Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    mrussel1 said:
    looks like OH will be trump.  And Lindsey Graham safe too.
    Cnn just said something interesting.  They expect early vote to shrink in NC, to trump's advantage,  but Ohio will have early vote grow as the night goes on. 
    i have trump down 13 at 70% in.  he'll pass him in about the next half hour, and then it's a run for trump in Oh as its very red in the counties low in counts
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,017
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    It's over.

Trump is America. America is Trump.  I kinda knew it. I did think Lindsey was going to lose.

What a monumentally crap night.

This isn't my country, anymore.

You're calling it this early?  Not me!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    I'm sitting this one out
    No doubt. 7 crucial battlegrounds still listed.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,017
    Biden
    tish said:
    No doubt. 7 crucial battlegrounds still listed.

That's the spirit!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    It's over.

Trump is America. America is Trump.  I kinda knew it. I did think Lindsey was going to lose.

unfortunately i feel this. i just have a shitty sinking feeling.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    VA just called for trump. In much more important news, I'm seeing very big numbers for trump in PA, bigger than expected.  very bad for joe.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    It's over.

Still, though, before you leave the house next, you'll probably want to have an answer planned to the following "Are you loyal to President Trump?"
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    It's over.

Still, though, before you leave the house next, you'll probably want to have an answer planned to the following "Are you loyal to President Trump?"

Are you? 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    Biden
    VA just called for trump. In much more important news, I'm seeing very big numbers for trump in PA, bigger than expected.  very bad for joe.
    Say what? Who called Virginia? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065

It is going to come down to PA isnt it....
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    It's over.

Are you? 

I am not loyal to our President. So I have to decide if I want to admit that to the first armed person (be it military, police, Proud Boy, or whatever) that asks me. It might literally be life and death. Tonight, Donald J. Trump didn't just win, he won more convincingly than he did four years ago. He might even win the popular vote! (Which even I was not cynical enough to believe).  With big turnout, the American people came out hard for Donald J. Trump.  And even if most don't realize it, they came out hard for authoritarianism.  It's only going to get darker.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,222
    I'm sitting this one out

Books are looking drastically different. First time trump has been favored since May 5th. Crazy
  • Options
    i hate to say it ya'll but this thing is over.  As I have it figured, I knew trump would take it, but I didn't realize it would be by this much.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Mail in ballots are going to make a clusterfuck out of this election
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Biden
    JW269453 said:

Books are looking drastically different. First time trump has been favored since May 5th. Crazy
    There's nothing different than what expected.  Democrats victims of their own expectations in Texas and Georgia. Ohio and NC, neither needed,  have Biden in the lead. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    I'm sitting this one out
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    It's over.

Are you? 

I am not loyal to our President. So I have to decide if I want to admit that to the first armed person (be it military, police, Proud Boy, or whatever) that asks me. It might literally be life and death. Tonight, Donald J. Trump didn't just win, he won more convincingly than he did four years ago. He might even win the popular vote! (Which even I was not cynical enough to believe).  With big turnout, the American people came out hard for Donald J. Trump.  And even if most don't realize it, they came out hard for authoritarianism.  It's only going to get darker.
    Am I missing something? This seems pretty drastic. Isn’t it way too early?
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    My Mom is pretty smart. She said Trump will win because he's well liked.
    My kid just reported the current numbers to her 4 friends who are vid-chatting while playing a game. They are 8 and dislike Trump.
  • Options
    Biden
    i hate to say it ya'll but this thing is over.  As I have it figured, I knew trump would take it, but I didn't realize it would be by this much.
    What state has he won that works qualify as "this much"?

Also,  I think you're wrong on Virginia.  Biden just closed the gap by 100k
  • Options
    Biden

Why?  I mean, I guess we'll be curious to see who wins the popular vote, since it's in question. But this is a landslide, plain and simple.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    PJNB said:

It is going to come down to PA isnt it....
    According to the Gaga girl.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    OnWis97 said:
    It's over.

unfortunately i feel this. i just have a shitty sinking feeling.
    Some Canadian journalist I follow, who are pro-Biden... also have that sinking feeling.  

I thought Biden would win huge...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:

There's nothing different than what expected.  Democrats victims of their own expectations in Texas and Georgia. Ohio and NC, neither needed,  have Biden in the lead. 

Unfortunately NYT has NC at 95% trump which I dont quite see but I trust their reporting. The 99% forecasts before today were criminal, not because they don’t understand stats, they completely missed the trump phenomenon.

Its going to come down the rust belt, and the only silver lining appears to be Biden will outperform Clinton in OH, which should be good news for WI MI & PA
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

he's up 100k in ohio, 23k in MI (early, which is horrible news for biden when early voting is counted first),  he'll pull out NC (but barely), and PA is a surprising lead
  • Options
    Biden
    Whoa! Maricopa!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    AZ is going to play a huge role as well. 
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Why?  I mean, I guess we'll be curious to see who wins the popular vote, since it's in question. But this is a landslide, plain and simple.

Whoever loses will cry foul no matter the popular vote.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

he's up 100k in ohio, 23k in MI (early, which is horrible news for biden when early voting is counted first),  he'll pull out NC (but barely), and PA is a surprising lead
    Trump won Ohio by 10 points last time.  Michigan and PA have told us nothing so far. 
  • Options
    Well, it will take days to count those votes..No one wins tonight
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    the trump win in PA is going to be shocking
  • Options
    OH and NC are slipping from Biden. Blue wall or bust. Trump is at worst 50/50 to get re-elected.