Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    This is not just a defeat of the so-called current president but also a defeat of racism, xenophobia, homophobia, anti-semitism  etc etc

Buhbyedon
    This has to be the most ignorant post of the day.   You think those things no longer exist?  Yikes.  

True, they still exist, but over half the country has had it with racism, xenophobia, homophobia, anti-semitism, etc., and when you look at how the youth of today voted we can see that number is growing.  It's going to be a long road to ending hate, and of course it will always be there, but perhaps we are finally going in the direction on reducing hate and judging people by their color, race, choice of faith, etc.  Not everyone may realize it, but this was an important win today for everybody!
    Honesty Brian, you’re better than that.  You don’t honestly think that anyone who voted for Trump is by default racist.  

That’s an incredibly stupid statement, but if it makes the self righteous feel better, so be it.  

Biden’s election does nothing to any of those.  As a matter of fact it could do the opposite.  At least it was brought to the surface to be squashed.    Feeling self satisfied is the fastest way to lose ground. Unless we all continue to push to eradicate it - not by marching on the streets (though that’s fine) and certainly not by rioting, but by actively impacting people’s lives in a positive way.

i mean do you really think there’s any more of those things today then there was 5 years ago?  You’re kidding yourself if you think so,  The whole Colin Kaepernick thing started in 2016.  Who was President?  That’s just one example.  Biden would do the country a service by noting as much.  The Trump years did not invent those things or even make them worse.  They did expose them more. And that’s a good thing. 

Edit - I’m not arguing Trump deserves any credit.    Making the point that those things existed and have perpetuated thorough time. 
    Wow, just wow. Do you really believe what you spout? Or just trying to “own the libs?” By the way, you’re really full of enlightenment. How did any of us ever think we knew what was going on? The apologists are thick, THICK everywhere. BOO HOO.

ps: a relative absence over four years of the worst administration in world history and more than two posts a day since Tuesday is telling. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. Like your side has some moral high ground. Thanks for the LOL! Did I do the rejoinder right?
    You vote for a racist means you stand with a racist ! You might not feel like your a racist but you agree with one and Covidiot is def a racist has been his whole life! 
    I have been saying this for weeks, months,  and unfortunately years now.
    The Buddhists believe that when you support evil that that support makes you evil as well.
    Supporting a "president" and a regime that pushes evil, fearful, hateful,  ignorant, racist, and xenophobic policies and beliefs makes you complicit.
    Whether that support is posting on a liberal bands website in support of those policies or voting. It is still support
    Absolutely agree with this. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    Disgraceful disgusting POS humans all his supporters every single one of them all 77 million need to be shipped to Russia with their prophet leader! Fuck’em all..
    I was told all Trump supporters are not this bad and actually might have room to redeem themselves. What say you all?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    Disgraceful disgusting POS humans all his supporters every single one of them all 77 million need to be shipped to Russia with their prophet leader! Fuck’em all..
    I was told all Trump supporters are not this bad and actually might have room to redeem themselves. What say you all?
    I say they had a chance to redeem themselves on Tuesday and 70 million of them pissed it away.  

• Options

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,741
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:
    This is not just a defeat of the so-called current president but also a defeat of racism, xenophobia, homophobia, anti-semitism  etc etc

Buhbyedon
    This has to be the most ignorant post of the day.   You think those things no longer exist?  Yikes.  

True, they still exist, but over half the country has had it with racism, xenophobia, homophobia, anti-semitism, etc., and when you look at how the youth of today voted we can see that number is growing.  It's going to be a long road to ending hate, and of course it will always be there, but perhaps we are finally going in the direction on reducing hate and judging people by their color, race, choice of faith, etc.  Not everyone may realize it, but this was an important win today for everybody!
    Honesty Brian, you’re better than that.  You don’t honestly think that anyone who voted for Trump is by default racist.  

That’s an incredibly stupid statement, but if it makes the self righteous feel better, so be it.  

Biden’s election does nothing to any of those.  As a matter of fact it could do the opposite.  At least it was brought to the surface to be squashed.    Feeling self satisfied is the fastest way to lose ground. Unless we all continue to push to eradicate it - not by marching on the streets (though that’s fine) and certainly not by rioting, but by actively impacting people’s lives in a positive way.

i mean do you really think there’s any more of those things today then there was 5 years ago?  You’re kidding yourself if you think so,  The whole Colin Kaepernick thing started in 2016.  Who was President?  That’s just one example.  Biden would do the country a service by noting as much.  The Trump years did not invent those things or even make them worse.  They did expose them more. And that’s a good thing. 

