Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,155

News starting to report PA provisional ballots could be a large number like 100k, but they don’t know for sure. These could be heavily republican, because it’s voters who requested a mail in ballot then decided to vote in person, as trump was imploring them to do. 

If this report is correct, PA could be days away and not as safe as Dems have been saying. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    Biden

News starting to report PA provisional ballots could be a large number like 100k, but they don’t know for sure. These could be heavily republican, because it’s voters who requested a mail in ballot then decided to vote in person, as trump was imploring them to do. 

If this report is correct, PA could be days away and not as safe as Dems have been saying. 
    Could just as easily be Democrats who requested a mail in ballot and then became distrustful of the post office's ability to deliver it. Could be a lot of things. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Biden
    Biden up 27,000 in PA. 

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Biden
    Pretty sure the magic number is 35k for Biden to have this speech tonight. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Biden
    There is no reason to assume those are overwhelmingly republican ballots.  Lots are from the philly area apparently.  They are expecting roughly the same distribution
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,912
    Biden

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    I ran out to the store for a few things and while shopping, overheard these two guy talking.  One guy told the other, "I like your hat."  (How did I guess it was a Trump hat.  Well, this is Hell Dorado County, after all.)  From there it went to these guys talking about how "Biden won by cheating" and how  "it isn't over in Pennsylvania- a lot of those votes are phony".  Finally, one of them said, "We just have to keep hoping, keep praying."

Well, OK, their guy lost.  Sure, they're going to be upset.  I had to keep that in mind.  But "won by cheating".  I wanted to say, "Come on, dudes..." but kept my mouth shut.   And what is this about "keep praying"?  Pray for Trump's soul?  Pray that a godless, selfish, cheating, lying, self-absorbed, hateful man will... what?  Win anyway?  Or change his ways and stop being so evil?

I don't understand these people.  Not one bit. 
    trump's spiritual advisor, ladies and gentlemen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmMUmLYT1Y

watch till the end. it's like she chanting in some foreign tongue
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    Graham had great comment today - “Biden deserves a cabinet.”   Reminding everyone who approves those nominations.   No Warren Secy of State.  Lol.  This is going to be enjoyable.  
    Constitution doesn’t say the cabinet has to be senate approved, no?  It certainly didn’t stop trump.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,155
    MayDay10 said:
    There is no reason to assume those are overwhelmingly republican ballots.  Lots are from the philly area apparently.  They are expecting roughly the same distribution

Trump told them to vote in person. Provisional ballots are similar to in person voting, not the mail ins that Biden has been cleaning up in, its likely republican, probably not enough to catch Biden. But it’s a wildcard to prolong the process at a minimum. State says it could take days because voter ID info needs to be verified ballot by ballot. I guess we are all watching this on the news ;)
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    Two things here lead me to believe this is fake news...Republican Party and New York Post
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Two things here lead me to believe this is fake news...Republican Party and New York Post
    The state election agency confirmed it. I would have used another source, but oddly I haven’t found it on CNN
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Haha. Priceless.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGRnhBmHYN0&app=desktop

Obviously he misspoke. Doesn’t make it less funny.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    The state election agency confirmed it. I would have used another source, but oddly I haven’t found it on CNN

From the same story on Fox News:

“It’s natural to wonder whether similar problems could have occurred in other jurisdictions that use the same machine. Fortunately, even if the county hadn’t noticed, this would have been caught and corrected during Michigan’s normal canvassing procedures, when they compare the results to the paper tapes from the machines,” he added.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,763
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    I ran out to the store for a few things and while shopping, overheard these two guy talking.  One guy told the other, "I like your hat."  (How did I guess it was a Trump hat.  Well, this is Hell Dorado County, after all.)  From there it went to these guys talking about how "Biden won by cheating" and how  "it isn't over in Pennsylvania- a lot of those votes are phony".  Finally, one of them said, "We just have to keep hoping, keep praying."

Well, OK, their guy lost.  Sure, they're going to be upset.  I had to keep that in mind.  But "won by cheating".  I wanted to say, "Come on, dudes..." but kept my mouth shut.   And what is this about "keep praying"?  Pray for Trump's soul?  Pray that a godless, selfish, cheating, lying, self-absorbed, hateful man will... what?  Win anyway?  Or change his ways and stop being so evil?

