Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    edited September 2020
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Not familiar with this news source, but seems to be confirmed by FBI and the WH press.
    9 mail in ballots for Trump were in the trash. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/09/24/mcenany-pennsylvania-ballots-for-trump-were-found-in-the-trash-n2576851
    Media Bias website rates Townhall.com as a “ questionable” news source.

“A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence. Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source.”

*** Local news and Newsweek have both posted story now.
    The site screamed biased, but still contained a video of the WH confirming and claims that the FBI has also confirmed. So I'm guessing its true.

Do you normally get news from people like Katie Pavlich and websites like Townhall though? How many times has Trumped praised her? She is not a journalist. And, I mean, it says this at the bottom of the article: 

lol

Regardless, it's a blatantly politically motivated thing designed to help Trump to state who the ballots were cast for. Ironically, Luzerne County happens to be in the middle of the state which is as red as Alabama. Don't get me wrong though, it should be investigated. But we're talking about 9 ballots here.

I think, this time around, these stories of Trump trying to steal the election in the courts are going to motivate dems in to come out in droves, especially in my area of Pennyslvania (suburban Philly) which came through in 2018.

No I don’t, that’s why I never heard of that site like I said. My brother texted me and asked if I’d heard about the ballots, and when and did a Google search to check for myself it was only right wing sites like that that popped up with info at the time with the story in the search results. So I shared it, you can decide for yourself if you believe the comments from the FBI and WH or not.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Not familiar with this news source, but seems to be confirmed by FBI and the WH press.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/09/24/mcenany-pennsylvania-ballots-for-trump-were-found-in-the-trash-n2576851
    Pennsylvania is now off the table for Biden.  This story alone is enough for Barr and Trump's court to overturn PA.  Just do that with a few more states and it's over.  Donald Trump is getting his second term.  It's over.

If FL and NC go to trump, PA becomes a must win state. 

Watching the news go crazy today over the peaceful  transition of power comment, this really is starting to look like 2016.

Independents were not swayed by this topic last time. Where is the Biden message? Where is the constant talk about healthcare? Instead it’s about trump leaving peacefully if he loses. That does not get Biden any independents to vote for him .  It’s like trump is punking  the Dems and they don’t even know it.
    Trump drives the news cycle with his crazy comments.  If you're the programming director at CNN or MSNBC, which do you think draws more views?  Trump being an idiot or Biden talking about healthcare?  FTR, I don't think Trump talking about not transferring power helps him with independents.  Trump's disapproval rating for the past three plus years is completely because of his lack of discipline.  So I would disagree with your take on this.  

Dems tried this in 2016 and independents just did not care. They don’t care about trump being unqualified or being a bad person. Late breaking undecideds went overwhelmingly to trump then.

If I were a news director at those stations, my programming decisions over the next month would be different than those I made during the prior 45 months and the next 46 months after 11/3. From Labor Day to Election Day every four years, my responsibilities are different. And that’s to the issues that will help or hurt people get center stage now. Don’t ignore trump antics, but don’t make it center stage. We have a major election. Lets pretend issues matter for just two months every 4 years

Trumps approval rating has been near 42% since 2015. It hasn’t moved. Tell the non progressives in the other 58% how you will make their lives better - that is not happening now nor was it in 2016.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:

Pennsylvania is now off the table for Biden.  This story alone is enough for Barr and Trump's court to overturn PA.  Just do that with a few more states and it's over.  Donald Trump is getting his second term.  It's over.

If FL and NC go to trump, PA becomes a must win state. 

Watching the news go crazy today over the peaceful  transition of power comment, this really is starting to look like 2016.

Independents were not swayed by this topic last time. Where is the Biden message? Where is the constant talk about healthcare? Instead it’s about trump leaving peacefully if he loses. That does not get Biden any independents to vote for him .  It’s like trump is punking  the Dems and they don’t even know it.
    Trump drives the news cycle with his crazy comments.  If you're the programming director at CNN or MSNBC, which do you think draws more views?  Trump being an idiot or Biden talking about healthcare?  FTR, I don't think Trump talking about not transferring power helps him with independents.  Trump's disapproval rating for the past three plus years is completely because of his lack of discipline.  So I would disagree with your take on this.  

