Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,271
    edited August 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    I see the Trump flags all over where I live in rural MN. They range from having the motto keep America great, no more bullshit, make liberals cry again and one literally with a muscular Trump on a tank. Loud minority for sure.
    After watching what’s transpired in the last two months I believe he will win re-election! The looters & violence has worked in his favor! 
    I agree and it’s very frustrating to watch these looters sabotage themselves. 

Michael Moore, who predicted trumps 2016 win, thought  all along Biden will cruise this time, has recently changed his mind,

“ The documentary film-maker Michael Moore has warned that Donald Trump appears to have such momentum in some battleground states that liberals risk a repeat of 2016 when so many wrote off Trump only to see him grab the White House.

“Sorry to have to provide the reality check again,” he said.

Moore, who was one of few political observers to predict Trump’s victory over Hillary Clinton in 2016, said that “enthusiasm for Trump is off the charts” in key areas compared with the Democratic party nominee, Joe Biden.

“Are you ready for a Trump victory? Are you mentally prepared to be outsmarted by Trump again? Do you find comfort in your certainty that there is no way Trump can win? Are you content with the trust you’ve placed in the DNC [Democratic National Committee] to pull this off?” Moore posted on Facebook late on Friday.

Moore identified opinion polling in battleground states such as Minnesota and Michigan to make a case that the sitting president is running alongside or ahead of his rival.

“The Biden campaign just announced he’ll be visiting a number of states – but not Michigan. Sound familiar?” Moore wrote, presumably indicating Hillary Clinton’s 2016 race when she made the error of avoiding some states that then swung to Trump.

“I’m warning you almost 10 weeks in advance. The enthusiasm level for the 60 million in Trump’s base is OFF THE CHARTS! For Joe, not so much,” he later added.

He continued to voters: “Don’t leave it to the Democrats to get rid of Trump. YOU have to get rid of Trump. WE have to wake up every day for the next 67 days and make sure each of us are going to get a hundred people out to vote. ACT NOW!”

Moore cited CNN polling of registered voters this month to assert that “Biden and Trump were in a virtual tie”, including a poll that showed the pair tied at 47% in Minnesota. Moore said that Trump “has closed the gap to 4 points” in Michigan.

national CNN poll this month showed that Biden’s lead over Trump has narrowed nationally, 50% to 46%, while a survey from the Republican-leaning Trafalgar Group found Biden and Trump statistically tied at 47% in Minnesota, and Trump narrowly leading Biden in Michigan. The margin of error for the poll, which surveyed 1,048 people, is 2.98%.

Moore, a vocal supporter of Bernie Sanders’s leftwing candidacy, warned in October 2016 that “Trump’s election is going to be the biggest ‘f*** you’ ever recorded in human history – and it will feel good,” even as Clinton appeared to be sailing to victory.

“Whether Trump means it or not is kind of irrelevant because he’s saying the things to people who are hurting, and that’s why every beaten-down, nameless, forgotten working stiff who used to be part of what was called the middle class loves Trump,” Moore warned at that time.

Moore’s latest warnings come as Trump said at a campaign event in New Hampshire on Friday night that he supported seeing the first female president of the United States, but recommended his daughter over the Democratic vice-presidential candidate Kamala Harris.

“They’re all saying ‘we want Ivanka,’” Trump told his supporters. “I don’t blame them.”

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,494
    Yep you can feel it in the air the climate has changed, to give idiot the wind he needs to win! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,943
    I'm sitting this one out
    Yep you can feel it in the air the climate has changed, to give idiot the wind he needs to win! 
    But how? How could democratic leaders allow this to happen? Why wasn’t any of the insane amount of violence addressed at the DNC? Imo, all it would take is a great speech  addressing what’s going on and clarifying for the average voter what defund means. At different points this year it almost feels like both sides want to lose in November. Why did it take the violence showing up in the polls to now care about the chaos, as per Don Lemon? I also don’t think things like “fiery but peaceful” are helping. Fox News gets away with it because everyone expects it from them, unfortunately . CNN seems to be moving closer and closer to parody and the Fox News approach. I understand it’s far from over, but still...... 

**im not instigating or playing contrarian, I’m legitimately asking and puzzled by all of this. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,476
    Biden
    nicknyr15 said:
    But how? How could democratic leaders allow this to happen? Why wasn’t any of the insane amount of violence addressed at the DNC? Imo, all it would take is a great speech  addressing what’s going on and clarifying for the average voter what defund means. At different points this year it almost feels like both sides want to lose in November. Why did it take the violence showing up in the polls to now care about the chaos, as per Don Lemon? I also don’t think things like “fiery but peaceful” are helping. Fox News gets away with it because everyone expects it from them, unfortunately . CNN seems to be moving closer and closer to parody and the Fox News approach. I understand it’s far from over, but still...... 

