Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,357
    Biden
    Have only ever had a few people in front of me. most times walk right in and do the deal. currently about 50 back at 9 am.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,496
    edited November 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    What is with this idea of the long lines. 

Why aren't you scaling up the polling places to meet the population of that area?

Skimping out on having sound tax levels again in the name of "the government aint' takin' any of my money"?
    You don't scale up voting places.  Can't be done.  You are assigned a location based on where you live.  It's part of your registration.  If you just added new places, people would not know where to go. It would have to be done a year in advance.
    Scaling up the capacity of the voting place. Not adding more places.

Here (Le Sweden) you are also assigned a location based on where you live (but you are A-okey to go to to any voting place you like, other than on the actual election day where you have to go to the assigned one - and people here know where to go and don't get lost...) but still we don't have 24h lines people must stand in listening to the whole run the jewels discography while waiting.

And seems these long crazy lines are a thing every election. And not some crazy occurrence this time.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Biden
    according to adbook ohio has had 6 million cast already? or at least have filled out that annoying survey thing
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,719
    Biden
    Positive thoughts from me in Canada to you Americans.  Stay safe out there... and hopefully vote out the most corrupt and vile leader you've ever had. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Why aren't you scaling up the polling places to meet the population of that area?

Skimping out on having sound tax levels again in the name of "the government aint' takin' any of my money"?
    You don't scale up voting places.  Can't be done.  You are assigned a location based on where you live.  It's part of your registration.  If you just added new places, people would not know where to go. It would have to be done a year in advance.
    Scaling up the capacity of the voting place. Not adding more places.

Here (Le Sweden) you are also assigned a location based on where you live (but you are A-okey to go to to any voting place you like, other than on the actual election day where you have to go to the assigned one - and people here know where to go and don't get lost...) but still we don't have 24h lines people must stand in listening to the whole run the jewels discography while waiting.

And seems these long crazy lines are a thing every election. And not some crazy occurrence this time.
    I think most places have added more booths, at least around here.  The waits are usually longer first thing in the morning and at the end of the day.  So it's probably a little early to make a judgment on that issue.  With 100 million votes cast already, I don't think the lines overall will be terrible.  I'm sure there will be some outlier areas you see on teh news, but that will be teh exception, not the norm.  That's my guess.  I think overall vote count will be 160 million or so.  60 million voting on electino day isn't terrible. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    Biden
    Got to the voting place at 7:30, felt like i was in line for PJ merchandise. :lol:

No posters (Bernie)?  Fine, I'll get the hoodie (Warren)?  Those are out too?  No, I don't want any lame-ass wrist bands (Trump).  Just give me the so-so t-shirt (Biden). It's not what I really wanted, but it'll do.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options

Skimping out on having sound tax levels again in the name of "the government aint' takin' any of my money"?. Or republicans run places that refuses to scale up to have long lines?
    I went and it wasn't bad. The early voting lines were 5-10 times longer. I was in and out today in 20-25 minutes. People were standing in the rain on Friday for early voting for 3-4 hours. Lol. 

I think a big part of it has to do with the competency of the local government and elections officials to set things up properly.

Quite frankly, I don't think waiting in a line for an hour or 2 or 3 to exercise your right to vote is a big deal. Not sure why so many make it so. People wait 3 hours to go on Rock 'n Roller Coaster at Disney World.

I also thought - but, but, but COVID. Why is anyone voting in person?  Weren't we told that would be the death of all of us? When did that change?

I do love people blaming a party over another for local election officials.  That's like blaming the failures of the post office on Trump when we all know the post office has been failing for years. I bet before this year many of you wondered why we even have a post office. I mean - does anyone actually get any meaningful mail these days?    All I've been doing the last week is throwing out election shit. We could save the planet if we didn't have a means by which to waste the paper.   I find this place so amusing.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Biden

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out

Skimping out on having sound tax levels again in the name of "the government aint' takin' any of my money"?. Or republicans run places that refuses to scale up to have long lines?
    I went and it wasn't bad. The early voting lines were 5-10 times longer. I was in and out today in 20-25 minutes. People were standing in the rain on Friday for early voting for 3-4 hours. Lol. 

I think a big part of it has to do with the competency of the local government and elections officials to set things up properly.

Quite frankly, I don't think waiting in a line for an hour or 2 or 3 to exercise your right to vote is a big deal. Not sure why so many make it so. People wait 3 hours to go on Rock 'n Roller Coaster at Disney World.

I also thought - but, but, but COVID. Why is anyone voting in person?  Weren't we told that would be the death of all of us? When did that change?

