Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    Got this fear mongering propaganda in the mail today.

Biden may have aged another 10+ years based on that picture. Since both sides are the same I'll await the oppositions' fear mongering mail as well. So hard to choose which candidate to vote for.
    This showed up in my mailbox today. That Biden guy is something else. I also got a notice to request a mail-in ballot that also informed me Joe Biden and Tina Smith support letting trans individuals use bathrooms with little girls and compete in boxing matches with women, probably nice old ladies who go to bible study. Also that My birthday will be taken away, and other nonsense.
    The propaganda from the right is intense. Not only the mailings, but I've been getting text messages, and yes, even telling me to request a mail in ballot. Hmmm, I thought that was bad...

I haven't gotten anything from anybody about voting Democrat though. The right is on the TV, in my mailbox and on my phone constantly. That is what worries me most. So many dumb people believe that shit being sent out and there's no countering it.

I also wonder if it's my rural zip code they are targeting knowing support is strongest outside the major cities.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

Biden may have aged another 10+ years based on that picture. Since both sides are the same I'll await the oppositions' fear mongering mail as well. So hard to choose which candidate to vote for.
    This showed up in my mailbox today. That Biden guy is something else. I also got a notice to request a mail-in ballot that also informed me Joe Biden and Tina Smith support letting trans individuals use bathrooms with little girls and compete in boxing matches with women, probably nice old ladies who go to bible study. Also that My birthday will be taken away, and other nonsense.
    The propaganda from the right is intense. Not only the mailings, but I've been getting text messages, and yes, even telling me to request a mail in ballot. Hmmm, I thought that was bad...

I haven't gotten anything from anybody about voting Democrat though. The right is on the TV, in my mailbox and on my phone constantly. That is what worries me most. So many dumb people believe that shit being sent out and there's no countering it.

I also wonder if it's my rural zip code they are targeting knowing support is strongest outside the major cities.
    That’s interesting.  I got a txt to request the ballot too, but nothing in my mailbox.  Emails have gotten out of control from both parties, but I get so much spam these days, I don’t even notice.  Of course no candidate “really” cares about the region I live in...
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    Biden
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

That’s interesting.  I got a txt to request the ballot too, but nothing in my mailbox.  Emails have gotten out of control from both parties, but I get so much spam these days, I don’t even notice.  Of course no candidate “really” cares about the region I live in...

I have a co-worker very involved in local politics but also a hard-core lefty political junkie in general.  She's lately been saying "I have to un-subscribe from the very people I support.  I can't deal with all the emails and texts any more."

Lucky I don't sign up for much of this stuff. I am still thinking of donating. Is there a way to do it anonymously?  I don't want to be getting stuff from Amy McGrath for the rest of my life...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,079
    edited September 2020
    Propaganda exists on all sides. I actually believe the left is very effective with it. They've had a campaign for 4 years telling people you are evil if you don't vote for their party. I rarely hear any issues discussed, but its just how horrible of a person you are and how you deserve to suffer, etc, if you don't vote democrat. It may not be in my mailbox or phone calls, but that is the constant message from many leading politicians like Pelosi. Even the message here from many. Vote with me or you're an evil worthless piece of crap.
    That's propaganda people.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    Biden
    Drudge 2016 vs Drudge 2018

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    Propaganda exists on all sides. I actually believe the left is very effective with it. They've had a campaign for 4 years telling people you are evil if you don't vote for their party. I rarely hear any issues discussed, but its just how horrible of a person you are and how you deserve to suffer, etc, if you don't vote democrat. It may not be in my mailbox or phone calls, but that is the constant message from many leading politicians like Pelosi. Even the message here from many. Vote with me or you're an evil worthless piece of crap.
    Republicans are FAR better at it than Democrats. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

They have 2 completely different approaches. Republicans use fear of what the country will turn into. They'll tell you a vote for Biden means we'll be a commy country before the end of his first time.