Dems tried this in 2016 and independents just did not care. They don’t care about trump being unqualified or being a bad person. Late breaking undecideds went overwhelmingly to trump then.

If I were a news director at those stations, my programming decisions over the next month would be different than those I made during the prior 45 months and the next 46 months after 11/3. From Labor Day to Election Day every four years, my responsibilities are different. And that’s to the issues that will help or hurt people get center stage now. Don’t ignore trump antics, but don’t make it center stage. We have a major election. Lets pretend issues matter for just two months every 4 years

Trumps approval rating has been near 42% since 2015. It hasn’t moved. Tell the non progressives in the other 58% how you will make their lives better - that is not happening now nor was it in 2016.
    1. Late breaking undecided typically go with teh challenger, and that number is consistent with teh approve/disapprove number.  Hillary was certainly more of the incumbent in 16.  So advantage Biden here, historically.

2. News directors are not the DNC or the Democrats.  You blamed Biden for not talking about healthcare, when he has a major 60 second commercial everywhere (even in blue VA) that focuses on healthcare.  

The debates are important.  I say that even though I think they are silly, but that's for me personally. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:

Not sure about that but it definitely gives Trump a legitimate reason to rail against mail-in voting, which he already has been doing before he had a good reason. 

I had applied to do mail-in just because I was sick of getting mail asking me to do it. But I’m gonna go to the polls now. I can still do that right? Even though I applied to do mail-in, if I don’t mail it in, I can show up in person and still vote right? 

search here for your state

Thanks. I should contact the election official whose contact info is on that site. 
    Well I called and actually got some useful information. If you have applied to do mail-in, but now don't want to do mail-in, you have two options (in Pennsylvania). 

1. Email an election official (I was given an email address) with your name, phone number, DOB, and reason why you now want to vote in person. You'll receive a call saying that you're now okay to vote in person

2. Show up a the polls WITH YOUR MAIL-IN BALLOT, ask for the judge of elections, surrender your mail-in ballot, and sign some sort of affidavit. If you don't show up with you mail-in ballot, you won't be able to vote at the polls. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:

Not sure about that but it definitely gives Trump a legitimate reason to rail against mail-in voting, which he already has been doing before he had a good reason. 

I had applied to do mail-in just because I was sick of getting mail asking me to do it. But I’m gonna go to the polls now. I can still do that right? Even though I applied to do mail-in, if I don’t mail it in, I can show up in person and still vote right? 

search here for your state

Thanks. I should contact the election official whose contact info is on that site. 
    Well I called and actually got some useful information. If you have applied to do mail-in, but now don't want to do mail-in, you have two options (in Pennsylvania). 

1. Email an election official (I was given an email address) with your name, phone number, DOB, and reason why you now want to vote in person. You'll receive a call saying that you're now okay to vote in person

2. Show up a the polls WITH YOUR MAIL-IN BALLOT, ask for the judge of elections, surrender your mail-in ballot, and sign some sort of affidavit. If you don't show up with you mail-in ballot, you won't be able to vote at the polls. 

thats cuz every issued ballot needs accounted for, used or not.

a principle of that website was on Michael Steele podcast last week.  look for it. its interesting how it all came about and is also informative generally.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

“A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence. Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source.”

The site screamed biased, but still contained a video of the WH confirming and claims that the FBI has also confirmed. So I'm guessing its true.

Do you normally get news from people like Katie Pavlich and websites like Townhall though? How many times has Trumped praised her? She is not a journalist. And, I mean, it says this at the bottom of the article: 

lol

Regardless, it's a blatantly politically motivated thing designed to help Trump to state who the ballots were cast for. Ironically, Luzerne County happens to be in the middle of the state which is as red as Alabama. Don't get me wrong though, it should be investigated. But we're talking about 9 ballots here.

