Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,845
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    This is concerning.  Any guesses as to how this will be dealt with?:

"Meanwhile, the refusal to acknowledge Biden’s win is hamstringing his ability to get his team in place. Emily Murphy, a Trump appointee at the General Services Administration, the agency in charge of signing the paperwork that gives a new administration access to office space and equipment as well as $9.9 million authorized for a presidential transition, has refused to sign paperwork enabling Biden and his team to begin the transition process. Once the transition begins, the new administration can begin to process disclosure and conflict-of-interest forms and get up to speed with ongoing government projects. But the GSA is refusing to allow a transition before Trump agrees that one is in order. Normally the transition begins the day after the election is called."

No one has a guess on this?  I don't either.
    Gonna be a long two months.
    I think the Biden team will file a lawsuit to release money,  etc in the next few weeks.  Nevada will certify their vote on the 12th and that will be an important moment. 

I hope they make it happen.  Maybe I'm overreacting but it's like having never-ending election anxiety.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,798
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The cartoon shows the police on the side of the GOP, and indeed they are. The National Association of Police Organizations endorsed Trump.
    But so are religious leaders,  military,  some business people,  but they aren't represented there.  And certainly people on the far left (probably left of actually voting) were part of riots at some level,  but that's not represented.  

Just how crowded do you want that cartoon to be? 

And I don't think the point of the cartoon involved riots. Perhaps you should draw your own. 
    I'm saying I think the cartoon is wrong.  Those aren't the two sides.  Cartoonists can do what they want, but don't expect me or anyone else not to say... meh that's kind of bullshit. 

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    MayDay10 said:
    www.rawstory.com/2020/11/trump-is-devouring-fast-food-and-aides-are-lighting-scented-candles-to-cover-up-the-stench-report/

Trump is devouring fast food — and aides are ‘lighting scented candles’ to cover up the stench: report
    The Onion?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,845
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,617
    Biden

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,741
    Biden
    You may start hearing about "Hammer" and "Scorecard" from the right wing soon.  https://www.thedailybeast.com/infamous-hoax-artist-behind-trumpworlds-new-voter-fraud-claim?ref=scroll
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Biden
    I've been sleeping so well the past two days. I hope everyone is well and ...

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Biden
    I'd rather see Trump run again than someone young and dangerous like Tom Cotton.  If Biden runs again all the GOP has to do is run someone young and they will scoop up a ton of moderates.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The cartoon shows the police on the side of the GOP, and indeed they are. The National Association of Police Organizations endorsed Trump.
    But so are religious leaders,  military,  some business people,  but they aren't represented there.  And certainly people on the far left (probably left of actually voting) were part of riots at some level,  but that's not represented.  

And I don't think the point of the cartoon involved riots. Perhaps you should draw your own. 
    I'm saying I think the cartoon is wrong.  Those aren't the two sides.  Cartoonists can do what they want, but don't expect me or anyone else not to say... meh that's kind of bullshit. 

Some young girl is holding up a poster that her mom made for her. So that proves it, cops and the kkk are the same thing. Argument over I guess.
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Some young girl is holding up a poster that her mom made for her. So that proves it, cops and the kkk are the same thing. Argument over I guess.
    Pretty sure teenagers can make posters... interesting though that you'd ridicule this kid and ignore the FBI report...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,168
    Biden
     Trump fires Defense Secretary Mark Esper in a tweet - The Washington Post

November 9, 2020 at 1:33 p.m. EST

President Trump announced the ouster of Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper on Monday, marking the exit of Trump’s fourth Pentagon chief and naming a senior intelligence official to take his place.

“Mark Esper has been terminated. I would like to thank him for his service,” the president said on Twitter.

Trump said that Christopher Miller, head of the National Counterterrorism Center, would immediately become acting defense secretary. “Chris will do a GREAT job!” Trump said.

Esper’s firing, expected since at least June but announced suddenly as Trump continues to contest the results of the presidential election, plunges the Pentagon into another period of leadership upheaval as military officials seek to reorient the military toward threats emanating from Asia and navigate political tensions at home.

AD

Esper, an Army veteran and former weapons lobbyist who also worked on Capitol Hill, has been mostly aligned with his commander in chief on major foreign policy issues, but he clashed with Trump over the president’s steps to draw the military into partisan politics.

Chief among those was a dust-up in June, when Trump demanded that thousands of troops be dispatched on the streets of Washington amid protests over the police killing of George Floyd. Trump threatened to invoke the Insurrection Act to active-duty service members, but Esper and Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, pushed against it, concerned that it would look like martial law.

Esper presided over the military’s response to the coronavirus pandemic and, following last summer’s protests, sought to take steps to address its legacy of racial and gender discrimination. In July, the defense secretary issued a de facto ban on the display of the Confederate battle flag on military bases and stated openness to renaming Army posts that recognize Confederate officers who fought to preserve slavery. Trump angrily tweeted that he would not allow bases to be renamed but did not overturn the ban.

AD

Esper took over amid upheaval in 2019, after then-acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan abruptly resigned in the midst of preparations for his confirmation hearing. Shanahan served in an acting capacity for six months after his predecessor, retired Gen. Jim Mattis, resigned over disputes with Trump about military alliances and other matters. Richard V. Spencer, the then-Navy secretary, served as acting defense secretary for a week while Esper underwent Senate confirmation.

Esper, who graduated from West Point in the same class as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, joined the Trump administration as Army secretary in 2017, Trump’s third nominee for that position after other candidates dropped out.

He has struggled at times to achieve his stated goal of protecting the military from politicization. While he broke with Trump in June over the potential use of active duty troops to help restore order, he referred to U.S. cities as a “battlespace” during the same period, a remark for which he apologized. Esper also drew criticism for appearing alongside Trump for a photo outside the White House shortly after uniformed personnel forcibly cleared protesters from the area.

Esper has mostly avoided the news media since, curtailing interviews in favor of events at think tanks.

Miller previously served as a senior Pentagon official for Special Operations matters and also worked on the National Security Council. As an Army officer, he took part in combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. He became director of the National Counterterrorism Center in August.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Biden
    Does anyone have any ideas about who President Biden should choose as Secretary of Defense? Who are the top possibilities? W
    I'm thinking we really need a good manager with a lot of experience in that area to stabilize that department...all departments probably.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,326
    edited November 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    Kat said:
    Does anyone have any ideas about who President Biden should choose as Secretary of Defense? Who are the top possibilities? W
    I'm thinking we really need a good manager with a lot of experience in that area to stabilize that department...all departments probably.

Hillary Clinton. Just for the right wing meltdown. And her being competent as fuck as a politician. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Biden
    I can completely agree about her competence but I'm hoping for a serious discussion on this because I have no idea who might be right for the job.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,168
    Biden
    Kat said:
    I can completely agree about her competence but I'm hoping for a serious discussion on this because I have no idea who might be right for the job.

Mattis......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    Kat said:
    I was serious.
  • Options
    Biden
    I'm taking back my comment about her competence, of which she has a LOT. She's not a military person though and I'm thinking the Secretary of Defense position would be enhanced by someone from the military. Thanks, Mickey. Mattis has quite the resume. Do you think he might come out of retirement again?

• Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    Kat said:

Mattis......
    That's what I was going to say! 
    Let him get a chance to do the job in an adult administration, and if he occasionally mentions the stark difference between working for an adult who cares about America and working for a clownbaby who only cares about himself...well that's just icing on the cake.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,320
    I'm sitting this one out
    Kat said:
    I'm taking back my comment about her competence, of which she has a LOT. She's not a military person though and I'm thinking the Secretary of Defense position would be enhanced by someone from the military. Thanks, Mickey. Mattis has quite the resume. Do you think he might come out of retirement again?

Tammy Duckworth?
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    Kat said:

Tammy Duckworth?
    C'mon.. really?  I like her, but being a Senator and veteran is not the requisite experience.  

I hate to say this, but it's very difficult for us to know who is truly qualified as a secretary because it's a about hte highest bureaucratic position in the world.  
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,383
    The Mayor 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pretty sure teenagers can make posters... interesting though that you'd ridicule this kid and ignore the FBI report...
    I wasn't ridiculing her. Its hard to judge with a mask, to me she looked like a 2nd grader.
    Still, she is saying cops = KKK.  that is not true. 
    The FBI report said the KKK and cops are the same thing? I didn't see that.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Kat said:

Tammy Duckworth?
    C'mon.. really?  I like her, but being a Senator and veteran is not the requisite experience.  

I hate to say this, but it's very difficult for us to know who is truly qualified as a secretary because it's a about hte highest bureaucratic position in the world.  
    I have no fucking idea. I'm spitballing names on a Pearl Jam message board. Politico put her on their short list.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/11/07/joe-biden-cabinet-picks-possible-choices-433431
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    You'd think a Biden victory would have mellowed people out around here!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,950
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    who is upset?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,511
    MayDay10 said:
    there are reports that Trump is going to go all out with scattershot court challenges, attempts to sway public opinion, and more rallies.

Just awful.  25th him if he isnt interested in participating in our government
    Yup, Rally like this one:  https://www.facebook.com/1558118976/videos/10223325943167664/

You don't have to have FAKEbook to view(I don't and was able to view)

Chaos is what he WANTS !
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    Sorry,  that must have come out wrong.  It seems to me you have to have an experienced administrator to manage the joint chiefs,  president,  etc.  I think State is totally different.  That's image,  first and foremost.