I do love people blaming a party over another for local election officials.  That's like blaming the failures of the post office on Trump when we all know the post office has been failing for years. I bet before this year many of you wondered why we even have a post office. I mean - does anyone actually get any meaningful mail these days?    All I've been doing the last week is throwing out election shit. We could save the planet if we didn't have a means by which to waste the paper.   I find this place so amusing.
    I hope you recycled it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited November 2020
    mrussel1 said:

Wrong.  My town this year actually is using 3 schools instead of the usual 1.    If your local election officials are competent it can and is done.  Many of the problems most of you are crying about is a local not federal issue.  

As a matter of fact, my ballot this year had only 2 Federal offices (President and Rep - no Senators) while it had about a dozen local offices/judges and 2 local referendums.

Elections are local. I don't want my local election run like it is in NYC.  That's a recipe of race to the lowest. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Biden
    Saying Trump did not set out to purposefully make the post office worse is laughable.
    Yes, it sucked before.
    Sucks a hell of a lot worse with all of the changes the year leading up to the election....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Biden

What a stream of consciousness...  what are you even talking about here?  You went from voting lines to post offices.  It's like you're channeling your inner Trump gibberish. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Wrong.  My town this year actually is using 3 schools instead of the usual 1.    If your local election officials are competent it can and is done.  Many of the problems most of you are crying about is a local not federal issue.  

As a matter of fact, my ballot this year had only 2 Federal offices (President and Rep - no Senators) while it had about a dozen local offices/judges and 2 local referendums.

Elections are local. I don't want my local election run like it is in NYC.  That's a recipe of race to the lowest. 
    What do you mean WRONG?  When did your town make that decision?  You can do it, you just can't do it last minute because you're assigned a precinct and that precinct is a location.  You can't just change it last minute.  

What does your ballot have to do with anything at all?  And last, I'm in Virginia, not NYC.  
  • Options
    Biden

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

The best posts are from people that think they're the smartest guy in the room. Thanks for the laugh.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

What a stream of consciousness...  what are you even talking about here?  You went from voting lines to post offices.  It's like you're channeling your inner Trump gibberish. 

I will give you a hint - long election day lines are the fault of local election officials.  Many people blame Federal officials for that.  So, enter analogy of another silly blame game.  That part is actually very easy to follow. Do you know where Disney World is? (I do love how you dismiss everything as Trump this or that.  That's a good way to keep an open mind which I'm sure you claim you have)

And just to be clear - I think Biden is going to win.  I'm already past that.  I'm just trying to call out the rest of the silliness that surrounds this irrational angst.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

What in the flying fuck are you talking about?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    Biden
    PJNB said:
    big water.....ocean water.....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

I will give you a hint - long election day lines are the fault of local election officials.  Many people blame Federal officials for that.  So, enter analogy of another silly blame game.  That part is actually very easy to follow. Do you know where Disney World is? (I do love how you dismiss everything as Trump this or that.  That's a good way to keep an open mind which I'm sure you claim you have)

And just to be clear - I think Biden is going to win.  I'm already past that.  I'm just trying to call out the rest of the silliness that surrounds this irrational angst.
    Who's blaming federal election officials?  Who are "many people"?  If you're talking about Spiritual Chaos (and he didn't even blame the feds) well he's Swedish so he could hardly be faulted for not knowing everything about our process.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:

I voted in Brooklyn, NY this morning at 730AM. Took 7 minutes. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457

lol just the other day you were laughing at me for having waited 3hours for early voting now it’s not a big deal laughable you are! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Biden
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I voted in Brooklyn, NY this morning at 730AM. Took 7 minutes. 
    Yeah I don't think today will be terrible in states that had strong early voting numbers.  There will be a surge at the beginning and end of day.  But otherwise should move.  I think the final vote will be 160 million.  Considering 100MM are in the bag already, 60 in one day isn't outrageous. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Got to the voting place at 7:30, felt like i was in line for PJ merchandise. :lol:
    So big lines eh?  You're in the philly suburbs or Erie?

suburbs of philly (eeriepa was the name of a magazine some of my friends did about 15 years ago).
    What are your thoughts on PA going red or blue?

Hoping for Blue. The philly area definitely is central and most of western is red though. It's gonna be close...
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    Biden
    Democracy....set to make a comeback today. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,130
    Biden
    I was third in line at 6 am when the polls opened after arriving at 5:30 am, not soon after did the line begin the stretch the block and wind around and this is an elementary school in a low-density area of NYC that most people have never heard of
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Biden

• Options

I find the ignorance around these parts as having no bounds. I find it entertaining as hell. Why did you vote in person? Hope you don’t have or caught the covid!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

I'll give you credit, it takes a lot of effort to come off as a jerk, but you pulled it off well here. Every post by you is the same belittling, know it all attitude of everything is so easy for you. Nice. Glad your privilege has allowed you all these conveniences and simplistic views that applications of the law, policies and rules don't impact your daily life.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Biden
    huh. could a swore the lines at my spot , 100 plus inside and out and growing , very unusual in any other year, were largely due to higher turnout.

wtf do I know, hs drop out truck driver.....