I don't understand these people.  Not one bit. 
    trump's spiritual advisor, ladies and gentlemen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmMUmLYT1Y

watch till the end. it's like she chanting in some foreign tongue

Interesting theater.  To bad her needle got stuck and messenger boy couldn't find an exit. 

That was stra-a-ange!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Biden
    Now mark meadows has covid
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

“It’s natural to wonder whether similar problems could have occurred in other jurisdictions that use the same machine. Fortunately, even if the county hadn’t noticed, this would have been caught and corrected during Michigan’s normal canvassing procedures, when they compare the results to the paper tapes from the machines,” he added.
    So they admit it happened and the excuse is “don’t worry, we would have caught it if you hadn’t.” 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    Wait. That part is also in the New York Post article. So why is this even news? There’s another fail safe in place even if the county hadn’t caught it. There is a hundred and fifty fucking million votes to count. And it’s somehow a news story that 3,000 of these 150,000,000 were miscounted, caught, and would have been caught even if the original catchers hadn’t caught it? Which they did. So fucking pathetic that this is even a discussion. 
    Post edited by RiotZact on
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    RiotZact said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

So they admit it happened and the excuse is “don’t worry, we would have caught it if you hadn’t.” 
    Seems like a reasonable response since every state has procedures and protocols to certify its vote. 

• Options
    Biden
    Almost 29,000 in PA. 

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Biden
    Because they're desperate. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Re reading story and it seems like an election official caught it and passed the news that other precincts that used this software should check for errors.  Sounds like proper election protocol not conspiracy.  That happened on a few machines in Texas where if people voted joe the machine would count a trump vote. People called it out and the offending machines were locked out. This is another reason for archaic paper ballots or at least receipts of some kind that you can double check before officially submitting
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

undercounted ONLY fucksticks votes?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    Wait. That part is also in the New York Post article. So why is this even news? There’s another fail safe in place even if the county hadn’t caught it. There is a hundred and fifty fucking million votes to count. And it’s somehow a news story that 3,000 of these 150,000,000 were miscounted, caught, and would have been caught even if the original catchers hadn’t caught it? Which they did. So fucking pathetic that this is even a discussion. 
    Total number of votes doesn’t matter if it’s  going to come down to 20 or 30,000 in a few states. So yeah, 3000 is a big number. Also they don’t know if it was a glitch, said it could have been human error. 
    Don’t know why it’s being so dismissed when people are complaining he hasn’t conceded yet but apparently they haven’t done these double checks that would catch these things yet in a close election?
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Total number of votes doesn’t matter if it’s  going to come down to 20 or 30,000 in a few states. So yeah, 3000 is a big number. Also they don’t know if it was a glitch, said it could have been human error. 
    Don’t know why it’s being so dismissed when people are complaining he hasn’t conceded yet but apparently they haven’t done these double checks that would catch these things yet in a close election?
    If they haven’t double checked it how did they catch it?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 226
    Biden

• Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    RiotZact said:
    What are you talking about? They caught it on the first check. If they hadn’t, then there would have been another check. What evidence is there that we should not trust either of these checks? Be it the first check by the county, or the second check that wasn’t even needed? Because Trump said so? 
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    RiotZact said:
    perhaps because we aren't clise to certified official results?

counting is still going on in many places. called states are largely projections

• Options
    edited November 2020
    RiotZact said:
    mace1229 said:
    RiotZact said:
    What are you talking about? They caught it on the first check. If they hadn’t, then there would have been another check. What evidence is there that we should not trust either of these checks? Be it the first check by the county, or the second check that wasn’t even needed? Because Trump said so? 
    I never said that. My comment was “this is unsettling.” To find a swing of 6000 votes in an election that could be decided by not much more than that is unsettling to me. Didn’t say I didn’t trust it. They don’t know if it was a glitch in the software that is also used in many other counties or human error or human error. Human error is just going to cast more doubt on those already doubting.  So yeah, 4 days after the election to have a swing of 6000 votes when in the right state that could be a big factor is unsettling. I would think it would be to everyone, whoever you voted for. A Biden supporter now has to hope this was a one-time glitch. Trump supporter is going to look for more. In this election with everything going on at the current moment, I would think this is worth mentioning. Never said it was fraud, never said I don’t trust it. Literally just said it was unsettling.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    RiotZact said:
    If they haven’t double checked it how did they catch it?
    Yes, A few hours ago when the election was Tuesday. Same comments as above.