I think, this time around, these stories of Trump trying to steal the election in the courts are going to motivate dems in to come out in droves, especially in my area of Pennyslvania (suburban Philly) which came through in 2018.

No I don’t, that’s why I never heard of that site like I said. My brother texted me and asked if I’d heard about the ballots, and when and did a Google search to check for myself it was only right wing sites like that that popped up with info at the time with the story in the search results. So I shared it, you can decide for yourself if you believe the comments from the FBI and WH or not.
    I believe there is an investigation, sure. I googled it too but I found a much more reliable source than Townhall, which just parrots talking points from the White House. I mean do you consider Kayliegh McKenney a reliable source? I sure as hell don't.

There are reports today that Trump was talking about this on some radio show prior to this story becoming public. Personally, I think that the fact that the president is having his DOJ do this and announce who the ballots were for is much more of an issue than 9 ballots being tampered with in a deep red county of PA. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

lol

I believe there is an investigation, sure. I googled it too but I found a much more reliable source than Townhall, which just parrots talking points from the White House. I mean do you consider Kayliegh McKenney a reliable source? I sure as hell don't.

There are reports today that Trump was talking about this on some radio show prior to this story becoming public. Personally, I think that the fact that the president is having his DOJ do this and announce who the ballots were for is much more of an issue than 9 ballots being tampered with in a deep red county of PA. 
    I had about 5 minutes to look at the time, maybe if I searched through pages I could have found more acceptable resources. But even today, doing a google search of "9 trump ballots in trash" on Google (my browser actually defaults to Bing, not Google), the entire first page of results are from sites I'm unfamiliar with but can easily tell they are not unbiased, with names like "coalregioncanary" "americanmilitarynews" and so on. If I add CNN to the search it comes up empty, although I'm sure they have mentioned it, it just isn't a big story they are pushing, and so they aren't among the top search results.  I bet if it was 9 Biden ballots they would though.
    Not sure why the source on a story like this is an issue. I posted a link, said I questioned the source but story seems real, and said decide for yourself. If the story is true, why does the source still matter at this point? I do believe right sources are happy to push the idea mail voting can't be trusted, but that's irrelevant when just sharing information. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

lol

I'm hearing mixed reports about 1) when PA releases its absentee ballots and 2)  that these ballots may have been from the Primary. 

Of course, my initial thought was "yeah, that doesn't seem staged at all."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Biden

Hilarious...ballots were thrown out because the GOP won a lawsuit to have them thrown out
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Hilarious...ballots were thrown out because the GOP won a lawsuit to have them thrown out
    That’ll be totally lost on some people.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Biden

That’ll be totally lost on some people.
    Including tRump
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Way to be Bloomy! Will this be the first 5 or 6 Billion dollar campaign? Disgusting. "Corporations are people." Super PACS. All disgusting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2020/09/25/trump-biden-supreme-court-live-updates/#link-JJGOMG2CKZBH3IA5U4OPZ53L3U

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    Way to be Bloomy! Will this be the first 5 or 6 Billion dollar campaign? Disgusting. "Corporations are people." Super PACS. All disgusting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2020/09/25/trump-biden-supreme-court-live-updates/#link-JJGOMG2CKZBH3IA5U4OPZ53L3U
    He also crowds out Trump's campaign with that buy.. raising the prices and cutting the slots. 
  • Options
    Biden
    One would think this is a proxy for the presidential race.  And probably not one with "shy" voters.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/518257-poll-57-percent-of-americans-think-next-president-senate-should-fill-ginsburg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Biden
    For fuck's sake (or is it fucks sake?  Please let me know- I want this post to look professional), PLEASE don't blow it, Joe!

Joe Biden is repeating the same mistakes that cost Hillary Clinton the election

Biden is trying to woo unhappy Republicans, when he should be mobilizing hundreds of thousands of Democrats

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    For fuck's sake (or is it fucks sake?  Please let me know- I want this post to look professional), PLEASE don't blow it, Joe!

Biden is trying to woo unhappy Republicans, when he should be mobilizing hundreds of thousands of Democrats

I'm trying to understand why the author believes that he isn't or can't do both.  Why is it a binary choice between appealing to white working class and black working class?  And looking at the vote total in 16 compared to 12 is disingenuous considering Obama is not on the ticket.  The 16 levels dipped back to the 2004 levels, if I'm not mistaken.  Biden put Harris on the ticket precisely to try and increase the levels back closer to 12.  He won't get there, but he improving the number is definitely the goal. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I'm trying to understand why the author believes that he isn't or can't do both.  Why is it a binary choice between appealing to white working class and black working class?  And looking at the vote total in 16 compared to 12 is disingenuous considering Obama is not on the ticket.  The 16 levels dipped back to the 2004 levels, if I'm not mistaken.  Biden put Harris on the ticket precisely to try and increase the levels back closer to 12.  He won't get there, but he improving the number is definitely the goal. 

True, M, doing both makes sense.  I think this article concerns me because it is one of a couple I have seen recently that bring up the same concern.  And why I am concerned, of course, is related to my intense worry that Trump could be re-elected.  I want everything legal that could possibly be done to see to it that Biden wins. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

True, M, doing both makes sense.  I think this article concerns me because it is one of a couple I have seen recently that bring up the same concern.  And why I am concerned, of course, is related to my intense worry that Trump could be re-elected.  I want everything legal that could possibly be done to see to it that Biden wins. 
    I hear you, but don't stress yourself out.  People on both sides write these type of articles to get published.  Being critical is how they make their money.  I'm not saying that he isn't being true to his feelings, but people write articles to get clicks too.  
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I hear you, but don't stress yourself out.  People on both sides write these type of articles to get published.  Being critical is how they make their money.  I'm not saying that he isn't being true to his feelings, but people write articles to get clicks too.  

Good point and thanks for the reminder!  A for not stressing out- I'll let you know how that's going in about 5 1/2 weeks!

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    Biden
    trump is not moving the needle at all. nothing is sticking to biden. his only hope is to make people think their vote does not matter. 

i still think trump is going to win by cheating. but he is not moving the needle in the states he has to win.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Biden
    trump is not moving the needle at all. nothing is sticking to biden. his only hope is to make people think their vote does not matter. 

i still think trump is going to win by cheating. but he is not moving the needle in the states he has to win.
    That’s right.  His schtick is played out.  The number have been remarkably stable.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    Biden
    more is always revealed....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    mickeyrat said:

Probe into ‘discarded’ ballots becomes campaign outrage fuel”

This is an interesting topic. Just watched Bill Maher and he was all about what will the Dems do. They don’t have any power to fight back. And nobody brings up what I have researched, that Pelosi does have extraordinary powers if trump tries to bully his way to steal a contested election 

Trumpublicans are feeling their oats with a 6-3 Court and control of most swing state legislatures, which they believe, GUARANTEES them victory because they can play mail in ballot games in all the close states. All challenges go to the Court, which locks it in for them. And if not, the constitution says state legislatures name the electors sent to Congress.   Depressing.

But.

Ive been reading a lot about this and I think many know the House, as per the constitution, picks the president. Usually it’s a rubber stamp of the actual vote. But in contested elections, the House is directed by the constitution to vote for president, but its one state one vote, and republicans hold 26 states, so they win again if trump does his manipulations.

BUT.

The constitution ALSO says the House decides WHO votes. It would be a ballsy move by Pelosi, but the majority has the power who to seat and can refuse to seat any representative-elect in a close election, and can even delay seating a gerrymandered district. This would be a perfect way to fight trumps effort to get this settled in Court. It’s in Article I, Section 5. NOBODY is talking about this.

This would be on a level of McConnell rule manipulation, but what choice do Dems have? Are the Dems are willing to fight for the presidency? We know what the gop would do.

they stole Gore’s election. They bullied RBG into not retiring with constant Obama filibustering. They stole Merrill Garlands seat.