Dems use it personally. They have pure hatred for anyone who disagrees with them and will label them a racist, bigot, etc. Its all propaganda is all I'm saying. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

They have 2 completely different approaches. Republicans use fear of what the country will turn into. They'll tell you a vote for Biden means we'll be a commy country before the end of his first time.

Dems use it personally. They have pure hatred for anyone who disagrees with them and will label them a racist, bigot, etc. Its all propaganda is all I'm saying. 
    Difference is Republicans have been using fear for a long time. The stuff you mention from the Dems is literally because they fear the country is going down an extremely dark path that might not be able to be fixed if Trump wins. I'm an independent but I absolutely understand where the dems are coming from there. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    Also I do not believe traditional Republicans truly believe that Biden will turn the country into a "commy country" as you suggest .They are just following orders from the idiot in the white house. They've all known Biden for decades. It's just politics to them. 

The Democrats really believe there might be no turning back if Trump wins, though. Huge distinction, in my opinion. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Also I do not believe traditional Republicans truly believe that Biden will turn the country into a "commy country" as you suggest .They are just following orders from the idiot in the white house. They've all known Biden for decades. It's just politics to them. 

The Democrats really believe there might be no turning back if Trump wins, though. Huge distinction, in my opinion. 
    True, they probably don't believe that. That's why its propaganda. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,047
    Biden
    mace1229 said:

Absolutely.  Neither party is perfect, but I cannot understand how anyone cannot see how much worse the Republican party is.  It's a "no-brainer".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Somebody needs to take His keys away from him...Good lord Joe, you are going to blow it...Stay in the basement!!

• Options
    Biden
    Somebody needs to take His keys away from him...Good lord Joe, you are going to blow it...Stay in the basement!!

I myself get pretty tongue tied talking about massive numbers of death.  PLEASE don't take away my keys!

And to be fair, let's maybe post an example of Biden's opponent's verbal eloquence and  linguistic prowess.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:

I myself get pretty tongue tied talking about massive numbers of death.  PLEASE don't take away my keys!

And to be fair, let's maybe post an example of Biden's opponent's verbal eloquence and  linguistic prowess.
    Agreed, it was a cringe-worthy moment, but Trump has been doing the same for years now.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden

Wow this is a pathetic attempt to smear Biden. Hey Linda, would you like, maybe, 5-10 examples of Trump making worse stumbles from literally THE SAME EXACT DAY? 

Man who has stuttered his entire life stumbles over a few words once in a twenty minute speech and the right wing nutjobs act like he's lost it while ignoring multiple missteps from Trump on a daily basis. 

You concerned about Trump's mini strokes at all? Nah, didn't think so. 

lol 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    Biden

Oh good, you're back! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

Wow this is a pathetic attempt to smear Biden. Hey Linda, would you like, maybe, 5-10 examples of Trump making worse stumbles from literally THE SAME EXACT DAY? 

Man who has stuttered his entire life stumbles over a few words once in a twenty minute speech and the right wing nutjobs act like he's lost it while ignoring multiple missteps from Trump on a daily basis. 

lol 
    “Mini Strokes” that’s Stormy’s nickname for Covidiot!

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Thomas Catenacci, a Northeastern University college student majoring in journalism and media studies, who writes for the Daily Caller and Daily Signal, no thanks. But if you want to get into the media business, why not start with right wing media outlets where the journalistic standards are so low, it’s almost impossible not to become a “rising star?” Give the kid props.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Oh good, you're back! 
    I’m sure her real name is Karen! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Oh good, you're back! 
    Not really.  Just bored at the airport waiting on a flight. Couldn’t believe the Commie News Network showed that, had a Laugh at the bar.  Carry on....
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    To the first bold, can you point me to anything that backs this up as true?

To the second bold, can you point out or link to any public statements, campaign messaging or anything at all that backs this up as a true statement, from Pelosi or "many leading politicians?" There should be copious amounts in the public realm if what you allege is true, yes?