**im not instigating or playing contrarian, I’m legitimately asking and puzzled by all of this. 

Joe doesnt support defunding police. Has made it clear he doesnt. In fact suggests increasing funding for better training etc....

look for his usa today op-ed.

why would it be necessary to define a concept you arent implementing?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,943
    I'm sitting this one out
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Joe doesnt support defunding police. Has made it clear he doesnt. In fact suggests increasing funding for better training etc....

look for his usa today op-ed.

why would it be necessary to define a concept you arent implementing?
    Ok I will look it up. Thank you for the info. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    I get the concern. I'm definetely not convinced Biden is going to win, but I'm also not doom and gloom Trump is going to win. I'm optimistic; however, those that say he has not gained voters need to consider the amount of Trump supporting parents' whose kids have turned 18 in the last 4 years. Sorry, but the voters who support Biden are generally not having as many kids as Trump humpers. I've seen this phenomena among my relatives and my wife's. Minnesota will be close and it all comes down to if there are more Biden votes in the metro compared to the overwhelming dominance he'll get in the rural areas. It seems ridiculous, but people are really into voting against their interests.

I mean, every one of those Trump election mottos I mentioned above is completely bullshit. He has, and will continue to do exactly the opposite of each one, but his supporters are ignorant and don't care.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,494
    The DNC has been non existent in sending a clear message that looting & destruction of people’s property is a non-starter but they’ve failed, it’s mind boggling..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    Meanwhile Trump’s base is getting more and more energized.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,198
    Biden
    The DNC has been non existent in sending a clear message that looting & destruction of people’s property is a non-starter but they’ve failed, it’s mind boggling..
    It’s crazy.  ,la would actually be the best person to speak on this...but I guess perhaps the DEms don’t want to highlight that portion of her career? 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,682
    Biden

My vote doesn't matter in the state I live in because it will go Trump.  That said, I made sure to get my voter registration ready but I want to vote against Trump.  The sad thing is that I think Biden is a poor candidate.   He is just as incoherent sometimes as Trump (and as creepy) and we need someone with energy to lead and not because they are still trying to check a box on a bucket list.  Nevertheless, he is a better alternative than Trump. 

The fact that Biden is not out on the road at least trying to speak to small groups in a safe way is ridiculous.  I heard Pelosi float the idea of no debates.  Clearly that was a test and meant to get the voters used to the idea of no debates.  They know Trump will eat him alive during debates.  Just a terribly weak candidate. 

If the Dems do not come out strong for protests but against violence/looting they'll lose a lot of swing states.  It has to be across the board. Local government controls.  Swing voters are not going to  vote for a party that thinks they are racist if they feel that looting a Target or Wal-Mart is wrong. 

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,075
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    I get the concern. I'm definetely not convinced Biden is going to win, but I'm also not doom and gloom Trump is going to win. I'm optimistic; however, those that say he has not gained voters need to consider the amount of Trump supporting parents' whose kids have turned 18 in the last 4 years. Sorry, but the voters who support Biden are generally not having as many kids as Trump humpers. I've seen this phenomena among my relatives and my wife's. Minnesota will be close and it all comes down to if there are more Biden votes in the metro compared to the overwhelming dominance he'll get in the rural areas. It seems ridiculous, but people are really into voting against their interests.

I mean, every one of those Trump election mottos I mentioned above is completely bullshit. He has, and will continue to do exactly the opposite of each one, but his supporters are ignorant and don't care.
    Sadly, this is true.  Better.well educated people are more apt to vote for Biden than they are for Trump.  And better/well educated people are less apt to reproduce.  I too have seen much evidence for a long time.  It started with my generation.  I have predicted the demise of this country for decades for that very reason.  It's a race to the bottom.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Setting aside the labels the media assign people and using a really concise, accurate and funny description what will you vote for in November?

Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Biden
    Setting aside the labels the media assign people and using a really concise, accurate and funny description what will you vote for in November?

She forgot Trumpism:  You've got two cows and discover they have Mad Cow Disease.  Trump tells you, "Don't worry, they'll get over it soon and everything will be fine."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,183
    Biden
    or Trumpism: you have two cows, both fed a hefty diet of Trump Brand Grassfeed. both die. Trump blames democrats and the cow owners believe him. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    or Trumpism: you have two cows, both fed a hefty diet of Trump Brand Grassfeed. both die. Trump blames democrats and the cow owners believe him. 

Might I make a slight adjustment?
    "You have two cows, both fed a hefty diet of Trump Brand Grassfeed. both die. Trump blames democrats and the cow owners believe him."

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    There is an author (whom I will not name) who I used to quote here from time to time and who's work I once admired.  He is also a writer I have communicated with a number of times- lately to much, much frustration.  Somehow, beyond my comprehension, that author has become a Trump supporter.  Today I listed all of the books that are of any value of his (about $100 worth, and am getting rid of the rest) through my on-line sales site.  If and when they sell, I will donate a major portion of those sales to the Biden campaign. 

I hope some Trump fan buys them so I can take some of their money and give it to Biden!
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,183
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    There is an author (whom I will not name) who I used to quote here from time to time and who's work I once admired.  He is also a writer I have communicated with a number of times- lately to much, much frustration.  Somehow, beyond my comprehension, that author has become a Trump supporter.  Today I listed all of the books that are of any value of his (about $100 worth, and am getting rid of the rest) through my on-line sales site.  If and when they sell, I will donate a major portion of those sales to the Biden campaign. 
    :clap:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    Biden
    brianlux said:

I hope some Trump fan buys them so I can take some of their money and give it to Biden!
    I think we should be able to collectively pull together $100 for you to make up for the cost of those books. And in turn, you could just burn them. Though the idea of using a trumpers money for the Biden campaign does sound better.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,682
    Biden
    brianlux said:

What are the authors reasons for supporting Trump? 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,314

Trump's still in trouble in first post-convention polling

The new ABC News/Ipsos poll is especially harsh for Trump. Although it did not poll the horse race, it did poll the candidates' favorability ratings.
    Trump's favorable rating stood at 32% in an Ipsos' poll last week. Today, after the Republican National Convention, it stands at 31%.
      Biden's favorable rating, meanwhile, was at 45% last week. It's now at 46%.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/politics/trump-biden-post-convention-polling/index.html

• Options
      Biden
      brianlux said:

I think we should be able to collectively pull together $100 for you to make up for the cost of those books. And in turn, you could just burn them. Though the idea of using a trumpers money for the Biden campaign does sound better.
      Thanks for the offer, lol.  Thanks to Ray Bradbury, I never have nor ever will burn a book.   But if they sell, I'll be happy!
      brianlux said:

What are the authors reasons for supporting Trump? 

He's become big into  "Deep State" conspiracy theory and holds that on that account, the Democratic Party is worse than Trump and his gang.  We wrote back and forth a few times and I could see it was going nowhere.  In his last message he asked basically, "Besides Trumps disagreeable personality, what has the Right done to you personally,"  and then he goes on to list things the Left has done and finished by stating that he will do everything he can to see that they (the Left) don't get a chance to govern. 

That was the end of it for me.  I'm bummed but all I can do is counter by selling the books and sending money to the Biden campaign. 

The whole thing has been a real downer.  I've never turned away from a creative person that I admired, let alone this drastically.   Maybe it's some strange unknown virus going around.  I really don't get it.

• Options
      Biden
      dignin said:

Trump's still in trouble in first post-convention polling

The new ABC News/Ipsos poll is especially harsh for Trump. Although it did not poll the horse race, it did poll the candidates' favorability ratings.
      Trump's favorable rating stood at 32% in an Ipsos' poll last week. Today, after the Republican National Convention, it stands at 31%.
      Biden's favorable rating, meanwhile, was at 45% last week. It's now at 46%.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/politics/trump-biden-post-convention-polling/index.html

Encouraging!

Lately, like most of you, I've been hearing all this doom and gloom about how Trump is catching up.  I understand the concern, and it should be impetus for as many as possible to get out and vote and we should be willing to face the concerns, but I think it's also important to stay positive in our focus.  Fear, hopelessness, and being discouraged do not make us strong.  Courage, commitment, and hard work make us strong.  We need to not wimp out!

• Options
      Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
      Biden
      My new hero.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
      Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
      Biden
      I was gonna put this in the blob thread.

Wtf?

https://youtu.be/2Bc7ZeV39E8

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
      tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
      Biden
      Sometimes Oliver is pretty hit or miss, but he's dead on here.

It's a hopeless situation...
    • Options
      mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,476
      edited August 2020
      _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
      you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
      memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
      another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    • Options
      Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,208
      Biden
      Biden is ripping tRump to shreds right now...
      Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
      2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
      2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
      2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
      2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
      2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
      2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    • Options
      The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,562
      Biden
      Oh man. This is a fucking barn burner of a speech. Love it! Need more of this
      chinese-happy.jpg
    • Options
      The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,562
      Biden
      I fucking love this speech
      chinese-happy.jpg
    • Options
      gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,317
      Biden
      I fucking love this speech
      where is he speaking? just logged back on and i am missing it.
      There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."