Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    Biden
    did you all see how angry trump was afterward?

i am no lip reader but it looks like he called the moderator unprofessional. then he either pushed melania's hand away or she pulled it away. i can't really tell.
    I was interested to see what Melania did on stage at the end.  After the first debate, Jill Biden came on stage and hugged Joe and made the lack of intimacy between tRump and Melania pretty obvious.

The camera cut away for a second on the feed I was watching but I expected Melania to give tRump a hug and kiss last night....I don't think she did.  It looked like she just walked up there and turned to the audience and did her blank stare as usual.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Biden

i am no lip reader but it looks like he called the moderator unprofessional. then he either pushed melania's hand away or she pulled it away. i can't really tell.

Really? I didn't watch it (y'all faced it; life wasted) but on facebook I saw a bunch of Trumpies praising the moderator. I assumed that meant she favored Trump.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:

The oil thing?  Getting off oil by a goal of 2050 will turn the votes of Pennsylvania?  

I think that was the most "brave" moment. I don't want the US to have cheap gasoline or a thriving oil industry. Call me an america-hater if you want to.

Convince the voters of your (brave) ways, instead of sucking up like a politician. Raise the voters. Don't lower yourself.
    It was a dumb moment.  Why say that at this point?  Joe being Joe...which is never a good thing.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Biden

I was interested to see what Melania did on stage at the end.  After the first debate, Jill Biden came on stage and hugged Joe and made the lack of intimacy between tRump and Melania pretty obvious.

The camera cut away for a second on the feed I was watching but I expected Melania to give tRump a hug and kiss last night....I don't think she did.  It looked like she just walked up there and turned to the audience and did her blank stare as usual.
    he is a germophobe. earlier this week she canceled travel due to her still having an ongoing cough from covid. he probably did not want to be near her. but since he already "got cured" i am probably wrong.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    so

what is going to happen in the next 10 days that is going to swing this thing to the republicans? none of the october surprises have changed anything.

i am worried we are going to have a terrorist attack. that is the only thing that could save trump.
    Swinging in the Republicans' favor is after the votes come in they will cry it's rigged. 

More to the point - I'm curious to know what everyone here, everyone involved in the Biden/Trump threads, everyone that's been caught up in the hysteria of how bad this president is to the point of becoming unhinged themselves, are going to do if Trump loses? Do you just go back to burying your head in the sand, feeling like the headache is over, and go back to being blissfully ignorant? Because it's not a coincidence that Trump is president, we're at this point because of a myriad of reasons that are valid and legitimate. I just hope people stay engaged beyond this and know that voting for House seats, Senate seats, state legislature seats are just as - if not more - important. Because if old Joe becomes president, and then everyone lets off the gas pedal, then the R's are still gonna come out and vote and those Dem House & Senate elections will receive less votes. Then we're back to gridlock (I mean, if the Dems don't get a majority in all three branches there will be gridlock anyhow, but still...).
    you do not have to worry about people here "burying their heads in the sand" if biden wins. i have been posting here for 20 years and people here are always engaged and active. always. if anything, i actually first felt helpless after trump won and did not come around here because i felt too defeated to discuss politics. if biden wins everyone will be energized.

the country needs to heal after trump. the dems will help try to represent all americans instead of just the blue states. many people right now are voting for the first time, and they will continue to vote going forward.
    The problem is, human nature, especially in a society filled with smart phone, kardashians, and netflix.... to disengage in politics, especially when your 'side' is in power.  The opposition usually comes back in full force and we kid of get a yo-yo.  The yo-yo isnt entirely a bad thing, and one of the reasons this whole power grab by the Republicans is terrifying.  

I know me personally, I engage and vote in every election.  Actually registered Democrat a few years ago to give myself a chance to vote more (NY has closed primaries). 
    I became involved in some grassroots stuff in my town but backed out due to it being a snake pit.... I actually think I will end up running for town office at some point though.
    Most people here are engaged.  (Unfortunately), we are becoming the older population who votes.
    Spot on. Same here, coming from a similar viewpoint. Until there is rank choice voting or, at the least, closed primaries I'll never be a registered NP again. I'll stay a Democrat. Voting 3rd party is dumb, especially in a closed primary state (here in PA). You're not going to get voting reform without the support of one of the major parties, it's just not going to happen. Until then, all the rubes that want to wait for other people to pick their candidates in the general by sitting out the primary are missing the forest from the trees.

I hear you on the snake pit stuff, but such is the world of fiefdoms. All you can do is live in a weird world of supporting your ideals and not roll around in the muck.

But, yeah, "good" part of Trump being elected is I wouldn't have ran for committeeperson if he didn't win probably. Nor started a nonpartisan nonprofit based around engaging neighbors in their local government.

And, haha, you're right, by the time "we" figured this all out we're now the oldheads and some other dumb 20-somethings have to go through the same trial and error.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:

Really? I didn't watch it (y'all faced it; life wasted) but on facebook I saw a bunch of Trumpies praising the moderator. I assumed that meant she favored Trump.
    No, I think it was a reflection on a combination of the mics being cut and the fact that Trump didnt act like a zoo animal.  She just kind of let them talk.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:

No, I think it was a reflection on a combination of the mics being cut and the fact that Trump didnt act like a zoo animal.  She just kind of let them talk.
    Sadly, that probably makes him the winner in the eyes of some.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • I'm sitting this one out
    MayDay10 said:

The oil thing?  Getting off oil by a goal of 2050 will turn the votes of Pennsylvania?  

I think that was the most "brave" moment. I don't want the US to have cheap gasoline or a thriving oil industry. Call me an america-hater if you want to.

Convince the voters of your (brave) ways, instead of sucking up like a politician. Raise the voters. Don't lower yourself.
    It was a dumb moment.  Why say that at this point?  Joe being Joe...which is never a good thing.
    You want your politicians to lie?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:

I want Biden to sidestep this type of question less than 2 weeks from the election.  Refer to your website and plans.  But don't give the guy losing a sound bite.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    MayDay10 said:

To me, that’s a pie-in-the-sky way of thinking; it’s a given they do. 
  • Biden
    hedonist said:
    MayDay10 said:

To me, that’s a pie-in-the-sky way of thinking; it’s a given they do. 

Agree.  Never have seen or heard about a politician that didn't lie.

Now, Donny has taken things into the stratosphere.  He pretty much does not tell any truths.  :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Dancing Bear Routine. He's been normalized. It's pathetic.
  • Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Not dancing, but yeah.

I am actually guilty of what you are writing about -- paying less attention to local politics.  I will no longer do that.  Everyone who supports Trump, or anything from the crowd of dunces which produced Trump as a reality, gets voted against.  No quibbles, no bait taken, etc.

One of the most difficult part of local politics, to me, is finding info about the candidates.
    In CA they made this readily available -- here in NJ, it takes a lot of digging to find info and in some cases even then I cannot locate.
    Tips?  (outside of going to meetings -- in a normal year I travel 40+ times for work.)

Biden

LOL...I bet it drives him nuts that she is taller than he is (in heels, yes)

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Not dancing, but yeah.

I am actually guilty of what you are writing about -- paying less attention to local politics.  I will no longer do that.  Everyone who supports Trump, or anything from the crowd of dunces which produced Trump as a reality, gets voted against.  No quibbles, no bait taken, etc.

One of the most difficult part of local politics, to me, is finding info about the candidates.
    In CA they made this readily available -- here in NJ, it takes a lot of digging to find info and in some cases even then I cannot locate.
    Tips?  (outside of going to meetings -- in a normal year I travel 40+ times for work.)

Absolutely. At the same time I don't expect everyone to dive headfirst into everything, like I've unfortunately have decided to do - people have lives, and they don't want it to be politics. Which I get, but public office and the public servants in it at the end of the day are not politics - they are there by us, and to represent us.

ballotready.org and votesmart.org are great resources.

Committee of Seventy - seventy.org, mostly do work in Philly but I believe they monitor South Jersey as well. Supporting good local news is worth it, too. Then if you google something like "nonpartisan progressive" blah blah, etc. You get it.

I know collingswoodprogressivedems.com is one, but not sure if that's where you're at.

You can also always start with going to the candidates' websites. You can also find out who's running for what by checking out your local county's board of election website (if they have one).

What I've learned more than anything based in our group, and organizing, over the last 4 years is how easy it is to connect and communicate with local candidates. For some reason I always thought, "oh, no way can I get congressional candidates in my house, in a bar, etc etc." But nope - they LOVE that shit. First and foremost, I'm about curating a sort of personal endorsement questionnaire and reaching out to all candidates (regardless of party) to fill out. You'll find out A LOT by how they treat both communication with you and by the answers they give.

Biden
    Oh, also, usually all towns have a committeperson type rep for your little division within your town. Or some equivalent - they are basically the lowest rung on the political ladder that represent you in your division, but it's party based. You could find out who this person is, too, and contact them. Sometime, though, these people don't understand the purpose of their role but you can figure that out by communicating with them.
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    edited October 2020

How much more proof do you need? 

Go ahead vote for a president candidate 
    Who is going to bow down to China 
    Because, if Biden does win! China will have Biden by the balls 

Why is Facebook, Twitter, nbc, abc, MSNBC , and cnn not even mentioning this in the news? The truth will come out and it won’t be good for crooked Joe 

The fbi has already stated Russia has nothing to with the emails etc
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on

• How much more proof do you need? 

Why is Facebook, Twitter, nbc, abc, MSNBC , and cnn not even mentioning this in the news? The truth will come out and it won’t be good for crooked Joe 

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Burp! Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Fart! Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

This should really be merged with the Indictments incoming thread.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Real mature 

the truth will all come out 

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Really? Like all the true stuff that comes from the current government? Well then, let it come... :)
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    edited October 2020
    The truth did, in the first article by NYP when they describe the chain of custody of the hard drive and we already knew Biden’s son was a druggy fuckup. 
    Convenient to overlook all of the nepotism from Trump’s camp and the level in which it undermines national security.

I’d be more concerned about an actual candidates multitude of ties to a known child trafficking network but that’s just me.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
    edited October 2020
    So all the emails and proof that Biden is a corrupt politician is just hoax?

no the democrats are the one who spend 40 plus million us tax dollars trying to impeach Trump 

they found nada
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,617
    Biden

How much more proof do you need? 

The irony in this post would be funny if it weren't so wrong.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Biden
    Awesome, thanks!
    DewieCox said:
    The truth did, in the first article by NYP when they describe the chain of custody of the hard drive and we already knew Biden’s son was a druggy fuckup. 

I’d be more concerned about an actual candidates multitude of ties to a known child trafficking network but that’s just me.

there is no toe to trump of child trafficking 

Hunter was a pawn for joe. To fill the pockets of the Biden family 

Biden

no the democrats are the one who spend 40 plus million us tax dollars trying to impeach Trump 

they found nada

DewieCox said:

there is no toe to trump of child trafficking 

Hunter was a pawn for joe. To fill the pockets of the Biden family 

Let's just put these on repeat everywhere.  Yippie!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Biden
    Adios King troll.  I have better things to do.

Biden

they found nada
    Trying to impeach?  He was impeached...pay attention.

Biden

they found nada
    Trying to impeach?  He was impeached...pay attention.

:lol:

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden

they found nada
    You do know a Fox News reporter has even recently debunked all of these conspiracies against joe right?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden