Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/514738-biden-condemns-rioting-in-new-ad

Biden increasing the push back and reversal on the rioting, blaming Trump for inflammatory language.  I'm biased but that seems like a pretty easy story to sell.  Only one of the candidates is the president and responsible for what happens and how to deal with it.  
    don't you think that it can also be argued well that this is on the democratic mayors and governors? that is, if trump can actually articulate that instead of just calling it "biden's america". not at all saying it is their fault, to me it's clear this is all on trump. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,079
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Propaganda exists on all sides. I actually believe the left is very effective with it. They've had a campaign for 4 years telling people you are evil if you don't vote for their party. I rarely hear any issues discussed, but its just how horrible of a person you are and how you deserve to suffer, etc, if you don't vote democrat. It may not be in my mailbox or phone calls, but that is the constant message from many leading politicians like Pelosi. Even the message here from many. Vote with me or you're an evil worthless piece of crap.
    That's propaganda people.
    To the first bold, can you point me to anything that backs this up as true?

To the second bold, can you point out or link to any public statements, campaign messaging or anything at all that backs this up as a true statement, from Pelosi or "many leading politicians?" There should be copious amounts in the public realm if what you allege is true, yes?

To the third bold, can you point to one post where you or anyone with right views or these repugnant views ("how you deserve to suffer, etc. if you don't vote democrat") that make you the target of the left have called you or alluded to you as an "evil worthless piece of crap?"

All of which is such strong and numerous propaganda in volume that it should be really easy for you to point out with a link or a cut/post and a citation, correct?.
    I was mistaken. She didn't call republicans evil, she said they are "enemies of the state." My point was, there seems to be so much hate from the left at anyone who disagrees with them. Are you saying that isn't true? It goes back before the deplorables comment even.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/08/24/pelosi_republicans_are_domestic_enemies.html
    You're mistaken AGAIN.  She didn't call Republicans enemies of the state.  She said that the team at 1600 Penn Ave and their allies in Congress are enemies to our voting system.  How did you screw that up twice?
    Listen to the whole thing, clear as day she did.
    Yes, she so she called him a domestic enemy of voting. And then included republicans in Congress, or that’s what I took her to mean his “allies in Congress.” So she called republicans domestic enemies. And then concluded by calling them enemies of the state. Trump and his allies in Congress, so most elected republicans minus a select few.
    Not sure how you can deny she said that.

Did you think she was leading into the next segment about Blink182 and said enema of the state?
    Republicans in congress are not most elected republicans, not by a long shot.  Nor are they republican voters.  Jumping from Trump and his allies in Congress (elected Republican congressional members) to all/most Republicans is silly.  And Trump, by his own words, is an enemy of voting simplicity
    Fine, but it was said by 2 people Pelosi never called anyone "enemies of the state." I was even called illiterate for saying that, even though I was referring to a video and its clearly in there. Not sure how they got to illiterate or if they know what that word means, but okay. But now that I pointed out exactly where in the video she refers to Trump and his allies in congress as enemies of the state, can we agree that she said it and that she did in fact call Trump and the majority of republican congress enemies of the state?
    Aren't there about 200 republicans in congress, often more? Unless you count local city council members, that's the majority of republican elected officials. I view city council as like the JV into politics, no one really knows any of them when voting or cares too much and they aren't involved with anything on a state or federal level. Between the senate, governors, and anyone else who acts on a bigger scale, a body of 200 represents the majority of that elected party. That is why I view calling congress a certain way (enemies of the state) is the same as calling the entire party the same thing. That's my opinion on that comment and how I believe she meant it. You can disagree that she meant something else, but can't disagree that she said it.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The choice between Markey and Kennedy wasn't much of a choice at all, but I voted for Markey because Kennedy was the wrong candidate to challenge him. I absolutely agree that Markey may have been there too long and it may be time for new blood, but a Kennedy kid telling me he represents a change from the politics of old is a few bridges too far. Had he stayed in Congress I likely would have voted for Kennedy again, but his Senate challenge was ridiculous. Also...the Pelosi endorsement did not help.   
    I was surprised Pelosi got involved.  It's really just payback from when he was in the House and I dont think he backed her previous bid to be Speaker,  I believe. 
    Obviously, astute voters prefer less petty power plays.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Propaganda exists on all sides. I actually believe the left is very effective with it. They've had a campaign for 4 years telling people you are evil if you don't vote for their party. I rarely hear any issues discussed, but its just how horrible of a person you are and how you deserve to suffer, etc, if you don't vote democrat. It may not be in my mailbox or phone calls, but that is the constant message from many leading politicians like Pelosi. Even the message here from many. Vote with me or you're an evil worthless piece of crap.