Edit - I’m not arguing Trump deserves any credit.    Making the point that those things existed and have perpetuated thorough time. 
    Wow, just wow. Do you really believe what you spout? Or just trying to “own the libs?” By the way, you’re really full of enlightenment. How did any of us ever think we knew what was going on? The apologists are thick, THICK everywhere. BOO HOO.

ps: a relative absence over four years of the worst administration in world history and more than two posts a day since Tuesday is telling. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. Like your side has some moral high ground. Thanks for the LOL! Did I do the rejoinder right?
    You vote for a racist means you stand with a racist ! You might not feel like your a racist but you agree with one and Covidiot is def a racist has been his whole life! 
    The Buddhists believe that when you support evil that that support makes you evil as well.
    Supporting a "president" and a regime that pushes evil, fearful, hateful,  ignorant, racist, and xenophobic policies and beliefs makes you complicit.
    Whether that support is posting on a liberal bands website in support of those policies or voting. It is still support
    So we have 70 million evil Americans? What should we do? Jail them? Disenfranchise them? Not allow them to hold a job? Just curious where this inflammatory language meets the road. I mean evil is a very strong word.  We can't have 50% of the country to be evil.  We have to do something.  

I'd like to start with my sister who is 18 years older than me and cares for my elderly mother in Ohio every day.  She was also a mother for me basically for several years.  She is a kind,  giving person who I love dearly.  But I know she voted for Trump so obviously she is evil.  What should I do? Should I cut off communication or something more radical? As a human,  how can I not do something to eradicate the evil that is my sister? Doesn't that make me evil by allowing it to continue? 

Anyone else have an evil family member that they love,  or just me?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,320
    I'm sitting this one out
    When your preferred candidate wins the election and you're still cranked up about millions of people you've never met and never will
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,168
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

So we have 70 million evil Americans? What should we do? Jail them? Disenfranchise them? Not allow them to hold a job? Just curious where this inflammatory language meets the road. I mean evil is a very strong word.  We can't have 50% of the country to be evil.  We have to do something.  

I'd like to start with my sister who is 18 years older than me and cares for my elderly mother in Ohio every day.  She was also a mother for me basically for several years.  She is a kind,  giving person who I love dearly.  But I know she voted for Trump so obviously she is evil.  What should I do? Should I cut off communication or something more radical? As a human,  how can I not do something to eradicate the evil that is my sister? Doesn't that make me evil by allowing it to continue? 

my brother his wife 2 daughters and a granddaughter from I garauntee will be learning to be "republican"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

my brother his wife 2 daughters and a granddaughter from I garauntee will be learning to be "republican"
    Do you consider them evil?
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

We have 70million Americans who supported a hateful, evil regime. We have more Americans who supported that regime the second time around than did in 2016. Those people don't deserve a pass. I have friends and family too who are vocal Trump supporters. I love them just the same but it changes nothing about what they have been a part of these last few years. And it's easy for you and I to split hairs on this. We are in no danger from the police on a routine traffic stop, of ICE kicking down our door, of our children being ripped away and put in cages. But that doesn't make those things any less disgusting and wrong. People who supported Trump were ok, on some level, with all of that. 

• Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

We have 70million Americans who supported a hateful, evil regime. We have more Americans who supported that regime the second time around than did in 2016. Those people don't deserve a pass. I have friends and family too who are vocal Trump supporters. I love them just the same but it changes nothing about what they have been a part of these last few years. And it's easy for you and I to split hairs on this. We are in no danger from the police on a routine traffic stop, of ICE kicking down our door, of our children being ripped away and put in cages. But that doesn't make those things any less disgusting and wrong. People who supported Trump were ok, on some level, with all of that. 
    So again, these family members are evil according to you and Bently.  So what are you going to do about it?  You can't let that stand.  That makes you evil too by extension. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

So again, these family members are evil according to you and Bently.  So what are you going to do about it?  You can't let that stand.  That makes you evil too by extension. 
    Are you arguing something other than that you don't like the word evil? Because to me it's just a word. It doesn't make any problem we face going forward any less serious or any more hard to solve. Trump's conduct in office was reprehensible and the people who supported it did a terrible thing. Call it whatever you want. 