When will Dems fight for power like McConnell does?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Probe into ‘discarded’ ballots becomes campaign outrage fuel”

This is an interesting topic. Just watched Bill Maher and he was all about what will the Dems do. They don’t have any power to fight back. And nobody brings up what I have researched, that Pelosi does have extraordinary powers if trump tries to bully his way to steal a contested election 

Trumpublicans are feeling their oats with a 6-3 Court and control of most swing state legislatures, which they believe, GUARANTEES them victory because they can play mail in ballot games in all the close states. All challenges go to the Court, which locks it in for them. And if not, the constitution says state legislatures name the electors sent to Congress.   Depressing.

But.

Ive been reading a lot about this and I think many know the House, as per the constitution, picks the president. Usually it’s a rubber stamp of the actual vote. But in contested elections, the House is directed by the constitution to vote for president, but its one state one vote, and republicans hold 26 states, so they win again if trump does his manipulations.

BUT.

The constitution ALSO says the House decides WHO votes. It would be a ballsy move by Pelosi, but the majority has the power who to seat and can refuse to seat any representative-elect in a close election, and can even delay seating a gerrymandered district. This would be a perfect way to fight trumps effort to get this settled in Court. It’s in Article I, Section 5. NOBODY is talking about this.

This would be on a level of McConnell rule manipulation, but what choice do Dems have? Are the Dems are willing to fight for the presidency? We know what the gop would do.

they stole Gore’s election. They bullied RBG into not retiring with constant Obama filibustering. They stole Merrill Garlands seat.

When will Dems fight for power like McConnell does?

We’re not there yet. Not even close.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

lol

I had about 5 minutes to look at the time, maybe if I searched through pages I could have found more acceptable resources. But even today, doing a google search of "9 trump ballots in trash" on Google (my browser actually defaults to Bing, not Google), the entire first page of results are from sites I'm unfamiliar with but can easily tell they are not unbiased, with names like "coalregioncanary" "americanmilitarynews" and so on. If I add CNN to the search it comes up empty, although I'm sure they have mentioned it, it just isn't a big story they are pushing, and so they aren't among the top search results.  I bet if it was 9 Biden ballots they would though.
    Not sure why the source on a story like this is an issue. I posted a link, said I questioned the source but story seems real, and said decide for yourself. If the story is true, why does the source still matter at this point? I do believe right sources are happy to push the idea mail voting can't be trusted, but that's irrelevant when just sharing information. 
    Dude. You're talking about nine ballots. Do you think this deserves national news coverage? Drudge Report doesn't even have anything on it. I don't even see it on Trump's twitter feed. 

And again, I think the fact that the president knew about what is supposed to be an independent investigation, and the fact that this independent investigation blatantly said who the votes were cast for is the bigger story than nine fucking ballots. It's essentially a campaign ad for him to claim there is massive voting fraud happening when there is not. It's actually scary if you think of how he has the government actively working to advance his dangerous rhetoric. But Katie Pavlich and Townhall are not going to objectively tell you that. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Good point and thanks for the reminder!  A for not stressing out- I'll let you know how that's going in about 5 1/2 weeks!
    Ask yourself how the democrats won the house in 2018. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    @mace1229
    This right here is good, sound, unbiased reporting on this subject 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

lol

Dude. You're talking about nine ballots. Do you think this deserves national news coverage? Drudge Report doesn't even have anything on it. I don't even see it on Trump's twitter feed. 

And again, I think the fact that the president knew about what is supposed to be an independent investigation, and the fact that this independent investigation blatantly said who the votes were cast for is the bigger story than nine fucking ballots. It's essentially a campaign ad for him to claim there is massive voting fraud happening when there is not. It's actually scary if you think of how he has the government actively working to advance his dangerous rhetoric. But Katie Pavlich and Townhall are not going to objectively tell you that. 
    9 ballots is nothing. I thought it was worth mentioning and I shared a link, some seemed to agree given that  this could potentially be used to fuel the mail ballot debate. You asked if I always get my news from that site, I said no and explained that was just the top search result and didn’t feel like digging further. You asked if it should be national news, and now here we are. Still not sure why it even matters. I shared a link, prefaced it with it’s a biased source. Believe the source or not.