Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    mace1229 said:
    JimmyV said:

I love how this cartoon lumps a cop in the same category as the kkk and a redneck with a confederate shirt. Really demonstrates how some people fee about police.
    If you look at the cartoon from a purely factual standpoint the group's on the left overwhelmingly support Democrats while the people on the right overwhelmingly support Republicans.

The cartoon is inflammatory but sometimes that's the point of good political cartoons.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Biden
    Anybody else see the thin blue line flag where the blue line was sized to represent the number of police who are domestic abusers?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Do you really want to have a discussion about how ridiculous, over the top, and in many cases, factually wrong this paper is?  Do you really think the conclusions, particularly that America is a "failed state" are true?  Does this writer even know what a failed state is?  If he has a different definition than the rest of the civilized world (which apparently my group isn't a part of), then he should share his made up one. 
    Im gonna reread it and get back to you after work.  I saw the article as meant to be inflammatory and lead to discussion amongst us white people.  After a deeper reread I’m happy to have a discussion.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,741
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Do you really want to have a discussion about how ridiculous, over the top, and in many cases, factually wrong this paper is?  Do you really think the conclusions, particularly that America is a "failed state" are true?  Does this writer even know what a failed state is?  If he has a different definition than the rest of the civilized world (which apparently my group isn't a part of), then he should share his made up one. 
    Im gonna reread it and get back to you after work.  I saw the article as meant to be inflammatory and lead to discussion amongst us white people.  After a deeper reread I’m happy to have a discussion.  
    Well it's definitely inflammatory.  It's also pretty racist.  
  • Options
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,798
    mace1229 said:
    JimmyV said:

I love how this cartoon lumps a cop in the same category as the kkk and a redneck with a confederate shirt. Really demonstrates how some people fee about police.

This cartoon didn't do that.  They did that to themselves.  I mean, the FBI did an investigation and issued a report on it ~10 years ago. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JimmyV said:

This cartoon didn't do that.  They did that to themselves.  I mean, the FBI did an investigation and issued a report on it ~10 years ago. 
    Teh argument I would have is that every neo-confederate is a racist.  Every KKK is a racist, but not every cop.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    The cartoon shows the police on the side of the GOP, and indeed they are. The National Association of Police Organizations endorsed Trump.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,617
    Biden
    there are reports that Trump is going to go all out with scattershot court challenges, attempts to sway public opinion, and more rallies.

Just awful.  25th him if he isnt interested in participating in our government
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    The cartoon shows the police on the side of the GOP, and indeed they are. The National Association of Police Organizations endorsed Trump.
    But so are religious leaders,  military,  some business people,  but they aren't represented there.  And certainly people on the far left (probably left of actually voting) were part of riots at some level,  but that's not represented.  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mrussel1 said:
    But so are religious leaders,  military,  some business people,  but they aren't represented there.  And certainly people on the far left (probably left of actually voting) were part of riots at some level,  but that's not represented.  

Just how crowded do you want that cartoon to be? 

And I don't think the point of the cartoon involved riots. Perhaps you should draw your own. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Just how crowded do you want that cartoon to be? 

And I don't think the point of the cartoon involved riots. Perhaps you should draw your own. 
    I'm saying I think the cartoon is wrong.  Those aren't the two sides.  Cartoonists can do what they want, but don't expect me or anyone else not to say... meh that's kind of bullshit. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    there are reports that Trump is going to go all out with scattershot court challenges, attempts to sway public opinion, and more rallies.

He's just flailing and raising money to pay off campaign debt.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:

100% agree.  If he concedes,  the money stops. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,009
    MayDay10 said:

And they are trying pretty damn hard it looks like. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,382
    😂😂😂 Republicans accepted all the senate races outcomes but not the presidential results? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Biden
    😂😂😂 Republicans accepted all the senate races outcomes but not the presidential results? 
    That's why Mitch is quiet.  He doesn't want his majority to be called into question. 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    The point of the cartoon is to point out the problem with people on the left being asked to be play nice with people who are actively working to endanger their rights and their safety by aligning with a political party that can't even bring itself to pretend that it cares about their rights and safety.
    If police put themselves on that side of the divide, it's their problem, not the left's.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    Is this a democracy?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    The fact that Trump supporters in one state was screaming "Stop the vote" and in another screamed "Count the votes"... doesn't that... sort  of says it all... 

It's to absurd to be real life.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,617
    Biden
    www.rawstory.com/2020/11/trump-is-devouring-fast-food-and-aides-are-lighting-scented-candles-to-cover-up-the-stench-report/

Trump is devouring fast food — and aides are ‘lighting scented candles’ to cover up the stench: report
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Biden
    I didn't realize she was out of office.  That's nice at least. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,313
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    I didn't realize she was out of office.  That's nice at least. 
    She is so batshit crazy. MN has some extreme right wing crazies. As long as the metro areas stay strong we can keep them out of state and federal positions.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    JimmyV said:

If you look at the cartoon from a purely factual standpoint the group's on the left overwhelmingly support Democrats while the people on the right overwhelmingly support Republicans.

The cartoon is inflammatory but sometimes that's the point of good political cartoons.
    I get that. But that wasn't their goal, if all they wanted to do was portray groups that support each side, then they could have used religion, veterans and firemen to represent the right. They didn't. The purpose of the cartoon was to portray the left as victims and the right as aggressors and racist. It was an attempt to lump all of the right into an evil racist category and include police in that evil. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,837
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:

I do enjoy that a lot of the base is going to send a lot of money so Trump can use it as he sees fit and most of them will never feel like chumps.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,845
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    This is concerning.  Any guesses as to how this will be dealt with?:

"Meanwhile, the refusal to acknowledge Biden’s win is hamstringing his ability to get his team in place. Emily Murphy, a Trump appointee at the General Services Administration, the agency in charge of signing the paperwork that gives a new administration access to office space and equipment as well as $9.9 million authorized for a presidential transition, has refused to sign paperwork enabling Biden and his team to begin the transition process. Once the transition begins, the new administration can begin to process disclosure and conflict-of-interest forms and get up to speed with ongoing government projects. But the GSA is refusing to allow a transition before Trump agrees that one is in order. Normally the transition begins the day after the election is called."

No one has a guess on this?  I don't either.
    Gonna be a long two months.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    This is concerning.  Any guesses as to how this will be dealt with?:

"Meanwhile, the refusal to acknowledge Biden’s win is hamstringing his ability to get his team in place. Emily Murphy, a Trump appointee at the General Services Administration, the agency in charge of signing the paperwork that gives a new administration access to office space and equipment as well as $9.9 million authorized for a presidential transition, has refused to sign paperwork enabling Biden and his team to begin the transition process. Once the transition begins, the new administration can begin to process disclosure and conflict-of-interest forms and get up to speed with ongoing government projects. But the GSA is refusing to allow a transition before Trump agrees that one is in order. Normally the transition begins the day after the election is called."

No one has a guess on this?  I don't either.
    Gonna be a long two months.
    I think the Biden team will file a lawsuit to release money,  etc in the next few weeks.  Nevada will certify their vote on the 12th and that will be an important moment.