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

Are you arguing something other than that you don't like the word evil? Because to me it's just a word. It doesn't make any problem we face going forward any less serious or any more hard to solve. Trump's conduct in office was reprehensible and the people who supported it did a terrible thing. Call it whatever you want. 
    Haven't we been always saying about Trump that words matter.  What he says matters? And now you're saying "evil" is just a meaningless word? Give me a break. 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,020
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    Trumpito tricked those people, straight up DUPED them.  Here in the USA, they have every right to be duped, and every right to be feeble of mind, and every right to be racists, too.  One can TALK all they want to, ACTIONS are where there's a problem.  Tolerating "talk" isn't all that hard, especially if the ideas are stupid.  When the "action" starts?  Call the POPO or take care of your own business.  

The staccato delivery at the hate rallies, I will not miss.

I got problems of my own.  Moving on is what I'm doing.  They wanna hang on?  Best of luck with that.  4 years is a long time.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

Haven't we been always saying about Trump that words matter.  What he says matters? And now you're saying "evil" is just a meaningless word? Give me a break. 
    So you are not only just arguing a word but you are equating my words with those of the President of the United States to do so. OK. You have at that. Smh

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
  • Options
    Biden
    An evil dictator subjugates the pliable population.  Not everyone is smart enough to fend off or even recognize that type of shit.
  • Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

So you are not only just arguing a word but you are equating my words with those of the President of the United States to do so. OK. You have at that. Smh
    Words matter.  And I'm challenging you on what you said.  The words I'm seeing here are the same ones I see in the Breitbart comments.  
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,320
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

"Mom, when I said you were an irredeemably evil racist piece of shit what I meant was I'm disappointed in your vote."
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,261
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

I would say there are four types who support Trump:
    1 - those that do not support Dem economic and tax policies 
    2 - those with an religious and abortion agenda
    3 - those that believe the Dems are too supportive of minority issues - racists fall into this category
    4 - and uninformed fucking morons who believe in conspiracy theories like Q

if I had to break it down by percentages id go 1=25%, 2=25%, , 3=40% and 4=10%
  • Options
    Biden
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

3 - those that believe the Dems are too supportive of minority issues - racists fall into this category

Probably correct.  All evil?
  • Options
    Biden

Mitch is now the leader of the GOP..  I'd just ask anyone still grasping for straws, "YO Is this charismatic MF'er yer boy or what?"
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,261
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

Probably correct.  All evil?
    No just those in 3 and 4
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

"Mom, when I said you were an irredeemably evil racist piece of shit what I meant was I'm disappointed in your vote."
    Hahaha, now that’s hilarious!
  • Options
    Biden
    I love how I should take "rope, tree, press" shirt seriously but not the evil stuff.  Or the database. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

Words matter.  And I'm challenging you on what you said.  The words I'm seeing here are the same ones I see in the Breitbart comments.  
    Breitbart now, too? Ok. I don't spend a lot of time there so I'll take your word for it. 

I get that it's a harsh assessment, and I get that you don't like it. That doesn't make ripping families apart, locking children in cages, and keeping such piss poor records that many of these families may never be reunited any less evil, and that is just one example. What should we call those who were ok with that enough to vote for four more years of it?

And if evil doesn't apply now, when does it? Where exactly is the line? What would these people have to be willing to vote in favor of for evil to apply? 

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

ill-informed.

fiercely loyal, military/firefighter family.
    brother accepted my drunken/crackhead ass back without hesitation once I got help.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

ill-informed.

brother accepted my drunken/crackhead ass back without hesitation once I got help.
    Ill informed,  yes.  Irredeemable,  no.  Evil,  vast majority,  no. 
  • Options
    Biden
    Willfully ill-informed. Willing to work hard at remaining ill-informed. Willing to let the country crumble around them as long as their fantasy bubble remains intact. 

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:

Buhbyedon

ill-informed.

Ill informed,  yes.  Irredeemable,  no.  Evil,  vast majority,  no. 
    my brother and I have had 2 conversations about trump in 4 years. both took place in 17. his choice was based on disruption of status quo . well I think he got that on spades.

his youngest made an assumption about  my political leanings(registered independent btw) based off my disapproval of precedent dumpster fire.
    said I was so blue its sickening.

replied with "well I am an independent, but its a goddamned shame to lose a family member over that pos but such is life"