To the second bold, can you point out or link to any public statements, campaign messaging or anything at all that backs this up as a true statement, from Pelosi or "many leading politicians?" There should be copious amounts in the public realm if what you allege is true, yes?

To the third bold, can you point to one post where you or anyone with right views or these repugnant views ("how you deserve to suffer, etc. if you don't vote democrat") that make you the target of the left have called you or alluded to you as an "evil worthless piece of crap?"

All of which is such strong and numerous propaganda in volume that it should be really easy for you to point out with a link or a cut/post and a citation, correct?.
    I was mistaken. She didn't call republicans evil, she said they are "enemies of the state." My point was, there seems to be so much hate from the left at anyone who disagrees with them. Are you saying that isn't true? It goes back before the deplorables comment even.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/08/24/pelosi_republicans_are_domestic_enemies.html
    You're mistaken AGAIN.  She didn't call Republicans enemies of the state.  She said that the team at 1600 Penn Ave and their allies in Congress are enemies to our voting system.  How did you screw that up twice?
    Yes, she so she called him a domestic enemy of voting. And then included republicans in Congress, or that’s what I took her to mean his “allies in Congress.” So she called republicans domestic enemies. And then concluded by calling them enemies of the state. Trump and his allies in Congress, so most elected republicans minus a select few.

Did you think she was leading into the next segment about Blink182 and said enema of the state?
    Republicans in congress are not most elected republicans, not by a long shot.  Nor are they republican voters.  Jumping from Trump and his allies in Congress (elected Republican congressional members) to all/most Republicans is silly.  And Trump, by his own words, is an enemy of voting simplicity
    Fine, but it was said by 2 people Pelosi never called anyone "enemies of the state." I was even called illiterate for saying that, even though I was referring to a video and its clearly in there. Not sure how they got to illiterate or if they know what that word means, but okay. But now that I pointed out exactly where in the video she refers to Trump and his allies in congress as enemies of the state, can we agree that she said it and that she did in fact call Trump and the majority of republican congress enemies of the state?
    Aren't there about 200 republicans in congress, often more? Unless you count local city council members, that's the majority of republican elected officials. I view city council as like the JV into politics, no one really knows any of them when voting or cares too much and they aren't involved with anything on a state or federal level. Between the senate, governors, and anyone else who acts on a bigger scale, a body of 200 represents the majority of that elected party. That is why I view calling congress a certain way (enemies of the state) is the same as calling the entire party the same thing. That's my opinion on that comment and how I believe she meant it. You can disagree that she meant something else, but can't disagree that she said it.
    Making shit up again. You either lie here often or you're confused a lot.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Dude, c'mon.  You think 200 is majority of elected officials?  Okay throw out city council.  Mayors, governors, state legs, state senators, AG's.  That's far, far more than 199 elected Republican officials.  

Edit- and what's with Trump supporters always trying to re-explain what people said?  I get that they feel the need to always have to walk back whatever dumb thing Trump said as "he really meant this", but Nancy said what she said and pointed to Trump and Congress.  You can 'interpret' that however you want and take pains to explain it with bad math, but why feel compelled to re-explain Nancy's own words?
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

This was the reply to me saying Pelosi called republicans "enemies of the state" :
    "You're mistaken AGAIN.  She didn't call Republicans enemies of the state.  She said that the team at 1600 Penn Ave and their allies in Congress are enemies to our voting system.  How did you screw that up twice?"

That is clearly denying that she said it.

And to that comment you agreed and called me illiterate.

Clearly, it was denied she called them "enemies of the state" even though I provided the video and the exact spot.  What am I exactly lieing about here?

• Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

This was the reply to me saying Pelosi called republicans "enemies of the state" :
    "You're mistaken AGAIN.  She didn't call Republicans enemies of the state.  She said that the team at 1600 Penn Ave and their allies in Congress are enemies to our voting system.  How did you screw that up twice?"

That is clearly denying that she said it.

And to that comment you agreed and called me illiterate.

Clearly, it was denied she called them "enemies of the state" even though I provided the video and the exact spot.  What am I exactly lieing about here?
    I missed the very last comment originally, so I apologize for that.  But I still say you are misrepresenting the statement for the reasons articulated above. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Dude, c'mon.  You think 200 is majority of elected officials?  Okay throw out city council.  Mayors, governors, state legs, state senators, AG's.  That's far, far more than 199 elected Republican officials.  

Edit- and what's with Trump supporters always trying to re-explain what people said?  I get that they feel the need to always have to walk back whatever dumb thing Trump said as "he really meant this", but Nancy said what she said and pointed to Trump and Congress.  You can 'interpret' that however you want and take pains to explain it with bad math, but why feel compelled to re-explain Nancy's own words?
    I said at the state and federal level, because thats all that Pelosi deals with. Are there more than 200 elected republicans as governors and senate? I forgot about AGs, but fine, include them, theres still not 200 elected republicans at a state and federal level are there?  
    We can disagree on what she meant. But if anyone was to say Biden and his allies in congress are stupid, most would probably take that to mean democrats in general, would you not? Or would you think they just meant the 200 elected officials that millions of poeple voted for are stupid, but no one beyond that list of 200? Forget city counel and mayors, etc.,  maybe I was wrong on the exact total number, doesn't really matter, the thing is everyone she called an enemy of the state represents millions and were voted for by millions. I would think they are included in that statement. People here lump anyone who voted for Trump in with all of his mistakes and ideologies. Happens every day, Trump is a racist, therefore anyone who voted for him is also a racist. Probably don't have to scroll through more than 5 minutes to find someone saying that here. I would htink that applies to most elected officals and not just Trump. So by calling half of congress enemies of the state, by extension you're calling everyone who supports them and votes for them the same. Maybe you don't thats okay.

Anyway, this is my only break until the end of the day and hopefully we'll be far beyond this converrsation by the time I check back in next. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

You're wasting your time. It's constant goal post moving. If you try and nail something down it just keeps moving and moving.
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

I said at the state and federal level, because thats all that Pelosi deals with. Are there more than 200 elected republicans as governors and senate? I forgot about AGs, but fine, include them, theres still not 200 elected republicans at a state and federal level are there?  
    We can disagree on what she meant. But if anyone was to say Biden and his allies in congress are stupid, most would probably take that to mean democrats in general, would you not? Or would you think they just meant the 200 elected officials that millions of poeple voted for are stupid, but no one beyond that list of 200? Forget city counel and mayors, etc.,  maybe I was wrong on the exact total number, doesn't really matter, the thing is everyone she called an enemy of the state represents millions and were voted for by millions. I would think they are included in that statement. People here lump anyone who voted for Trump in with all of his mistakes and ideologies. Happens every day, Trump is a racist, therefore anyone who voted for him is also a racist. Probably don't have to scroll through more than 5 minutes to find someone saying that here. I would htink that applies to most elected officals and not just Trump. So by calling half of congress enemies of the state, by extension you're calling everyone who supports them and votes for them the same. Maybe you don't thats okay.

Anyway, this is my only break until the end of the day and hopefully we'll be far beyond this converrsation by the time I check back in next. 
    There are 66 Republican state senators and legislatures in VA alone (my state), and they are in the minority in both chambers.  So do the math..  
    Pelosi is very, very careful to not insult Republican voters and citizens.  So I don't think this is a matter of disagreement on her meaning. She is very precise in her language purposefully.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

There are 66 Republican state senators and legislatures in VA alone (my state), and they are in the minority in both chambers.  So do the math..  
    Pelosi is very, very careful to not insult Republican voters and citizens.  So I don't think this is a matter of disagreement on her meaning. She is very precise in her language purposefully.  
    I was wrong in not including house of reps and state assemblies. So my numbers were way off, yes.
    I still believe if you insult 200 members of congress you are also insulting those that vote and support them.
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

I was wrong in not including house of reps and state assemblies. So my numbers were way off, yes.
    I still believe if you insult 200 members of congress you are also insulting those that vote and support them.
    So when Trump insults Biden, Pelosi, et all, then I should interpret it as a personal insult and shouldn't consider him as a candidate?  That's an odd strategy/POV to build a coalition.  
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

You never answered my question as to whether you think Pelosi’s characterization is accurate given all the shit we know about the Team Trump Treason campaign, transition team and administration have done and are doing to dismantle the checks and balances of our democracy. Imagine what we don’t know about (tax returns)?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    Biden
    This could have gone in a number of threads but here is where it is. Sharon Stone is talking about what's going on with her family and Covid. This is soul-eater's America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZypaMpiEwY

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
  • Options
    Biden
    Kat said:
    That's leadership there.  That's the hard work it takes,  not picking a side and doing a photo op.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:

That's leadership there.  That's the hard work it takes,  not picking a side and doing a photo op.
    Are you sure?  I bet he won't even have the guts to call someone a terrible reporter, flip paper towels to people, or make all about himself.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:

Are you sure?  I bet he won't even have the guts to call someone a terrible reporter, flip paper towels to people, or make all about himself.
    I was thinking about what will happen in the debates.  When confronted in the press, he gets mad, walks away, etc.  I think Biden is going to revert to old Scranton dialogue and get rough with him.  He's going to call him out on lies and such, because you know Trump will lie.  I just think Biden will be aggressive, and not show him the respect he would normally show a president or a candidate.  It will be interesting to see the strategy Biden takes.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:

I was thinking about what will happen in the debates.  When confronted in the press, he gets mad, walks away, etc.  I think Biden is going to revert to old Scranton dialogue and get rough with him.  He's going to call him out on lies and such, because you know Trump will lie.  I just think Biden will be aggressive, and not show him the respect he would normally show a president or a candidate.  It will be interesting to see the strategy Biden takes.  
    I think Biden will goad Team trump Treason into taking a swing at him or challenging him to step outside, if Team trump Treason doesn't pout off the stage first. Then Sleepy Woke Joe can verbally jab and uppercut an empty podium.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:

i seem to recall thinking trump was absolutely terrible at the debates with hillary, thinking "he's done", with nothing but his school yard "i know you are but what am i" nonsense, but you look at his supporters, and they almost always say he destroyed her in the debates. 

because yelling "WRONG" into the microphone is a real zinger. 

hopefully biden is able to swing moderates to his side. i thought hillary would though. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
    Biden
    Chris Wallace to moderate the first debate. I think he's a great choice. He'll challenge both of them. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,199
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:

Trump will have to be on the defensive the entire time which will be great.  

He won't be able to bring up Hunter Biden because that will open up Ivanka/Jared.  He definitely won't convert anyone.

He will be reduced to the same talking points where he brags about how great the economy is, how great the stock market is, etc.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:

Trump will have to be on the defensive the entire time which will be great.  

He won't be able to bring up Hunter Biden because that will open up Ivanka/Jared.  He definitely won't convert anyone.

He will be reduced to the same talking points where he brags about how great the economy is, how great the stock market is, etc.
    He'll probably just say O-Bama Gate this and that.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,429
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:

i seem to recall thinking trump was absolutely terrible at the debates with hillary, thinking "he's done", with nothing but his school yard "i know you are but what am i" nonsense, but you look at his supporters, and they almost always say he destroyed her in the debates. 

because yelling "WRONG" into the microphone is a real zinger. 

hopefully biden is able to swing moderates to his side. i thought hillary would though. 
    Debating was/is not Hillary’s strongest quality. I didn’t think she did that great of a job calling out the BS. Hopefully, Scranton Joe shows up, and when Dumb Donald goes low, Joe kicks him in the balls.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    edited September 2020
    Biden

Biden up 7.5% right now...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,572
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    Yes it is.

Did Biden call the Jacob Family too?
  • Options
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    Yes it is.

Yes he did and spoke with them for an hour with the family’s attorney listening in. Team Trump Treason wouldn’t call and speak if they had their attorney on the call. Pathetic.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    Biden
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    Yes it is.

Yup. The family wanted to speak with him. Trump...not so much.

Trump says he talked to their pastor instead and, this being Trump, I don't even believe him. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    Yes it is.

They spoke for over an hour.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/28/politics/jacob-blake-kamala-harris-joe-biden-cnntv/index.html