer with us, I won't be spending any more time with the brothers. That's where some of us are in America.