To the third bold, can you point to one post where you or anyone with right views or these repugnant views ("how you deserve to suffer, etc. if you don't vote democrat") that make you the target of the left have called you or alluded to you as an "evil worthless piece of crap?"

All of which is such strong and numerous propaganda in volume that it should be really easy for you to point out with a link or a cut/post and a citation, correct?.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out

Thomas Catenacci, a Northeastern University college student, no thanks. 
    As a former and longtime Fenway resident (~10 years), I took the liberty of editing this for you. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

lol 
    “Mini Strokes” that’s Stormy’s nickname for Covidiot!

Now that’s funny.  Good one!! 
  • Options
    Biden

Oh good, you're back! 
    Not really.  Just bored at the airport waiting on a flight. Couldn’t believe the Commie News Network showed that, had a Laugh at the bar.  Carry on....

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

To the second bold, can you point out or link to any public statements, campaign messaging or anything at all that backs this up as a true statement, from Pelosi or "many leading politicians?" There should be copious amounts in the public realm if what you allege is true, yes?

To the third bold, can you point to one post where you or anyone with right views or these repugnant views ("how you deserve to suffer, etc. if you don't vote democrat") that make you the target of the left have called you or alluded to you as an "evil worthless piece of crap?"

All of which is such strong and numerous propaganda in volume that it should be really easy for you to point out with a link or a cut/post and a citation, correct?.
    I was mistaken. She didn't call republicans evil, she said they are "enemies of the state." My point was, there seems to be so much hate from the left at anyone who disagrees with them. Are you saying that isn't true? It goes back before the deplorables comment even.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/08/24/pelosi_republicans_are_domestic_enemies.html
  • Options
    PWMCT. Put that on a hat and send it to Team Trump Treason or wear it at one of his rallies. Powmfrot, Connecticut?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,429
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

Where in MN are you? I was up in the Wadena/Park Rapids area on Saturday visiting my brother. Got to see a Trump Parade of Toothless Tubbies in their flagged out trucks rolling down the highway. Maybe 40 trucks. It’s evidently a regular thing up there. My brother hates them.

i grew up in Brainerd. It’s a lost cause. They drank the Kool Aid. Sad.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

I was mistaken. She didn't call republicans evil, she said they are "enemies of the state." My point was, there seems to be so much hate from the left at anyone who disagrees with them. Are you saying that isn't true? It goes back before the deplorables comment even.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/08/24/pelosi_republicans_are_domestic_enemies.html
    Do you disagree with her characterization of Team Trump Treason and his collusion with Putin on the ritz and the repub enablers in Congress, who by and large are determined to strip away our democracy and the inherent checks and balances? Have you not been paying attention for the past 8 months with all that is going on, from covid misinformation and stupidity, to the post office and calling mail in voting a fraud, to the reorganization of our intelligence agencies and reduction of voting interference information, to all the shit in between too numerous to list, inclusive of Putin on the ritz fucking with us and not a peep from Team Trump Treason? And you’re concerned about an “enemies of the state” comment?

Please provide examples of “hate,” even some before the Deplorables comment. I have no problem with Nancy’s characterization and I don’t see it as “hate.” Willie Horton? Now that was some hate. Hate is a strong word and disagreeing on policy or accurate characterization of your opponents does not equate to hate. What about the other bolded statements you made?

Hate and fear of the other is all the right has left. The 400+ house bills or there abouts waiting senate action are indicative of that. The party of “NO” painted themselves into a corner. They’re down to all they have left, fear. And it might just be enough.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden

Oh good, you're back! 

Oh come on now, Linda, you know you like to hang out with us radical commie pinko freaks!  :smiley:

• Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:

Agreed, it was a cringe-worthy moment, but Trump has been doing the same for years now.

Always good to see a new or seldom seen face here!  :smile: