Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This is solid:

President Trump launched into a lengthy monologue on the subject of water pressure on Sunday, insisting that Americans "have to flush their toilet 15 times" because of environmental water restrictions.

The president was speaking at a campaign rally in Nevada on Sunday as he tries to regain momentum in the polls from Joe Biden, his Democratic presidential challenger.

During the speech, Trump turned his attention to the subject of bathroom water pressure.

"I hate to say the three things. It's the shower, it's the sink, and you know the third element in the bathroom. But I don't say it, because every time I say it, they only talk about that one," he said, pointing towards a group of reporters.

"Because it's sort of gross to talk about, right? So I won't talk about the fact that people have to flush their toilet 15 times. I will not talk about it. I'll only talk about showers. But there is three things ... This way they can't report it."

"So what happens, I called my people, environmental people: 'Why are we doing this?' Because when you wash your hands it takes five times longer ... you get soapy, you can't get it off. I said, 'Open it up.' They said 'What do you mean?' I said, 'Take the restrictors off.'"

He added: "You ever get under a shower and no water comes out? And me, I want that hair to be so beautiful."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-says-people-have-to-flush-their-toilet-15-times-2020-10?fbclid=IwAR3qTcBTQ71LOKx2W6oM68sKZhNFBMTSv0EnIDdpg8rGyCV3Kkcjc62UUR4

Is this the dumbest thing he talks about? I know there are endless amounts of idiocy that comes out of his mouth. But this stuff is mind boggling to me. Where did he get this from? Who is he trying to appeal to?

I kind of think he just misunderstood something once and none of his advisors ever bothered to correct him, so he just continues to bring it up. Or his advisors are just fucking with him and silently enjoy watching him make a fool of himself. 

Nothing makes sense. 
    just when i think he can't get any dumber I read another article!  BAM!  He just got even dumber.  What will tomorrow's news bring?
    So the POTUS doesn't know how to remove a restrictor valve from a showerhead?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,823
    Biden
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This is solid:

President Trump launched into a lengthy monologue on the subject of water pressure on Sunday, insisting that Americans "have to flush their toilet 15 times" because of environmental water restrictions.

The president was speaking at a campaign rally in Nevada on Sunday as he tries to regain momentum in the polls from Joe Biden, his Democratic presidential challenger.

During the speech, Trump turned his attention to the subject of bathroom water pressure.

"I hate to say the three things. It's the shower, it's the sink, and you know the third element in the bathroom. But I don't say it, because every time I say it, they only talk about that one," he said, pointing towards a group of reporters.

"Because it's sort of gross to talk about, right? So I won't talk about the fact that people have to flush their toilet 15 times. I will not talk about it. I'll only talk about showers. But there is three things ... This way they can't report it."

"So what happens, I called my people, environmental people: 'Why are we doing this?' Because when you wash your hands it takes five times longer ... you get soapy, you can't get it off. I said, 'Open it up.' They said 'What do you mean?' I said, 'Take the restrictors off.'"

He added: "You ever get under a shower and no water comes out? And me, I want that hair to be so beautiful."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-says-people-have-to-flush-their-toilet-15-times-2020-10?fbclid=IwAR3qTcBTQ71LOKx2W6oM68sKZhNFBMTSv0EnIDdpg8rGyCV3Kkcjc62UUR4

Is this the dumbest thing he talks about? I know there are endless amounts of idiocy that comes out of his mouth. But this stuff is mind boggling to me. Where did he get this from? Who is he trying to appeal to?

I kind of think he just misunderstood something once and none of his advisors ever bothered to correct him, so he just continues to bring it up. Or his advisors are just fucking with him and silently enjoy watching him make a fool of himself. 

Nothing makes sense. 
    just when i think he can't get any dumber I read another article!  BAM!  He just got even dumber.  What will tomorrow's news bring?

I mean, he's never mowed a lawn, washed a dish or driven a car.  So I'm not to stunned by this.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This is solid:

Nothing makes sense. 
    I suspect he doesn't know how to flush a toilet either.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This is solid:

Nothing makes sense. 
    I bet a lot of people don't. Most people who don't own probably don't. And its not always the shower head, sometimes the pressure to the house is very low.
    Not that I think it was presidential rally worthy, but I agreed with some of those water pressure comments. I've lived in low pressure houses where you had to flush 2 or 3 times, and the shower was still just a trickle even after removing the restrictor. I was able to adjust the pressure in the house myself, but when we moved a year ago I was made to set it back because it wasn't to code.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This is solid:

Nothing makes sense. 
    I bet a lot of people don't. Most people who don't own probably don't. And its not always the shower head, sometimes the pressure to the house is very low.
    Not that I think it was presidential rally worthy, but I agreed with some of those water pressure comments. I've lived in low pressure houses where you had to flush 2 or 3 times, and the shower was still just a trickle even after removing the restrictor. I was able to adjust the pressure in the house myself, but when we moved a year ago I was made to set it back because it wasn't to code.
    it must just make people in Flint Michigan want to scream at the ceiling watching their president talk endlessly about low flow shower heads and having to flush his McTurd 3 times when they don't even have clean drinking water, but you know, that's the state's problem. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    Interview with Obama:

https://youtu.be/ok5-lN3Klyo
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    Biden
    why did she cancel? did not click the link yet.

is she still sick from covid?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Biden
    ok it was a short article. lingering cough. funny, this would not stop trump or pence, or any of those insisting on in person rallies.

i wonder if she is sick, or if she is trying to not go and spread it. my bet is sick because, you know, she is a trump and cares nothing of other people.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    What does "packing the court" mean?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
    Biden

I am so sick of these motherfuckers
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Biden
    Adding seats to the SC.  In this case Biden would add three seats so that there would be 12 justices.  The reason being that the court is lopsided with 6 conservatives and 3 liberals.  It makes total sense.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,712
    Biden
    dankind said:

:rofl:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Biden
    Adding seats to the SC.  In this case Biden would add three seats so that there would be 12 justices.  The reason being that the court is lopsided with 6 conservatives and 3 liberals.  It makes total sense.
    the court in no way reflects the electorate or the prevailing opinions of the majority of americans.

it is kind of stupid that replacing justices all depends on when they die and what political party holds the white house and the senate.

biden needs to add 4 justices to make it 13. make these republicans pay and pay dearly for the last 16 years.

• Options
    Biden
    dankind said:

this is amazing lol

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    edited October 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    the court in no way reflects the electorate or the prevailing opinions of the majority of americans.

it is kind of stupid that replacing justices all depends on when they die and what political party holds the white house and the senate.

biden needs to add 4 justices to make it 13. make these republicans pay and pay dearly for the last 16 years.
    This sounds, to an outsider who hasn't thought about judges in his entire life, like changing the rules to monopoly mid-game.

Would you say the same, if there was 6 liberal judges on the court?
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,778
    edited October 2020
    Biden

This sounds, to an outsider who hasn't thought about judges in his entire life, like changing the rules to monopoly mid-game.

I'd say, yes, there needs to be a better process. But the idea of court packing is no different than A) what McConnell and the R's did with Obama's pick of Merrick Garland in 2016 B ) purposely putting justices on the bench to overturn prior SC rulings (precedent).
  • Options
    Biden

Conservatives could certainly make that argument.

It is newsworthy now because of the GOP stealing Garland's seat.  At the same time that Garland was nominated it is likely that Ginsburg was considering stepping down but did not due to the GOP reaction to the open seat. 

PLUS...McConnell in the Senate blocked numerous other federal judges from being placed under Obama.

It's tit for tat right now.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    Biden

Agree but I don't see the Dems doing that. They are not cut throat enough.  They will just sit back and take it.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,778
    Biden
    And that's part of the problem. If rank choice voting and/or open primaries were a thing I wouldn't be a registered Democrat. The party on the national level is feckless. 

Tit for tat is the least they should be doing right now - if they get all three branches they need to step on some fucking throats. But of course they won't.
  • Options

• Options
    Biden

I totally agree.  It's a poorly laid out system. 

And yes, I hope Biden does just that.  It's time to stick it to this damn Republican party that has trashed America.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
  • Options

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Biden

Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if Texas seceded from the United States (as long as we could annex Austin).

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    Eric Trump posted a fake photo showing Ice Cube and fellow rapper 50 Cent wearing ampldquoTrump 2020amprdquo hats on Tuesday Photo TwitterCraig Silverman: The other day it was a false claim about Biden owning a home he sold many years ago. Today, Eric Trump shares an obviously photoshopped pic of two rappers in Trump hats. Things will continue to get dumber.

Ice Cube's response to Eric Trump:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    brianlux said:

Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if Texas seceded from the United States (as long as we could annex Austin).
    I still need to get my Texas early voting done, but I am currently out of town.  Get back Friday and voting will be the first thing I do. Let’s turn it blue.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Biden

The Great Divider is just so Presidential when he says things like this:

Donald Trump revved up a rally crowd in battleground Arizona by declaring CNN hosts "dumb bastards" for the amount of coronavirus coverage on the cable network.

He opened his first of two Monday campaign events in the state by declaring, as he reportedly did on a call with campaign staff earlier, the American people are "over" the virus – even as it spreads anew in most states.

“They're getting tired of the pandemic, aren't we? You turn on CNN. That's all they cover,” he said to boos. “Covid, covid, pandemic. Covid, covid, covid. They're trying to talk people out of voting.”

“People aren't buying it, CNN, you dumb bastards,” as the president again downplayed the virus – and got a loud cheer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dumb-b-trump-lays-cnn-200124570.html

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......