Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,033
    Biden
    i'm so giddy for a landslide and for that entire Dump family to start pointing fingers and each other, public meltdown for the ages. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    Biden
    i'm so giddy for a landslide and for that entire Dump family to start pointing fingers and each other, public meltdown for the ages. 
    I'm hoping to see a meltdown on my facebook feed.  These fuckers that keep posting "TRUMP2020LANDSLIDE" better be wrong.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Biden
    I'm hoping to see a meltdown on my facebook feed.  These fuckers that keep posting "TRUMP2020LANDSLIDE" better be wrong.
    this morning i stared following all of trump's family and cronies in twitter. just to see the meltdown occur in real time tomorrow night. if he wins, i delete my twitter account. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Sen. Bernie Sanders Calls Out the Democratic Party's Neglect of the Working Class
    https://youtu.be/TmJnP3VXqSc

The problem is that the working class despises our positions on social issues.  So what do you do?  Do you advocate for your actual constituency, or change your social stances?
    This is misleading man.  I’m working class as are millions of other people that support the social issues of the democrat party.  Not everyone that isn’t a CPA or PMP votes for Trump and the Repubs.  The reason Trump got elected is because he promised t working class something.  Granted he had no intention to deliver but he did at least make the effort to lie.  Abandoning working class as it were because they don’t share your social positions is not smart politics.  Honestly if you provide policies that help lower class and working class out In their lives it will be easier for people like me to talk to the people you are thinking of about the social issues.  A rising tide floats all boats.  If you provide the policies And not just hollow promises for the “working class“ whatever that actually means, They will come and the Democrats. Will have that old faithful reliable voting block in the pocket again.   When unions were strong and wages were high and property was affordable the working class vote was a given. 
    “A given?” How do you explain Reagan, then?
    Jimmy Carter being a weak president.  Also began deregulating industries Which angered many unions.
    And yet he fired unionized air traffic controllers, weakened unions and overwhelming won re-election with support of the "working class." Some "given."
    He did a handful
    of good things but was overall very conservative and weak for the working class.  As wonderful of a philanthropist as he is now does not negate that he was a weak president that was very conservative by democrat standards and would likely not have been supported had not a flux of conservatives fled the republicans after Nixon.  But sure let’s discount millions of working people cause a small drooling minority of them support trump.  
    Who's discounting "millions of working people?" You claimed that if the democratic ideals are embraced and promoted, "working class" would be a given. The "working class" is a large diverse group and the white, non-educated, the largest bloc, have increasingly left the dems because of the "other." They're not nor have they ever really been, a "given."
    I tried to find some statistics.  The best I could find was that NCWs make up approximately 40% of the “working class” this according to an article from CBS in 2019.  According to PEW election data 60% of NCW “working class” support Trump.  So that makes up what 24% of NCW “working class” that support trump.   I would say yes working class policies would make working class votes a given.   Now if instead of actually saying “working class” and instead saying NCWs that support Trump I would agree that isn’t a given, but NCW Trump voters are actually a minority of the working class.
    How do you define "working class?" I work, am I working class? Is it by type of job, blue collar versus white collar, for example? Or is it by income range? If so, what's the range? And who makes up the other 60% of "working class?"
    mrussel1 said:

Sen. Bernie Sanders Calls Out the Democratic Party's Neglect of the Working Class

The problem is that the working class despises our positions on social issues.  So what do you do?  Do you advocate for your actual constituency, or change your social stances?

This all started in response to @mrussel1 a comment about the working class.  Let’s ask him what definition he was meaning?  I think usually it refers to people that aren’t in middle management and above and do actual labor.  What do you traditionally think of when you think of the working class @halifax2t@Halifax2TheMax ?
    is there a political scientist approved definition?
    I typically think blue collar within a defined income range. But I'm not sure what the low and high ends of that are. $35K to $60K? I'm just trying to understand why you would say if dems cared about "working class" issues, the "working class" would be a given to go dem. That has not been the case since at least Reagan.
    Ok so we agree that the problems are 60% of NCWs and not the entire working class.  It’s really a language thing. I mean conservative non college white conservatives is a voting block for sure. But their power and influence is waning as more and more integration are taking place within families, neighborhoods, and work places.  I’d venture to say that the really problematic NCWs are the ones that live in rural mostly white areas and have no or limited intercultural reactions. I still think that the working class of today is largely voting dem and largely progressive.  It is just that really loud 60% of NCWs.  Would policies that benefit working class Americans and by extension the 60% NCW that are the real problem here do more to sway those NCWs back to Dem, I still think so.  I’m not talking one election cycle I’m talking 10 ish years of actual progress along with very straightforward messaging in plain language about how regressive Republican policies got them there in the first place. All of this is out the window if Democracy dies tomorrow.  Then everybody is gonna get screwed.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,770
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This is misleading man.  I’m working class as are millions of other people that support the social issues of the democrat party.  Not everyone that isn’t a CPA or PMP votes for Trump and the Repubs.  The reason Trump got elected is because he promised t working class something.  Granted he had no intention to deliver but he did at least make the effort to lie.  Abandoning working class as it were because they don’t share your social positions is not smart politics.  Honestly if you provide policies that help lower class and working class out In their lives it will be easier for people like me to talk to the people you are thinking of about the social issues.  A rising tide floats all boats.  If you provide the policies And not just hollow promises for the “working class“ whatever that actually means, They will come and the Democrats. Will have that old faithful reliable voting block in the pocket again.   When unions were strong and wages were high and property was affordable the working class vote was a given. 
    Jimmy Carter being a weak president.  Also began deregulating industries Which angered many unions.
    And yet he fired unionized air traffic controllers, weakened unions and overwhelming won re-election with support of the "working class." Some "given."
    He did a handful
    of good things but was overall very conservative and weak for the working class.  As wonderful of a philanthropist as he is now does not negate that he was a weak president that was very conservative by democrat standards and would likely not have been supported had not a flux of conservatives fled the republicans after Nixon.  But sure let’s discount millions of working people cause a small drooling minority of them support trump.  
    Who's discounting "millions of working people?" You claimed that if the democratic ideals are embraced and promoted, "working class" would be a given. The "working class" is a large diverse group and the white, non-educated, the largest bloc, have increasingly left the dems because of the "other." They're not nor have they ever really been, a "given."
    I tried to find some statistics.  The best I could find was that NCWs make up approximately 40% of the “working class” this according to an article from CBS in 2019.  According to PEW election data 60% of NCW “working class” support Trump.  So that makes up what 24% of NCW “working class” that support trump.   I would say yes working class policies would make working class votes a given.   Now if instead of actually saying “working class” and instead saying NCWs that support Trump I would agree that isn’t a given, but NCW Trump voters are actually a minority of the working class.
    How do you define "working class?" I work, am I working class? Is it by type of job, blue collar versus white collar, for example? Or is it by income range? If so, what's the range? And who makes up the other 60% of "working class?"
    mrussel1 said:

This all started in response to @mrussel1 a comment about the working class.  Let’s ask him what definition he was meaning?  I think usually it refers to people that aren’t in middle management and above and do actual labor.  What do you traditionally think of when you think of the working class @halifax2t@Halifax2TheMax ?
    I typically think blue collar within a defined income range. But I'm not sure what the low and high ends of that are. $35K to $60K? I'm just trying to understand why you would say if dems cared about "working class" issues, the "working class" would be a given to go dem. That has not been the case since at least Reagan.
    Ok so we agree that the problems are 60% of NCWs and not the entire working class.  It’s really a language thing. I mean conservative non college white conservatives is a voting block for sure. But their power and influence is waning as more and more integration are taking place within families, neighborhoods, and work places.  I’d venture to say that the really problematic NCWs are the ones that live in rural mostly white areas and have no or limited intercultural reactions. I still think that the working class of today is largely voting dem and largely progressive.  It is just that really loud 60% of NCWs.  Would policies that benefit working class Americans and by extension the 60% NCW that are the real problem here do more to sway those NCWs back to Dem, I still think so.  I’m not talking one election cycle I’m talking 10 ish years of actual progress along with very straightforward messaging in plain language about how regressive Republican policies got them there in the first place. All of this is out the window if Democracy dies tomorrow.  Then everybody is gonna get screwed.
    Agree on your ending part about 10 years and democracy dying tomorrow.  I absolutely support progressive tax policies and tax credits that favor the middle and lower class, balancing the country out.  I also favor free community college and state for "in demand" type professions, for those that qualify financially.  In particular I want that to happen for retraining of people mid career so that there isn't the (understandable) fear of change with our global and digital economy. We're not going to stop it, so let's adjust to it. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

He did a handful
    mrussel1 said:

Agree on your ending part about 10 years and democracy dying tomorrow.  I absolutely support progressive tax policies and tax credits that favor the middle and lower class, balancing the country out.  I also favor free community college and state for "in demand" type professions, for those that qualify financially.  In particular I want that to happen for retraining of people mid career so that there isn't the (understandable) fear of change with our global and digital economy. We're not going to stop it, so let's adjust to it. 
    Those are some fine ideas that I think would get broad support amongst voters.  Fuck I hope trump doesn’t pull a coup tomorrow
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    What does NCW mean?
  • Options
    Biden
    hedonist said:
    What does NCW mean?
    Non college educated whites

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    Biden
    Those 127,000 ballots in Texas will be counted now.  Fuck you Trump
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    Hell yes!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,420
    MayDay10 said:
    Great news..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,838
    Biden
    mfc2006 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Hell yes!!!

How ridiculous that anyone thinks it would be a good thing not to...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    Wow!!!! If Biden wins Texas then @mrussel1 will be buying the first five rounds at the next us pj show.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    mcgruff10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Wow!!!! If Biden wins Texas then @mrussel1 will be buying the first five rounds at the next us pj show.
    See you in Baltimore with my credit line increased.  I'll gladly buy a round or two. 

Edit - or 5. I'll give you all some Colorado candy to make it a real party 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    See you in Baltimore with my credit line increased.  I'll gladly buy a round or two. 

My man!!! Nice work.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,921
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

What show should I plan on attending? Let's get fucking crazy!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,921
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    How fucked up that this is even something we have to consider a victory. It should have been a no Brainerd not even up for debate. Alas, here we are celebrating the "victory". That's how normalized his fuckery has become.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,444
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    How fucked up that this is even something we have to consider a victory. It should have been a no Brainerd not even up for debate. Alas, here we are celebrating the "victory". That's how normalized his fuckery has become.
    We're putting an end to it tomorrow. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    MayDay10 said:
    Isn't this more of a republican thing than a Trump thing...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,444
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    Well kind of, but its on steroids right now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    James Carville says Biden will be named POTUS by 10pm tomorrow night

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

What show should I plan on attending? Let's get fucking crazy!
    I'm locked in with tickets to Baltimore and the two Oaks.  Probably add a few more.  I'd like to get a beer with any of the regs here. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,420
    People have to stop with predictions it’s like no one learned from 16!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    MayDay10 said:
    Well kind of, but its on steroids right now. 
    Or he just says the quiet part loud.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Biden
    trafalgar group, who called trump in 16 right down to the correct amount of EC votes, is again predicting trump to win. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2020/10/31/the-outlier-pollster-who-called-2016-for-trump-says-hell-win-again.cnn
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    trafalgar group, who called trump in 16 right down to the correct amount of EC votes, is again predicting trump to win. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2020/10/31/the-outlier-pollster-who-called-2016-for-trump-says-hell-win-again.cnn
    What did they call in the 00, 04, 08, 12 elections?
  • Options
    Biden

This guy has been on every media outlet drumming up publicity.  Yes he called the win,  but his national polling was way off. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

This guy has been on every media outlet drumming up publicity.  Yes he called the win,  but his national polling was way off. 
    It is getting weird with that guy....he was pushing the same narrative about PA that Dems will try to steal it with mail in votes.  Makes no sense at all coming from a pollster.

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

It is getting weird with that guy....he was pushing the same narrative about PA that Dems will try to steal it with mail in votes.  Makes no sense at all coming from a pollster.
    The USC tracking poll also had a trump up in 16 but had him down by 10 in their final.  The difference is they admit they were wrong since Hillary won the popular.